|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Charlie Maguire heard coming from the elevator shaft when she had visited Stuckart's apartment?
2. What does Max Jaeger compare his drink to?
(a) Pig's piss.
(b) Cat's piss.
3. What do the stairs of Xavier's apartment smell of?
(a) Cigarette smoke.
(d) Old meals.
4. What smell do Xavier and the attendant try to cover with their cigarette smoke?
5. What was the name of Buhler's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Stiefel's watch repair business based?
2. Which floor is Stuckart's apartment on?
3. Who does Globus now work for?
4. What did the young SS officer believe the body to be when he first saw it?
5. Why can Jaeger not escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the landlady's opinion of Charlotte Maguire?
2. What happens when Xavier is transferred to Columbia House?
3. How has the Unter den Linden changed since 1936 in the novel?
4. What reason for Buhler's suicide is given by Globus?
5. Why did Xavier withdraw all his money from the bank?
6. When did Xavier know that Max had betrayed him?
7. What is the arrangement for the deposit box at the Swiss bank?
8. How does Xavier realize the car is being followed?
9. Why does Xavier not tell Nebe of the painting in Zurich?
10. How does Xavier try to justify parking in front of the Great Hall?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)