|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms does the family's new unit have?
2. With whom does Jeanne make friends?
3. Jeanne's family moves closer to what in the camp?
(a) The hospital
(b) The reservoir shack
(c) The main gate
(d) The mess hall
4. What is the 442nd Combat Regiment?
(a) An all Japanese unit
(b) An all California unit
(c) A front line unit in Japan
(d) A specialized naval unit
5. Who is Jeanne's oldest sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Woody serve in the military?
2. What hobby does Papa begin to do?
3. What worries Papa after the bombing of Hiroshima?
4. To what area does most of the family move?
5. What closes permanently in July of 1945?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeanne fear will be the family's reception in Los Angeles? What it is actually like? How to people react to Jeanne and her family?
2. What do Jeanne and her father wait for at the firebreak? What does Mama tell them?
3. What does Woody realize about Papa after his visit to Papa's family?
4. How does Jeanne's relationship with her father change? Who does she turn to?
5. Where does Jeanne find acceptance? Where does she not find acceptance? Who does she become friends with?
6. How does Jeanne feel about leaving the camp? What does she fear?
7. What small freedoms are the people in the camp allowed as time passes? How does Jeanne feel about this?
8. What does Papa want to do after they leave Manzanar? How does he think he will accomplish this?
9. How do Jeanne and her family feel as Woody leaves for the Army? How do others in the camp feel as the men leave?
10. What happens to Jeanne during her senior year of high school? What adds to Jeanne's differentness in the circumstance?
This section contains 1,362 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)