|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Jeanne participate in the odori lessons?
(a) She thinks it is too Japanese
(b) She doesn't speak Japanese
(c) She is too tall
(d) Her father doesn't want her too
2. Where does the family find housing?
(a) A barn
(b) A trailer
(c) An apartment
(d) A house
3. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
(a) A reason to be filled with shame
(b) A great part of her history
(c) Something to talk to others about
(d) A rally cry to change the laws
4. How does Jeanne's family react to the news that the camps are closing?
(a) They have mixed feelings about it
(b) They want the family to stay together
(c) They don't want to leave the camp
(d) They are excited to leave
5. When does the Supreme Court vote that loyal citizens cannot be detained against their will by the government?
Short Answer Questions
1. What closes permanently in July of 1945?
2. Jeanne goes to the first campground when she is in what grade?
3. To what city does Eleanor move?
4. What does Mama announce to Papa and Jeanne?
5. What is the 442nd Combat Regiment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the first people in Jeanne's family to leave the camp? Where do the members of her family go?
2. How do Jeanne and her family feel as Woody leaves for the Army? How do others in the camp feel as the men leave?
3. What is Jeanne's reaction to the outside world? What double impulse does she have?
4. What does Woody realize about Papa after his visit to Papa's family?
5. How do Mama, Papa, and the others in the camp react to the possibility of leaving the camp? What makes staying in the camp impossible?
6. What happens to Jeanne during her senior year of high school? What adds to Jeanne's differentness in the circumstance?
7. How does Jeanne's relationship with her father change? Who does she turn to?
8. How do Papa's family react to Woody's visit? What do they show him?
9. Where does Jeanne find acceptance? Where does she not find acceptance? Who does she become friends with?
10. What does Jeanne fear will be the family's reception in Los Angeles? What it is actually like? How to people react to Jeanne and her family?
This section contains 1,328 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)