|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
(b) May Day.
(c) Winter Solstice.
(d) Day of the Kings.
2. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The common people and the clergy.
(b) The advisors and the soldiers.
(c) The soldiers and the clergy.
(d) The clergy and the knights.
3. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
(a) At home in his study.
(b) A pleasing landscape.
(c) At the imperial court.
(d) In a quiet cottage.
4. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) Magical money that transforms when it is touched.
(b) Beautiful jewelry that is bewitched to change colors.
(c) Anvils and hammers to do work.
(d) Food and wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
2. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
3. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
4. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)