|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Martin Luther open the account with Zaugg?
(a) June 1942.
(b) July 1942.
(c) August 1942.
(d) May 1942.
2. Which newspaper does Charlie want to print the story in?
(a) The Washington Times.
(b) The Herald Tribune.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Chicago Post.
3. Where are the archives of the General Government located?
4. Which is the smallest Jewish community mentioned?
5. What do the blood-red sausages remind Xavier of?
(a) His nightmares.
(b) The corpse's hand.
(c) Globus' fingers.
(d) Stuckart's corpse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pili ask Xavier to read from?
2. Who is the money for that Xavier gives Max?
3. Which department did Kritzinger work for?
4. What is the subject of the Fuhrer's speech when Xavier and Charlie leave her apartment?
5. What is on the walls of Xavier's cell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Xavier and Charlie find in the deposit box?
2. What is Luther's plan?
3. Why do you think Xavier chooses to visit Pili?
4. Why does Nebe consider Xavier an irony?
5. What happens when Xavier is transferred to Columbia House?
6. What is notable about the ransacked pile of items in Xavier's apartment?
7. Why does Pili work with the Gestapo?
8. Why does Nebe allow Xavier to go to Switzerland?
9. What happens when after Luther appears?
10. How does Xavier react to Charlie having followed him?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)