|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
(a) May Day.
(c) Day of the Kings.
(d) Winter Solstice.
2. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
3. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
(a) Under the desk.
(b) Outside under a tree.
(c) Behind a curtain.
(d) In his scholarly robes on his bed.
4. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
(a) They find her very beautiful.
(b) They are indifferent to her.
(c) They can't see her.
(d) They dislike her.
5. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A stone.
(b) A coal.
(c) A feather.
(d) A flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
3. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
4. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)