|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
(a) He has not paid anyone in the empire.
(b) With gold he found buried in the kingdom.
(c) He paid them with jewels from the emperor's treasure chamber.
(d) Through paper notes signed by the emperor.
2. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
4. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
5. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
2. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
3. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
4. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
5. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)