Tuesday, April 14, 1964, Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4
• It is the early hours of April 14, 1964. Xavier March, a homicide investigator, is called to the scene of the discovery of a body in the Havel.
• Xavier questions a young man named Hermann Jost, who discovered the body. Jost had been jogging in the area.
• The corpse is a large man's, and is missing the left foot. The coroner estimates he died within the past twelve hours.
• Jost is an SS cadet. He runs in the mornings often. March does not believe that Jost's version of finding the body is true.
• Xavier picks up his son, Pili, from his ex-wife's house. Pili has a new dagger and is proud of being in the Pimpfen.
• Pili accuses Xavier of being an asocial. Pili also knows of a file documenting Xavier's non-participation.
• Xavier inspects the dead body found in the river that morning. He takes the...
This section contains 1,683 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)