|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the marshal bring the emperor in the beginning of Scene 4 of Act I?
(a) He tells the emperor that the people have built a statue for him.
(b) He tells the emperor that all of his debts have been paid in full.
(c) He tells the emperor a civil war has broken out.
(d) He tells the emperor that the people are rioting.
2. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
(a) They adore her.
(b) They try to emulate her.
(c) They are indifferent to her.
(d) They are jealous of her.
3. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
4. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
5. Who must Faust go to, in order to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) The Mothers.
(b) The Graces.
(c) The Fates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
3. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
4. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
5. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)