|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act IV, what is the outlook of the emperor in regards to his kingdom?
(a) He fears it will be conquered by another rival.
(b) He is hopeful it will prosper.
(c) He thinks things wil go back to how they were before the war.
(d) He fears it will be ruined by extortion of the church.
2. Who supposed to seal the royal documents in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) The emperor.
(b) The Arch-bishop.
(c) The Chancery.
3. What does Maia steal from Ares?
(a) His armor.
(b) His sword.
(c) His crown.
(d) His bow.
4. What does the landscape remind Mephistopheles of in Scene 1 of Act IV?
(a) Classical Greece.
(d) His home, hell.
5. In the beginning of Act IV, what form do the clouds take on first?
(a) The form of Leda and Helen.
(b) The form of Faust.
(c) The form of Zeus and Ares.
(d) The image of Mephisotpheles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faust declare Lynceus's life forfeit?
2. What is the chorus doing at the beginning of Scene 3 in Act III?
3. What power does Mephistopheles first offer Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
4. How does the chorus describe Menelaus in Scene 1 of Act III?
5. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)