|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) A magical key.
(b) A dark cloak.
(c) A map of the underworld.
(d) A password.
2. What is the job of Nereus?
(a) He is the guardian of the sea.
(b) He is the servant of Neptune.
(c) His job is not given in the novel.
(d) He is the protector of ships.
3. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
(a) They adore her.
(b) They are jealous of her.
(c) They try to emulate her.
(d) They are indifferent to her.
4. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
(c) The cathedral.
(d) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
5. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
(b) Day of the Kings.
(c) May Day.
(d) Winter Solstice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
2. What is the setting in the beginning of Act II?
3. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
4. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
5. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)