|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have Faust and Helen been staying in Scene 3 of Act III?
(a) On a ship belonging to Paris.
(b) In an elaborate palace.
(c) Some caves.
(d) In a cottage by the sea.
2. When Faust decides to help the emperor, what does Mephistopheles turn him into?
(a) A savvy politician who can soothe the people.
(b) A calveryman.
(c) A general-in-chief with three aides.
(d) A skilled soldier.
3. Which group of people does Baccalaureus feel should be shot?
(a) All professors.
(b) Men over thirty.
(c) Inexperienced youth.
(d) Single females.
4. What does Helen ask Faust to teach her in Scene 2 of Act III?
(a) To dance.
(b) To play a lute.
(c) To speak in rhyme.
(d) To sing.
5. Who is attempting to take the kingdom of the emperor in Act IV?
(d) A rival emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first discovers Speed-booty and Havequick trying to plunder the emperor's things?
2. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act IV?
3. Who is not a member of Faust's entourage that is mentioned in Scene 2 of Act III?
4. What does the emperor give to the Arch-Marshal in Scene 3 of Act IV?
5. What does the archbishop want the emperor to build on the land near the battlefield?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)