|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city does Eleanor move?
(b) San Diego
2. What ends all hope for staying at Manzanar?
(a) Bombing of Hiroshima
(b) The water main breaks
(c) Fire in the camps
(d) The assignation of the General in charge of the camps
3. What does the experience of visiting the family show Woody?
(a) That Woody belongs in Japan
(b) That he is proud of his father
(c) That his family in America is nothing like his family in Japan
(d) That his father lied about his family
4. Where does Jeanne complete her senior year of high school?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) Palm Springs
(c) San Diego
(d) San Jose
5. What grade does Jeanne enter in Los Angeles?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who breaks the dam of Jeanne's memories about Manzanar?
2. What helps alleviate the overcrowding in the camp?
3. What is Jeanne named during her senior year?
4. Why can't Jeanne participate in the odori lessons?
5. What does Papa want to build?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mama, Papa, and the others in the camp react to the possibility of leaving the camp? What makes staying in the camp impossible?
2. What is the trip back to Los Angeles like for Jeanne's family? Why?
3. What does Woody realize about Papa after his visit to Papa's family?
4. What do Jeanne and her father wait for at the firebreak? What does Mama tell them?
5. What happens to Jeanne during her senior year of high school? What adds to Jeanne's differentness in the circumstance?
6. What is Jeanne's recurring dream? Why does this dream not come true for Jeanne?
7. What does Jeanne fear will be the family's reception in Los Angeles? What it is actually like? How to people react to Jeanne and her family?
8. What does Papa want to do after they leave Manzanar? How does he think he will accomplish this?
9. How do Papa's family react to Woody's visit? What do they show him?
10. What activities does Jeanne try? How does she feel about each?
This section contains 1,464 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)