|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) Food and wine.
(b) Magical money that transforms when it is touched.
(c) Beautiful jewelry that is bewitched to change colors.
(d) Anvils and hammers to do work.
2. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
(d) He decides to not take a form, but remain shapeless.
3. What is the eldest of the fates?
4. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
5. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
(a) At the imperial court.
(b) At home in his study.
(c) In a quiet cottage.
(d) A pleasing landscape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
2. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
3. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
4. What reason does the homunculus tell Mephistopheles, to encourage him to take Faust to the classical Walpurgis Night?
5. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)