|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jeanne's oldest sister?
2. What is Jeanne reminded of when Woody leaves?
(a) When Papa went to fish the last time
(b) When they had to sell their belongings
(c) When they first arrived at the camp
(d) When they left Ocean Park
3. Jeanne goes to the first campground when she is in what grade?
4. What does Manzanar mean in Spanish?
(a) Green valley
(b) Windswept mountain
(c) Cold wind
(d) Apple orchard
5. In 1942, the Supreme Court upholds the evacuation of Japanese-Americans due to what reason?
(a) Japanese spying
(b) German internment camps
(c) Wartime necessity
(d) Japanese American protection
6. When does the Supreme Court vote that loyal citizens cannot be detained against their will by the government?
7. What does Woody bring as a gift to his father's family?
(a) A radio
8. How many members of the family go to Los Angeles?
9. Where does Woody serve in the military?
10. What does Mama announce to Papa and Jeanne?
(a) Woody has been killed
(b) The United States has defeated Japan
(c) Eleanor has a baby boy
(d) The camp is closing
11. Jeanne's family moves closer to what in the camp?
(a) The main gate
(b) The mess hall
(c) The hospital
(d) The reservoir shack
12. What is the 442nd Combat Regiment?
(a) An all California unit
(b) A specialized naval unit
(c) A front line unit in Japan
(d) An all Japanese unit
13. How long after she leaves does Jeanne return to Manzanar?
(a) 30 years
(b) Fifteen years
(c) 5 years
(d) Twelve months
14. Papa would be angry if Jeanne dated ________.
(a) An older man
(b) An Asian
(c) A "No, No" Japanese
(d) A Caucasian
15. Who does Jeanne go to more and more when she needs comfort?
(c) Woody and his wife
(d) Kiyo and Ryan
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Woody go?
2. What does Jeanne explore that her father is against?
3. What closes permanently in July of 1945?
4. How does Papa decide that the family is going to travel back to Los Angeles?
5. Why is there a housing shortage on the West Coast?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)