|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A stone.
(b) A feather.
(c) A coal.
(d) A flower.
2. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) The Fates.
(b) The Mothers.
(d) The Graces.
3. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
(a) He finds the landscape to be paradise.
(b) He barely notices his surroundings.
(c) He finds everything dark and dreary.
(d) He finds the area just the way he remembers it, unchanging.
4. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
(a) They find him beautiful.
(b) They dislike him.
(c) They are indifferent to him.
(d) They are jealous of him.
5. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
2. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What news does the marshal bring the emperor in the beginning of Scene 4 of Act I?
4. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
5. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)