|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
(b) Fairies of the field.
(c) The flowers.
2. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) A map of the underworld.
(b) A magical key.
(c) A dark cloak.
(d) A password.
3. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
(a) In his scholarly robes on his bed.
(b) Outside under a tree.
(c) Under the desk.
(d) Behind a curtain.
4. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
(a) They can't see her.
(b) They find her very beautiful.
(c) They dislike her.
(d) They are indifferent to her.
5. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
2. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
4. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
5. What news does the marshal bring the emperor in the beginning of Scene 4 of Act I?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)