|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 - "A Pretender - How One Fine Man is Ill-Used by Fate and Another Dares Deceive It".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gann spend his time as a pilot doing?
(a) He spends time alone, interacting with no one.
(b) He spends time greeting passengers and being friendly.
(c) He spends time getting to know the crew.
(d) He spends as much time as possible working on his landing.
2. Which two names below does Gann never mention as being part of his crew while he pilots the C-54?
(a) Robertson and LaFrenier.
(b) Smith and O'Ryan.
(c) Bradford and Millington.
(d) Ditmeyer and Braseman.
3. In chapter 4, what do we learn has happened to Gann while flying with Ross?
(a) Gann's flying abilities have vastly improved.
(b) Gann's flying abilities are miserable.
(c) Gann feels ready to be a head pilot.
(d) Gann decides that he does not want to fly anymore and quits.
4. The technical issues on the C-54 cause a fire in what part of Gann's plane?
(a) The back right wing.
(b) A small forward baggage compartment.
(c) The airplane's tail.
(d) One of the engines.
5. How many days of searching have passed before O'Connor is located?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Moments after taking off from Steensville, what technical issue do Gann and his crew have to deal with?
2. Ross begins using Zen-like techniques with Gann to do what?
3. What does Gann note "saved the day" when his Douglas C-54 has technical issues, causing a potentially life threatening situation?
4. Which of the following is not an attribute that is causing difficulties in rescuing O'Connor?
5. What does Gann learn has caused his plane to have technical trouble while flying from Belem?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)