|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Faust's lookout?
2. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
3. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) A dark cloak.
(b) A map of the underworld.
(c) A password.
(d) A magical key.
4. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
5. What does Maia steal from Hephaestus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
3. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
4. What are the names of the two philosophers that the homunculus comes upon in Scene 3 of Act II?
5. Who tells the emperor they are out of wine in Scene 2 of Act I?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)