|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
(a) He is unconscious.
(b) He has vanished with Paris and Helen.
(c) He is content and happily visiting with Mephistopheles.
(d) He is asleep.
2. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) Magical money that transforms when it is touched.
(b) Anvils and hammers to do work.
(c) Food and wine.
(d) Beautiful jewelry that is bewitched to change colors.
3. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
(a) He wants Helen for himself.
(b) He's trying to protect Paris from the men at court.
(c) Mephistopheles instructs him to.
(d) He is bored with Paris.
5. What is the eldest of the fates?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
3. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
4. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
5. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)