|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade does Jeanne enter in Los Angeles?
2. Where does Woody go?
(a) Terminal Island
(b) 442nd Combat Regiment
(d) San Francisco
3. What helps alleviate the overcrowding in the camp?
(a) The influenza epidemic
(b) The addition of five more camps for the detainees
(c) The Loyalty Oath
(d) The expansion of the camp by one mile
4. To what city does Eleanor move?
(c) San Diego
5. What is the 442nd Combat Regiment?
(a) A front line unit in Japan
(b) An all Japanese unit
(c) An all California unit
(d) A specialized naval unit
6. How does Papa decide that the family is going to travel back to Los Angeles?
(a) By train
(b) By plane
(c) By car
(d) By bus
7. Where does Jeanne find that she is accepted?
(a) Peer activities
(b) Academic activities
(c) Social activities
(d) Dating activities
8. With whom does Jeanne make friends?
9. Why did the family erect a gravestone with Papa's name on it?
(a) They hadn't heard from him and do not know if he iss still alive.
(b) They do this for anyone who leaves the country.
(c) They are told he died in a fishing accident.
(d) They disown him.
10. When does the Supreme Court vote that loyal citizens cannot be detained against their will by the government?
11. Jeanne is chosen as ________ in high school.
(a) Lead baton twirler
(b) Homecoming queen
(c) Prom queen
12. Where does Woody serve in the military?
13. Who is the first of the family to leave?
(a) Granny and Kiyo
(b) Mama, Papa and Jeanne
(c) Eleanor, Shig and their baby son
(d) Woody and his wife
14. What is Jeanne named during her senior year?
(a) State baton twirling champion
(c) Carnival queen
(d) Student of the month
15. What hobby does Jeanne try that she comes to believe is a horrible abuse of the body?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many members of the family go to Los Angeles?
2. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
3. What would Jeanne be horrified about if anyone asked her out on a date?
4. To what area does most of the family move?
5. Jeanne becomes the first person in her family to _________.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)