|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What help does Faust claim that the necromant is willing to offer the emperor?
(c) Advanced weaponry technology.
(d) Additional troops.
2. What realization does the archbishop make about the emperor's tactics in battle?
(a) That the emperor bribed opposing troops.
(b) He knows nothing about the emperor's tactics.
(c) That the emperor has used magic to win the battle.
(d) That the emperor used spies in the battle.
3. Which despicable and noxious creatures does Mephistopheles eventually find as the true embodiment of ugliness in Act II?
4. What form does the homunculus decide to take at the end of Act II?
(a) He decides to not take a form, but remain shapeless.
5. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
(a) The position has not been filled.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the chorus insults Mephistopheles in Act III, what is their intention?
2. What does Faust embrace as he is lifted into the sky at the end of Act III?
3. Where does Mephistopheles place Faust at the beginning of Act II?
4. What drink does the arch-cupbearer plan to give the emperor at the celebrations?
5. Why does Faust declare Lynceus's life forfeit?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)