|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first of the family to leave?
(a) Granny and Kiyo
(b) Eleanor, Shig and their baby son
(c) Woody and his wife
(d) Mama, Papa and Jeanne
2. At what lessons does Jeanne succeed?
(c) Baton twirling
3. What grade does Jeanne enter in Los Angeles?
4. Jeanne feels sorry for the teacher of which lessons?
(a) Baton twirling
5. To what city does Eleanor move?
(d) San Diego
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of 1944, about how many people are left at Manzanar?
2. Where does Jeanne complete her senior year of high school?
3. How does Jeanne's family react to the news that the camps are closing?
4. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
5. Why can't Jeanne participate in the odori lessons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the first people in Jeanne's family to leave the camp? Where do the members of her family go?
2. What activities does Jeanne try? How does she feel about each?
3. After the Loyalty Oath, what does the camp become like?
4. What small freedoms are the people in the camp allowed as time passes? How does Jeanne feel about this?
5. What is the trip back to Los Angeles like for Jeanne's family? Why?
6. What happens to Jeanne during her senior year of high school? What adds to Jeanne's differentness in the circumstance?
7. What does Woody realize about Papa after his visit to Papa's family?
8. What does Jeanne find when she visits Manzanar? How does this make her feel?
9. Where does Jeanne find acceptance? Where does she not find acceptance? Who does she become friends with?
10. What is Jeanne's recurring dream? Why does this dream not come true for Jeanne?
This section contains 1,416 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)