|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country is the setting of Scene 1 in Act III?
(a) The country is not given.
2. What does the chorus cry as Euphorion falls?
(d) Woe unto Faust.
3. What is the opinion of the men of court of Helen?
(a) They dislike her.
(b) They can't see her.
(c) They find her very beautiful.
(d) They are indifferent to her.
4. What is the name of Faust's lookout?
5. What ailment of the Brunette does Mephistopheles cure in Scene 6 of Act I?
(a) A sick stomach.
(b) A frozen foot.
(c) A headache.
(d) A cramped hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wagner believe the sound of the bell accompanying Mephistopheles in Act II signals?
2. What does the chorus ask Mephistopheles at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
3. What happens when the emperor attempts to examine the treasure chest Faust has brought him in Scene 3 of Act I?
4. What does Maia steal from Poseidon?
5. What is the name of the leader of the chorus?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)