|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
(d) Molecular Biology.
2. When Mephistopheles asks Faust what he desires in Scene 1 of Act IV, how does Faust respond?
(a) Faust tells Mephistopheles to guess his desires.
(b) Faust refuses to respond to Mephistopheles's question.
(c) Faust tells Mephistopheles he desires earthly powers.
(d) Faust claims he does not desire anything.
3. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
(a) They find her very beautiful.
(b) They dislike her.
(c) They can't see her.
(d) They are indifferent to her.
4. Who follows Mephistopheles and his torch in Scene 5 of Act V?
(b) Village people.
(d) His three angry henchmen.
5. How does the group travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night in Scene 2 of Act II?
(a) They travel through time and space to classical Greece.
(b) They physcially walk to Walpurgis Night.
(c) They all take sleeping draughts and travel in their dreams together.
(d) They appeal to the Mothers to make their journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maia steal from Zeus?
2. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What does the emperor give the Arch-Chamberlain in Scene 3 of Act IV?
4. What drink does the arch-cupbearer plan to give the emperor at the celebrations?
5. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)