|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what lessons does Jeanne succeed?
(a) Baton twirling
2. What hobby does Jeanne try that she comes to believe is a horrible abuse of the body?
3. What is the greatest difficulty that the family faces in L.A.?
(a) Jeanne getting into school
(b) Finding their way around town
(c) Getting their possessions out of storage
(d) Finding somewhere to live
4. What does the experience of visiting the family show Woody?
(a) That his father lied about his family
(b) That Woody belongs in Japan
(c) That he is proud of his father
(d) That his family in America is nothing like his family in Japan
5. Who is Jeanne close to in her younger years?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeanne's family react to the news that the camps are closing?
2. How many rooms does the family's new unit have?
3. With whom does Jeanne make friends?
4. What does Mama announce to Papa and Jeanne?
5. What does Jeanne fear as the camps close?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the Loyalty Oath, what does the camp become like?
2. What happens to Jeanne during her senior year of high school? What adds to Jeanne's differentness in the circumstance?
3. How does Papa change after the Loyalty Oath?
4. As she ages, how does Jeanne feel about Manzanar? How does she deal with her time there?
5. What does Jeanne fear will be the family's reception in Los Angeles? What it is actually like? How to people react to Jeanne and her family?
6. How do Mama, Papa, and the others in the camp react to the possibility of leaving the camp? What makes staying in the camp impossible?
7. What does Woody realize about Papa after his visit to Papa's family?
8. How does Jeanne feel about leaving the camp? What does she fear?
9. Who are the first people in Jeanne's family to leave the camp? Where do the members of her family go?
10. What does Jeanne find when she visits Manzanar? How does this make her feel?
This section contains 1,268 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)