|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
2. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
3. What token does Mephistopheles give Lady to help her regain the affection of her lover in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A feather.
(b) A coal.
(c) A stone.
(d) A flower.
4. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
(a) The setting is not given.
(b) The temple of Athena.
(c) The main square of Athens.
(d) The plains of Pharsalus.
5. Where does Mephistopheles suggest that Helen should hide at the end of Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) A castle in the North.
(b) In the temple of Zeus.
(c) The underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opinion of the women of the court of Helen?
2. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
3. What two "orders" support the throne, according to the Chancellor in Scene 2 of Act I?
4. What are the female vampires called who Mephistopheles meets in Act II?
5. What type of creature is Chiron?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)