|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who breaks the dam of Jeanne's memories about Manzanar?
(a) A camp official
(c) Jeanne's husband
(d) A Caucasian photographer from the camps
2. How do Jeanne and her family deal with the memories of Manzanar?
(a) They discuss their experiences at family gatherings
(b) They go to therapy
(c) They write about their experiences in a family journal
(d) They don't talk about Manzanar
3. Jeanne feels sorry for the teacher of which lessons?
(d) Baton twirling
4. What does Jeanne fear as the camps close?
(a) The future
(b) Living on the East Coast
(c) Leaving her friends
(d) Having to stay at the camp
5. What date does the government set for final closure of the camp?
(a) June 21
(b) April 15
(c) December 1
(d) October 31
Short Answer Questions
1. Papa would be angry if Jeanne dated ________.
2. Jeanne's family moves closer to what in the camp?
3. Why is there a housing shortage on the West Coast?
4. Jeanne is chosen as ________ in high school.
5. By the end of 1944, about how many people are left at Manzanar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What three cases go to the Supreme Court? What are the decisions on them?
2. What small freedoms are the people in the camp allowed as time passes? How does Jeanne feel about this?
3. How do Papa's family react to Woody's visit? What do they show him?
4. Where does Jeanne find acceptance? Where does she not find acceptance? Who does she become friends with?
5. What do Jeanne and her father wait for at the firebreak? What does Mama tell them?
6. After the Loyalty Oath, what does the camp become like?
7. What does Woody realize about Papa after his visit to Papa's family?
8. How do Jeanne and her family feel as Woody leaves for the Army? How do others in the camp feel as the men leave?
9. What activities does Jeanne try? How does she feel about each?
10. What is Jeanne's reaction to the outside world? What double impulse does she have?
This section contains 1,490 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)