|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
2. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
3. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
4. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
(a) The Temple of Demetrius.
(b) The Temple of Apollo.
(c) The Garden of Eden.
(d) The home of Hades.
5. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) A magical key.
(b) A map of the underworld.
(c) A dark cloak.
(d) A password.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
3. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
4. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
5. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)