|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the emperor requested Faust to conjure Helen and Paris?
(a) He seeks amusement and wants to see their beauty.
(b) He hopes to woo Helen.
(c) Mephistopheles suggested it to him.
(d) He hopes to have Paris lead his army.
2. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
3. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
(d) Molecular Biology.
4. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
5. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
(a) The Garden of Eden.
(b) The Temple of Apollo.
(c) The Temple of Demetrius.
(d) The home of Hades.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mephistopheles give Faust to help him on his journey to conjure Helen and Paris?
2. Who is Helen married to in Scene 1 of Act III?
3. What is the Maia the patron god of?
4. What instrument accompanies the gardeners in Scene 3 of Act I?
5. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)