|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa want to build?
(a) A better bond with Jeanne
(b) A Japanese civil rights organization
(c) A housing project
(d) A boat
2. Where does Woody serve in the military?
3. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
(a) Something to talk to others about
(b) A rally cry to change the laws
(c) A great part of her history
(d) A reason to be filled with shame
4. With whom does Jeanne make friends?
5. What does Jeanne explore that her father is against?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeanne and her father are in the firebreak waiting for what?
2. What helps alleviate the overcrowding in the camp?
3. How does Jeanne's family react to the news that the camps are closing?
4. Jeanne feels sorry for the teacher of which lessons?
5. Where does the family find housing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeanne's relationship with her father change? Who does she turn to?
2. What is the trip back to Los Angeles like for Jeanne's family? Why?
3. What do Jeanne and her father wait for at the firebreak? What does Mama tell them?
4. How do Papa's family react to Woody's visit? What do they show him?
5. What small freedoms are the people in the camp allowed as time passes? How does Jeanne feel about this?
6. How do Jeanne and her family feel as Woody leaves for the Army? How do others in the camp feel as the men leave?
7. What does Jeanne fear will be the family's reception in Los Angeles? What it is actually like? How to people react to Jeanne and her family?
8. What does Woody realize about Papa after his visit to Papa's family?
9. What is Jeanne's reaction to the outside world? What double impulse does she have?
10. After the Loyalty Oath, what does the camp become like?
This section contains 1,351 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)