|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
(a) A rally cry to change the laws
(b) A reason to be filled with shame
(c) A great part of her history
(d) Something to talk to others about
2. What closes permanently in July of 1945?
(a) The schools at Manzanar
(b) The Manzanar camp
(c) The draft for Japanese American soldiers
(d) The mess hall at Manzanar
3. What worries Papa after the bombing of Hiroshima?
(a) He worries that he will be drafted into the military
(b) He fears all of his family is lost
(c) He worries about having to stay in the camp
(d) He fears that Japan will retaliate
4. How many rooms does the family's new unit have?
5. Who is Jeanne close to in her younger years?
6. What does Woody bring as a gift to his father's family?
(c) A radio
7. Jeanne and her father are in the firebreak waiting for what?
(a) The end of Mama's surgery
(b) Woody to return to the camp from prison
(c) The birth of Eleanor's child
(d) The opening of the main gate
8. In 1942, the Supreme Court upholds the evacuation of Japanese-Americans due to what reason?
(a) Japanese spying
(b) Wartime necessity
(c) Japanese American protection
(d) German internment camps
9. Where does Papa lease land?
(c) Santa Clara Valley
(d) San Lucia
10. Where does Woody serve in the military?
11. Jeanne is chosen as ________ in high school.
(a) Lead baton twirler
(b) Prom queen
(d) Homecoming queen
12. What is the greatest difficulty that the family faces in L.A.?
(a) Finding their way around town
(b) Finding somewhere to live
(c) Jeanne getting into school
(d) Getting their possessions out of storage
13. What does Manzanar mean in Spanish?
(a) Cold wind
(b) Apple orchard
(c) Green valley
(d) Windswept mountain
14. How long after she leaves does Jeanne return to Manzanar?
(a) 5 years
(b) 30 years
(c) Twelve months
(d) Fifteen years
15. Who breaks the dam of Jeanne's memories about Manzanar?
(a) A Caucasian photographer from the camps
(b) A camp official
(c) Jeanne's husband
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeanne feels sorry for the teacher of which lessons?
2. How many of Papa's family died in the bombing of Hiroshima?
3. Where does Jeanne find that she is accepted?
4. Why is there a housing shortage on the West Coast?
5. Papa would be angry if Jeanne dated ________.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)