|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of creature is Chiron?
(a) A centaur.
(b) A faun.
(c) A nymph.
(d) A demi-god.
2. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
(a) A dolphin.
(b) A bird.
(c) A whale.
(d) A sea horse.
4. What instrument accompanies the garden girls in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
(b) The Ultimate Riddle.
(c) The Old Iniquity.
(d) The Lost Seeker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
2. What is the setting in the beginning of Act II?
3. Who is specifically told to remain behind in his study rather than travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night?
4. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
5. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)