|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting in the beginning of Act II?
(a) Faust's study.
(b) The imperial court.
(c) Ancient Greece.
(d) A pleasing countryside.
2. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
(a) A beautiful pleasure garden.
(b) A dimly illuminated Baronial Hall.
(c) A brightly lighted room.
(d) The setting is not disclosed.
3. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
4. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
5. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) He is attacked by a group of beggars.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He goes momentarily blind.
(d) His beard catches fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
2. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
3. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
4. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
5. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)