|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who crashes into the reservoir shack?
(a) A boy from a neighboring town
(b) A naval officer
(c) 4 soldiers
(d) A Japanese spy
2. When does Papa return to the family?
(a) March 1943
(b) September 1942
(c) August 1945
(d) December 1941
3. Of what is Jeanne's father accused?
(a) Providing offshore submarines with oil
(b) Giving the Japanese information about Pearl Harbor
(c) Hiding Japanese spies in his home
(d) Sending messages about military arrangements
4. What does Jeanne's father burn?
(a) Jeanne's birth certificate
(b) Papers identifying him as a native Japanese
(c) Their tea set
(d) Papers on his Japanese military service
5. Who does Papa think will win the war?
6. Why do the others think that Papa informed on the other men?
(a) He is given a medal by the government
(b) Someone hears Papa informing
(c) He lives in Ocean Park
(d) He is released earlier than the others
7. What is the reservoir crew given as protection?
(c) Ax handles
(d) Tear gas
8. What do the soldiers fear?
(a) The high winds
(b) Getting sent to Mexico
(c) Having to go home without seeing battle
(d) The mobbing "Japs"
9. To what does Jeanne attribute her father's actions?
(a) Because he has to live with other Japanese
(b) Because his family is behind barbed wire
(c) Because he fears Mama's in love with someone else
(d) Because he wants to return to Japan
10. When the family arrives at the camp, what obscures their vision of it?
(a) Their blindfolds
(b) Blowing sand
(c) A rainstorm
11. How many times do Mama and Papa run away together?
12. What does the man at the cannery shout?
(a) Pearl Harbor is bombed
(b) Hitler is killed
(c) The United States is going to war
(d) A submarine is captured in New York
13. What is Mama's career?
14. Who is in charge of the reservoir crew?
15. How many internment camps are there for Japanese-Americans?
Short Answer Questions
1. The War Department issues surplus clothing from which war?
2. With whom do Jeanne and her parents move in?
3. What do the women use for privacy in the camps?
4. How does the clothing given to the individuals in the camps fit them?
5. The government requires that everyone seventeen or older signs what type of document?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)