|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa sketch?
(a) The mountains
(b) The barbed wire fence
(c) The orchard
(d) His children
2. What grade does Jeanne enter in Los Angeles?
3. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
(a) Something to talk to others about
(b) A rally cry to change the laws
(c) A reason to be filled with shame
(d) A great part of her history
4. What is the 442nd Combat Regiment?
(a) An all California unit
(b) A specialized naval unit
(c) An all Japanese unit
(d) A front line unit in Japan
5. Where does Jeanne complete her senior year of high school?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) San Jose
(c) Palm Springs
(d) San Diego
6. What does Woody bring as a gift to his father's family?
(c) A radio
7. What hobby does Papa begin to do?
(b) Carving furniture
(d) Weight lifting
8. Where does Jeanne find that she is accepted?
(a) Social activities
(b) Dating activities
(c) Academic activities
(d) Peer activities
9. Papa would be angry if Jeanne dated ________.
(a) A Caucasian
(b) An older man
(c) An Asian
(d) A "No, No" Japanese
10. To what area does most of the family move?
(a) The South
(c) The East Coast
11. What does Manzanar mean in Spanish?
(a) Green valley
(b) Apple orchard
(c) Windswept mountain
(d) Cold wind
12. How do Jeanne and her family deal with the memories of Manzanar?
(a) They go to therapy
(b) They don't talk about Manzanar
(c) They discuss their experiences at family gatherings
(d) They write about their experiences in a family journal
13. Jeanne and her father are in the firebreak waiting for what?
(a) The birth of Eleanor's child
(b) The end of Mama's surgery
(c) Woody to return to the camp from prison
(d) The opening of the main gate
14. What is Jeanne's return to school and outside life like?
15. When does the Supreme Court vote that loyal citizens cannot be detained against their will by the government?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization does Jeanne try to join but is refused membership?
2. Where does Woody go?
3. Jeanne's family moves closer to what in the camp?
4. What does Papa want to build?
5. What closes permanently in July of 1945?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)