|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
(a) Day of the Kings.
(b) May Day.
(c) Winter Solstice.
2. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
3. Why has the emperor requested Faust to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) He hopes to woo Helen.
(b) He hopes to have Paris lead his army.
(c) Mephistopheles suggested it to him.
(d) He seeks amusement and wants to see their beauty.
4. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
(a) He wants to seek out Achilles.
(b) He is upset at Mephistopholes.
(c) He is obsessed with finding Helen.
(d) The homunculus suggests that he goes off on his own.
5. What is the job of Nereus?
(a) He is the servant of Neptune.
(b) He is the guardian of the sea.
(c) He is the protector of ships.
(d) His job is not given in the novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
2. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
3. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
4. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
5. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)