|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
(a) They are jealous of her.
(b) They adore her.
(c) They are indifferent to her.
(d) They try to emulate her.
2. What are the names of the two philosophers that the homunculus comes upon in Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) Socrates and Plato.
(b) Heraclitus and Thales.
(c) Anaxagoras and Xenophanes.
(d) Anaxagoras and Thales.
3. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
(a) In his scholarly robes on his bed.
(b) Outside under a tree.
(c) Behind a curtain.
(d) Under the desk.
4. What is the setting in the beginning of Act II?
(a) Faust's study.
(b) A pleasing countryside.
(c) The imperial court.
(d) Ancient Greece.
5. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
2. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
3. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
4. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
5. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)