|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Woody go?
(a) San Francisco
(b) Terminal Island
(d) 442nd Combat Regiment
2. Why is there a housing shortage on the West Coast?
(a) Most of the available land is already used up
(b) Many houses are bombed
(c) People move there to help with the war effort
(d) Japanese American houses are burned after the evacuation
3. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
(a) A reason to be filled with shame
(b) Something to talk to others about
(c) A rally cry to change the laws
(d) A great part of her history
4. Where does Jeanne find that she is accepted?
(a) Peer activities
(b) Dating activities
(c) Social activities
(d) Academic activities
5. What does Papa want to build?
(a) A better bond with Jeanne
(b) A housing project
(c) A boat
(d) A Japanese civil rights organization
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeanne feels sorry for the teacher of which lessons?
2. Who does Jeanne go to more and more when she needs comfort?
3. What does Manzanar mean in Spanish?
4. What reaction does Jeanne and her family get from others?
5. When Jeanne goes to Manzanar, she find everything ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeanne's relationship with her father change? Who does she turn to?
2. What does Papa want to do after they leave Manzanar? How does he think he will accomplish this?
3. What does Jeanne fear will be the family's reception in Los Angeles? What it is actually like? How to people react to Jeanne and her family?
4. How does Papa change after the Loyalty Oath?
5. What is the trip back to Los Angeles like for Jeanne's family? Why?
6. What does Jeanne find when she visits Manzanar? How does this make her feel?
7. How does Jeanne feel about leaving the camp? What does she fear?
8. What activities does Jeanne try? How does she feel about each?
9. What small freedoms are the people in the camp allowed as time passes? How does Jeanne feel about this?
10. What do Jeanne and her father wait for at the firebreak? What does Mama tell them?
This section contains 1,442 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)