|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what area does most of the family move?
(c) The East Coast
(d) The South
2. What does the experience of visiting the family show Woody?
(a) That his family in America is nothing like his family in Japan
(b) That he is proud of his father
(c) That Woody belongs in Japan
(d) That his father lied about his family
3. How many rooms does the family's new unit have?
4. What worries Papa after the bombing of Hiroshima?
(a) He worries that he will be drafted into the military
(b) He worries about having to stay in the camp
(c) He fears all of his family is lost
(d) He fears that Japan will retaliate
5. What is Jeanne's return to school and outside life like?
6. Who breaks the dam of Jeanne's memories about Manzanar?
(a) Jeanne's husband
(b) A Caucasian photographer from the camps
(d) A camp official
7. What grade does Jeanne enter in Los Angeles?
8. What does Papa grow on the land he leases?
9. What hobby does Papa begin to do?
(a) Weight lifting
(b) Carving furniture
10. What is the greatest difficulty that the family faces in L.A.?
(a) Finding somewhere to live
(b) Jeanne getting into school
(c) Getting their possessions out of storage
(d) Finding their way around town
11. Jeanne and her father are in the firebreak waiting for what?
(a) The birth of Eleanor's child
(b) The opening of the main gate
(c) Woody to return to the camp from prison
(d) The end of Mama's surgery
12. Where does Papa lease land?
(a) Santa Clara Valley
(c) San Lucia
13. What does Jeanne explore that her father is against?
14. How long after she leaves does Jeanne return to Manzanar?
(a) Fifteen years
(b) 5 years
(c) Twelve months
(d) 30 years
15. Where does the family find housing?
(a) A trailer
(b) An apartment
(c) A house
(d) A barn
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Woody serve in the military?
2. What reaction does Jeanne and her family get from others?
3. Jeanne goes to the first campground when she is in what grade?
4. What date does the government set for final closure of the camp?
5. Papa would be angry if Jeanne dated ________.
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)