|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa grow on the land he leases?
2. Jeanne's family moves closer to what in the camp?
(a) The reservoir shack
(b) The mess hall
(c) The main gate
(d) The hospital
3. What is the 442nd Combat Regiment?
(a) A front line unit in Japan
(b) An all Japanese unit
(c) An all California unit
(d) A specialized naval unit
4. Papa would be angry if Jeanne dated ________.
(a) An Asian
(b) An older man
(c) A "No, No" Japanese
(d) A Caucasian
5. How many rooms does the family's new unit have?
6. How long after she leaves does Jeanne return to Manzanar?
(a) 5 years
(b) 30 years
(c) Twelve months
(d) Fifteen years
7. What worries Papa after the bombing of Hiroshima?
(a) He worries that he will be drafted into the military
(b) He fears that Japan will retaliate
(c) He fears all of his family is lost
(d) He worries about having to stay in the camp
8. How many members of the family go to Los Angeles?
9. Jeanne and her father are in the firebreak waiting for what?
(a) The opening of the main gate
(b) Woody to return to the camp from prison
(c) The end of Mama's surgery
(d) The birth of Eleanor's child
10. What grade does Jeanne enter in Los Angeles?
11. What does Woody bring as a gift to his father's family?
(d) A radio
12. What is Jeanne's return to school and outside life like?
13. When Jeanne goes to Manzanar, she find everything ________.
(a) Restored to what it was like when they arrived
(b) Exactly as they had left it
(c) Run down
14. What reaction does Jeanne and her family get from others?
15. How many of Papa's family died in the bombing of Hiroshima?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Woody go?
2. What ends all hope for staying at Manzanar?
3. By the end of 1944, about how many people are left at Manzanar?
4. Who is Jeanne close to in her younger years?
5. With whom does Jeanne make friends?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)