|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
(a) He has vanished with Paris and Helen.
(b) He is content and happily visiting with Mephistopheles.
(c) He is asleep.
(d) He is unconscious.
2. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
(a) They try to emulate her.
(b) They adore her.
(c) They are indifferent to her.
(d) They are jealous of her.
4. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The advisors and the soldiers.
(b) The common people and the clergy.
(c) The clergy and the knights.
(d) The soldiers and the clergy.
5. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
2. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
3. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
4. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
5. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)