|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jeanne find that she is accepted?
(a) Academic activities
(b) Dating activities
(c) Social activities
(d) Peer activities
2. Jeanne and her father are in the firebreak waiting for what?
(a) The opening of the main gate
(b) The end of Mama's surgery
(c) Woody to return to the camp from prison
(d) The birth of Eleanor's child
3. Who is the first of the family to leave?
(a) Granny and Kiyo
(b) Mama, Papa and Jeanne
(c) Eleanor, Shig and their baby son
(d) Woody and his wife
4. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
(a) A reason to be filled with shame
(b) Something to talk to others about
(c) A great part of her history
(d) A rally cry to change the laws
5. How many members of the family go to Los Angeles?
6. What would Jeanne be horrified about if anyone asked her out on a date?
(a) Papa's behavior
(b) Her lack of money
(c) Her Japanese ancestry
(d) The apartment the family lives in
7. What reaction does Jeanne and her family get from others?
8. When Jeanne goes to Manzanar, she find everything ________.
(a) Run down
(c) Restored to what it was like when they arrived
(d) Exactly as they had left it
9. To what city does Eleanor move?
(c) San Diego
10. What date does the government set for final closure of the camp?
(a) June 21
(b) October 31
(c) December 1
(d) April 15
11. Jeanne feels sorry for the teacher of which lessons?
(b) Baton twirling
12. What does Mama announce to Papa and Jeanne?
(a) Woody has been killed
(b) Eleanor has a baby boy
(c) The camp is closing
(d) The United States has defeated Japan
13. Jeanne is chosen as ________ in high school.
(a) Homecoming queen
(b) Lead baton twirler
(c) Prom queen
14. What does Manzanar mean in Spanish?
(a) Cold wind
(b) Green valley
(c) Apple orchard
(d) Windswept mountain
15. How long after she leaves does Jeanne return to Manzanar?
(a) Fifteen years
(b) 30 years
(c) 5 years
(d) Twelve months
Short Answer Questions
1. To what area does most of the family move?
2. How does Jeanne's family react to the news that the camps are closing?
3. Where does Papa lease land?
4. What grade does Jeanne enter in Los Angeles?
5. Why did the family erect a gravestone with Papa's name on it?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)