|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeanne's family moves closer to what in the camp?
(a) The reservoir shack
(b) The mess hall
(c) The hospital
(d) The main gate
2. Who is Jeanne close to in her younger years?
3. Jeanne goes to the first campground when she is in what grade?
4. At what lessons does Jeanne succeed?
(b) Baton twirling
5. Who needs to be escorted to the train station to protect them from the crowds?
(a) Kiyo and Granny
(b) Jeanne and her parents
(c) May and her family
(d) Woody's wife and children
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Woody bring as a gift to his father's family?
2. Who tells Woody that he looks like his father?
3. How do Jeanne and her family deal with the memories of Manzanar?
4. Why did the family erect a gravestone with Papa's name on it?
5. Where does Jeanne find that she is accepted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What activities does Jeanne try? How does she feel about each?
2. What small freedoms are the people in the camp allowed as time passes? How does Jeanne feel about this?
3. What three cases go to the Supreme Court? What are the decisions on them?
4. Who are the first people in Jeanne's family to leave the camp? Where do the members of her family go?
5. What does Jeanne fear will be the family's reception in Los Angeles? What it is actually like? How to people react to Jeanne and her family?
6. How does Jeanne feel about leaving the camp? What does she fear?
7. Where does Jeanne find acceptance? Where does she not find acceptance? Who does she become friends with?
8. What does Papa want to do after they leave Manzanar? How does he think he will accomplish this?
9. How does Papa change after the Loyalty Oath?
10. What does Woody realize about Papa after his visit to Papa's family?
This section contains 1,519 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)