|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Mama need money?
(a) To pay the mortgage on the house on Terminal Island
(b) To pay for Papa's release from prison
(c) To pay the monthly fee on the warehouse where the furniture is stored
(d) To buy extra food for the family in the camps
2. Why hasn't Papa contacted his family in Japan?
(a) He is the black sheep of the family
(b) They are all dead
(c) He doesn't like any of them.
(d) This disowned him
3. What is the reservoir crew given as protection?
(b) Ax handles
(d) Tear gas
4. When the family arrives at the camp, what obscures their vision of it?
(a) A rainstorm
(b) Blowing sand
(c) Their blindfolds
5. Mama thinks that the condition of the barracks is no better than what _______ would sleep in.
6. Of what is Jeanne's father accused?
(a) Hiding Japanese spies in his home
(b) Giving the Japanese information about Pearl Harbor
(c) Sending messages about military arrangements
(d) Providing offshore submarines with oil
7. What crowds the barracks?
(a) Woody's two children
(b) Mama's sadness
(c) Papa's dark mood
(d) Kiyo's friend Daniel
8. Who is in charge of the reservoir crew?
9. When Papa is interviewed, he is what?
(a) A prisoner
(b) A spy
(c) A private in the Army
(d) An accountant
10. Who reassures Mama that they can make the barracks better?
11. Who arrives at the camp to take care of the orphans?
(b) The Red Cross
(d) A group of Japanese Americans from Nebraska
12. What does Woody bring in to help clean?
(a) A bucket of water
(b) A vacuum
(c) A broom
(d) A duster
13. Who is required to work in the camp?
(a) No one
(b) Everyone over 18
(c) Men between 18 and 35
(d) Men and women between 18 and 35
14. Many people in the camp become sick because of what reason?
(a) Spoiled food
(b) High temperatures
(c) A lack of water
(d) Too much food
15. Where is Wakatsuki Ko interviewed?
(a) Ocean Park
(b) Fort Lincoln
(c) Fort Leavenworth
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the FBI find in many of the houses they search?
2. People can leave the camps and move inland if they do what?
3. What is the most disturbing and disgraceful situation for most men held at Manzanar?
4. What hurts Mama's pride?
5. What surrounds the camp?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)