|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The interview of Wakatsuki Ko shows he is what kind of man?
2. What do many people wear as they arrive in the camps?
(b) Bathing suits
(c) Heavy coats
(d) Aloha shirts
3. What does the interviewer ask Papa?
(a) His favorite baseball team
(b) His reason for having four children
(c) His reason for coming to the United States
(d) His favorite color
4. What surrounds the camp?
(a) A river
(c) Wood walls
(d) Barbed wire
5. The camp sits at an altitude of _______.
(a) 10,000 feet
(b) 4,000 feet
(c) Sea level
(d) 14,000 feet
6. How many internment camps are there for Japanese-Americans?
7. What is the reservoir crew given as protection?
(c) Tear gas
(d) Ax handles
8. Of what is Jeanne afraid?
9. What does Woody work as in the camp?
10. What happens to Papa at Fort Lincoln?
(a) He is injured in a farm accident
(b) He gets cancer
(c) He loses an arm
(d) His feet are frostbitten
11. What does Papa do in the barracks?
(a) Cares for Jeanne
(c) Makes wine
(d) Carves wood animals
12. What does the mob cry out before the MPs use tear gas?
13. When did Jeanne's father come to the United States?
14. What is contained in the oil cans that Papa has with him?
(d) Cooking oil
15. What do the other people at the camp consider Papa to be?
(a) A criminal
(b) A hero
(c) A collaborator
(d) A unionist
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Jeanne's mother refuse to sell, deciding instead to break it?
2. What covers the family when they wake up in their first morning at the camp?
3. Why does the Navy make the Japanese families move away from Terminal Island?
4. What happens to Papa's nose?
5. What is Mama's career?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)