|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A flower.
(b) A feather.
(c) A stone.
(d) A coal.
2. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
3. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
(c) Molecular Biology.
4. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) As a slightly darkened cloud.
(b) As the reflection on a mirror.
(c) As water.
(d) As a light in a bottle.
5. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
(a) Under the desk.
(b) Behind a curtain.
(c) In his scholarly robes on his bed.
(d) Outside under a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
2. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
3. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
4. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
5. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)