|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What closes permanently in July of 1945?
(a) The schools at Manzanar
(b) The draft for Japanese American soldiers
(c) The mess hall at Manzanar
(d) The Manzanar camp
2. Papa would be angry if Jeanne dated ________.
(a) An Asian
(b) An older man
(c) A "No, No" Japanese
(d) A Caucasian
3. Jeanne becomes the first person in her family to _________.
(a) Have twins
(b) Graduate from college
(c) Get married to a Caucasian
(d) Get a divorce
4. What helps alleviate the overcrowding in the camp?
(a) The Loyalty Oath
(b) The influenza epidemic
(c) The addition of five more camps for the detainees
(d) The expansion of the camp by one mile
5. What reaction does Jeanne and her family get from others?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Jeanne participate in the odori lessons?
2. Who tells Woody that he looks like his father?
3. When Jeanne goes to Manzanar, she find everything ________.
4. Where does Mama go to work?
5. What grade does Jeanne enter in Los Angeles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Woody realize about Papa after his visit to Papa's family?
2. Where does Jeanne find acceptance? Where does she not find acceptance? Who does she become friends with?
3. What does Jeanne find when she visits Manzanar? How does this make her feel?
4. What small freedoms are the people in the camp allowed as time passes? How does Jeanne feel about this?
5. How do Mama, Papa, and the others in the camp react to the possibility of leaving the camp? What makes staying in the camp impossible?
6. How do Jeanne and her family feel as Woody leaves for the Army? How do others in the camp feel as the men leave?
7. What three cases go to the Supreme Court? What are the decisions on them?
8. After the Loyalty Oath, what does the camp become like?
9. What activities does Jeanne try? How does she feel about each?
10. What happens to Jeanne during her senior year of high school? What adds to Jeanne's differentness in the circumstance?
This section contains 1,527 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)