|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
(a) A pleasing landscape.
(b) At home in his study.
(c) In a quiet cottage.
(d) At the imperial court.
2. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
(a) They can't see her.
(b) They are indifferent to her.
(c) They dislike her.
(d) They find her very beautiful.
3. Who tells Faust and Helen that Menelaus has arrived with his armies?
(a) No one tells Faust, he sees his approach.
4. In Act IV, what do the clouds eventually transform into in Scene 1?
(a) The form of Gretchen.
(b) They completely evaporate and are formless.
(c) The form of a dove.
(d) The form of Euphorion.
5. What does the traveler ask about during his first meal at the cottage in Act V?
(a) He asks about the circulation of paper money.
(b) He asks about the recent civil war.
(c) He asks about the new land and empire of Faust.
(d) He asks about the welfare of their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
2. What does the emperor give to the Arch-Marshal in Scene 3 of Act IV?
3. What event are the advisers of the emperor excited to plan in Scene 3 of Act IV?
4. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
5. How does the traveler dies in Act V?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)