|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written in Buhler's diary on the day before he died?
(a) A small cross.
(b) His sister's birthday.
(c) A meeting with the police.
(d) A phone number.
2. What does Xavier find by the jetty?
(a) A dead swan.
(b) A china doll.
(c) An artificial foot.
(d) A dead body.
3. What was Buhler's main task as State Secretary?
(a) Welcoming foreign diplomats.
(d) Act as a figurehead.
4. What disease had Xavier invalided out of the navy?
5. What does Luther suffer from?
(a) A paralyzed leg.
(b) A heart condition.
(d) Weak eyesight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Walther Fiebes drinking in his office?
2. Who had been asking about Xavier at the Archiv?
3. Where is Xavier's apartment?
4. What did the young SS officer believe the body to be when he first saw it?
5. Where does Xavier take his son out for the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Nebe blocked the court-martial proceedings against Xavier?
2. How are the Reich security forces organized?
3. What happened to Paul Han and Magda Voss?
4. Describe Xavier's office in the Kripo headquarters.
5. How has the Unter den Linden changed since 1936 in the novel?
6. What reason for Buhler's suicide is given by Globus?
7. What is the Schwanenwerder?
8. What is in the cellar of Buhler's house?
9. Why has Stuckart's death been transferred to the sexual crimes division?
10. Why is Xavier March known as 'the fox' instead of 'grey wolf'?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)