|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeanne named during her senior year?
(a) State baton twirling champion
(b) Carnival queen
(c) Student of the month
2. What does Jeanne fear as the camps close?
(a) The future
(b) Leaving her friends
(c) Living on the East Coast
(d) Having to stay at the camp
3. What hobby does Papa begin to do?
(c) Weight lifting
(d) Carving furniture
4. Which organization does Jeanne try to join but is refused membership?
(a) Girl Scouts
(c) National Honor Society
5. What ends all hope for staying at Manzanar?
(a) The water main breaks
(b) Bombing of Hiroshima
(c) The assignation of the General in charge of the camps
(d) Fire in the camps
6. Jeanne goes to the first campground when she is in what grade?
7. Who is Jeanne's oldest sister?
8. When Jeanne goes to Manzanar, she find everything ________.
(a) Exactly as they had left it
(c) Restored to what it was like when they arrived
(d) Run down
9. Who tells Woody that he looks like his father?
(a) Uncle Ko
(b) Aunt Toyo
(c) Aunt Lee
(d) Aunt Chizu
10. What does Papa grow on the land he leases?
11. How do Jeanne and her family deal with the memories of Manzanar?
(a) They write about their experiences in a family journal
(b) They don't talk about Manzanar
(c) They go to therapy
(d) They discuss their experiences at family gatherings
12. What closes permanently in July of 1945?
(a) The Manzanar camp
(b) The draft for Japanese American soldiers
(c) The schools at Manzanar
(d) The mess hall at Manzanar
13. What hobby does Jeanne try that she comes to believe is a horrible abuse of the body?
14. What does Papa sketch?
(a) The orchard
(b) His children
(c) The mountains
(d) The barbed wire fence
15. How many members of the family go to Los Angeles?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Woody's wife?
2. To what city does Eleanor move?
3. Where does Jeanne complete her senior year of high school?
4. Who is the first of the family to leave?
5. What date does the government set for final closure of the camp?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)