|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Jeanne be horrified about if anyone asked her out on a date?
(a) The apartment the family lives in
(b) Her lack of money
(c) Her Japanese ancestry
(d) Papa's behavior
2. Who does Jeanne go to more and more when she needs comfort?
(a) Kiyo and Ryan
(c) Woody and his wife
3. What is Jeanne named during her senior year?
(a) State baton twirling champion
(b) Carnival queen
(d) Student of the month
4. Who is Woody's wife?
5. In 1942, the Supreme Court upholds the evacuation of Japanese-Americans due to what reason?
(a) Japanese American protection
(b) German internment camps
(c) Wartime necessity
(d) Japanese spying
Short Answer Questions
1. Papa would be angry if Jeanne dated ________.
2. Who is the first of the family to leave?
3. Jeanne's family moves closer to what in the camp?
4. How long after she leaves does Jeanne return to Manzanar?
5. By the end of 1944, about how many people are left at Manzanar?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the Loyalty Oath, what does the camp become like?
2. What does Papa want to do after they leave Manzanar? How does he think he will accomplish this?
3. Where does Jeanne find acceptance? Where does she not find acceptance? Who does she become friends with?
4. What does Woody realize about Papa after his visit to Papa's family?
5. What does Jeanne find when she visits Manzanar? How does this make her feel?
6. What three cases go to the Supreme Court? What are the decisions on them?
7. How does Jeanne feel about leaving the camp? What does she fear?
8. What does Jeanne fear will be the family's reception in Los Angeles? What it is actually like? How to people react to Jeanne and her family?
9. What activities does Jeanne try? How does she feel about each?
10. How do Mama, Papa, and the others in the camp react to the possibility of leaving the camp? What makes staying in the camp impossible?
This section contains 1,490 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)