|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
(b) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
(c) The cathedral.
(d) The countryside.
2. What does Mephistopheles conjure in the battle to help the emperor in Act IV?
(a) Sea Monsters and St. Elmo's fire.
(b) A hurricane.
(d) A group of fighting centaurs.
3. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The fool.
(b) His wiseman.
(c) The chancellor.
(d) The treasurer.
4. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
5. How does Faust account for the formation of mountains and valleys in Act IV?
(a) He does not know how they came to be.
(b) He thinks the mountains were created instantly, but the valleys shaped slowly over millenia.
(c) He thinks they were created in one grand event.
(d) He thinks they were created gradually over time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the emperor requested Faust to conjure Helen and Paris?
2. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
3. Why is the necromant of Sabine Norcia indebted to the emperor?
4. What sound does Faust hear in Scene 2 of Act V that angers him?
5. What does the landscape remind Mephistopheles of in Scene 1 of Act IV?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)