|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
2. What does Care curse Faust with?
3. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He goes momentarily blind.
(c) His beard catches fire.
(d) He is attacked by a group of beggars.
4. What is Helen afraid of in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) She is afraid she will never again see Paris.
(b) She is afraid of being attacked by disgruntled servants.
(c) She is afraid of losing her beauty.
(d) She is afraid of being sacrificed by Menelaus.
5. How old is Faust at the beginning of Scene 2 in Act V?
(a) 50 years old.
(b) 112 years old.
(c) 100 years old.
(d) 78 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
2. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
3. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
4. Which mythical group suggests that Faust seek out Chiron?
5. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)