|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Papa's family died in the bombing of Hiroshima?
2. When does the Supreme Court vote that loyal citizens cannot be detained against their will by the government?
3. What does the experience of visiting the family show Woody?
4. What reaction does Jeanne and her family get from others?
5. At what lessons does Jeanne succeed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trace Jeanne's feelings about her Japanese heritage through the events of the book. Which events have an impact on her self-image? How do the events make her feel about her Japanese heritage?
Essay Topic 2
What happened at the reservoir shack on the night of the December Riot? Who was present? Why do you think the people present felt the way that they did? Do you think you would feel similarly if you had been there that night? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do Jeanne's experiences in Manzanar color her life afterward? What does she think about herself? How do the events affect her relationships with other people? Do you think you would feel the same as Jeanne does if you experienced these circumstances?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)