|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lake mentioned at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Tegler See.
(c) Lake Wandlitz.
(d) Lake Havel.
2. What is written in Buhler's diary on the day before he died?
(a) A small cross.
(b) His sister's birthday.
(c) A meeting with the police.
(d) A phone number.
3. What smell do Xavier and the attendant try to cover with their cigarette smoke?
4. What trees are at the heart of the Grunewald?
5. Who calls Xavier that evening?
(a) Hermann Jost.
(c) Max Jaeger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nebe describe Xavier as?
2. How does Xavier treat the body?
3. What does Xavier compare Karl Krebs' politeness to?
4. Why does Xavier think the parcel was wrapped by a woman?
5. At what time of day are big announcements made?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Xavier's uniform.
2. What is in the cellar of Buhler's house?
3. Why has Stuckart's death been transferred to the sexual crimes division?
4. Why does Willi Stiefel agree to work with Max and Xavier?
5. How has the Unter den Linden changed since 1936 in the novel?
6. What is inside the package Xavier takes from Buhler's mailbox?
7. What reason for Buhler's suicide is given by Globus?
8. What is the Schwanenwerder?
9. How had Germany achieved peace with the United States?
10. What is the official history of resettlement in Poland, as described by Rudi Halder?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)