|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 - "Fortune - Where is the Man Who Survives Without...".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the trip from Goose Bay to Greenland estimated to be for Gann and his crew?
(a) 3,100 miles.
(b) 1,300 miles.
(c) 1,500 miles.
(d) 2,100 miles.
2. What does Gann note "saved the day" when his Douglas C-54 has technical issues, causing a potentially life threatening situation?
(a) His flying ability.
(b) The plane's wingspan.
(c) His proximity to the runway.
(d) The engineers' skills.
3. What weather patterns and geography does Gann note in chapter 14 that he and other pilots have come to know?
(a) South American.
4. Ross begins using Zen-like techniques with Gann to do what?
(a) To make Gann choke under pressure.
(b) To practice his hypnotism.
(c) To help Gann sleep.
(d) To develop Gann's confidence.
5. What is the name of the base where Gann lands in Greenland?
(a) Baliss Bay.
(d) St. John's Base.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following tricks does Ross teach Gann for flying in severe weather?
2. Where did Ross grow up as a child?
3. What type of adverse weather is Gann's flying route used to experiencing?
4. What type of pilot is Ross considered by other pilots and Gann?
5. Towards the end of the novel, Gann notes that he is transferred back to Natal and has managed to log how much flying time?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)