|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
(a) At home in his study.
(b) At the imperial court.
(c) In a quiet cottage.
(d) A pleasing landscape.
2. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The common people and the clergy.
(b) The soldiers and the clergy.
(c) The clergy and the knights.
(d) The advisors and the soldiers.
3. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
(b) He decides to not take a form, but remain shapeless.
4. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
5. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
(a) He finds the landscape to be paradise.
(b) He finds the area just the way he remembers it, unchanging.
(c) He finds everything dark and dreary.
(d) He barely notices his surroundings.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faust's dream, who is the mother of Helen?
2. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
3. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
4. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
5. According to Mephistopheles, what must one possess to receive miracles?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)