|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
2. Why has the emperor requested Faust to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) Mephistopheles suggested it to him.
(b) He hopes to woo Helen.
(c) He hopes to have Paris lead his army.
(d) He seeks amusement and wants to see their beauty.
3. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
(a) They dislike him.
(b) They are indifferent to him.
(c) They find him beautiful.
(d) They are jealous of him.
4. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) Food and wine.
(b) Magical money that transforms when it is touched.
(c) Anvils and hammers to do work.
(d) Beautiful jewelry that is bewitched to change colors.
5. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
2. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
3. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
5. Which mythical group suggests that Faust seek out Chiron?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)