|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
(a) He is content and happily visiting with Mephistopheles.
(b) He is unconscious.
(c) He is asleep.
(d) He has vanished with Paris and Helen.
2. What is the eldest of the fates?
3. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
5. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
(b) Fairies of the field.
(c) The flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
2. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
3. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
4. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)