|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The treasurer.
(b) The fool.
(c) His wiseman.
(d) The chancellor.
2. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) The Fates.
(c) The Mothers.
(d) The Graces.
3. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
(a) Fairies of the field.
(d) The flowers.
4. What is the eldest of the fates?
5. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
(a) He finds the area just the way he remembers it, unchanging.
(b) He barely notices his surroundings.
(c) He finds everything dark and dreary.
(d) He finds the landscape to be paradise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
3. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
4. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
5. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)