|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
2. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
(b) The Ultimate Riddle.
(c) The Old Iniquity.
(d) The Lost Seeker.
4. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
(a) Behind a curtain.
(b) Under the desk.
(c) Outside under a tree.
(d) In his scholarly robes on his bed.
5. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
2. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
3. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
4. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
5. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)