|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the eldest of the fates?
2. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) As a slightly darkened cloud.
(b) As water.
(c) As a light in a bottle.
(d) As the reflection on a mirror.
3. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The Steward.
(b) The Field Marshal.
(d) The Chancellor.
4. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
(b) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
(c) The countryside.
(d) The cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
2. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
3. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
4. What is the job of Nereus?
5. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)