|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
(a) The homunculus suggests that he goes off on his own.
(b) He wants to seek out Achilles.
(c) He is upset at Mephistopholes.
(d) He is obsessed with finding Helen.
2. What is the Maia the patron god of?
(a) Thieves and rascals.
(b) Princes and Kings.
(c) Fishermen and sailors.
3. What follows Mephistopheles and Helen as they flee at the end of Scene 1 in Act III?
(a) Several hopeful suitors for Helen.
(b) A group of phorkyads.
(d) A dark cloud.
4. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) As water.
(b) As the reflection on a mirror.
(c) As a light in a bottle.
(d) As a slightly darkened cloud.
5. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
(a) The river Thebes.
(b) The underworld.
(c) Mount Olympus.
(d) The Agean Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
2. Why does Faust try to dispel Paris in Scene 7 of Act I?
3. What country is the setting of Scene 1 in Act III?
4. What type of creature is Chiron?
5. What is Helen afraid of in Scene 1 of Act III?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)