|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The clergy and the knights.
(b) The advisors and the soldiers.
(c) The common people and the clergy.
(d) The soldiers and the clergy.
2. As the chorus insults Mephistopheles in Act III, what is their intention?
(a) They hope to learn his name.
(b) They hope to make him laugh.
(c) They hope to scare him away.
(d) They hope he will lose his temper.
3. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
(b) The position has not been filled.
4. Who is the ruler of the hiding place that Mephistopheles suggests to Helen?
5. What is the name of Faust's lookout?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the god of wealth that Faust dresses as in Scene 3 of Act I?
2. What is the chorus doing at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
3. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
4. Who is specifically told to remain behind in his study rather than travel with the homunculus to Walpurgis Night?
5. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)