|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Faust and Helen that Menelaus has arrived with his armies?
(b) No one tells Faust, he sees his approach.
2. Where does Faust land at the beginning of Act IV?
(a) In his castle in the north.
(b) In a river.
(c) On a mountain.
(d) Back in his study.
3. At the end of Act IV, what is the outlook of the emperor in regards to his kingdom?
(a) He thinks things wil go back to how they were before the war.
(b) He fears it will be ruined by extortion of the church.
(c) He is hopeful it will prosper.
(d) He fears it will be conquered by another rival.
4. Who does Faust claim sent him to the emperor?
(a) He does not say who sent him.
(b) He claims he was sent by Zeus.
(c) He claims he was sent by a wizard.
(d) He claims he was sent by the rival emperor.
5. What is the setting of Scene 3 in Act II?
(a) The setting is not given.
(b) The temple of Athena.
(c) The main square of Athens.
(d) The plains of Pharsalus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the emperor sign at the end of Act IV?
2. What is the name of Faust's lookout?
3. Where does the prophetess instruct Faust to look for Helen in Act iI?
4. Who is the first mind that is read by the homunculus?
5. What is the name of the leader of the chorus?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)