|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to run to Papa when the family sees him?
2. How long is Kiyo gone from the family barracks?
(a) Three months
(b) Three days
(c) Two weeks
(d) One week
3. What do many Americans fear that all Japanese are doing?
(a) Planting bombs in Hawaii
(b) Spying on the United States
(c) Providing information to Germany
(d) Plotting to kill the president
4. What does the interviewer ask Papa?
(a) His reason for having four children
(b) His reason for coming to the United States
(c) His favorite baseball team
(d) His favorite color
5. What is the first thing the family sees with Papa?
(a) A wheelchair
(b) A cane
(c) A wig
6. Who does Papa think will win the war?
7. Which word best describes the barracks?
8. Who arrives at the camp to take care of the orphans?
(a) The Red Cross
(b) A group of Japanese Americans from Nebraska
9. Why does the Navy make the Japanese families move away from Terminal Island?
(a) They are afraid that the Japanese will declare independence on the island
(b) Some groups have threatened the families
(c) They think it's too close to the Long Beach Navel station
(d) The families aren't paying rent
10. What item does Jeanne's mother refuse to sell, deciding instead to break it?
(a) A bracelet
(b) A short wave radio
(c) Jeanne's baby carriage
(d) Her china
11. What word best describes the first month at Manzanar?
12. Why does Jeanne's Mom pack heavy coats for them?
(a) She doesn't want the buyers to get them
(b) So they can hide items in the pockets
(c) She knows it can get cold in the mountains
(d) So they will have something to sleep on
13. Why hasn't Papa contacted his family in Japan?
(a) He is the black sheep of the family
(b) They are all dead
(c) He doesn't like any of them.
(d) This disowned him
14. Issei means what?
(a) Canadian born Japanese
(b) Japanese warrior
(c) Japanese born
(d) American born Japanese
15. Where does the family meet Papa?
(a) At the mess hall
(b) At the family's unit in the barracks
(c) At the camp's main office
(d) At the main gate
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa do to Mama?
2. What do the other people at the camp consider Papa to be?
3. What happens to Papa at Fort Lincoln?
4. What happens to Papa's nose?
5. What can't Papa do?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)