|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 - "Tragedy and Escape - There is a Degree of Mercy Beyond Which Any Man is Rude to Inquire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The C-87 is a new plane used mainly for what purpose?
(a) Cross-Atlantic airlifts.
(b) North American flights.
(c) Shorter hauls.
(d) Icy flights.
2. Which part of Gann's plane has troubles on his flight from Belem, South America?
(a) The landing gear.
(b) The cabin door.
(c) The left wing.
(d) The engine's oil line.
3. Which aircraft were the students primarily taught to fly?
(a) DC-2's and DC-3's.
(b) Tigers and BC-4's.
(c) 747's and DC-2's.
(d) BC-4's and F27's.
4. Which two pilots does Gann mention in chapter 7 have recently died in a crash?
(a) Harold and Boone.
(b) Charles and Dixon.
(c) Cooper and Jackson.
(d) Cooper and Owens.
5. On Gann's flight with Hughen, the plane begins to ice up and quickly loses altitude and speed. What is Gann's reaction to this?
(a) He is concerned but confident.
(b) He is aloof.
(c) He is not shaken at all.
(d) He is quickly frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new navigation trick is used to help keep planes on route to O'Connor's position?
2. How does the author describe Keim's physical appearance?
3. What is McCabe assessing during the demonstration flight?
4. Upon leaving Wilkes-Barre, Ross allows Gann to fly to the next location. What is that location?
5. What character traits does Gann seem to attribute to his fellow pilots?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)