|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
2. What is the eldest of the fates?
3. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
(a) A dolphin.
(b) A whale.
(c) A sea horse.
(d) A bird.
4. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
5. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two philosophers that the homunculus comes upon in Scene 3 of Act II?
2. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
3. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
4. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
5. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)