|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Faust account for the formation of mountains and valleys in Act IV?
(a) He thinks they were created in one grand event.
(b) He does not know how they came to be.
(c) He thinks the mountains were created instantly, but the valleys shaped slowly over millenia.
(d) He thinks they were created gradually over time.
2. Who does the archbishop accuse the emperor of being in league with in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(c) The rival emperor.
(d) He makes no accusation towards the emperor.
3. What is the job of Nereus?
(a) His job is not given in the novel.
(b) He is the guardian of the sea.
(c) He is the protector of ships.
(d) He is the servant of Neptune.
4. What remains of Euphorion after his fall?
(a) A small ring of flowers.
(b) His money.
(c) A painting of his face.
(d) His clothing.
5. Who does Mephistopheles disguise himself as in Act III?
(c) A phorkyad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maia steal from Poseidon?
2. Who first discovers Speed-booty and Havequick trying to plunder the emperor's things?
3. Which mythical group suggests that Faust seek out Chiron?
4. Who pardons Lynceus?
5. What must Faust descend through to read the location given by the prophetess in Act II?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)