|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
(b) The flowers.
(c) Fairies of the field.
3. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
(a) In the busy grand dining hall.
(b) By the fountains in the gardens of the emperor.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) A dark corridor in the palace.
5. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
2. Which mythical group suggests that Faust seek out Chiron?
3. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
4. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
5. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)