|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What closes permanently in July of 1945?
(a) The draft for Japanese American soldiers
(b) The schools at Manzanar
(c) The mess hall at Manzanar
(d) The Manzanar camp
2. What helps alleviate the overcrowding in the camp?
(a) The addition of five more camps for the detainees
(b) The influenza epidemic
(c) The Loyalty Oath
(d) The expansion of the camp by one mile
3. To what area does most of the family move?
(a) The South
(c) The East Coast
4. By the end of 1944, about how many people are left at Manzanar?
5. How long after she leaves does Jeanne return to Manzanar?
(a) Twelve months
(b) Fifteen years
(c) 30 years
(d) 5 years
6. Jeanne's family moves closer to what in the camp?
(a) The main gate
(b) The reservoir shack
(c) The mess hall
(d) The hospital
7. How many members of the family go to Los Angeles?
8. How does Papa decide that the family is going to travel back to Los Angeles?
(a) By plane
(b) By car
(c) By bus
(d) By train
9. Why can't Jeanne participate in the odori lessons?
(a) She is too tall
(b) She doesn't speak Japanese
(c) Her father doesn't want her too
(d) She thinks it is too Japanese
10. Who tells Woody that he looks like his father?
(a) Aunt Lee
(b) Aunt Toyo
(c) Aunt Chizu
(d) Uncle Ko
11. Who is Jeanne's oldest sister?
12. What does Jeanne fear as the camps close?
(a) Living on the East Coast
(b) The future
(c) Having to stay at the camp
(d) Leaving her friends
13. In 1942, the Supreme Court upholds the evacuation of Japanese-Americans due to what reason?
(a) Wartime necessity
(b) German internment camps
(c) Japanese American protection
(d) Japanese spying
14. Jeanne goes to the first campground when she is in what grade?
15. How does Jeanne's family react to the news that the camps are closing?
(a) They don't want to leave the camp
(b) They want the family to stay together
(c) They have mixed feelings about it
(d) They are excited to leave
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the 442nd Combat Regiment?
2. With whom does Jeanne make friends?
3. How many of Papa's family died in the bombing of Hiroshima?
4. What does Papa want to build?
5. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)