|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Xavier been going when his passport was issued?
2. How does Xavier think it is easy to live one's life?
(a) In ignorance of the state.
(b) In ignorance of the past.
(c) In ignorance of human rights.
(d) In ignorance of development.
3. Which newspaper does Charlie want to print the story in?
(a) The Herald Tribune.
(b) The Washington Times.
(c) The Chicago Post.
(d) The New York Times.
4. What does Xavier tell Nebe was in the deposit box?
(c) A painting.
5. Which university did Charlie attend?
(c) New York.
6. Who sits next to Xavier on the plane?
(a) Martin Luther.
(b) Charlotte Maguire.
(c) Max Jaeger.
(d) An SS officer.
7. What does Halder say is the historian's job to bring out of chaos?
(a) New lies.
(c) More chaos.
(d) The truth.
8. What is Globus carrying when he takes over the interrogation?
(a) A pair of pliers.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A length of steel.
(d) A crowbar.
9. What does Xavier shout out to Globus as he is being tortured?
(a) The names of the death-camps.
(b) Charlie's name.
(c) The names of the conspirators.
(d) The names of his family.
10. What is Klara's maiden name?
11. What is on top of Charlie's lavatory?
(a) Tape recorder.
(b) A pair of pistols.
(c) A vase.
(d) A knife.
12. What accent does Luther speak with?
13. Who does Xavier ask to see at the airport?
(a) A baggage-checker.
(b) The ariport manager.
(c) The head of security.
(d) The cleaning crew.
14. What colour is the bag Xavier takes from the airport?
15. Who answers the phone in Xavier's apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What colour is Zaugg's hair?
2. What does Xavier buy Charlie?
3. What does Globus break of Xavier's at first?
4. Where do Charlie, Xavier and Henry go to talk?
5. Who had the roads been named for?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)