|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa believe causes wars?
(d) Military control
2. What does Woody bring in to help clean?
(a) A duster
(b) A vacuum
(c) A broom
(d) A bucket of water
3. What does the family make a down payment on just before Pearl Harbor?
(a) A house
(b) A car
(c) A farm
(d) A boat
4. What does the sandstorm do?
(a) Hides the soldiers outside the camp
(b) Blows down the barbed wire
(c) Puts out the electricity
(d) Contaminates the water supply
5. What is the most disturbing and disgraceful situation for most men held at Manzanar?
(a) The family disintegration
(b) The charge of disloyalty
(c) The oversized clothing
(d) The lack of freedom
6. People can leave the camps and move inland if they do what?
(a) Give information on another Japanese person
(b) Sign a green card
(c) Find a job and a sponsor
(d) Sign up for the military
7. The government requires that everyone seventeen or older signs what type of document?
(a) A non-violence pledge
(b) A loyalty oath
(c) A citizenship card
(d) A green card
8. Woody says that Ryan and Kiyo have to complete their task or they'll have to eat sand with what for lunch?
(a) Salad dressing
9. The interview of Wakatsuki Ko shows he is what kind of man?
10. What do the women use for privacy in the camps?
(a) Room screens
(c) Tree branches
(d) Large Oxidol cartons
11. What does Papa do in the barracks?
(a) Carves wood animals
(b) Makes wine
(d) Cares for Jeanne
12. Where is Wakatsuki Ko interviewed?
(b) Ocean Park
(c) Fort Lincoln
(d) Fort Leavenworth
13. What does the man at the cannery shout?
(a) The United States is going to war
(b) Hitler is killed
(c) A submarine is captured in New York
(d) Pearl Harbor is bombed
14. Who is required to work in the camp?
(a) Everyone over 18
(b) No one
(c) Men and women between 18 and 35
(d) Men between 18 and 35
15. For what reason does Mama need money?
(a) To pay the monthly fee on the warehouse where the furniture is stored
(b) To buy extra food for the family in the camps
(c) To pay the mortgage on the house on Terminal Island
(d) To pay for Papa's release from prison
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jeanne and the other women go to do?
2. What is surprising about the morning at the wharf?
3. What does the mob cry out before the MPs use tear gas?
4. What does Jeanne's father have that he feels guarantees his arrest?
5. Heavy doses of what leave Jeanne sick?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)