|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Xavier say is worse than going crazy?
2. Which university did Charlie attend?
(d) New York.
3. What is inside the deposit box?
(a) A cardboard box.
(d) A metal box.
4. What is playing on the radio after Henry arrives?
(a) Rock music.
(b) Classical music.
(c) German jazz music.
(d) Military music.
5. What was the name of the Führer's armoured train?
6. What is 'Zyklon B'?
(a) Carbon monoxide.
(b) Crystallised hydrogen cyanide.
(c) An anthrax compound.
(d) Hydrogen peroxide.
7. Which department did Kritzinger work for?
(b) The Chancellery.
(c) The penal system.
(d) The Judiciary.
8. Where had Xavier been going when his passport was issued?
9. How does Xavier think it is easy to live one's life?
(a) In ignorance of the past.
(b) In ignorance of development.
(c) In ignorance of the state.
(d) In ignorance of human rights.
10. On which side of the Zurich See have the bankers settled on?
(a) The eastern rim.
(b) The southern rim.
(c) The western rim.
(d) The northern rim.
11. Where does Xavier hide the key to the Swiss account?
(a) In a cistern.
(b) In the plant pot.
(c) In a safe.
(d) In his desk drawer.
12. Who answers the phone in Xavier's apartment?
13. What whiskey does Charlie send to Xavier?
(b) Isle of Islay.
14. Which newspaper does Charlie want to print the story in?
(a) The Herald Tribune.
(b) The Washington Times.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Chicago Post.
15. what does the Führer call the Swiss?
(a) A nation of shopkeepers.
(b) A nation of hotel-keepers.
(c) A nation of farmers.
(d) A nation of criminals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charlie say Xavier is to her landlady?
2. What wars with servility in the custom man's face?
3. What colour is Charlie's lighter?
4. What does Xavier buy Charlie?
5. What does Krebs use as an interrogator's prop?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)