|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) The fall of a meteor, which disrupts the landscape.
(b) The lunar eclipse that takes place.
(c) The appearance of volcano.
(d) The arrival of a flock of birds.
2. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
3. What ancient mythological figure does the Astrologer compare Faust with in Scene 7 of Act I?
4. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
5. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
(a) At the imperial court.
(b) At home in his study.
(c) A pleasing landscape.
(d) In a quiet cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
2. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
3. What are the names of the two philosophers that the homunculus comes upon in Scene 3 of Act II?
4. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
5. Who take Euphorion's clothing?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)