|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The fool.
(b) His wiseman.
(c) The treasurer.
(d) The chancellor.
2. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
(a) In a meadow.
(b) In the busy grand dining hall.
(c) By the fountains in the gardens of the emperor.
(d) A dark corridor in the palace.
3. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. What is the eldest of the fates?
5. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
2. Why has the emperor requested Faust to conjure Helen and Paris?
3. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
4. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
5. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)