|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mephistopheles asks Faust what he desires in Scene 1 of Act IV, how does Faust respond?
(a) Faust tells Mephistopheles he desires earthly powers.
(b) Faust claims he does not desire anything.
(c) Faust refuses to respond to Mephistopheles's question.
(d) Faust tells Mephistopheles to guess his desires.
2. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
3. What does Mephistopheles tell Helen that frightens her in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) That she will quicly grow old and ugly.
(b) That her husband intends to sacrifice her.
(c) That the servants are planning on killing her.
(d) The he is going to eat her.
4. Who does the traveler seek in the beginning of Act V?
(b) A group of children.
(c) The emperor.
(d) An older couple.
5. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act IV, what do the clouds eventually transform into in Scene 1?
2. How does Faust account for the formation of mountains and valleys in Act IV?
3. How did Faust and his men reclaim the land from the sea?
4. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
5. What power does Mephistopheles first offer Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)