|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Ka-Ke, Near Hiroshima: April 1946.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The camp sits at an altitude of _______.
(a) Sea level
(b) 14,000 feet
(c) 10,000 feet
(d) 4,000 feet
2. What worries Papa after the bombing of Hiroshima?
(a) He worries that he will be drafted into the military
(b) He worries about having to stay in the camp
(c) He fears all of his family is lost
(d) He fears that Japan will retaliate
3. Jeanne's family moves closer to what in the camp?
(a) The main gate
(b) The mess hall
(c) The reservoir shack
(d) The hospital
4. When did Jeanne's father come to the United States?
5. Why is there a housing shortage on the West Coast?
(a) Japanese American houses are burned after the evacuation
(b) Most of the available land is already used up
(c) People move there to help with the war effort
(d) Many houses are bombed
Short Answer Questions
1. Many people in the camp become sick because of what reason?
2. What does the family make a down payment on just before Pearl Harbor?
3. Who works on the walls with Kiyo?
4. Why does Papa leave Japan?
5. What does Jeanne fear as the camps close?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)