|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the family erect a gravestone with Papa's name on it?
(a) They disown him.
(b) They are told he died in a fishing accident.
(c) They hadn't heard from him and do not know if he iss still alive.
(d) They do this for anyone who leaves the country.
2. What does the experience of visiting the family show Woody?
(a) That Woody belongs in Japan
(b) That he is proud of his father
(c) That his father lied about his family
(d) That his family in America is nothing like his family in Japan
3. What is Jeanne's return to school and outside life like?
4. To what area does most of the family move?
(b) The East Coast
(d) The South
5. What is the greatest difficulty that the family faces in L.A.?
(a) Finding somewhere to live
(b) Finding their way around town
(c) Getting their possessions out of storage
(d) Jeanne getting into school
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Papa's family died in the bombing of Hiroshima?
2. Jeanne goes to the first campground when she is in what grade?
3. What does Woody bring as a gift to his father's family?
4. What is Jeanne reminded of when Woody leaves?
5. What does Jeanne explore that her father is against?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)