|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeanne reminded of when Woody leaves?
(a) When they had to sell their belongings
(b) When they first arrived at the camp
(c) When Papa went to fish the last time
(d) When they left Ocean Park
2. Who is Jeanne's oldest sister?
3. Who is Woody's wife?
4. To what area does most of the family move?
(c) The South
(d) The East Coast
5. Where does Woody go?
(a) San Francisco
(b) 442nd Combat Regiment
(c) Terminal Island
6. Where does Papa lease land?
(c) San Lucia
(d) Santa Clara Valley
7. At what lessons does Jeanne succeed?
(a) Baton twirling
8. Who tells Woody that he looks like his father?
(a) Aunt Toyo
(b) Uncle Ko
(c) Aunt Lee
(d) Aunt Chizu
9. Where does Jeanne find that she is accepted?
(a) Academic activities
(b) Social activities
(c) Peer activities
(d) Dating activities
10. Jeanne becomes the first person in her family to _________.
(a) Get a divorce
(b) Have twins
(c) Graduate from college
(d) Get married to a Caucasian
11. What hobby does Papa begin to do?
(a) Carving furniture
(b) Weight lifting
12. Jeanne goes to the first campground when she is in what grade?
13. Where does Woody serve in the military?
14. What does Woody bring as a gift to his father's family?
(c) A radio
15. Where does Mama go to work?
(a) A hospital
(b) A fish cannery
(c) A doctor's office
(d) A school
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Papa decide that the family is going to travel back to Los Angeles?
2. What does Papa grow on the land he leases?
3. Who breaks the dam of Jeanne's memories about Manzanar?
4. What reaction does Jeanne and her family get from others?
5. What would Jeanne be horrified about if anyone asked her out on a date?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)