|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Hermann Jost born?
2. Why did Buhler have no children?
(a) He hated children.
(b) They died on the Eastern Front.
(c) His wife was infertile.
(d) He was sterile.
3. What does Max Jaeger compare his drink to?
(a) Pig's piss.
(b) Cat's piss.
4. Which floor is Stuckart's apartment on?
(a) The first floor.
(b) The ground floor.
(c) The fifth floor.
(d) The fourth floor.
5. What nationality was Globus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Xavier smell on Globus' breath?
2. What letter is written on the pennant of the Mercedes limousine?
3. Where is Stiefel's watch repair business based?
4. What had Charlie Maguire heard coming from the elevator shaft when she had visited Stuckart's apartment?
5. Who had been shot while Xavier was out by the Havel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the Unter den Linden changed since 1936 in the novel?
2. What happened to Paul Han and Magda Voss?
3. Why is Charlie already in trouble with the German authorities?
4. What is the official history of resettlement in Poland, as described by Rudi Halder?
5. How was Stuckart and Maria Dymarski said to have died?
6. What is the significance of President Kennedy's visit to Berlin?
7. Why do you think Max is scared by the Gestapo involvement in Buhler's death?
8. What is the Pimpf, and why is Pili proud to be a part of it?
9. Describe Xavier March's apartment.
10. What is the landlady's opinion of Charlotte Maguire?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)