|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
2. What are the names of the two philosophers that the homunculus comes upon in Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) Heraclitus and Thales.
(b) Anaxagoras and Thales.
(c) Socrates and Plato.
(d) Anaxagoras and Xenophanes.
3. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
(a) Under the desk.
(b) In his scholarly robes on his bed.
(c) Outside under a tree.
(d) Behind a curtain.
4. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
5. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
(b) He decides to not take a form, but remain shapeless.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the group travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night in Scene 2 of Act II?
2. According to Mephistopheles, what must one possess to receive miracles?
3. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
4. Why is Wagner successful in creating the homunculus in Scene II of Act II?
5. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)