|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa demand?
(a) An apology
(b) A bed for himself
(c) Extra rice and cans of fruit
(d) Woody to leave the family's unit
2. What does Papa believe causes wars?
(a) Military control
3. Who is in charge of the reservoir crew?
4. What surrounds the camp?
(a) A river
(c) Barbed wire
(d) Wood walls
5. What song does Papa sing?
(a) The United States national anthem
(b) The Battle Hymn of the Republic
(c) It's a Small World
(d) The Japanese national anthem
6. Who is required to work in the camp?
(a) No one
(b) Everyone over 18
(c) Men and women between 18 and 35
(d) Men between 18 and 35
7. Where does Papa go after leaving Japan?
(c) San Diego
8. What do the other people at the camp consider Papa to be?
(a) A criminal
(b) A unionist
(c) A collaborator
(d) A hero
9. Of what is Jeanne's father accused?
(a) Sending messages about military arrangements
(b) Providing offshore submarines with oil
(c) Giving the Japanese information about Pearl Harbor
(d) Hiding Japanese spies in his home
10. For what career does Papa first begin to prepare?
(a) A pilot
(b) An accountant
(c) A naval career
(d) A doctor
11. What hurts Mama's pride?
(a) To be put into such a low, miserable living situation
(b) To have to rely on others
(c) To not be able to shower each day
(d) To not be able to provide for her family
12. Mama thinks that the condition of the barracks is no better than what _______ would sleep in.
13. Why does Jeanne's Mom pack heavy coats for them?
(a) She doesn't want the buyers to get them
(b) So they will have something to sleep on
(c) She knows it can get cold in the mountains
(d) So they can hide items in the pockets
14. When Papa is interviewed, he is what?
(a) An accountant
(b) A spy
(c) A prisoner
(d) A private in the Army
15. What does the FBI find in many of the houses they search?
(a) Japanese flags
(b) Stores of oil
(c) Short wave radios
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Kiyo gone from the family barracks?
2. How many internment camps are there for Japanese-Americans?
3. What does Woody work as in the camp?
4. Of what is Jeanne afraid?
5. What is the most disturbing and disgraceful situation for most men held at Manzanar?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)