|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
(a) They can't see her.
(b) They dislike her.
(c) They are indifferent to her.
(d) They find her very beautiful.
2. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The cathedral.
(b) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
(c) The countryside.
(d) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
3. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) A password.
(b) A magical key.
(c) A map of the underworld.
(d) A dark cloak.
4. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
(a) A pleasing landscape.
(b) At home in his study.
(c) At the imperial court.
(d) In a quiet cottage.
5. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mephistopheles, what must one possess to receive miracles?
2. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
3. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
4. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)