|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Helen married to in Scene 1 of Act III?
2. What does Maia steal from Poseidon?
(a) His crown.
(b) His trident.
(c) His horse.
(d) His sword.
3. What is the name of the son of Helen and Faust?
4. What does Maia steal from Hephaestus?
5. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A cramped hand.
(b) A frozen foot.
(c) A headache.
(d) A sick stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What remains of Euphorion after his fall?
2. Who does the Emperor ask to see in the beginning of Scene 2 of Act I?
3. Why is Wagner successful in creating the homunculus in Scene II of Act II?
4. What does Mephistopheles tell Helen that frightens her in Scene 1 of Act III?
5. Why has the emperor requested Faust to conjure Helen and Paris?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)