|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
(a) The setting is not disclosed.
(b) A brightly lighted room.
(c) A dimly illuminated Baronial Hall.
(d) A beautiful pleasure garden.
2. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A flower.
(b) A stone.
(c) A coal.
(d) A feather.
3. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
(b) The Chancellor.
(c) The Field Marshal.
(d) The Steward.
4. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
(a) He finds the area just the way he remembers it, unchanging.
(b) He finds the landscape to be paradise.
(c) He barely notices his surroundings.
(d) He finds everything dark and dreary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
2. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
3. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
4. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
5. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)