|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
(a) The chancellor.
(b) The treasurer.
(c) The fool.
(d) His wiseman.
2. What is the eldest of the fates?
3. How does the homunculus appear in the beginning of Scene 3 of Act II?
(a) As water.
(b) As a slightly darkened cloud.
(c) As the reflection on a mirror.
(d) As a light in a bottle.
4. How does the chorus describe Menelaus in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) As a coward.
(b) As a villan.
(c) As a hero.
(d) They do not mention Menelaus.
5. What does Mephistopheles tell Helen that frightens her in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) That she will quicly grow old and ugly.
(b) The he is going to eat her.
(c) That the servants are planning on killing her.
(d) That her husband intends to sacrifice her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Helen married to in Scene 1 of Act III?
2. What does Maia steal from Zeus?
3. What does Mephistopheles introduce himself as to the Sphinxes and sirens?
4. Which God, does Mephistopheles tell the creation myth of to the chorus in Act III?
5. Who sings a song of rejuvenation to Faust?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)