|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
(a) They are indifferent to him.
(b) They dislike him.
(c) They are jealous of him.
(d) They find him beautiful.
2. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He has vanished with Paris and Helen.
(c) He is unconscious.
(d) He is content and happily visiting with Mephistopheles.
3. Why has the emperor requested Faust to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) He hopes to woo Helen.
(b) He seeks amusement and wants to see their beauty.
(c) He hopes to have Paris lead his army.
(d) Mephistopheles suggested it to him.
4. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
(a) They try to emulate her.
(b) They are jealous of her.
(c) They are indifferent to her.
(d) They adore her.
5. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
(b) Day of the Kings.
(c) Winter Solstice.
(d) May Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
3. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
5. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)