|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 - "Fortune - Where is the Man Who Survives Without...".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following tricks does Ross teach Gann for flying in severe weather?
(a) Flying low and close to the ground.
(b) Positioning the seat for maximum visibility.
(c) Night vision.
(d) Flying high and above the weather.
2. In chapter 4, what do we learn has happened to Gann while flying with Ross?
(a) Gann feels ready to be a head pilot.
(b) Gann's flying abilities have vastly improved.
(c) Gann decides that he does not want to fly anymore and quits.
(d) Gann's flying abilities are miserable.
3. Towards the end of the novel, Gann notes that he is transferred back to Natal and has managed to log how much flying time?
(a) 4,627 hours, 29 minutes.
(b) 5,622 hours, 39 minutes.
(c) 5,972 hours, 40 minutes.
(d) 2,598 hours, 38 minutes.
4. What does Ross do as Gann repeatedly makes the same mistakes?
(a) Kicks him out of the cockpit.
(b) Verbally insults him.
(c) Encourages him.
5. Which of the following topics does Gann not ponder while flying from Goose Bay to Greenland?
(a) Beauty of nature.
(b) The idea of a soul mate.
(c) Human trust.
(d) Feelings of loneliness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gann describe the weather at Goose Bay?
2. What is the name of the base where Gann lands in Greenland?
3. Heavy with fuel and equipment, what is the mph Gann's plane averages on the way to Greenland?
4. What is the name of the pilot that Gann meets toward the end of the novel who holds seniority number 1?
5. What plane is Ross considered the master of?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)