|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
(a) They find her very beautiful.
(b) They are indifferent to her.
(c) They can't see her.
(d) They dislike her.
2. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
3. What news does the marshal bring the emperor in the beginning of Scene 4 of Act I?
(a) He tells the emperor that the people are rioting.
(b) He tells the emperor a civil war has broken out.
(c) He tells the emperor that the people have built a statue for him.
(d) He tells the emperor that all of his debts have been paid in full.
4. What reason does the homunculus tell Mephistopheles, to encourage him to take Faust to the classical Walpurgis Night?
(a) He does not give a reason, but simply demands they go.
(b) Otherwise Faust will die.
(c) It is the only way for Mephistopheles to understand Faust.
(d) The homunculus believes it will be amusing.
5. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
2. What is the eldest of the fates?
3. According to Mephistopheles, what must one possess to receive miracles?
4. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
5. How does the group travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night in Scene 2 of Act II?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)