|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Xavier take his son out for the day?
(a) To the zoo.
(b) A tour bus.
(c) To play footbal.
(d) To a museum.
2. What is inside the parcel?
(b) A manuscript.
(c) A box of chocolates.
(d) A letter-bomb.
3. How was Buhler's death reported in the newspaper?
(a) Bathing accident.
(d) Car accident.
4. What was Buhler's main task as State Secretary?
(b) Welcoming foreign diplomats.
(d) Act as a figurehead.
5. How many filing cabinets are in Xavier's office?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Buhler lose his foot?
2. What does Xavier find by the jetty?
3. Why did Buhler have no children?
4. What does Luther suffer from?
5. What had Charlie Maguire heard coming from the elevator shaft when she had visited Stuckart's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Reich security forces organized?
2. Describe Xavier March's apartment.
3. What was Rudi Halder's professional career?
4. Why do you think Max is scared by the Gestapo involvement in Buhler's death?
5. Why is Charlie already in trouble with the German authorities?
6. Why is Xavier March known as 'the fox' instead of 'grey wolf'?
7. What are the three possible solutions Xavier poses as solutions to Buhler's death?
8. How has the Unter den Linden changed since 1936 in the novel?
9. Describe Xavier's uniform.
10. What is inside the package Xavier takes from Buhler's mailbox?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)