|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Woody's wife?
2. Who tells Woody that he looks like his father?
(a) Uncle Ko
(b) Aunt Toyo
(c) Aunt Lee
(d) Aunt Chizu
3. Who is the first of the family to leave?
(a) Granny and Kiyo
(b) Mama, Papa and Jeanne
(c) Eleanor, Shig and their baby son
(d) Woody and his wife
4. What helps alleviate the overcrowding in the camp?
(a) The addition of five more camps for the detainees
(b) The expansion of the camp by one mile
(c) The influenza epidemic
(d) The Loyalty Oath
5. When does the Supreme Court vote that loyal citizens cannot be detained against their will by the government?
6. What is the 442nd Combat Regiment?
(a) An all Japanese unit
(b) An all California unit
(c) A specialized naval unit
(d) A front line unit in Japan
7. Jeanne becomes the first person in her family to _________.
(a) Have twins
(b) Get married to a Caucasian
(c) Get a divorce
(d) Graduate from college
8. By the end of 1944, about how many people are left at Manzanar?
9. Where does the family find housing?
(a) A trailer
(b) A barn
(c) A house
(d) An apartment
10. What does Manzanar mean in Spanish?
(a) Green valley
(b) Cold wind
(c) Apple orchard
(d) Windswept mountain
11. Why did the family erect a gravestone with Papa's name on it?
(a) They do this for anyone who leaves the country.
(b) They hadn't heard from him and do not know if he iss still alive.
(c) They disown him.
(d) They are told he died in a fishing accident.
12. What would Jeanne be horrified about if anyone asked her out on a date?
(a) The apartment the family lives in
(b) Her Japanese ancestry
(c) Papa's behavior
(d) Her lack of money
13. With whom does Jeanne make friends?
14. What is Jeanne named during her senior year?
(a) State baton twirling champion
(c) Student of the month
(d) Carnival queen
15. What does Papa sketch?
(a) The barbed wire fence
(b) The orchard
(c) His children
(d) The mountains
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city does Eleanor move?
2. What does the experience of visiting the family show Woody?
3. What is Jeanne's return to school and outside life like?
4. What grade does Jeanne enter in Los Angeles?
5. When Jeanne goes to Manzanar, she find everything ________.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)