|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jeanne find that she is accepted?
(a) Dating activities
(b) Peer activities
(c) Academic activities
(d) Social activities
2. Jeanne becomes the first person in her family to _________.
(a) Get a divorce
(b) Get married to a Caucasian
(c) Graduate from college
(d) Have twins
3. Why is there a housing shortage on the West Coast?
(a) Japanese American houses are burned after the evacuation
(b) Most of the available land is already used up
(c) Many houses are bombed
(d) People move there to help with the war effort
4. Who is Jeanne's oldest sister?
5. What does the experience of visiting the family show Woody?
(a) That he is proud of his father
(b) That Woody belongs in Japan
(c) That his father lied about his family
(d) That his family in America is nothing like his family in Japan
Short Answer Questions
1. What date does the government set for final closure of the camp?
2. Which organization does Jeanne try to join but is refused membership?
3. Where does Jeanne complete her senior year of high school?
4. What closes permanently in July of 1945?
5. What is Jeanne's return to school and outside life like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What activities does Jeanne try? How does she feel about each?
2. What does Jeanne find when she visits Manzanar? How does this make her feel?
3. How do Papa's family react to Woody's visit? What do they show him?
4. How does Papa change after the Loyalty Oath?
5. What does Woody realize about Papa after his visit to Papa's family?
6. What happens to Jeanne during her senior year of high school? What adds to Jeanne's differentness in the circumstance?
7. How does Jeanne's relationship with her father change? Who does she turn to?
8. What is the trip back to Los Angeles like for Jeanne's family? Why?
9. Who are the first people in Jeanne's family to leave the camp? Where do the members of her family go?
10. Where does Jeanne find acceptance? Where does she not find acceptance? Who does she become friends with?
This section contains 1,444 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)