|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who greets the traveler at the cottage door in Act V?
2. How does the chorus describe Menelaus in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) As a hero.
(b) As a coward.
(c) As a villan.
(d) They do not mention Menelaus.
3. Who arrives to take Faust's soul from the devil in Scene 6 of Act V?
(a) A swarm of angels?
(b) A beam of light.
(c) Helen and Euphorion.
4. How does the traveler dies in Act V?
(a) He dies of a sickness he catches on his travels.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) Faust orders him to be hanged.
(d) He is killed by Mephistohpeles and his troop.
5. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act IV?
2. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
4. What is the setting of Scene 5 of Act V?
5. Why does Faust declare Lynceus's life forfeit?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)