|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man at the cannery shout?
(a) The United States is going to war
(b) A submarine is captured in New York
(c) Pearl Harbor is bombed
(d) Hitler is killed
2. Where is Wakatsuki Ko interviewed?
(a) Fort Leavenworth
(c) Fort Lincoln
(d) Ocean Park
3. What do the soldiers fear?
(a) Getting sent to Mexico
(b) The mobbing "Japs"
(c) The high winds
(d) Having to go home without seeing battle
4. What happens to Papa at Fort Lincoln?
(a) He is injured in a farm accident
(b) He loses an arm
(c) He gets cancer
(d) His feet are frostbitten
5. Why does Papa leave Japan?
(a) He needs to escape the law
(b) He fights with his father
(c) Mama is in California
(d) Japan is in a severe depression
6. In what year do the events of the book begin?
7. What is true about Papa?
(a) Mama's family loved him
(b) He's not interested in making it big
(c) He doesn't like excuses
(d) He never finishes anything he starts
8. When was Papa born?
9. Who punches Papa?
10. Why hasn't Papa contacted his family in Japan?
(a) He is the black sheep of the family
(b) They are all dead
(c) This disowned him
(d) He doesn't like any of them.
11. Many people in the camp become sick because of what reason?
(a) A lack of water
(b) High temperatures
(c) Spoiled food
(d) Too much food
12. Who is the first person to run to Papa when the family sees him?
13. Mama thinks that the condition of the barracks is no better than what _______ would sleep in.
14. What does Woody have Ray and Kiyo do to improve the barracks?
(a) Cover the knotholes
(b) Sweep the floor
(c) Hang curtains
(d) Paint the walls
15. The camp sits at an altitude of _______.
(a) 14,000 feet
(b) 4,000 feet
(c) Sea level
(d) 10,000 feet
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Papa do?
2. What does "Inu" mean?
3. What school does Papa enter?
4. Who is in charge of the reservoir crew?
5. Who reassures Mama that they can make the barracks better?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)