|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. Why is Wagner successful in creating the homunculus in Scene II of Act II?
(a) He uses a new procedure.
(b) He is not successful in creating the homunculus.
(c) He has several students assisting him.
(d) He is aided by Mephistopheles.
3. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
(a) A phorkyad.
4. Who tells Faust and Helen that Menelaus has arrived with his armies?
(c) No one tells Faust, he sees his approach.
5. What does Maia steal from Zeus?
(a) His Thunderbolts.
(b) His crown.
(c) A statue.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
2. Who is the ruler of the hiding place that Mephistopheles suggests to Helen?
3. What are the names of the two philosophers that the homunculus comes upon in Scene 3 of Act II?
4. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
5. Which God, does Mephistopheles tell the creation myth of to the chorus in Act III?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)