|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
(a) To remove the mask of Phorkyas and reveal himself.
(b) To write a letter to Menelaus.
(c) To weep for Helen.
(d) To sing a song in praise of Faust.
2. Why is Wagner successful in creating the homunculus in Scene II of Act II?
(a) He is not successful in creating the homunculus.
(b) He has several students assisting him.
(c) He uses a new procedure.
(d) He is aided by Mephistopheles.
3. Where does Faust and Helen flee to at the end of Scene 2 in Act III?
(b) Their place of refuge is not named.
4. What does Maia steal from Hephaestus?
5. What drink does the arch-cupbearer plan to give the emperor at the celebrations?
(a) A simple drink of water.
(b) A robust red wine.
(c) A clear Venetian glass.
(d) Grape juice in a golden goblet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maia steal from Poseidon?
2. Who is the ruler of the hiding place that Mephistopheles suggests to Helen?
3. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
4. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
5. What is the chorus doing at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)