Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Havequick first want to plunder from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A steel-club.
(b) A large shield.
(c) The emperor's crown.
(d) A bag of coins.
2. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) As water.
(b) As a light in a bottle.
(c) As the reflection on a mirror.
(d) As a slightly darkened cloud.
3. What country is the setting of Scene 1 in Act III?
(d) The country is not given.
4. Where have Faust and Helen been staying in Scene 3 of Act III?
(a) On a ship belonging to Paris.
(b) In an elaborate palace.
(c) Some caves.
(d) In a cottage by the sea.
5. What help does Faust claim that the necromant is willing to offer the emperor?
(a) Advanced weaponry technology.
(b) Additional troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comments on the workings and power of love in Scene 7 of Act V?
2. What does Wagner believe the sound of the bell accompanying Mephistopheles in Act II signals?
3. Who does Faust claim sent him to the emperor?
4. What remains of Euphorion after his fall?
5. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)