|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Faust desirous to leave the group when the first arrive at Walpurgis Night in Act II?
(a) He is obsessed with finding Helen.
(b) He wants to seek out Achilles.
(c) The homunculus suggests that he goes off on his own.
(d) He is upset at Mephistopholes.
2. What is the name of Faust's lookout?
3. Who tells Faust and Helen that Menelaus has arrived with his armies?
(b) No one tells Faust, he sees his approach.
4. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
5. Where does Faust meet Mephistopheles in Scene 5 of Act I?
(a) A dark corridor in the palace.
(b) By the fountains in the gardens of the emperor.
(c) In the busy grand dining hall.
(d) In a meadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mephistopheles' final action in Act III?
2. What does Maia steal from Hephaestus?
3. What does Phoebe's wheels symbolize in Act I, Scene 1?
4. When Faust awakens in Act I, what are his impressions of his surroundings?
5. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)