|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A stone.
(b) A feather.
(c) A flower.
(d) A coal.
2. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) A dark cloak.
(b) A map of the underworld.
(c) A magical key.
(d) A password.
4. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
5. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
(c) The chancellor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
2. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
3. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
4. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
5. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)