|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Maia the patron god of?
(a) Fishermen and sailors.
(c) Princes and Kings.
(d) Thieves and rascals.
2. Who is not a member of Faust's entourage that is mentioned in Scene 2 of Act III?
(a) A fool.
(d) His entourage is not described.
3. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
(a) The rising moon.
(b) The approach of dawn.
(c) The setting sun.
(d) A thunder storm.
4. Why has the emperor requested Faust to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) Mephistopheles suggested it to him.
(b) He seeks amusement and wants to see their beauty.
(c) He hopes to woo Helen.
(d) He hopes to have Paris lead his army.
5. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
(c) He decides to not take a form, but remain shapeless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What does Mephistopheles tell Helen that frightens her in Scene 1 of Act III?
3. Which mythical group suggests that Faust seek out Chiron?
4. Why does Faust declare Lynceus's life forfeit?
5. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)