|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, The Girl of My Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the only people allowed out of the camp on the night of the riot?
(a) The reservoir crew
(b) The camp officers
(c) Children under five
(d) The soldiers
2. What is Jeanne reminded of when Woody leaves?
(a) When they had to sell their belongings
(b) When they first arrived at the camp
(c) When they left Ocean Park
(d) When Papa went to fish the last time
3. What is the greatest difficulty that the family faces in L.A.?
(a) Finding their way around town
(b) Finding somewhere to live
(c) Jeanne getting into school
(d) Getting their possessions out of storage
4. What would Jeanne be horrified about if anyone asked her out on a date?
(a) Papa's behavior
(b) Her lack of money
(c) The apartment the family lives in
(d) Her Japanese ancestry
5. What ends all hope for staying at Manzanar?
(a) The water main breaks
(b) Fire in the camps
(c) Bombing of Hiroshima
(d) The assignation of the General in charge of the camps
Short Answer Questions
1. How many internment camps are there for Japanese-Americans?
2. With whom do Jeanne and her parents move in?
3. Who is in charge of the reservoir crew?
4. By the end of 1944, about how many people are left at Manzanar?
5. How many people does the family have to fit into two units?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)