|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Xavier think it is easy to live one's life?
(a) In ignorance of development.
(b) In ignorance of the past.
(c) In ignorance of human rights.
(d) In ignorance of the state.
2. Where does Xavier hide the key to the Swiss account?
(a) In his desk drawer.
(b) In a safe.
(c) In a cistern.
(d) In the plant pot.
3. What does Krebs use as an interrogator's prop?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A bright lamp.
4. What colour is the bag Xavier takes from the airport?
5. Which stock is falling after the news of detente?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on top of Charlie's lavatory?
2. What does Xavier give the railway worker?
3. What is Globus carrying when he takes over the interrogation?
4. What is the subject of Xavier's childhood dream?
5. What does Xavier shout out to Globus as he is being tortured?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nebe consider Xavier an irony?
2. Why does Xavier's passport confuse the customs official?
3. Why does Pili work with the Gestapo?
4. Why does Henry not think that Luther will be granted asylum?
5. Why does Nebe allow Xavier to go to Switzerland?
6. Why do you think Xavier chooses to visit Pili?
7. Why is Xavier complimentary of Globus on the phone?
8. What is notable about the ransacked pile of items in Xavier's apartment?
9. Who does Xavier think of as he waits to leave Switzerland?
10. How do Xavier, Charlie and Henry try to avoid being overheard?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)