|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeanne goes to the first campground when she is in what grade?
2. How many members of the family go to Los Angeles?
3. When does the Supreme Court vote that loyal citizens cannot be detained against their will by the government?
4. What does Mama announce to Papa and Jeanne?
(a) The United States has defeated Japan
(b) Eleanor has a baby boy
(c) Woody has been killed
(d) The camp is closing
5. What is Jeanne's return to school and outside life like?
6. How does Papa decide that the family is going to travel back to Los Angeles?
(a) By train
(b) By bus
(c) By plane
(d) By car
7. To what area does most of the family move?
(a) The South
(c) The East Coast
8. Who breaks the dam of Jeanne's memories about Manzanar?
(a) Jeanne's husband
(b) A Caucasian photographer from the camps
(d) A camp official
9. When Jeanne goes to Manzanar, she find everything ________.
(a) Run down
(c) Restored to what it was like when they arrived
(d) Exactly as they had left it
10. What is Jeanne reminded of when Woody leaves?
(a) When they left Ocean Park
(b) When Papa went to fish the last time
(c) When they had to sell their belongings
(d) When they first arrived at the camp
11. Where does Papa lease land?
(a) Santa Clara Valley
(d) San Lucia
12. What does the experience of visiting the family show Woody?
(a) That he is proud of his father
(b) That his family in America is nothing like his family in Japan
(c) That his father lied about his family
(d) That Woody belongs in Japan
13. What is the 442nd Combat Regiment?
(a) An all Japanese unit
(b) A front line unit in Japan
(c) An all California unit
(d) A specialized naval unit
14. Where does Woody go?
(b) 442nd Combat Regiment
(c) San Francisco
(d) Terminal Island
15. Papa would be angry if Jeanne dated ________.
(a) A "No, No" Japanese
(b) An older man
(c) An Asian
(d) A Caucasian
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1942, the Supreme Court upholds the evacuation of Japanese-Americans due to what reason?
2. What hobby does Papa begin to do?
3. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
4. At what lessons does Jeanne succeed?
5. Why is there a housing shortage on the West Coast?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)