|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Papa is interviewed, he is what?
(a) A prisoner
(b) An accountant
(c) A private in the Army
(d) A spy
2. What does the sandstorm do?
(a) Contaminates the water supply
(b) Hides the soldiers outside the camp
(c) Puts out the electricity
(d) Blows down the barbed wire
3. What does Papa believe causes wars?
(b) Military control
4. What does the FBI find in many of the houses they search?
(b) Short wave radios
(c) Stores of oil
(d) Japanese flags
5. What is surprising about the morning at the wharf?
(a) The fishing fleet comes back
(b) A whale washes up on the beach
(c) Jeanne is given an engagement ring
(d) Jeanne's father has a heart attack
6. Who punches Papa?
7. How long is Kiyo gone from the family barracks?
(a) Three days
(b) Three months
(c) One week
(d) Two weeks
8. Papa finally leaves the barracks to do what?
(a) Find a job in Nebraska
(b) Attend the meeting on the Oath
(c) Join the Armed Forces
(d) Find Woody when he disappears
9. Why hasn't Papa contacted his family in Japan?
(a) He is the black sheep of the family
(b) He doesn't like any of them.
(c) They are all dead
(d) This disowned him
10. What does the reservoir crew fear?
(a) The Japanese navy
(b) The dam breaking
(c) Getting left in the reservoir
(d) The jittery soldiers
11. What do the soldiers fear?
(a) Getting sent to Mexico
(b) The mobbing "Japs"
(c) Having to go home without seeing battle
(d) The high winds
12. The camp sits at an altitude of _______.
(a) 4,000 feet
(b) 14,000 feet
(c) Sea level
(d) 10,000 feet
13. Who is in charge of the reservoir crew?
14. What happens to Papa's nose?
(a) He breaks it while drunk
(b) He runs into a door
(c) Kiyo bloodies it
(d) The camp head punches him
15. Heavy doses of what leave Jeanne sick?
(a) Typhoid immunizations
(d) Flu medications
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa do to Mama?
2. When the family arrives at the camp, what obscures their vision of it?
3. With whom do Jeanne and her parents move in?
4. Who does Jeanne think the internees look like in the surplus clothing?
5. What humiliates Jeanne's mother?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)