|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
(a) In a quiet cottage.
(b) At the imperial court.
(c) At home in his study.
(d) A pleasing landscape.
2. What does Mephistopheles tell Helen that frightens her in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) That her husband intends to sacrifice her.
(b) The he is going to eat her.
(c) That she will quicly grow old and ugly.
(d) That the servants are planning on killing her.
3. Where does Helen go after the chorus tries to assuage her fears in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) She flees to Arcadia.
(b) Into the palace.
(c) She goes into Athena's temple.
(d) Into a grove of trees.
4. How does the chorus describe Menelaus in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) They do not mention Menelaus.
(b) As a hero.
(c) As a coward.
(d) As a villan.
5. What is the name of Faust's lookout?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the job of Nereus?
2. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
3. Why does Faust declare Lynceus's life forfeit?
4. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
5. What is the name of the leader of the chorus?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)