|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the eldest of the fates?
2. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) As water.
(b) As a slightly darkened cloud.
(c) As the reflection on a mirror.
(d) As a light in a bottle.
3. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
4. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
(a) A bird.
(b) A sea horse.
(c) A dolphin.
(d) A whale.
5. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
(b) The homonculus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
3. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
4. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
5. What news does the marshal bring the emperor in the beginning of Scene 4 of Act I?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)