|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What date does the government set for final closure of the camp?
(a) December 1
(b) April 15
(c) June 21
(d) October 31
2. Where does Jeanne find that she is accepted?
(a) Social activities
(b) Dating activities
(c) Peer activities
(d) Academic activities
3. How many rooms does the family's new unit have?
4. When Jeanne goes to Manzanar, she find everything ________.
(b) Exactly as they had left it
(c) Restored to what it was like when they arrived
(d) Run down
5. Why is there a housing shortage on the West Coast?
(a) Most of the available land is already used up
(b) Japanese American houses are burned after the evacuation
(c) People move there to help with the war effort
(d) Many houses are bombed
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeanne and her father are in the firebreak waiting for what?
2. Who is Jeanne close to in her younger years?
3. Who does Jeanne go to more and more when she needs comfort?
4. Jeanne is chosen as ________ in high school.
5. Where does Jeanne complete her senior year of high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the first people in Jeanne's family to leave the camp? Where do the members of her family go?
2. What do Jeanne and her father wait for at the firebreak? What does Mama tell them?
3. As she ages, how does Jeanne feel about Manzanar? How does she deal with her time there?
4. What does Jeanne fear will be the family's reception in Los Angeles? What it is actually like? How to people react to Jeanne and her family?
5. What is Jeanne's recurring dream? Why does this dream not come true for Jeanne?
6. What is the trip back to Los Angeles like for Jeanne's family? Why?
7. How does Jeanne feel about leaving the camp? What does she fear?
8. What is Jeanne's reaction to the outside world? What double impulse does she have?
9. How do Jeanne and her family feel as Woody leaves for the Army? How do others in the camp feel as the men leave?
10. What happens to Jeanne during her senior year of high school? What adds to Jeanne's differentness in the circumstance?
This section contains 1,328 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)