|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the ruler of the hiding place that Mephistopheles suggests to Helen?
2. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
(a) A phorkyad.
3. Why does the woman instruct the traveler to be silent upon entering the cottage in Act V?
(a) Her baby is sleeping.
(b) Her husband is sleeping.
(c) She has a horrible headache.
(d) She is afraid her neighbors will know of the travelers arrival.
4. What is the name of the son of Helen and Faust?
5. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
(a) The main square of Athens.
(b) The plains of Pharsalus.
(c) The temple of Athena.
(d) The setting is not given.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
2. Which Old Testament murder does Mephistopheles allude to at the end of Scene 2 in Act V?
3. Who is credited with drawing Faust upwards and cheating the devil.
4. What item does Speed-Booty first want to plunder from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
5. Who follows Mephistopheles and his torch in Scene 5 of Act V?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)