|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeanne's return to school and outside life like?
2. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
(a) A reason to be filled with shame
(b) A great part of her history
(c) A rally cry to change the laws
(d) Something to talk to others about
3. Who is Jeanne's oldest sister?
4. Jeanne is chosen as ________ in high school.
(a) Prom queen
(b) Lead baton twirler
(d) Homecoming queen
5. With whom does Jeanne make friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeanne goes to the first campground when she is in what grade?
2. Who tells Woody that he looks like his father?
3. Who does Jeanne go to more and more when she needs comfort?
4. Where does Woody go?
5. What ends all hope for staying at Manzanar?
Short Essay Questions
1. As she ages, how does Jeanne feel about Manzanar? How does she deal with her time there?
2. After the Loyalty Oath, what does the camp become like?
3. How does Jeanne feel about leaving the camp? What does she fear?
4. How do Papa's family react to Woody's visit? What do they show him?
5. What is Jeanne's recurring dream? Why does this dream not come true for Jeanne?
6. What does Jeanne fear will be the family's reception in Los Angeles? What it is actually like? How to people react to Jeanne and her family?
7. What small freedoms are the people in the camp allowed as time passes? How does Jeanne feel about this?
8. How does Jeanne's relationship with her father change? Who does she turn to?
9. How does Papa change after the Loyalty Oath?
10. Who are the first people in Jeanne's family to leave the camp? Where do the members of her family go?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)