|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the first month at Manzanar?
2. What do the other people at the camp consider Papa to be?
(a) A collaborator
(b) A hero
(c) A unionist
(d) A criminal
3. Where does Papa go after leaving Japan?
(d) San Diego
4. What crowds the barracks?
(a) Papa's dark mood
(b) Mama's sadness
(c) Kiyo's friend Daniel
(d) Woody's two children
5. What is contained in the oil cans that Papa has with him?
(d) Cooking oil
6. What hurts Mama's pride?
(a) To have to rely on others
(b) To not be able to provide for her family
(c) To not be able to shower each day
(d) To be put into such a low, miserable living situation
7. How many people does the family have to fit into two units?
8. Which word best describes the barracks?
9. With what is Papa charged?
(a) Spying on the Long Beach Navel station
(b) Plotting to bomb
(c) Delivering oil to Japanese submarines
(d) Sending messages to the Japanese military
10. The government requires that everyone seventeen or older signs what type of document?
(a) A non-violence pledge
(b) A citizenship card
(c) A green card
(d) A loyalty oath
11. Why is the family relieved to arrive at the camp?
(a) They are running out of money and everything will be taken care of here
(b) They are protected from the war
(c) They will have a house to live in
(d) It offers some protection from the fear of the Caucasians
12. What is a reminder that the people are not free?
(a) The lack of Christmas presents
(b) The handcuffs
(c) The searchlights
(d) The mess hall
13. What does Papa do in the barracks?
(a) Carves wood animals
(b) Makes wine
(c) Cares for Jeanne
14. Who is in charge of the reservoir crew?
15. Why do the others think that Papa informed on the other men?
(a) Someone hears Papa informing
(b) He is given a medal by the government
(c) He is released earlier than the others
(d) He lives in Ocean Park
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the clothing given to the individuals in the camps fit them?
2. How long is it between the time that Jeanne's father is arrested and the next time that they see him?
3. Of what is Jeanne afraid?
4. What does the reservoir crew fear?
5. With whom do Jeanne and her parents move in?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)