|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) A dark cloak.
(b) A magical key.
(c) A map of the underworld.
(d) A password.
4. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) His wiseman.
(b) The fool.
(c) The chancellor.
(d) The treasurer.
5. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
2. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
3. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
4. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
5. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)