|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
(a) Single females.
(b) Men over thirty.
(c) All professors.
(d) Inexperienced youth.
3. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
4. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
5. According to Mephistopheles, what must one possess to receive miracles?
(a) Divine blessing.
(d) Good Luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
2. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
3. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
4. What does Wagner believe the sound of the bell accompanying Mephistopheles in Act II signals?
5. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)