|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who punches Papa?
2. What does Papa do to Mama?
(a) Threatens her with his cane
(b) Breaks her leg
(c) Forces her to sleep outside
(d) Brings her flowers
3. What is Mama's career?
4. Who is required to work in the camp?
(a) Men between 18 and 35
(b) Men and women between 18 and 35
(c) Everyone over 18
(d) No one
5. Why does Jeanne's Mom pack heavy coats for them?
(a) She knows it can get cold in the mountains
(b) So they will have something to sleep on
(c) She doesn't want the buyers to get them
(d) So they can hide items in the pockets
6. What does Woody bring in to help clean?
(a) A duster
(b) A broom
(c) A bucket of water
(d) A vacuum
7. The anti-American Japanese want what?
(a) The camp to revolt
(b) The campt to stage a massive escape
(c) A No No vote
(d) A Yes Yes vote
8. When was Papa born?
9. What do many people wear as they arrive in the camps?
(a) Bathing suits
(b) Aloha shirts
(d) Heavy coats
10. Why are the Japanese held in Manzanar?
(a) To protect them from angry Caucasians
(b) As Japanese, their loyality is questionable to Caucasians
(c) They are plotting against the United States
(d) To protect them from the Japanese military
11. What school does Papa enter?
(a) University of Idaho
(d) University of Washington
12. The camp sits at an altitude of _______.
(a) Sea level
(b) 10,000 feet
(c) 14,000 feet
(d) 4,000 feet
13. What is a common condition in the camp?
(b) The Manzanar runs
14. Who are the only people allowed out of the camp on the night of the riot?
(a) Children under five
(b) The reservoir crew
(c) The soldiers
(d) The camp officers
15. When Papa is interviewed, he is what?
(a) A spy
(b) A prisoner
(c) A private in the Army
(d) An accountant
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hasn't Papa contacted his family in Japan?
2. Many people in the camp become sick because of what reason?
3. What covers the family when they wake up in their first morning at the camp?
4. What happens when the gossip of the camp about Papa is shared with Papa?
5. When the family arrives at the camp, what obscures their vision of it?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)