|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
(a) A dimly illuminated Baronial Hall.
(b) A brightly lighted room.
(c) A beautiful pleasure garden.
(d) The setting is not disclosed.
2. According to Mephistopheles, what must one possess to receive miracles?
(c) Good Luck.
(d) Divine blessing.
3. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
(a) They find him beautiful.
(b) They are indifferent to him.
(c) They are jealous of him.
(d) They dislike him.
4. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A stone.
(b) A feather.
(c) A coal.
(d) A flower.
5. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
2. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
3. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
5. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)