|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Scene 4 in Act I?
(a) The city center and site of the Carnvial celebration.
(b) The cathedral.
(c) The pleasure gardens of the imperial court.
(d) The countryside.
2. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A sick stomach.
(b) A headache.
(c) A frozen foot.
(d) A cramped hand.
3. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The treasurer.
(b) His wiseman.
(c) The fool.
(d) The chancellor.
4. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
(b) The Lost Seeker.
(c) The Ultimate Riddle.
(d) The Old Iniquity.
5. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Paris?
(a) They dislike him.
(b) They are indifferent to him.
(c) They are jealous of him.
(d) They find him beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Faust and Helen flee to at the end of Scene 2 in Act III?
2. What does Mephistopheles cure the blonde woman of in Scene 6 of Act I?
3. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
4. How has Mephistopheles paid people in the empire in Act I?
5. What is Helen afraid of in Scene 1 of Act III?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)