|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
3. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
(a) He is bored with Paris.
(b) He wants Helen for himself.
(c) He's trying to protect Paris from the men at court.
(d) Mephistopheles instructs him to.
4. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) Beautiful jewelry that is bewitched to change colors.
(b) Food and wine.
(c) Magical money that transforms when it is touched.
(d) Anvils and hammers to do work.
5. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) The Mothers.
(c) The Fates.
(d) The Graces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
2. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
3. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
4. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
5. What is the eldest of the fates?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)