|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Papa lease land?
(a) San Lucia
(b) Santa Clara Valley
2. What hobby does Papa begin to do?
(b) Carving furniture
(d) Weight lifting
3. What worries Papa after the bombing of Hiroshima?
(a) He worries that he will be drafted into the military
(b) He fears that Japan will retaliate
(c) He worries about having to stay in the camp
(d) He fears all of his family is lost
4. Jeanne goes to the first campground when she is in what grade?
5. Jeanne and her father are in the firebreak waiting for what?
(a) The opening of the main gate
(b) Woody to return to the camp from prison
(c) The end of Mama's surgery
(d) The birth of Eleanor's child
6. Who breaks the dam of Jeanne's memories about Manzanar?
(a) A camp official
(c) Jeanne's husband
(d) A Caucasian photographer from the camps
7. Who is Jeanne's oldest sister?
8. What is the greatest difficulty that the family faces in L.A.?
(a) Getting their possessions out of storage
(b) Jeanne getting into school
(c) Finding somewhere to live
(d) Finding their way around town
9. What is the 442nd Combat Regiment?
(a) An all Japanese unit
(b) An all California unit
(c) A specialized naval unit
(d) A front line unit in Japan
10. Where does the family find housing?
(a) An apartment
(b) A trailer
(c) A barn
(d) A house
11. Why did the family erect a gravestone with Papa's name on it?
(a) They do this for anyone who leaves the country.
(b) They disown him.
(c) They are told he died in a fishing accident.
(d) They hadn't heard from him and do not know if he iss still alive.
12. What would Jeanne be horrified about if anyone asked her out on a date?
(a) Her lack of money
(b) Papa's behavior
(c) Her Japanese ancestry
(d) The apartment the family lives in
13. What does the experience of visiting the family show Woody?
(a) That Woody belongs in Japan
(b) That his father lied about his family
(c) That his family in America is nothing like his family in Japan
(d) That he is proud of his father
14. How many members of the family go to Los Angeles?
15. How long after she leaves does Jeanne return to Manzanar?
(a) 30 years
(b) 5 years
(c) Fifteen years
(d) Twelve months
Short Answer Questions
1. What closes permanently in July of 1945?
2. How does Papa decide that the family is going to travel back to Los Angeles?
3. To what city does Eleanor move?
4. Who needs to be escorted to the train station to protect them from the crowds?
5. Who is the first of the family to leave?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)