|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Papa's family died in the bombing of Hiroshima?
2. With whom does Jeanne make friends?
3. What does Manzanar mean in Spanish?
(a) Cold wind
(b) Windswept mountain
(c) Apple orchard
(d) Green valley
4. What grade does Jeanne enter in Los Angeles?
5. To what city does Eleanor move?
(c) San Diego
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeanne goes to the first campground when she is in what grade?
2. Who is Jeanne close to in her younger years?
3. What does the experience of visiting the family show Woody?
4. How long after she leaves does Jeanne return to Manzanar?
5. What helps alleviate the overcrowding in the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jeanne's reaction to the outside world? What double impulse does she have?
2. What do Jeanne and her father wait for at the firebreak? What does Mama tell them?
3. What small freedoms are the people in the camp allowed as time passes? How does Jeanne feel about this?
4. How does Papa change after the Loyalty Oath?
5. How do Jeanne and her family feel as Woody leaves for the Army? How do others in the camp feel as the men leave?
6. What happens to Jeanne during her senior year of high school? What adds to Jeanne's differentness in the circumstance?
7. What does Jeanne fear will be the family's reception in Los Angeles? What it is actually like? How to people react to Jeanne and her family?
8. What is the trip back to Los Angeles like for Jeanne's family? Why?
9. As she ages, how does Jeanne feel about Manzanar? How does she deal with her time there?
10. Where does Jeanne find acceptance? Where does she not find acceptance? Who does she become friends with?
This section contains 1,387 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)