|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
(a) The homonculus.
2. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A flower.
(b) A feather.
(c) A coal.
(d) A stone.
3. What is the job of Nereus?
(a) He is the servant of Neptune.
(b) He is the protector of ships.
(c) His job is not given in the novel.
(d) He is the guardian of the sea.
4. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
(a) The Agean Sea.
(b) The river Thebes.
(c) The underworld.
(d) Mount Olympus.
5. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
(a) The main square of Athens.
(b) The plains of Pharsalus.
(c) The setting is not given.
(d) The temple of Athena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
2. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
3. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
4. Who was an earlier student of Faust that now works as his assistant?
5. What does Wagner believe the sound of the bell accompanying Mephistopheles in Act II signals?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)