|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sandstorm do?
(a) Blows down the barbed wire
(b) Hides the soldiers outside the camp
(c) Puts out the electricity
(d) Contaminates the water supply
2. Where does the family meet Papa?
(a) At the mess hall
(b) At the camp's main office
(c) At the family's unit in the barracks
(d) At the main gate
3. What does Woody work as in the camp?
4. What does Jeanne's father burn?
(a) Papers on his Japanese military service
(b) Their tea set
(c) Papers identifying him as a native Japanese
(d) Jeanne's birth certificate
5. When was Papa born?
6. What is Mama's career?
7. With whom do Jeanne and her parents move in?
(b) Her mother's employers
(c) Her cousin
8. With what is Papa charged?
(a) Sending messages to the Japanese military
(b) Plotting to bomb
(c) Delivering oil to Japanese submarines
(d) Spying on the Long Beach Navel station
9. The anti-American Japanese want what?
(a) A No No vote
(b) The camp to revolt
(c) A Yes Yes vote
(d) The campt to stage a massive escape
10. The government requires that everyone seventeen or older signs what type of document?
(a) A non-violence pledge
(b) A green card
(c) A loyalty oath
(d) A citizenship card
11. Why does Papa leave Japan?
(a) He needs to escape the law
(b) Mama is in California
(c) He fights with his father
(d) Japan is in a severe depression
12. What school does Papa enter?
(b) University of Washington
(d) University of Idaho
13. The camp sits at an altitude of _______.
(a) 14,000 feet
(b) Sea level
(c) 4,000 feet
(d) 10,000 feet
14. What can't Papa do?
(a) Go back to Japan
(b) Send his children to school
(c) Become a citizen of the United States
(d) Work on a fishing boat
15. Why hasn't Papa contacted his family in Japan?
(a) He is the black sheep of the family
(b) This disowned him
(c) They are all dead
(d) He doesn't like any of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much longer has Papa lived in the United States versus his interrogator?
2. Why does the Navy make the Japanese families move away from Terminal Island?
3. What does "Inu" mean?
4. People can leave the camps and move inland if they do what?
5. Who arrives at the camp to take care of the orphans?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)