|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Papa lease land?
(a) Santa Clara Valley
(c) San Lucia
2. What date does the government set for final closure of the camp?
(a) December 1
(b) October 31
(c) April 15
(d) June 21
3. What is Jeanne reminded of when Woody leaves?
(a) When they had to sell their belongings
(b) When Papa went to fish the last time
(c) When they left Ocean Park
(d) When they first arrived at the camp
4. To what city does Eleanor move?
(c) San Diego
5. Papa would be angry if Jeanne dated ________.
(a) A "No, No" Japanese
(b) A Caucasian
(c) An older man
(d) An Asian
6. What is the greatest difficulty that the family faces in L.A.?
(a) Finding their way around town
(b) Getting their possessions out of storage
(c) Jeanne getting into school
(d) Finding somewhere to live
7. What would Jeanne be horrified about if anyone asked her out on a date?
(a) Her lack of money
(b) The apartment the family lives in
(c) Her Japanese ancestry
(d) Papa's behavior
8. Jeanne feels sorry for the teacher of which lessons?
(b) Baton twirling
9. Who does Jeanne go to more and more when she needs comfort?
(b) Kiyo and Ryan
(d) Woody and his wife
10. Where does Woody serve in the military?
11. How many of Papa's family died in the bombing of Hiroshima?
12. When does the Supreme Court vote that loyal citizens cannot be detained against their will by the government?
13. Which organization does Jeanne try to join but is refused membership?
(a) National Honor Society
(d) Girl Scouts
14. Why did the family erect a gravestone with Papa's name on it?
(a) They disown him.
(b) They hadn't heard from him and do not know if he iss still alive.
(c) They are told he died in a fishing accident.
(d) They do this for anyone who leaves the country.
15. What hobby does Jeanne try that she comes to believe is a horrible abuse of the body?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeanne's family moves closer to what in the camp?
2. Jeanne becomes the first person in her family to _________.
3. Who needs to be escorted to the train station to protect them from the crowds?
4. What worries Papa after the bombing of Hiroshima?
5. What grade does Jeanne enter in Los Angeles?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)