|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 - "Fortune - Where is the Man Who Survives Without...".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 4, what do we learn has happened to Gann while flying with Ross?
(a) Gann decides that he does not want to fly anymore and quits.
(b) Gann's flying abilities are miserable.
(c) Gann's flying abilities have vastly improved.
(d) Gann feels ready to be a head pilot.
2. How does Gann describe the weather at Goose Bay?
(a) Humid and thunderous.
(b) Clear and cold.
(c) Cranky and unpredictable.
(d) Warm and breezy.
3. As the plane nears its landing base in Greenland, what does Gann's plane skim while flying only feet above the water?
(b) Tops of icebergs.
(c) Pods of whales.
(d) White-capped waves.
4. How does Gann describe the view as they approach their destination in Greenland?
(a) Smooth white beaches.
(b) Shining city lights.
(c) Coastal cliffs and craggy fjords.
(d) Flat marshlands.
5. Finish the sentence: Goose Bay initially features...
(a) ...a wide array of planes and equipment.
(b) ...a welcome home for Gann and his crew.
(c) ...no navigational assets.
(d) ...top-notch navigational tools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over the next few months that they are flying together, what happens to Ross' attitude towards Gann?
2. Towards the end of the novel, Gann notes that he is transferred back to Natal and has managed to log how much flying time?
3. What dangerous mishap happens seconds after Gann takes off in a Douglas C-54 in Chapter 14?
4. What type of adverse weather is Gann's flying route used to experiencing?
5. What weather patterns and geography does Gann note in chapter 14 that he and other pilots have come to know?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)