|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helen afraid of in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) She is afraid of being sacrificed by Menelaus.
(b) She is afraid of losing her beauty.
(c) She is afraid she will never again see Paris.
(d) She is afraid of being attacked by disgruntled servants.
2. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
(a) To sing a song in praise of Faust.
(b) To remove the mask of Phorkyas and reveal himself.
(c) To weep for Helen.
(d) To write a letter to Menelaus.
3. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
4. What is the state of Faust at the end of Act I?
(a) He is asleep.
(b) He is unconscious.
(c) He is content and happily visiting with Mephistopheles.
(d) He has vanished with Paris and Helen.
5. According to Mephistopheles, what must one possess to receive miracles?
(a) Good Luck.
(c) Divine blessing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
2. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
3. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
4. What type of creature is Chiron?
5. What remains of Euphorion after his fall?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)