|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
2. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The cathedral.
(c) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
(d) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
3. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
4. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is unconscious.
(c) He has vanished with Paris and Helen.
(d) He is content and happily visiting with Mephistopheles.
5. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
(a) They can't see her.
(b) They dislike her.
(c) They find her very beautiful.
(d) They are indifferent to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
2. Which mythical group suggests that Faust seek out Chiron?
3. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
5. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)