|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Woody go?
(a) San Francisco
(b) 442nd Combat Regiment
(d) Terminal Island
2. Where does Papa lease land?
(a) San Lucia
(b) Santa Clara Valley
3. Who is Woody's wife?
4. Who tells Woody that he looks like his father?
(a) Aunt Toyo
(b) Uncle Ko
(c) Aunt Lee
(d) Aunt Chizu
5. What date does the government set for final closure of the camp?
(a) April 15
(b) December 1
(c) October 31
(d) June 21
6. What does Manzanar mean in Spanish?
(a) Green valley
(b) Cold wind
(c) Apple orchard
(d) Windswept mountain
7. Why can't Jeanne participate in the odori lessons?
(a) She is too tall
(b) She thinks it is too Japanese
(c) Her father doesn't want her too
(d) She doesn't speak Japanese
8. What does Jeanne fear as the camps close?
(a) Living on the East Coast
(b) Having to stay at the camp
(c) Leaving her friends
(d) The future
9. Papa would be angry if Jeanne dated ________.
(a) An older man
(b) An Asian
(c) A "No, No" Japanese
(d) A Caucasian
10. What reaction does Jeanne and her family get from others?
11. What hobby does Papa begin to do?
(a) Weight lifting
(d) Carving furniture
12. When Jeanne goes to Manzanar, she find everything ________.
(b) Restored to what it was like when they arrived
(c) Exactly as they had left it
(d) Run down
13. At what lessons does Jeanne succeed?
(b) Baton twirling
14. What grade does Jeanne enter in Los Angeles?
15. How many of Papa's family died in the bombing of Hiroshima?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what area does most of the family move?
2. With whom does Jeanne make friends?
3. What does Mama announce to Papa and Jeanne?
4. What closes permanently in July of 1945?
5. How do Jeanne and her family deal with the memories of Manzanar?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)