|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maia steal from Poseidon?
(a) His crown.
(b) His horse.
(c) His sword.
(d) His trident.
2. What is the name of the son of Helen and Faust?
3. What does Menelaus order Helen to do before he left her in Scene 1 of Act III?
(a) Prepare a sacrifical hearth.
(b) Take a vow of silence.
(c) Prepare a feast for his return.
(d) Bathe and robe herself.
4. What event are the advisers of the emperor excited to plan in Scene 3 of Act IV?
(a) A victory banquet.
(b) A masked ball.
(c) A trial for the prisoners of war.
(d) A triumphant parade.
5. As the chorus insults Mephistopheles in Act III, what is their intention?
(a) They hope to learn his name.
(b) They hope to make him laugh.
(c) They hope to scare him away.
(d) They hope he will lose his temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
2. What remains of Euphorion after his fall?
3. What event prompts Anaxagoras to believe he won the philosophical debate in Scene 3 of Act II?
4. Where does Faust and Helen flee to at the end of Scene 2 in Act III?
5. Which God, does Mephistopheles tell the creation myth of to the chorus in Act III?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)