|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What follows Mephistopheles and Helen as they flee at the end of Scene 1 in Act III?
(b) A group of phorkyads.
(c) A dark cloud.
(d) Several hopeful suitors for Helen.
2. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
3. As the chorus insults Mephistopheles in Act III, what is their intention?
(a) They hope to make him laugh.
(b) They hope he will lose his temper.
(c) They hope to learn his name.
(d) They hope to scare him away.
4. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
5. What type of creature is Chiron?
(a) A demi-god.
(b) A nymph.
(c) A centaur.
(d) A faun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the job of Nereus?
2. Where does Helen go after the chorus tries to assuage her fears in Scene 1 of Act III?
3. How does the group travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night in Scene 2 of Act II?
4. Who becomes the fool for the emperor in Scene 2 of Act I?
5. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)