|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school does Papa enter?
(b) University of Idaho
(c) University of Washington
2. What does Papa demand?
(a) Woody to leave the family's unit
(b) Extra rice and cans of fruit
(c) An apology
(d) A bed for himself
3. Who has meals brought to him or her instead of eating in the mess hall?
4. What does Papa think about the violence in the camp?
(a) It is stupid
(b) It is criminal
(c) It is arrogant
(d) It is justified
5. Which word best describes the barracks?
6. Who punches Papa?
7. What is Mama's career?
8. Why is the family relieved to arrive at the camp?
(a) They are protected from the war
(b) It offers some protection from the fear of the Caucasians
(c) They will have a house to live in
(d) They are running out of money and everything will be taken care of here
9. What does Papa believe causes wars?
(d) Military control
10. How many people does the family have to fit into two units?
11. What can't Papa do?
(a) Send his children to school
(b) Become a citizen of the United States
(c) Work on a fishing boat
(d) Go back to Japan
12. What do many Americans fear that all Japanese are doing?
(a) Spying on the United States
(b) Plotting to kill the president
(c) Planting bombs in Hawaii
(d) Providing information to Germany
13. What word best describes the first month at Manzanar?
14. The War Department issues surplus clothing from which war?
(a) The Vietnam War
(b) The Spanish American War
(c) The Civil War
15. What does Woody bring in to help clean?
(a) A bucket of water
(b) A vacuum
(c) A duster
(d) A broom
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Papa return to the family?
2. What do the soldiers fear?
3. How long is it between the time that Jeanne's father is arrested and the next time that they see him?
4. How many times do Mama and Papa run away together?
5. What song does Papa sing?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)