|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Maia the patron god of?
(a) Princes and Kings.
(b) Fishermen and sailors.
(c) Thieves and rascals.
2. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
(c) The homonculus.
3. How does the group travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night in Scene 2 of Act II?
(a) They physcially walk to Walpurgis Night.
(b) They all take sleeping draughts and travel in their dreams together.
(c) They appeal to the Mothers to make their journey.
(d) They travel through time and space to classical Greece.
4. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
(b) He decides to not take a form, but remain shapeless.
5. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
(a) They are indifferent to her.
(b) They dislike her.
(c) They can't see her.
(d) They find her very beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
2. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
3. Who is not a member of Faust's entourage that is mentioned in Scene 2 of Act III?
4. What is the job of Nereus?
5. What does Faust embrace as he is lifted into the sky at the end of Act III?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)