|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
2. As the chorus insults Mephistopheles in Act III, what is their intention?
(a) They hope to scare him away.
(b) They hope to make him laugh.
(c) They hope he will lose his temper.
(d) They hope to learn his name.
3. What does Maia steal from Ares?
(a) His sword.
(b) His crown.
(c) His bow.
(d) His armor.
4. In Act IV, what do the clouds eventually transform into in Scene 1?
(a) They completely evaporate and are formless.
(b) The form of Gretchen.
(c) The form of a dove.
(d) The form of Euphorion.
5. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 7 of Act V?
2. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
3. How does Mephistopheles plan to take Faust's soul?
4. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
5. According to Mephistopheles, what must one possess to receive miracles?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)