|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the signs on the U-bahn say to do?
(a) Give money to the poor
(b) Go on holiday.
(c) Become an informant.
(d) Beware pickpockets.
2. Why does Xavier think the parcel was wrapped by a woman?
(a) A trace of lipstick on the stamps.
(b) The neatness of the package.
(c) The style of handwriting.
(d) The perfumed paper.
3. What does Xavier compare Karl Krebs' politeness to?
(a) A priest.
(b) A scoutmaster.
(c) A drunkard.
(d) A politician.
4. Where had Charlie kept the blue envelope?
(a) Close to her heart.
(b) In her pocket.
(c) In a drawer.
(d) At a friend's house.
5. What does Xavier smell outside Luther's house?
(a) Rotting fish.
(b) Baking bread.
(c) Bonfire smoke.
(d) Cut grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Xavier take his son out for the day?
2. What alerts Jaeger to the SS?
3. What weaponry lines the Avenue of Victory?
4. What does Xavier smell on Globus' breath?
5. How many filing cabinets are in Xavier's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is inside the package Xavier takes from Buhler's mailbox?
2. What does Xavier learn from Frau Trinkl?
3. What did Charlie notice when she first visited Stuckart's apartment?
4. What is the significance of President Kennedy's visit to Berlin?
5. What happened to Paul Han and Magda Voss?
6. How are the Reich security forces organized?
7. How has the Unter den Linden changed since 1936 in the novel?
8. How was Stuckart and Maria Dymarski said to have died?
9. Why had Nebe blocked the court-martial proceedings against Xavier?
10. What are the three possible solutions Xavier poses as solutions to Buhler's death?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)