|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the blood-red sausages remind Xavier of?
(a) The corpse's hand.
(b) Globus' fingers.
(c) Stuckart's corpse.
(d) His nightmares.
2. What colour is Zaugg's hair?
3. What is on top of Charlie's lavatory?
(a) Tape recorder.
(b) A vase.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pair of pistols.
4. What was the name of Charlie's father?
5. What is 'Zyklon B'?
(a) Crystallised hydrogen cyanide.
(b) Hydrogen peroxide.
(c) An anthrax compound.
(d) Carbon monoxide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Xavier buy Charlie?
2. Which department did Kritzinger work for?
3. What does Pili ask Xavier to read from?
4. Which newspaper does Charlie want to print the story in?
5. Who sits next to Xavier on the plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Krebs shocked by Xavier's revelations?
2. Why does Nebe allow Xavier to go to Switzerland?
3. What is notable about the ransacked pile of items in Xavier's apartment?
4. Why does Xavier not tell Nebe of the painting in Zurich?
5. Why does Xavier's passport confuse the customs official?
6. What happens when after Luther appears?
7. Why did Xavier withdraw all his money from the bank?
8. Why does Nebe consider Xavier an irony?
9. What do Xavier and Charlie find in the deposit box?
10. State one way in which Xavier tries to block the pain of being tortured.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)