|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the announcement concerning?
(a) The death of a party official.
(b) A victory on the Eastern Front.
(c) The capture of a war-criminal.
(d) The visit of the president of America.
2. What does Xavier find by the jetty?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A china doll.
(c) An artificial foot.
(d) A dead swan.
3. What is on top of the piano in the drawing room?
(a) A carriage clock.
(b) Two photographs.
(c) A vase of flowers.
4. What letter is written on the pennant of the Mercedes limousine?
5. Where had Stuckart been the mayor of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the penalty for possessing a foreign bank account without permission?
2. What does Xavier compare Karl Krebs' politeness to?
3. Who does Heydrich enjoy beating, according to Kripo rumour?
4. Before '36, what lined the Unter den Linden?
5. What does Xavier smell outside Luther's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of President Kennedy's visit to Berlin?
2. What led Jost to finding Buhler's corpse?
3. What happened to Paul Han and Magda Voss?
4. Describe Xavier's uniform.
5. Why does Xavier accuse Hermann Jost of being a homosexual?
6. What is in the cellar of Buhler's house?
7. Why is Xavier March known as 'the fox' instead of 'grey wolf'?
8. What is the Schwanenwerder?
9. How has the Unter den Linden changed since 1936 in the novel?
10. How had Germany achieved peace with the United States?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)