|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeanne and her father are in the firebreak waiting for what?
(a) The birth of Eleanor's child
(b) The opening of the main gate
(c) Woody to return to the camp from prison
(d) The end of Mama's surgery
2. What hobby does Jeanne try that she comes to believe is a horrible abuse of the body?
3. What is Jeanne named during her senior year?
(a) State baton twirling champion
(b) Carnival queen
(d) Student of the month
4. What would Jeanne be horrified about if anyone asked her out on a date?
(a) The apartment the family lives in
(b) Her Japanese ancestry
(c) Her lack of money
(d) Papa's behavior
5. Who needs to be escorted to the train station to protect them from the crowds?
(a) Kiyo and Granny
(b) May and her family
(c) Woody's wife and children
(d) Jeanne and her parents
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manzanar mean in Spanish?
2. Where does Papa lease land?
3. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
4. What does Papa sketch?
5. What helps alleviate the overcrowding in the camp?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)