|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
2. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
(a) He has vanished with Paris and Helen.
(b) He is unconscious.
(c) He is asleep.
(d) He is content and happily visiting with Mephistopheles.
3. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
(a) They try to emulate her.
(b) They are indifferent to her.
(c) They adore her.
(d) They are jealous of her.
4. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
(a) The homunculus suggests that he goes off on his own.
(b) He wants to seek out Achilles.
(c) He is obsessed with finding Helen.
(d) He is upset at Mephistopholes.
5. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
2. What type of creature is Chiron?
3. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
4. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)