|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What follows Mephistopheles and Helen as they flee at the end of Scene 1 in Act III?
(b) A group of phorkyads.
(c) Several hopeful suitors for Helen.
(d) A dark cloud.
2. Where have Faust and Helen been staying in Scene 3 of Act III?
(a) In an elaborate palace.
(b) In a cottage by the sea.
(c) On a ship belonging to Paris.
(d) Some caves.
3. What type of creature is Chiron?
(a) A demi-god.
(b) A faun.
(c) A centaur.
(d) A nymph.
4. What does the chorus cry as Euphorion falls?
(d) Woe unto Faust.
5. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
(a) Inexperienced youth.
(b) All professors.
(c) Men over thirty.
(d) Single females.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who responds to Mephistopheles ringing the bell in Act II?
2. What does the archbishop want the emperor to build on the land near the battlefield?
3. Who pardons Lynceus?
4. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
5. What modern luxurious city does Mephistopheles describe to Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)