|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family make a down payment on just before Pearl Harbor?
(a) A house
(b) A farm
(c) A boat
(d) A car
2. When did Jeanne's father come to the United States?
3. Who does Papa think will win the war?
4. What do many Americans fear that all Japanese are doing?
(a) Planting bombs in Hawaii
(b) Providing information to Germany
(c) Spying on the United States
(d) Plotting to kill the president
5. What helps the family get through the difficult circumstances?
6. When does Papa return to the family?
(a) August 1945
(b) September 1942
(c) March 1943
(d) December 1941
7. How does the clothing given to the individuals in the camps fit them?
(a) It is too tight
(b) It is too worn
(c) It is too small
(d) It is too big
8. What is Mama furious about that first day?
(a) The barbed wire around the camp
(b) Jeanne's dirty dress
(c) The conditions they have to live in
(d) That her husband isn't with them
9. Where is Wakatsuki Ko interviewed?
(b) Ocean Park
(c) Fort Leavenworth
(d) Fort Lincoln
10. Who are the only people allowed out of the camp on the night of the riot?
(a) The reservoir crew
(b) The soldiers
(c) The camp officers
(d) Children under five
11. What can't Papa do?
(a) Become a citizen of the United States
(b) Send his children to school
(c) Go back to Japan
(d) Work on a fishing boat
12. What does the mob cry out before the MPs use tear gas?
13. What does the sandstorm do?
(a) Puts out the electricity
(b) Contaminates the water supply
(c) Blows down the barbed wire
(d) Hides the soldiers outside the camp
14. The War Department issues surplus clothing from which war?
(a) The Civil War
(c) The Vietnam War
(d) The Spanish American War
15. When Papa is interviewed, he is what?
(a) A private in the Army
(b) An accountant
(c) A prisoner
(d) A spy
Short Answer Questions
1. What crowds the barracks?
2. How old is Jeanne when she reaches the camp?
3. With what is Papa charged?
4. What is the reservoir crew given as protection?
5. Issei means what?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)