|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 - "Tragedy and Escape - There is a Degree of Mercy Beyond Which Any Man is Rude to Inquire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the new engines on Gann's DC-4A as they are flying from San Francisco?
(a) The back engines catch fire.
(b) Two of them burn through their fuel too quickly.
(c) They all sputter and eventually fail.
(d) They run too slow to keep the plane at a cruising altitude.
2. How many men does Gann note it takes to fly the C-87?
3. Which part of Gann's plane has troubles on his flight from Belem, South America?
(a) The landing gear.
(b) The left wing.
(c) The engine's oil line.
(d) The cabin door.
4. How many days of searching have passed before O'Connor is located?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
5. What does Gann spend his time as a pilot doing?
(a) He spends time greeting passengers and being friendly.
(b) He spends time getting to know the crew.
(c) He spends as much time as possible working on his landing.
(d) He spends time alone, interacting with no one.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Agra, Gann's plane was so overloaded, he almost what?
2. Where does Gann mention the technician looks for the missing item when they are in Wilkes-Barre?
3. In Chapter 16, which pilot from his past does Gann join in flying at a newly formed airline with flights from California to Honolulu?
4. An inspector administers a flight test for Dudley. What does the inspector do after the test?
5. Towards the end of the novel, Gann notes that his favorite old co-pilot is now a pilot. What is the name of this former co-pilot?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)