|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the shape-shifting god of forms, who homunculus is advised to seek out in the end of Scene 3 in Act II?
2. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
(a) He barely notices his surroundings.
(b) He finds the landscape to be paradise.
(c) He finds everything dark and dreary.
(d) He finds the area just the way he remembers it, unchanging.
3. What is the setting in the beginning of Act II?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(b) A pleasing countryside.
(c) The imperial court.
(d) Faust's study.
4. What holiday is the court preparing to celebrate in Act I?
(a) Day of the Kings.
(c) May Day.
(d) Winter Solstice.
5. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
(a) Behind a curtain.
(b) Under the desk.
(c) In his scholarly robes on his bed.
(d) Outside under a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
2. What reason does the homunculus tell Mephistopheles, to encourage him to take Faust to the classical Walpurgis Night?
3. Why does Helen promptly return to the chorus after she leaves in Scene 1 of Act III?
4. What is the chorus doing at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
5. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)