|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What help does Faust claim that the necromant is willing to offer the emperor?
(b) Advanced weaponry technology.
(d) Additional troops.
2. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
(b) The Graces.
(c) The Fates.
(d) The Mothers.
3. Why does the woman instruct the traveler to be silent upon entering the cottage in Act V?
(a) She is afraid her neighbors will know of the travelers arrival.
(b) Her baby is sleeping.
(c) Her husband is sleeping.
(d) She has a horrible headache.
4. Who is the ruler of the hiding place that Mephistopheles suggests to Helen?
5. What is the eldest of the fates?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Faust's lookout?
2. What does Helen ask Faust to teach her in Scene 2 of Act III?
3. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
4. Who arrives as Mephistopheles opens the ground to reveal hell in Scene 6 of Act V?
5. What event does Mephistopheles claim caused the creation of the mountains and valleys in Act IV?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)