|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A headache.
(b) A frozen foot.
(c) A cramped hand.
(d) A sick stomach.
2. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
(a) The approach of dawn.
(b) The setting sun.
(c) The rising moon.
(d) A thunder storm.
3. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
(a) He wants Helen for himself.
(b) Mephistopheles instructs him to.
(c) He is bored with Paris.
(d) He's trying to protect Paris from the men at court.
4. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
5. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
(a) They try to emulate her.
(b) They are indifferent to her.
(c) They are jealous of her.
(d) They adore her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
2. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
3. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
4. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
5. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)