|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
(a) The homunculus suggests that he goes off on his own.
(b) He is obsessed with finding Helen.
(c) He wants to seek out Achilles.
(d) He is upset at Mephistopholes.
2. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
3. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
4. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
(a) A pleasing landscape.
(b) In a quiet cottage.
(c) At home in his study.
(d) At the imperial court.
5. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
(a) He decides to not take a form, but remain shapeless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
2. Why has the emperor requested Faust to conjure Helen and Paris?
3. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
4. According to Mephistopheles, what must one possess to receive miracles?
5. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)