|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) The appearance of volcano.
(b) The lunar eclipse that takes place.
(c) The fall of a meteor, which disrupts the landscape.
(d) The arrival of a flock of birds.
2. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
(a) The approach of dawn.
(b) The rising moon.
(c) A thunder storm.
(d) The setting sun.
3. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
(a) The home of Hades.
(b) The Garden of Eden.
(c) The Temple of Demetrius.
(d) The Temple of Apollo.
4. Why is Wagner successful in creating the homunculus in Scene II of Act II?
(a) He has several students assisting him.
(b) He is not successful in creating the homunculus.
(c) He is aided by Mephistopheles.
(d) He uses a new procedure.
5. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
3. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
4. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)