|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) He is attacked by a group of beggars.
(b) His beard catches fire.
(c) He goes momentarily blind.
(d) He falls asleep.
2. What does Faust distribute to the crowd in Scene 3 of Act I?
(a) Anvils and hammers to do work.
(b) Magical money that transforms when it is touched.
(c) Beautiful jewelry that is bewitched to change colors.
(d) Food and wine.
3. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
(a) He is content and happily visiting with Mephistopheles.
(b) He is asleep.
(c) He is unconscious.
(d) He has vanished with Paris and Helen.
4. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A flower.
(b) A stone.
(c) A coal.
(d) A feather.
5. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) The arrival of a flock of birds.
(b) The fall of a meteor, which disrupts the landscape.
(c) The appearance of volcano.
(d) The lunar eclipse that takes place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
3. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
4. What shape does Proteus take to transport the homunculus into the ocean on his back?
5. What is the eldest of the fates?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)