|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the brother of Care?
2. According to Faust's dream, who is the mother of Helen?
3. What does the emperor give the Arch-Chamberlain in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A chicken.
(b) Some gold coins.
(c) A watch.
4. Who is specifically told to remain behind in his study rather than travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night?
5. How does the emperor respond when he sees Faust in Scene 2 of Act IV?
(a) He is fearful that Faust has come to seize the kingdom.
(b) He is overjoyed and happy.
(c) He does not recognize him.
(d) He is sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the group travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night in Scene 2 of Act II?
2. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
3. Why are three men upset at Mephistopheles in Scene 2 of Act V?
4. What event do Faust and Mephistopheles see taking place at the end of Scene 1 of Act IV?
5. How does Faust account for the formation of mountains and valleys in Act IV?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)