|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
2. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
(c) The chancellor.
3. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
(b) The cathedral.
(c) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
(d) The countryside.
4. Which mythical group suggests that Faust seek out Chiron?
(a) The sirens.
(b) The ogres.
(c) The sphinxes.
(d) The fates.
5. What type of creature is Chiron?
(a) A centaur.
(b) A nymph.
(c) A faun.
(d) A demi-god.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
2. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
3. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
4. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
5. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)