|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs exactly one year after Pearl Harbor?
(a) The December Riot
(b) Papa dies of a heart attack
(c) Japan's surrender
(d) The United States enters the war
2. Where does the family meet Papa?
(a) At the family's unit in the barracks
(b) At the camp's main office
(c) At the main gate
(d) At the mess hall
3. What do the women use for privacy in the camps?
(a) Tree branches
(c) Large Oxidol cartons
(d) Room screens
4. What hurts Mama's pride?
(a) To not be able to provide for her family
(b) To not be able to shower each day
(c) To be put into such a low, miserable living situation
(d) To have to rely on others
5. Issei means what?
(a) Japanese born
(b) American born Japanese
(c) Canadian born Japanese
(d) Japanese warrior
6. What crowds the barracks?
(a) Kiyo's friend Daniel
(b) Papa's dark mood
(c) Woody's two children
(d) Mama's sadness
7. Who is the first person to run to Papa when the family sees him?
8. Of what is Jeanne afraid?
9. Who is in charge of the reservoir crew?
10. Why doesn't Papa return to Japan?
(a) He wants to move to China
(b) The size of his family
(c) His law degree is the United States
(d) He is wanted in Japan for murder
11. Who reassures Mama that they can make the barracks better?
12. What does Papa demand?
(a) Woody to leave the family's unit
(b) An apology
(c) Extra rice and cans of fruit
(d) A bed for himself
13. Why hasn't Papa contacted his family in Japan?
(a) This disowned him
(b) He is the black sheep of the family
(c) He doesn't like any of them.
(d) They are all dead
14. What item does Jeanne's mother refuse to sell, deciding instead to break it?
(a) Her china
(b) Jeanne's baby carriage
(c) A bracelet
(d) A short wave radio
15. Where is the family sent?
(a) Gila River
(c) Tule Lake
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa do in the barracks?
2. When was Papa born?
3. When Papa is interviewed, he is what?
4. Who does Papa think will win the war?
5. What is contained in the oil cans that Papa has with him?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)