|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeanne perceive Manzanar?
(a) A rally cry to change the laws
(b) A reason to be filled with shame
(c) A great part of her history
(d) Something to talk to others about
2. Where does the family find housing?
(a) A trailer
(b) A house
(c) An apartment
(d) A barn
3. Why can't Jeanne participate in the odori lessons?
(a) Her father doesn't want her too
(b) She thinks it is too Japanese
(c) She is too tall
(d) She doesn't speak Japanese
4. What does Jeanne fear as the camps close?
(a) Leaving her friends
(b) Having to stay at the camp
(c) Living on the East Coast
(d) The future
5. What does Jeanne explore that her father is against?
6. Why did the family erect a gravestone with Papa's name on it?
(a) They disown him.
(b) They are told he died in a fishing accident.
(c) They do this for anyone who leaves the country.
(d) They hadn't heard from him and do not know if he iss still alive.
7. When Jeanne goes to Manzanar, she find everything ________.
(a) Exactly as they had left it
(c) Run down
(d) Restored to what it was like when they arrived
8. What is Jeanne's return to school and outside life like?
9. What helps alleviate the overcrowding in the camp?
(a) The Loyalty Oath
(b) The expansion of the camp by one mile
(c) The addition of five more camps for the detainees
(d) The influenza epidemic
10. In 1942, the Supreme Court upholds the evacuation of Japanese-Americans due to what reason?
(a) Wartime necessity
(b) German internment camps
(c) Japanese American protection
(d) Japanese spying
11. Jeanne becomes the first person in her family to _________.
(a) Graduate from college
(b) Get a divorce
(c) Get married to a Caucasian
(d) Have twins
12. Papa would be angry if Jeanne dated ________.
(a) An older man
(b) A "No, No" Japanese
(c) A Caucasian
(d) An Asian
13. What reaction does Jeanne and her family get from others?
14. How many members of the family go to Los Angeles?
15. Where does Mama go to work?
(a) A fish cannery
(b) A hospital
(c) A doctor's office
(d) A school
Short Answer Questions
1. Who needs to be escorted to the train station to protect them from the crowds?
2. Where does Papa lease land?
3. Who is Jeanne's oldest sister?
4. Who breaks the dam of Jeanne's memories about Manzanar?
5. Jeanne's family moves closer to what in the camp?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)