|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
2. What does Maia steal from Poseidon?
(a) His sword.
(b) His trident.
(c) His crown.
(d) His horse.
3. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
(a) Single females.
(b) Inexperienced youth.
(c) Men over thirty.
(d) All professors.
4. What sound does Faust hear in Scene 2 of Act V that angers him?
(a) Church bells ringing.
(b) A trumpet of an approaching rival emperor.
(c) The whistle of Mephistopheles.
(d) A lyre that reminds him of Euphorion.
5. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A frozen foot.
(b) A sick stomach.
(c) A cramped hand.
(d) A headache.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
2. Where does Mephistopheles suggest that Helen should hide at the end of Scene 1 of Act III?
3. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
4. Who is not one of the aides to Faust in Act IV?
5. What modern luxurious city does Mephistopheles describe to Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)