|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not a member of Faust's entourage that is mentioned in Scene 2 of Act III?
(a) His entourage is not described.
(c) A fool.
2. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
3. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The soldiers and the clergy.
(b) The common people and the clergy.
(c) The advisors and the soldiers.
(d) The clergy and the knights.
4. Who is specifically told to remain behind in his study rather than travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night?
5. What is the setting of Scene 5 of Act V?
(a) The sea shore.
(b) The forecourt of the palace.
(c) The remains of Philemon's cottage.
(d) The bedchamber of Faust.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the group travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night in Scene 2 of Act II?
2. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
3. Who is the ruler of the hiding place that Mephistopheles suggests to Helen?
4. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
5. In Act IV, what do the clouds eventually transform into in Scene 1?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)