|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
2. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
(a) They dislike him.
(b) They find him beautiful.
(c) They are jealous of him.
(d) They are indifferent to him.
4. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) A dark cloak.
(b) A password.
(c) A magical key.
(d) A map of the underworld.
5. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
(a) May Day.
(b) Winter Solstice.
(d) Day of the Kings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What is the job of Nereus?
3. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
4. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
5. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)