|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does Jeanne and her family get from others?
2. What is Jeanne named during her senior year?
(a) Student of the month
(b) State baton twirling champion
(d) Carnival queen
3. Who is Jeanne's oldest sister?
4. By the end of 1944, about how many people are left at Manzanar?
5. Papa would be angry if Jeanne dated ________.
(a) An older man
(b) A Caucasian
(c) An Asian
(d) A "No, No" Japanese
6. How many members of the family go to Los Angeles?
7. What is Jeanne's return to school and outside life like?
8. What does Papa sketch?
(a) The orchard
(b) His children
(c) The mountains
(d) The barbed wire fence
9. Where does Woody serve in the military?
10. Why did the family erect a gravestone with Papa's name on it?
(a) They hadn't heard from him and do not know if he iss still alive.
(b) They are told he died in a fishing accident.
(c) They do this for anyone who leaves the country.
(d) They disown him.
11. What is the greatest difficulty that the family faces in L.A.?
(a) Finding somewhere to live
(b) Finding their way around town
(c) Getting their possessions out of storage
(d) Jeanne getting into school
12. What does Jeanne explore that her father is against?
13. What closes permanently in July of 1945?
(a) The Manzanar camp
(b) The draft for Japanese American soldiers
(c) The schools at Manzanar
(d) The mess hall at Manzanar
14. Where does Woody go?
(b) Terminal Island
(c) San Francisco
(d) 442nd Combat Regiment
15. What grade does Jeanne enter in Los Angeles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeanne reminded of when Woody leaves?
2. What does Jeanne fear as the camps close?
3. Jeanne and her father are in the firebreak waiting for what?
4. How does Papa decide that the family is going to travel back to Los Angeles?
5. What is the 442nd Combat Regiment?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)