|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Faust's lookout?
2. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
3. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
(a) The rising moon.
(b) A thunder storm.
(c) The setting sun.
(d) The approach of dawn.
4. According to Faust's dream, who is the mother of Helen?
5. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
2. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
3. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
4. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
5. Who tells Faust and Helen that Menelaus has arrived with his armies?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)