|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hobby does Jeanne try that she comes to believe is a horrible abuse of the body?
2. Why did the family erect a gravestone with Papa's name on it?
(a) They are told he died in a fishing accident.
(b) They disown him.
(c) They do this for anyone who leaves the country.
(d) They hadn't heard from him and do not know if he iss still alive.
3. When Jeanne goes to Manzanar, she find everything ________.
(a) Exactly as they had left it
(c) Run down
(d) Restored to what it was like when they arrived
4. Papa would be angry if Jeanne dated ________.
(a) A "No, No" Japanese
(b) A Caucasian
(c) An Asian
(d) An older man
5. What does Papa grow on the land he leases?
6. What reaction does Jeanne and her family get from others?
7. Who breaks the dam of Jeanne's memories about Manzanar?
(b) A camp official
(c) A Caucasian photographer from the camps
(d) Jeanne's husband
8. How many members of the family go to Los Angeles?
9. Where does Mama go to work?
(a) A doctor's office
(b) A hospital
(c) A school
(d) A fish cannery
10. Where does Jeanne complete her senior year of high school?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) Palm Springs
(c) San Diego
(d) San Jose
11. How long after she leaves does Jeanne return to Manzanar?
(a) 5 years
(b) Twelve months
(c) Fifteen years
(d) 30 years
12. Jeanne feels sorry for the teacher of which lessons?
(d) Baton twirling
13. How many of Papa's family died in the bombing of Hiroshima?
14. What does the experience of visiting the family show Woody?
(a) That his family in America is nothing like his family in Japan
(b) That his father lied about his family
(c) That Woody belongs in Japan
(d) That he is proud of his father
15. Who is Jeanne's oldest sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manzanar mean in Spanish?
2. What ends all hope for staying at Manzanar?
3. Jeanne's family moves closer to what in the camp?
4. How does Papa decide that the family is going to travel back to Los Angeles?
5. What does Papa sketch?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)