|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colour are the walls of the reception room where Frau Trinkl views the body?
(a) Lime green.
(b) Dirty grey.
2. Which department has Stuckart's file?
(b) Foreign affairs.
(c) Sexual crimes.
(d) The Gestapo.
3. What is the name of the lake mentioned at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Lake Wandlitz.
(b) Tegler See.
(d) Lake Havel.
4. Why did Buhler have no children?
(a) They died on the Eastern Front.
(b) His wife was infertile.
(c) He was sterile.
(d) He hated children.
5. Which is the first room in Buhler's house that Xavier enters?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The pantry.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many filing cabinets are in Xavier's office?
2. What is inside the parcel?
3. What is the penalty for possessing a foreign bank account without permission?
4. Where had Churchill fled to in 1944?
5. Where does Xavier take his son out for the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How had Germany achieved peace with the United States?
2. What happened to Paul Han and Magda Voss?
3. Why is Charlie already in trouble with the German authorities?
4. What does Xavier learn from Frau Trinkl?
5. Why do you think Max is scared by the Gestapo involvement in Buhler's death?
6. What is the landlady's opinion of Charlotte Maguire?
7. Why had Nebe blocked the court-martial proceedings against Xavier?
8. What is in the cellar of Buhler's house?
9. How was Stuckart and Maria Dymarski said to have died?
10. How are the Reich security forces organized?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)