|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jeanne close to in her younger years?
2. What does Jeanne fear as the camps close?
(a) Living on the East Coast
(b) Leaving her friends
(c) The future
(d) Having to stay at the camp
3. What is Jeanne named during her senior year?
(a) Carnival queen
(b) Student of the month
(c) State baton twirling champion
4. What is the 442nd Combat Regiment?
(a) An all California unit
(b) An all Japanese unit
(c) A front line unit in Japan
(d) A specialized naval unit
5. What does Papa grow on the land he leases?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Supreme Court vote that loyal citizens cannot be detained against their will by the government?
2. Why can't Jeanne participate in the odori lessons?
3. Who needs to be escorted to the train station to protect them from the crowds?
4. What is the greatest difficulty that the family faces in L.A.?
5. What hobby does Jeanne try that she comes to believe is a horrible abuse of the body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jeanne's recurring dream? Why does this dream not come true for Jeanne?
2. How does Papa change after the Loyalty Oath?
3. What small freedoms are the people in the camp allowed as time passes? How does Jeanne feel about this?
4. How do Mama, Papa, and the others in the camp react to the possibility of leaving the camp? What makes staying in the camp impossible?
5. Who are the first people in Jeanne's family to leave the camp? Where do the members of her family go?
6. How do Jeanne and her family feel as Woody leaves for the Army? How do others in the camp feel as the men leave?
7. What three cases go to the Supreme Court? What are the decisions on them?
8. How does Jeanne's relationship with her father change? Who does she turn to?
9. How do Papa's family react to Woody's visit? What do they show him?
10. What is Jeanne's reaction to the outside world? What double impulse does she have?
This section contains 1,291 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)