|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
2. What is the Maia the patron god of?
(a) Fishermen and sailors.
(c) Thieves and rascals.
(d) Princes and Kings.
3. As the chorus insults Mephistopheles in Act III, what is their intention?
(a) They hope to scare him away.
(b) They hope he will lose his temper.
(c) They hope to make him laugh.
(d) They hope to learn his name.
4. What is the name of the prophetess that Chiron takes Faust to in Act II?
5. What item does Speed-Booty first want to plunder from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A carpet.
(b) A set of arrows.
(c) A large platter.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which God, does Mephistopheles tell the creation myth of to the chorus in Act III?
2. Who does the archbishop accuse the emperor of being in league with in Scene 3 of Act IV?
3. How does the emperor respond when he sees Faust in Scene 2 of Act IV?
4. What does the emperor sign at the end of Act IV?
5. What does Helen ask Faust to teach her in Scene 2 of Act III?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)