|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
(a) With gold he found buried in the kingdom.
(b) Through paper notes signed by the emperor.
(c) He paid them with jewels from the emperor's treasure chamber.
(d) He has not paid anyone in the empire.
2. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. Who is specifically told to remain behind in his study rather than travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night?
4. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
(a) All professors.
(b) Single females.
(c) Inexperienced youth.
(d) Men over thirty.
5. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
2. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
3. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
4. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
5. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)