|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the chorus insults Mephistopheles in Act III, what is their intention?
(a) They hope to scare him away.
(b) They hope to learn his name.
(c) They hope to make him laugh.
(d) They hope he will lose his temper.
2. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
(c) A phorkyad.
3. Who first discovers Speed-booty and Havequick trying to plunder the emperor's things?
(c) The arch-marshal.
4. What does the emperor give the Arch-Chamberlain in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A chicken.
(b) Some gold coins.
(c) A watch.
5. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
(c) The position has not been filled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
2. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
3. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
4. Which famous figure did Chiron tutor?
5. Who is Helen married to in Scene 1 of Act III?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)