|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen promptly return to the chorus after she leaves in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) She is lonely and quickly seeks company from the chorus.
(b) A messenger brings her word to return.
(c) She is frightened of a creature in the palace.
(d) She has forgotten her shawl, which she needs to enter the temple.
2. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
(a) Behind a curtain.
(b) In his scholarly robes on his bed.
(c) Under the desk.
(d) Outside under a tree.
3. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
(c) Molecular Biology.
4. What type of creature is Chiron?
(a) A nymph.
(b) A centaur.
(c) A demi-god.
(d) A faun.
5. What does the chorus cry as Euphorion falls?
(a) Woe unto Faust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who take Euphorion's clothing?
2. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
3. Who is Helen married to in Scene 1 of Act III?
4. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
5. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)