|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) Magical money that transforms when it is touched.
(b) Anvils and hammers to do work.
(c) Food and wine.
(d) Beautiful jewelry that is bewitched to change colors.
2. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The fool.
(b) The chancellor.
(c) His wiseman.
(d) The treasurer.
3. According to Faust's dream, who is the mother of Helen?
4. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
(a) He has vanished with Paris and Helen.
(b) He is unconscious.
(c) He is asleep.
(d) He is content and happily visiting with Mephistopheles.
5. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
2. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
3. Who is specifically told to remain behind in his study rather than travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night?
4. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
5. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)