|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16 - "A Pretender - How One Fine Man is Ill-Used by Fate and Another Dares Deceive It".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 8, which friend of Gann's joins the route AM-21 as a pilot?
2. While at Goose Bay, what locations does Gann realize will offer excellent staging areas during the war?
(c) South Pacific.
3. Gann mentions the death of Watkins. How does Watkins die?
(a) An enemy plane shot down his aircraft.
(b) In a controlled flight-into-terrain accident.
(c) In a landing gone wrong.
(d) In a car accident.
4. Upon leaving Wilkes-Barre, Ross allows Gann to fly to the next location. What is that location?
(c) New York City.
5. What dangerous mishap happens seconds after Gann takes off in a Douglas C-54 in Chapter 14?
(a) The landing gear will not retract.
(b) The cabin depressurizes.
(c) One of the wings loses a flap.
(d) Three engines begin to misfire.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gann locates O'Connor's flight in Chapter 12, what is done?
2. How does Gann describe his home in Brazil?
3. Which of the following is not a characteristic of the new C-87 as compared to the C-47?
4. Ross begins using Zen-like techniques with Gann to do what?
5. Which aircraft were the students primarily taught to fly?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)