|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jeanne's oldest sister?
2. Why did the family erect a gravestone with Papa's name on it?
(a) They disown him.
(b) They do this for anyone who leaves the country.
(c) They are told he died in a fishing accident.
(d) They hadn't heard from him and do not know if he iss still alive.
3. How do Jeanne and her family deal with the memories of Manzanar?
(a) They discuss their experiences at family gatherings
(b) They go to therapy
(c) They write about their experiences in a family journal
(d) They don't talk about Manzanar
4. What is Jeanne named during her senior year?
(a) State baton twirling champion
(c) Student of the month
(d) Carnival queen
5. Where does Mama go to work?
(a) A fish cannery
(b) A doctor's office
(c) A hospital
(d) A school
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Jeanne be horrified about if anyone asked her out on a date?
2. Why is there a housing shortage on the West Coast?
3. What does the experience of visiting the family show Woody?
4. When Jeanne goes to Manzanar, she find everything ________.
5. To what area does most of the family move?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)