|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the necromant of Sabine Norcia indebted to the emperor?
(a) The emperor pardoned him from being burned years ago.
(b) The emperor gave him a parcel of land.
(c) He is the son of the emperor.
(d) The emperor has lent him a large sum of money.
2. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
(a) The plains of Pharsalus.
(b) The setting is not given.
(c) The temple of Athena.
(d) The main square of Athens.
3. What remains of Euphorion after his fall?
(a) A small ring of flowers.
(b) A painting of his face.
(c) His money.
(d) His clothing.
4. Who is the queen of the dead as featured in Act II?
5. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the job of Nereus?
2. What event do Faust and Mephistopheles see taking place at the end of Scene 1 of Act IV?
3. What does Helen ask Faust to teach her in Scene 2 of Act III?
4. What does Maia steal from Ares?
5. Who gives the prologue to Scene 3 in Act II?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)