|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What does Menelaus order Helen to do before he left her in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) Take a vow of silence.
(b) Bathe and robe herself.
(c) Prepare a sacrifical hearth.
(d) Prepare a feast for his return.
3. What is the job of Nereus?
(a) He is the guardian of the sea.
(b) He is the protector of ships.
(c) His job is not given in the novel.
(d) He is the servant of Neptune.
4. Who tells Faust and Helen that Menelaus has arrived with his armies?
(b) No one tells Faust, he sees his approach.
5. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The treasurer.
(b) His wiseman.
(c) The fool.
(d) The chancellor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Faust's lookout?
2. What does the chorus cry as Euphorion falls?
3. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
4. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
5. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)