|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who breaks the dam of Jeanne's memories about Manzanar?
2. How many members of the family go to Los Angeles?
3. Who is Jeanne's oldest sister?
4. What is the 442nd Combat Regiment?
5. What is the greatest difficulty that the family faces in L.A.?
Essay Topic 1
How do Jeanne's experiences in Manzanar color her life afterward? What does she think about herself? How do the events affect her relationships with other people? Do you think you would feel the same as Jeanne does if you experienced these circumstances?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the discrimination that Japanese Americans faced after the attack on Pearl Harbor. How did Japanese Americans react to the discrimination? What effect did the discrimination have on Japanese-Americans?
Essay Topic 3
Jeanne is a child while the family lives in Manzanar. How do you think the camp experience is different for different age groups? Use examples from the book to back up your answers. Who had the toughest time at the camp? Why?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)