|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
(a) The Agean Sea.
(b) Mount Olympus.
(c) The river Thebes.
(d) The underworld.
2. What reason does the homunculus tell Mephistopheles, to encourage him to take Faust to the classical Walpurgis Night?
(a) It is the only way for Mephistopheles to understand Faust.
(b) Otherwise Faust will die.
(c) He does not give a reason, but simply demands they go.
(d) The homunculus believes it will be amusing.
3. What time does Faust die?
(a) Eleven in the morning.
(b) The stroke of midnight.
(c) The first light of dawn.
(d) High noon.
4. Who comments on the workings and power of love in Scene 7 of Act V?
(a) A chorus of blessed boys.
(b) Fathers and Saints.
5. Which mythical group suggests that Faust seek out Chiron?
(a) The ogres.
(b) The sphinxes.
(c) The sirens.
(d) The fates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
2. What is promised to the blessed boys who died at birth in Scene 7 of Act V?
3. Which God, does Mephistopheles tell the creation myth of to the chorus in Act III?
4. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
5. What do the Lemurs do as they dig in Scene 5?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)