|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can't Papa do?
(a) Go back to Japan
(b) Become a citizen of the United States
(c) Work on a fishing boat
(d) Send his children to school
2. Mama thinks that the condition of the barracks is no better than what _______ would sleep in.
3. Many people in the camp become sick because of what reason?
(a) Spoiled food
(b) High temperatures
(c) A lack of water
(d) Too much food
4. Who is the first person to run to Papa when the family sees him?
5. How old is Jeanne when she reaches the camp?
6. How much longer has Papa lived in the United States versus his interrogator?
(a) 5 years
(b) 3 months
(c) 9 years
(d) 20 years
7. What does the sandstorm do?
(a) Contaminates the water supply
(b) Puts out the electricity
(c) Blows down the barbed wire
(d) Hides the soldiers outside the camp
8. With whom do Jeanne and her parents move in?
(a) Her cousin
(c) Her mother's employers
9. The government requires that everyone seventeen or older signs what type of document?
(a) A non-violence pledge
(b) A green card
(c) A loyalty oath
(d) A citizenship card
10. Where is Wakatsuki Ko interviewed?
(a) Fort Leavenworth
(b) Fort Lincoln
(c) Ocean Park
11. What do many people wear as they arrive in the camps?
(a) Heavy coats
(b) Bathing suits
(c) Aloha shirts
12. What does Papa do to Mama?
(a) Forces her to sleep outside
(b) Brings her flowers
(c) Threatens her with his cane
(d) Breaks her leg
13. Who is in charge of the reservoir crew?
14. Why does Papa leave Japan?
(a) Mama is in California
(b) He needs to escape the law
(c) He fights with his father
(d) Japan is in a severe depression
15. What do the women use for privacy in the camps?
(a) Tree branches
(c) Large Oxidol cartons
(d) Room screens
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Papa go after leaving Japan?
2. What does "Inu" mean?
3. What is a reminder that the people are not free?
4. Who does Jeanne think the internees look like in the surplus clothing?
5. Who does Papa think will win the war?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)