|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the chorus doing at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
2. What does Maia steal from Poseidon?
(a) His crown.
(b) His horse.
(c) His trident.
(d) His sword.
3. Which is not a name of the graces mentioned in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. Why has the emperor requested Faust to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) He hopes to have Paris lead his army.
(b) He hopes to woo Helen.
(c) Mephistopheles suggested it to him.
(d) He seeks amusement and wants to see their beauty.
5. What does Faust embrace as he is lifted into the sky at the end of Act III?
(a) Helen's garments.
(b) His money.
(d) The leader of the chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
2. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
3. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
4. What does Maia steal from Zeus?
5. Who is Helen married to in Scene 1 of Act III?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)