|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who breaks the dam of Jeanne's memories about Manzanar?
2. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
3. What ends all hope for staying at Manzanar?
4. How do Jeanne and her family deal with the memories of Manzanar?
5. How many rooms does the family's new unit have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the purpose of the internment camps? Dido they fulfill their purpose? Why or why not? Do you think the camps were right? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is Jeanne's father like? How did he come to the United States and what did he experience once he arrived? How to the events in the book change him?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Loyalty Oath? How do the people in the camp react to it? Why does it cause so much controversy? How do you think you would have reacted to it?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)