|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many internment camps are there for Japanese-Americans?
2. Who shows his good humor and willingness to be responsible to improve things as much as possible for the family?
3. What is Mama's career?
4. What is a common condition in the camp?
(c) The Manzanar runs
5. What happens to Papa's nose?
(a) He breaks it while drunk
(b) The camp head punches him
(c) Kiyo bloodies it
(d) He runs into a door
6. What do the soldiers fear?
(a) The high winds
(b) Having to go home without seeing battle
(c) Getting sent to Mexico
(d) The mobbing "Japs"
7. What is the first thing the family sees with Papa?
(a) A wig
(b) A wheelchair
(d) A cane
8. The War Department issues surplus clothing from which war?
(b) The Civil War
(c) The Spanish American War
(d) The Vietnam War
9. How long is Kiyo gone from the family barracks?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Three days
(c) One week
(d) Three months
10. Who punches Papa?
11. What is the reservoir crew given as protection?
(c) Ax handles
(d) Tear gas
12. How does the clothing given to the individuals in the camps fit them?
(a) It is too big
(b) It is too worn
(c) It is too tight
(d) It is too small
13. How many people does the family have to fit into two units?
14. Issei means what?
(a) American born Japanese
(b) Japanese born
(c) Canadian born Japanese
(d) Japanese warrior
15. Who works on the walls with Kiyo?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Papa think will win the war?
2. What does the FBI find in many of the houses they search?
3. What helps the family get through the difficult circumstances?
4. The anti-American Japanese want what?
5. The camp sits at an altitude of _______.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)