|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the traveler ask about during his first meal at the cottage in Act V?
(a) He asks about the welfare of their children.
(b) He asks about the recent civil war.
(c) He asks about the circulation of paper money.
(d) He asks about the new land and empire of Faust.
2. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
(a) The Ultimate Riddle.
(b) The Lost Seeker.
(c) The Old Iniquity.
3. How does the group travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night in Scene 2 of Act II?
(a) They travel through time and space to classical Greece.
(b) They all take sleeping draughts and travel in their dreams together.
(c) They appeal to the Mothers to make their journey.
(d) They physcially walk to Walpurgis Night.
4. What does the emperor give the Arch-Chamberlain in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(b) A watch.
(c) Some gold coins.
(d) A chicken.
5. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
(c) He decides to not take a form, but remain shapeless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
2. What is the setting of Scene 2 in Act V?
3. Who is not one of the four gray women who visit the palace in Scene 4 of Act V?
4. What does Maia steal from Poseidon?
5. What is the setting of Scene 7 of Act V?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)