|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What humiliates Jeanne's mother?
(a) Having to watch Jeanne act "white"
(b) Having to live with her son
(c) Having to sell valuable items for next to nothing
(d) Being the only Asian on Terminal Island
2. What do the soldiers fear?
(a) Getting sent to Mexico
(b) The high winds
(c) The mobbing "Japs"
(d) Having to go home without seeing battle
3. What is the reservoir crew given as protection?
(b) Tear gas
(c) Ax handles
4. The anti-American Japanese want what?
(a) The camp to revolt
(b) A No No vote
(c) A Yes Yes vote
(d) The campt to stage a massive escape
5. What does the FBI find in many of the houses they search?
(a) Stores of oil
(b) Japanese flags
(c) Short wave radios
6. What does Papa believe causes wars?
(d) Military control
7. Why doesn't Papa return to Japan?
(a) He is wanted in Japan for murder
(b) He wants to move to China
(c) The size of his family
(d) His law degree is the United States
8. What happens to Papa's nose?
(a) He breaks it while drunk
(b) The camp head punches him
(c) Kiyo bloodies it
(d) He runs into a door
9. What does the family make a down payment on just before Pearl Harbor?
(a) A boat
(b) A farm
(c) A car
(d) A house
10. Of what is Jeanne's father accused?
(a) Sending messages about military arrangements
(b) Hiding Japanese spies in his home
(c) Giving the Japanese information about Pearl Harbor
(d) Providing offshore submarines with oil
11. Who are the only people allowed out of the camp on the night of the riot?
(a) The camp officers
(b) The reservoir crew
(c) Children under five
(d) The soldiers
12. Who arrives at the camp to take care of the orphans?
(c) A group of Japanese Americans from Nebraska
(d) The Red Cross
13. What does the man at the cannery shout?
(a) The United States is going to war
(b) Pearl Harbor is bombed
(c) A submarine is captured in New York
(d) Hitler is killed
14. Many people in the camp become sick because of what reason?
(a) High temperatures
(b) Spoiled food
(c) A lack of water
(d) Too much food
15. What hurts Mama's pride?
(a) To have to rely on others
(b) To be put into such a low, miserable living situation
(c) To not be able to shower each day
(d) To not be able to provide for her family
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a reminder that the people are not free?
2. With whom do Jeanne and her parents move in?
3. To what does Jeanne attribute her father's actions?
4. The government requires that everyone seventeen or older signs what type of document?
5. What do many Americans fear that all Japanese are doing?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)