|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Faust and Helen flee to at the end of Scene 2 in Act III?
(a) Their place of refuge is not named.
2. Who is not one of the aides to Faust in Act IV?
3. Who has replaced Faust in his position at the University in Act II?
(d) The position has not been filled.
4. Who is not a member of Faust's entourage that is mentioned in Scene 2 of Act III?
(b) His entourage is not described.
(c) A fool.
5. What remains of Euphorion after his fall?
(a) His money.
(b) His clothing.
(c) A small ring of flowers.
(d) A painting of his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event are the advisers of the emperor excited to plan in Scene 3 of Act IV?
2. Just as Faust begins to tell Mephistopheles his true desires in Scene 1 of Act IV, what does Mephistopheles do?
3. What drink does the arch-cupbearer plan to give the emperor at the celebrations?
4. According to Faust's dream, who is the father of Helen?
5. As the chorus insults Mephistopheles in Act III, what is their intention?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)