|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Woody that he looks like his father?
(a) Aunt Lee
(b) Aunt Toyo
(c) Aunt Chizu
(d) Uncle Ko
2. What would Jeanne be horrified about if anyone asked her out on a date?
(a) Papa's behavior
(b) Her Japanese ancestry
(c) The apartment the family lives in
(d) Her lack of money
3. What does Jeanne explore that her father is against?
4. What does Papa want to build?
(a) A housing project
(b) A Japanese civil rights organization
(c) A better bond with Jeanne
(d) A boat
5. How do Jeanne and her family deal with the memories of Manzanar?
(a) They don't talk about Manzanar
(b) They discuss their experiences at family gatherings
(c) They write about their experiences in a family journal
(d) They go to therapy
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Papa decide that the family is going to travel back to Los Angeles?
2. Who needs to be escorted to the train station to protect them from the crowds?
3. Where does the family find housing?
4. What closes permanently in July of 1945?
5. Where does Woody go?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)