|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is playing on the radio after Henry arrives?
(a) Classical music.
(b) Military music.
(c) Rock music.
(d) German jazz music.
2. What colour is Charlie's lighter?
3. What does Pili ask Xavier to read from?
(a) Picture magazines.
(b) Mein Kampf.
(c) A book of fairytales.
(d) Colouring book.
4. What does Xavier hear Charlie do in her sleep?
(d) Shout out.
5. Where had Xavier been going when his passport was issued?
6. How are Xavier and Max greeted in the bar on Obwall Strasse?
(a) With hostility.
(b) With silence.
7. What is Klara's maiden name?
8. What is behind the steel door in the basement of the Reichsarchiv?
(a) Underground passageways.
(b) Medieval documents.
(c) Secret files.
(d) A furnace.
9. Who is responsible for arranging Xavier's freedom?
(a) Max Jaeger.
(d) Artur Nebe.
10. What do the blood-red sausages remind Xavier of?
(a) Stuckart's corpse.
(b) The corpse's hand.
(c) Globus' fingers.
(d) His nightmares.
11. Who does Xavier suspect of trying to set him up with a new wife?
(a) Rudi Halder.
(b) Walther Fiebes.
(c) Artur Nebe.
(d) Max Jaeger.
12. When did Martin Luther open the account with Zaugg?
(a) July 1942.
(b) August 1942.
(c) May 1942.
(d) June 1942.
13. Where had Gerhard Klopfer's body been found?
(a) In the sea.
(b) In a mine-shaft.
(c) In a cement mixer.
(d) In the river.
14. What does Globus break of Xavier's at first?
(a) His foot.
(b) His hand.
(c) His nose.
(d) His teeth.
15. Who is waiting for Xavier at Columbia House?
(a) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colour are the trams in Zurich?
2. What whiskey does Charlie send to Xavier?
3. What is the subject of Xavier's childhood dream?
4. What accent does Luther speak with?
5. In which station is the supposed body of Martin Luther found?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)