|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
(a) A rally cry to change the laws
(b) Something to talk to others about
(c) A reason to be filled with shame
(d) A great part of her history
2. How does Papa decide that the family is going to travel back to Los Angeles?
(a) By car
(b) By train
(c) By bus
(d) By plane
3. Where does Jeanne find that she is accepted?
(a) Social activities
(b) Peer activities
(c) Dating activities
(d) Academic activities
4. Who tells Woody that he looks like his father?
(a) Aunt Chizu
(b) Aunt Toyo
(c) Uncle Ko
(d) Aunt Lee
5. Who is the first of the family to leave?
(a) Mama, Papa and Jeanne
(b) Granny and Kiyo
(c) Eleanor, Shig and their baby son
(d) Woody and his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What closes permanently in July of 1945?
2. By the end of 1944, about how many people are left at Manzanar?
3. What is the 442nd Combat Regiment?
4. How long after she leaves does Jeanne return to Manzanar?
5. What does Mama announce to Papa and Jeanne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jeanne during her senior year of high school? What adds to Jeanne's differentness in the circumstance?
2. After the Loyalty Oath, what does the camp become like?
3. How does Papa change after the Loyalty Oath?
4. How do Jeanne and her family feel as Woody leaves for the Army? How do others in the camp feel as the men leave?
5. What does Papa want to do after they leave Manzanar? How does he think he will accomplish this?
6. What does Woody realize about Papa after his visit to Papa's family?
7. What small freedoms are the people in the camp allowed as time passes? How does Jeanne feel about this?
8. Who are the first people in Jeanne's family to leave the camp? Where do the members of her family go?
9. What is Jeanne's reaction to the outside world? What double impulse does she have?
10. How does Jeanne feel about leaving the camp? What does she fear?
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)