|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What authority does the archbishop demand from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) The power to release prisoners of war.
(b) The power to knight soldiers.
(c) The power to grant asylum to refuges.
(d) The power to collect taxes on his territory.
2. What does Maia steal from Hephaestus?
3. What does Helen ask Faust to teach her in Scene 2 of Act III?
(a) To dance.
(b) To sing.
(c) To play a lute.
(d) To speak in rhyme.
4. What event do Faust and Mephistopheles see taking place at the end of Scene 1 of Act IV?
(a) They witness a battle taking place in the emporer's kingdom.
(b) They wintess a procession of women to a ritual sacrifice.
(c) The witness the rape of Leda.
(d) The witness a shooting star.
5. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faust account for the formation of mountains and valleys in Act IV?
2. What item does Speed-Booty first want to plunder from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
3. Who does the archbishop accuse the emperor of being in league with in Scene 3 of Act IV?
4. What is the setting in the beginning of Act II?
5. Who is not one of the aides to Faust in Act IV?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)