|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maia steal from Ares?
(a) His crown.
(b) His bow.
(c) His sword.
(d) His armor.
2. In what setting does Faust seek sleep in Act I?
(a) In a quiet cottage.
(b) A pleasing landscape.
(c) At the imperial court.
(d) At home in his study.
3. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
(a) The Garden of Eden.
(b) The Temple of Demetrius.
(c) The Temple of Apollo.
(d) The home of Hades.
4. What does Faust embrace as he is lifted into the sky at the end of Act III?
(b) The leader of the chorus.
(c) Helen's garments.
(d) His money.
5. Who tells Faust and Helen that Menelaus has arrived with his armies?
(a) No one tells Faust, he sees his approach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
2. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
3. Which figure guides the living Colossus in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. Who is the ruler of the hiding place that Mephistopheles suggests to Helen?
5. Where have Faust and Helen been staying in Scene 3 of Act III?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)