Short Answer Key
Chapter 1, What is Pearl Harbor?
1. What do Jeanne and the other women go to do?
See off the fishing fleet
2. What is surprising about the morning at the wharf?
The fishing fleet comes back
3. What does the man at the cannery shout?
Pearl Harbor is bombed
4. In what year do the events of the book begin?
5. What does Jeanne's father burn?
Papers identifying him as a native Japanese
6. What does the FBI find in many of the houses they search?
Short wave radios
7. With whom do Jeanne and her parents move in?
8. How long is it between the time that Jeanne's father is arrested and the next time that they see him?
Almost a year
9. Of what is Jeanne's father accused?
Providing offshore submarines with oil
10. What does Jeanne's father have that he feels guarantees...
This section contains 2,085 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)