|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 - "A Pretender - How One Fine Man is Ill-Used by Fate and Another Dares Deceive It".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Steensville located?
(a) Edwards Island.
(b) Nova Scotia.
2. Where did Ross grow up as a child?
(a) Cleveland, OH.
(b) Lansing, MI.
(c) Massilon, OH.
(d) Detroit, MI.
3. Trying to show his technical ability to Ross, what does Gann try to do immediately upon Ross' signal?
(a) Snatch up the landing gear.
(b) Start the engines.
(c) Do a double barrel roll.
(d) Break the sound barrier.
4. How does Gann react when he finds that O'Connor has snatched the C-87 that Gann and his crew were supposed to fly on their route to Greenland, sticking them instead with the older C-47?
(a) He writes a sarcastic note to O'Connor.
(b) He is fine because O'Connor has seniority.
(c) He thinks nothing of it.
(d) He laughs at the good joke O'Connor has played on him.
5. How does the author describe South America's aviation facilities?
(a) In progress and growing.
(b) Plentiful but in need of updating.
(c) Top of the line.
(d) Poor to non-existent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the trip from Goose Bay to Greenland estimated to be for Gann and his crew?
2. What was Gann's seniority number when he completed flight school?
3. Initially, how does Gann view Keim's character?
4. Why can't Lester fly anymore?
5. After the Wilkes-Barre incident, Ross decides to let Gann land at their next stop. How is that landing?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)