|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeanne reminded of when Woody leaves?
(a) When they left Ocean Park
(b) When they had to sell their belongings
(c) When they first arrived at the camp
(d) When Papa went to fish the last time
2. What is Jeanne named during her senior year?
(a) Student of the month
(b) Carnival queen
(d) State baton twirling champion
3. Jeanne becomes the first person in her family to _________.
(a) Get married to a Caucasian
(b) Get a divorce
(c) Graduate from college
(d) Have twins
4. What does the experience of visiting the family show Woody?
(a) That he is proud of his father
(b) That his family in America is nothing like his family in Japan
(c) That his father lied about his family
(d) That Woody belongs in Japan
5. What does Jeanne explore that her father is against?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeanne is chosen as ________ in high school.
2. Where does Woody go?
3. Where does the family find housing?
4. What does Jeanne fear as the camps close?
5. How many of Papa's family died in the bombing of Hiroshima?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mama, Papa, and the others in the camp react to the possibility of leaving the camp? What makes staying in the camp impossible?
2. How does Papa change after the Loyalty Oath?
3. Who are the first people in Jeanne's family to leave the camp? Where do the members of her family go?
4. What is the trip back to Los Angeles like for Jeanne's family? Why?
5. What activities does Jeanne try? How does she feel about each?
6. What happens to Jeanne during her senior year of high school? What adds to Jeanne's differentness in the circumstance?
7. What does Jeanne fear will be the family's reception in Los Angeles? What it is actually like? How to people react to Jeanne and her family?
8. Where does Jeanne find acceptance? Where does she not find acceptance? Who does she become friends with?
9. How does Jeanne feel about leaving the camp? What does she fear?
10. What do Jeanne and her father wait for at the firebreak? What does Mama tell them?
This section contains 1,364 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)