|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Jeanne make friends?
2. Where does the family find housing?
3. When does the Supreme Court vote that loyal citizens cannot be detained against their will by the government?
4. What worries Papa after the bombing of Hiroshima?
5. How many rooms does the family's new unit have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the December Riot? What were people upset about? What happened during the riot? Do you think the people were right to feel the way that they did? How do you think you would feel in a similar circumstance? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of disloyalty runs through the events in the book. At which people or groups is this label directed? What effect does this have? Why do you think these people are thought to be disloyal? Is the assumption right or wrong? How do you think you would react to having this label placed on you?
Essay Topic 3
Jeanne is a child while the family lives in Manzanar. How do you think the camp experience is different for different age groups? Use examples from the book to back up your answers. Who had the toughest time at the camp? Why?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)