|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeanne named during her senior year?
(a) Student of the month
(c) Carnival queen
(d) State baton twirling champion
2. Who is Woody's wife?
3. Where does Jeanne find that she is accepted?
(a) Social activities
(b) Academic activities
(c) Dating activities
(d) Peer activities
4. How many members of the family go to Los Angeles?
5. What does Mama announce to Papa and Jeanne?
(a) The United States has defeated Japan
(b) Woody has been killed
(c) Eleanor has a baby boy
(d) The camp is closing
6. How long after she leaves does Jeanne return to Manzanar?
(a) Twelve months
(b) Fifteen years
(c) 5 years
(d) 30 years
7. What is Jeanne reminded of when Woody leaves?
(a) When they first arrived at the camp
(b) When they had to sell their belongings
(c) When they left Ocean Park
(d) When Papa went to fish the last time
8. What grade does Jeanne enter in Los Angeles?
9. Jeanne feels sorry for the teacher of which lessons?
(a) Baton twirling
10. How many of Papa's family died in the bombing of Hiroshima?
11. Jeanne's family moves closer to what in the camp?
(a) The reservoir shack
(b) The main gate
(c) The hospital
(d) The mess hall
12. How many rooms does the family's new unit have?
13. Where does Woody go?
(b) San Francisco
(c) 442nd Combat Regiment
(d) Terminal Island
14. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
(a) Something to talk to others about
(b) A rally cry to change the laws
(c) A great part of her history
(d) A reason to be filled with shame
15. What does Manzanar mean in Spanish?
(a) Apple orchard
(b) Cold wind
(c) Green valley
(d) Windswept mountain
Short Answer Questions
1. At what lessons does Jeanne succeed?
2. What reaction does Jeanne and her family get from others?
3. What ends all hope for staying at Manzanar?
4. Where does Papa lease land?
5. Jeanne becomes the first person in her family to _________.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)