|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is attempting to take the kingdom of the emperor in Act IV?
(c) A rival emperor.
2. What item does Speed-Booty first want to plunder from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A large platter.
(b) A carpet.
(c) A set of arrows.
(d) A ring.
3. When Faust decides to help the emperor, what does Mephistopheles turn him into?
(a) A calveryman.
(b) A savvy politician who can soothe the people.
(c) A skilled soldier.
(d) A general-in-chief with three aides.
4. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
5. In Act IV, what do the clouds eventually transform into in Scene 1?
(a) The form of Euphorion.
(b) They completely evaporate and are formless.
(c) The form of Gretchen.
(d) The form of a dove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
2. What does the emperor sign at the end of Act IV?
3. What does Mephistopheles promise the three men to soothe them in Scene 2 of Act V?
4. Where does Mephistopheles suggest that Helen should hide at the end of Scene 1 of Act III?
5. What does Maia steal from Poseidon?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)