|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Supreme Court vote that loyal citizens cannot be detained against their will by the government?
2. Where does Papa lease land?
3. What does the experience of visiting the family show Woody?
4. Who is Jeanne's oldest sister?
5. What would Jeanne be horrified about if anyone asked her out on a date?
Essay Topic 1
The theme of disloyalty runs through the events in the book. At which people or groups is this label directed? What effect does this have? Why do you think these people are thought to be disloyal? Is the assumption right or wrong? How do you think you would react to having this label placed on you?
Essay Topic 2
What was the December Riot? What were people upset about? What happened during the riot? Do you think the people were right to feel the way that they did? How do you think you would feel in a similar circumstance? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What discrimination does Jeanne face in school after the family returns to Los Angeles? Where does she feel accepted? Where does she not feel accepted? What recurring dream does she have? Why do you think Jeanne never fulfills this dream?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)