|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) The Graces.
(c) The Mothers.
(d) The Fates.
2. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
3. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
4. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
(b) The position has not been filled.
5. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
2. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
3. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
4. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
5. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)