|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Papa would be angry if Jeanne dated ________.
(a) An Asian
(b) An older man
(c) A Caucasian
(d) A "No, No" Japanese
2. Where does Woody go?
(a) Terminal Island
(c) 442nd Combat Regiment
(d) San Francisco
3. What is Jeanne reminded of when Woody leaves?
(a) When Papa went to fish the last time
(b) When they left Ocean Park
(c) When they first arrived at the camp
(d) When they had to sell their belongings
4. What worries Papa after the bombing of Hiroshima?
(a) He fears all of his family is lost
(b) He fears that Japan will retaliate
(c) He worries about having to stay in the camp
(d) He worries that he will be drafted into the military
5. At what lessons does Jeanne succeed?
(d) Baton twirling
6. Where does Jeanne complete her senior year of high school?
(a) Palm Springs
(b) San Jose
(c) Los Angeles
(d) San Diego
7. What does Papa grow on the land he leases?
8. To what area does most of the family move?
(a) The South
(d) The East Coast
9. What does Jeanne fear as the camps close?
(a) The future
(b) Having to stay at the camp
(c) Leaving her friends
(d) Living on the East Coast
10. How do Jeanne and her family deal with the memories of Manzanar?
(a) They go to therapy
(b) They write about their experiences in a family journal
(c) They don't talk about Manzanar
(d) They discuss their experiences at family gatherings
11. What would Jeanne be horrified about if anyone asked her out on a date?
(a) Her Japanese ancestry
(b) Papa's behavior
(c) Her lack of money
(d) The apartment the family lives in
12. What does Papa sketch?
(a) His children
(b) The orchard
(c) The mountains
(d) The barbed wire fence
13. What hobby does Jeanne try that she comes to believe is a horrible abuse of the body?
14. Who is Woody's wife?
15. What does Papa want to build?
(a) A housing project
(b) A Japanese civil rights organization
(c) A boat
(d) A better bond with Jeanne
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
2. What does Woody bring as a gift to his father's family?
3. Jeanne's family moves closer to what in the camp?
4. What does the experience of visiting the family show Woody?
5. Why is there a housing shortage on the West Coast?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)