|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
(a) A pleasing landscape.
(b) At the imperial court.
(c) In a quiet cottage.
(d) At home in his study.
2. How old is Faust at the beginning of Scene 2 in Act V?
(a) 100 years old.
(b) 50 years old.
(c) 78 years old.
(d) 112 years old.
3. What does Mephistopheles conjure in the battle to help the emperor in Act IV?
(b) A group of fighting centaurs.
(c) Sea Monsters and St. Elmo's fire.
(d) A hurricane.
4. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. Who does the archbishop accuse the emperor of being in league with in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(c) He makes no accusation towards the emperor.
(d) The rival emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Old Testament murder does Mephistopheles allude to at the end of Scene 2 in Act V?
2. What does the emperor sign at the end of Act IV?
3. What prohibits Speed-booty and Havequick from packing away a pile of gold on their backs?
4. Why are three men upset at Mephistopheles in Scene 2 of Act V?
5. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)