|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Xavier at Columbia House?
(a) His son.
2. What drink is offered on the return flight to Berlin?
3. What does Xavier buy Charlie?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A dress.
(c) A mug.
(d) A box of chocolates.
4. What is the registrar's secret?
(a) An illicit affair.
(d) She's not German.
5. What does Xavier shout out to Globus as he is being tortured?
(a) The names of the conspirators.
(b) The names of his family.
(c) Charlie's name.
(d) The names of the death-camps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sits next to Xavier on the plane?
2. Who is responsible for arranging Xavier's freedom?
3. What does Krebs give Xavier?
4. On which side of the Zurich See have the bankers settled on?
5. What is playing on the radio after Henry arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is notable about the ransacked pile of items in Xavier's apartment?
2. What do Xavier and Charlie discover in Luther's doctor's bag?
3. Why does Nebe consider Xavier an irony?
4. What do Xavier and Charlie find in the deposit box?
5. Why is Krebs shocked by Xavier's revelations?
6. How does Xavier react to Charlie having followed him?
7. How do Xavier, Charlie and Henry try to avoid being overheard?
8. State one way in which Xavier tries to block the pain of being tortured.
9. Who does Xavier think of as he waits to leave Switzerland?
10. What happens when Xavier is transferred to Columbia House?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)