|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A stone.
(b) A flower.
(c) A coal.
(d) A feather.
2. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
(a) A dimly illuminated Baronial Hall.
(b) A brightly lighted room.
(c) A beautiful pleasure garden.
(d) The setting is not disclosed.
3. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
(a) With gold he found buried in the kingdom.
(b) He paid them with jewels from the emperor's treasure chamber.
(c) He has not paid anyone in the empire.
(d) Through paper notes signed by the emperor.
4. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
3. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
4. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)