|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization does the archbishop make about the emperor's tactics in battle?
(a) That the emperor bribed opposing troops.
(b) He knows nothing about the emperor's tactics.
(c) That the emperor used spies in the battle.
(d) That the emperor has used magic to win the battle.
2. What authority does the archbishop demand from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) The power to grant asylum to refuges.
(b) The power to collect taxes on his territory.
(c) The power to knight soldiers.
(d) The power to release prisoners of war.
3. What country is the setting of Scene 1 in Act III?
(b) The country is not given.
4. What power does Mephistopheles first offer Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
(a) Power over all nations.
(b) Power over the ocean.
(c) All the riches of the land.
(d) A harem of women.
5. What does the emperor give to the Arch-Marshal in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A bride.
(b) A new castle.
(c) A new horse.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event do Faust and Mephistopheles see taking place at the end of Scene 1 of Act IV?
2. How does Faust account for the formation of mountains and valleys in Act IV?
3. What drink does the arch-cupbearer plan to give the emperor at the celebrations?
4. What is the name of the daughter of Nereus, who is expected to return to the sea in Act II?
5. What science is Wagner practicing in the laboratory when Mephistopheles comes upon him in Scene 2 of Act II?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)