|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What remains of Euphorion after his fall?
(a) His money.
(b) A painting of his face.
(c) A small ring of flowers.
(d) His clothing.
2. Where does Faust land at the beginning of Act IV?
(a) In a river.
(b) In his castle in the north.
(c) Back in his study.
(d) On a mountain.
3. What sound does Faust hear in Scene 2 of Act V that angers him?
(a) Church bells ringing.
(b) The whistle of Mephistopheles.
(c) A trumpet of an approaching rival emperor.
(d) A lyre that reminds him of Euphorion.
4. What does the traveler ask about during his first meal at the cottage in Act V?
(a) He asks about the welfare of their children.
(b) He asks about the circulation of paper money.
(c) He asks about the recent civil war.
(d) He asks about the new land and empire of Faust.
5. What does the archbishop want the emperor to build on the land near the battlefield?
(a) A grand church.
(b) A triumphal arch.
(c) An edifice to the fallen soldiers.
(d) A new palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
2. According to Faust's dream, who is the mother of Helen?
3. What does Helen ask Faust to teach her in Scene 2 of Act III?
4. What new scheme does Faust describe to Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act V?
5. Who pardons Lynceus?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)