|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Ka-Ke, Near Hiroshima: April 1946.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Navy make the Japanese families move away from Terminal Island?
(a) They think it's too close to the Long Beach Navel station
(b) They are afraid that the Japanese will declare independence on the island
(c) The families aren't paying rent
(d) Some groups have threatened the families
2. By the end of 1944, about how many people are left at Manzanar?
3. What hobby does Jeanne try that she comes to believe is a horrible abuse of the body?
4. What is the greatest humiliation in the camps?
(a) Lack of trust
(b) Lack of privacy
(d) Lack of schools
5. What do the soldiers fear?
(a) Having to go home without seeing battle
(b) The high winds
(c) Getting sent to Mexico
(d) The mobbing "Japs"
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1942, the Supreme Court upholds the evacuation of Japanese-Americans due to what reason?
2. What does Papa do to Mama?
3. Who is in charge of the reservoir crew?
4. With what is Papa charged?
5. Why does Papa leave Japan?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)