|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A coal.
(b) A stone.
(c) A feather.
(d) A flower.
2. According to the astrologer in Scene 2, what is the fairest star?
3. What is the setting of Scene 7 in Act I?
(a) The setting is not disclosed.
(b) A beautiful pleasure garden.
(c) A dimly illuminated Baronial Hall.
(d) A brightly lighted room.
4. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
(a) Mount Olympus.
(b) The Agean Sea.
(c) The underworld.
(d) The river Thebes.
5. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
(a) He finds the area just the way he remembers it, unchanging.
(b) He finds everything dark and dreary.
(c) He finds the landscape to be paradise.
(d) He barely notices his surroundings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
2. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
3. What type of creature is Chiron?
4. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
5. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)