|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization does the archbishop make about the emperor's tactics in battle?
(a) That the emperor used spies in the battle.
(b) That the emperor has used magic to win the battle.
(c) That the emperor bribed opposing troops.
(d) He knows nothing about the emperor's tactics.
2. What remains of Euphorion after his fall?
(a) His money.
(b) A painting of his face.
(c) A small ring of flowers.
(d) His clothing.
3. What event are the advisers of the emperor excited to plan in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A masked ball.
(b) A triumphant parade.
(c) A trial for the prisoners of war.
(d) A victory banquet.
4. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
(a) Under the desk.
(b) Outside under a tree.
(c) In his scholarly robes on his bed.
(d) Behind a curtain.
5. What is the Maia the patron god of?
(a) Princes and Kings.
(b) Thieves and rascals.
(c) Fishermen and sailors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
2. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act IV?
3. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
4. What does Faust embrace as he is lifted into the sky at the end of Act III?
5. What item does Speed-Booty first want to plunder from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)