|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
(a) Outside under a tree.
(b) In his scholarly robes on his bed.
(c) Under the desk.
(d) Behind a curtain.
2. Why has the emperor requested Faust to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) He seeks amusement and wants to see their beauty.
(b) Mephistopheles suggested it to him.
(c) He hopes to have Paris lead his army.
(d) He hopes to woo Helen.
3. According to Faust's dream, who is the mother of Helen?
4. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. According to Mephistopheles, what must one possess to receive miracles?
(a) Good Luck.
(b) Divine blessing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
2. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
3. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
4. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
5. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)