|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Ka-Ke, Near Hiroshima: April 1946.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reassures Mama that they can make the barracks better?
2. What does Woody have Ray and Kiyo do to improve the barracks?
(a) Paint the walls
(b) Hang curtains
(c) Sweep the floor
(d) Cover the knotholes
3. For what reason does Mama need money?
(a) To pay the monthly fee on the warehouse where the furniture is stored
(b) To buy extra food for the family in the camps
(c) To pay for Papa's release from prison
(d) To pay the mortgage on the house on Terminal Island
4. What does the FBI find in many of the houses they search?
(b) Japanese flags
(c) Stores of oil
(d) Short wave radios
5. What helps the family get through the difficult circumstances?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Navy make the Japanese families move away from Terminal Island?
2. What does the mob cry out before the MPs use tear gas?
3. When does Papa return to the family?
4. When did Jeanne's father come to the United States?
5. What worries Papa after the bombing of Hiroshima?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)