|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jeanne think the internees look like in the surplus clothing?
(a) James Dean
(b) Charlie Chaplin
(c) Franklin Delano Roosevelt
(d) Clark Gable
2. What does Papa do in the barracks?
(b) Cares for Jeanne
(c) Carves wood animals
(d) Makes wine
3. Who has meals brought to him or her instead of eating in the mess hall?
4. Where does Papa go after leaving Japan?
(a) San Diego
5. Why doesn't Papa return to Japan?
(a) He wants to move to China
(b) His law degree is the United States
(c) He is wanted in Japan for murder
(d) The size of his family
6. Who reassures Mama that they can make the barracks better?
7. Where was Mama born?
8. What does Papa demand?
(a) Woody to leave the family's unit
(b) An apology
(c) Extra rice and cans of fruit
(d) A bed for himself
9. Why hasn't Papa contacted his family in Japan?
(a) He doesn't like any of them.
(b) This disowned him
(c) They are all dead
(d) He is the black sheep of the family
10. What does "Inu" mean?
11. People can leave the camps and move inland if they do what?
(a) Give information on another Japanese person
(b) Sign up for the military
(c) Sign a green card
(d) Find a job and a sponsor
12. What is true about Papa?
(a) He doesn't like excuses
(b) He never finishes anything he starts
(c) He's not interested in making it big
(d) Mama's family loved him
13. When does Papa return to the family?
(a) March 1943
(b) December 1941
(c) September 1942
(d) August 1945
14. How long is Kiyo gone from the family barracks?
(a) Three months
(b) One week
(c) Two weeks
(d) Three days
15. What item does Jeanne's mother refuse to sell, deciding instead to break it?
(a) Her china
(b) A short wave radio
(c) A bracelet
(d) Jeanne's baby carriage
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Papa's nose?
2. Who works on the walls with Kiyo?
3. What does Papa do to Mama?
4. What does the mob cry out before the MPs use tear gas?
5. What covers the family when they wake up in their first morning at the camp?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)