|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who breaks the dam of Jeanne's memories about Manzanar?
(a) A Caucasian photographer from the camps
(c) Jeanne's husband
(d) A camp official
2. What ends all hope for staying at Manzanar?
(a) The assignation of the General in charge of the camps
(b) Bombing of Hiroshima
(c) Fire in the camps
(d) The water main breaks
3. What is the 442nd Combat Regiment?
(a) A front line unit in Japan
(b) An all California unit
(c) A specialized naval unit
(d) An all Japanese unit
4. Where does Woody serve in the military?
5. Who does Jeanne go to more and more when she needs comfort?
(a) Woody and his wife
(b) Kiyo and Ryan
6. Who tells Woody that he looks like his father?
(a) Aunt Chizu
(b) Aunt Lee
(c) Uncle Ko
(d) Aunt Toyo
7. What closes permanently in July of 1945?
(a) The schools at Manzanar
(b) The Manzanar camp
(c) The draft for Japanese American soldiers
(d) The mess hall at Manzanar
8. Jeanne goes to the first campground when she is in what grade?
9. What would Jeanne be horrified about if anyone asked her out on a date?
(a) Her Japanese ancestry
(b) Her lack of money
(c) The apartment the family lives in
(d) Papa's behavior
10. When does the Supreme Court vote that loyal citizens cannot be detained against their will by the government?
11. Where does Woody go?
(b) Terminal Island
(c) 442nd Combat Regiment
(d) San Francisco
12. Where does the family find housing?
(a) A barn
(b) An apartment
(c) A trailer
(d) A house
13. When Jeanne goes to Manzanar, she find everything ________.
(b) Restored to what it was like when they arrived
(c) Run down
(d) Exactly as they had left it
14. Who is Woody's wife?
15. What helps alleviate the overcrowding in the camp?
(a) The expansion of the camp by one mile
(b) The addition of five more camps for the detainees
(c) The Loyalty Oath
(d) The influenza epidemic
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa sketch?
2. Which organization does Jeanne try to join but is refused membership?
3. Jeanne becomes the first person in her family to _________.
4. Who is Jeanne close to in her younger years?
5. What grade does Jeanne enter in Los Angeles?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)