|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
(a) The homonculus.
2. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) The Graces.
(b) The Fates.
(c) The Mothers.
3. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A flower.
(b) A stone.
(c) A coal.
(d) A feather.
4. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
(a) He has vanished with Paris and Helen.
(b) He is asleep.
(c) He is content and happily visiting with Mephistopheles.
(d) He is unconscious.
5. According to Faust's dream, who is the mother of Helen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
2. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
4. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
5. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)