|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A coal.
(b) A stone.
(c) A flower.
(d) A feather.
2. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) The Fates.
(b) The Graces.
(d) The Mothers.
4. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
5. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
(b) The countryside.
(c) The cathedral.
(d) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
4. According to Mephistopheles, what must one possess to receive miracles?
5. What is the eldest of the fates?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)