|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
2. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
(b) The chancellor.
4. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
(b) The homonculus.
5. Why is Wagner successful in creating the homunculus in Scene II of Act II?
(a) He uses a new procedure.
(b) He is aided by Mephistopheles.
(c) He is not successful in creating the homunculus.
(d) He has several students assisting him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
3. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
4. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
5. Which mythical group suggests that Faust seek out Chiron?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)