|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of creature is Chiron?
(a) A centaur.
(b) A faun.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A demi-god.
2. According to Mephistopheles, what must one possess to receive miracles?
(a) Good Luck.
(b) Divine blessing.
3. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
(a) Mount Olympus.
(b) The underworld.
(c) The river Thebes.
(d) The Agean Sea.
4. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
5. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
(a) A sea horse.
(b) A whale.
(c) A dolphin.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
2. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
3. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
4. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)