|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 - "Fortune - Where is the Man Who Survives Without...".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the trip from Goose Bay to Greenland estimated to be for Gann and his crew?
(a) 2,100 miles.
(b) 1,300 miles.
(c) 1,500 miles.
(d) 3,100 miles.
2. Which of the following tricks does Ross teach Gann for flying in severe weather?
(a) Flying high and above the weather.
(b) Night vision.
(c) Positioning the seat for maximum visibility.
(d) Flying low and close to the ground.
3. Ross begins using Zen-like techniques with Gann to do what?
(a) To practice his hypnotism.
(b) To make Gann choke under pressure.
(c) To develop Gann's confidence.
(d) To help Gann sleep.
4. Over the next few months that they are flying together, what happens to Ross' attitude towards Gann?
(a) He becomes more demanding of Gann.
(b) Ross becomes jealous of Gann's skills.
(c) He and Gann become best friends.
(d) Ross refuses to fly with Gann.
5. How does Gann view Ross' Zen-like techniques?
(a) He thinks that they are quite fun.
(b) He does not even notice they are happening.
(c) He finds them obnoxious.
(d) He enjoys these new techniques.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of pilot is Ross considered by other pilots and Gann?
2. What is the name of the pilot that Gann meets toward the end of the novel who holds seniority number 1?
3. What plane is Ross considered the master of?
4. Towards the end of the novel, Gann notes that he is transferred back to Natal and has managed to log how much flying time?
5. As the plane nears its landing base in Greenland, what does Gann's plane skim while flying only feet above the water?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)