|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the ruler of the hiding place that Mephistopheles suggests to Helen?
2. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) The arrival of a flock of birds.
(b) The appearance of volcano.
(c) The fall of a meteor, which disrupts the landscape.
(d) The lunar eclipse that takes place.
3. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
(a) He wants to seek out Achilles.
(b) He is obsessed with finding Helen.
(c) He is upset at Mephistopholes.
(d) The homunculus suggests that he goes off on his own.
4. Who supposed to seal the royal documents in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) The emperor.
(b) The Chancery.
(c) The Arch-bishop.
5. What news does the marshal bring the emperor in the beginning of Scene 4 of Act I?
(a) He tells the emperor that all of his debts have been paid in full.
(b) He tells the emperor that the people have built a statue for him.
(c) He tells the emperor a civil war has broken out.
(d) He tells the emperor that the people are rioting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
3. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
4. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
5. What is the setting in the beginning of Act II?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)