|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the emperor give to the Arch-Marshal in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A bride.
(b) A new castle.
(c) A new horse.
(d) A sword.
2. What is the name of Faust's lookout?
3. In Act IV, what do the clouds eventually transform into in Scene 1?
(a) The form of Gretchen.
(b) The form of a dove.
(c) The form of Euphorion.
(d) They completely evaporate and are formless.
4. Which mythical group suggests that Faust seek out Chiron?
(a) The sirens.
(b) The ogres.
(c) The sphinxes.
(d) The fates.
5. What does the emperor sign at the end of Act IV?
(a) A contract with the archbishop.
(b) A treaty with the rival emperor.
(c) A deed of the land to Faust.
(d) A proclamation declaring the festivities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Speed-Booty first want to plunder from the emperor in Scene 3 of Act IV?
2. Where does Faust land at the beginning of Act IV?
3. When Faust decides to help the emperor, what does Mephistopheles turn him into?
4. Who take Euphorion's clothing?
5. What modern luxurious city does Mephistopheles describe to Faust in Scene 1 of Act IV?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)