|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Papa would be angry if Jeanne dated ________.
(a) An older man
(b) A "No, No" Japanese
(c) A Caucasian
(d) An Asian
2. Where does Woody go?
(b) San Francisco
(c) Terminal Island
(d) 442nd Combat Regiment
3. What is Jeanne named during her senior year?
(b) State baton twirling champion
(c) Student of the month
(d) Carnival queen
4. How many of Papa's family died in the bombing of Hiroshima?
5. How many members of the family go to Los Angeles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama announce to Papa and Jeanne?
2. What ends all hope for staying at Manzanar?
3. What hobby does Jeanne try that she comes to believe is a horrible abuse of the body?
4. What does Papa sketch?
5. With whom does Jeanne make friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What activities does Jeanne try? How does she feel about each?
2. How do Papa's family react to Woody's visit? What do they show him?
3. What is Jeanne's reaction to the outside world? What double impulse does she have?
4. What is the trip back to Los Angeles like for Jeanne's family? Why?
5. What is Jeanne's recurring dream? Why does this dream not come true for Jeanne?
6. What three cases go to the Supreme Court? What are the decisions on them?
7. After the Loyalty Oath, what does the camp become like?
8. How does Jeanne feel about leaving the camp? What does she fear?
9. Who are the first people in Jeanne's family to leave the camp? Where do the members of her family go?
10. Where does Jeanne find acceptance? Where does she not find acceptance? Who does she become friends with?
This section contains 1,408 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)