|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
2. Who is not one of the aides to Faust in Act IV?
3. How does Mephistopheles plan to take Faust's soul?
(a) By coercing Faust to accompany him to hell.
(b) By summoning Faust's soul from his grave.
(c) By producting his contract.
(d) By ordering Faust's soul to follow him.
4. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
(a) Fairies of the field.
(b) The flowers.
5. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A sick stomach.
(b) A headache.
(c) A cramped hand.
(d) A frozen foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the chorus insults Mephistopheles in Act III, what is their intention?
2. Which God, does Mephistopheles tell the creation myth of to the chorus in Act III?
3. Just as Faust begins to tell Mephistopheles his true desires in Scene 1 of Act IV, what does Mephistopheles do?
4. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
5. What is the chorus doing at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)