|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, Ka-Ke, Near Hiroshima: April 1946.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is required to work in the camp?
(a) Men and women between 18 and 35
(b) Everyone over 18
(c) No one
(d) Men between 18 and 35
2. Jeanne feels sorry for the teacher of which lessons?
(b) Baton twirling
3. For what reason does Mama need money?
(a) To buy extra food for the family in the camps
(b) To pay the monthly fee on the warehouse where the furniture is stored
(c) To pay the mortgage on the house on Terminal Island
(d) To pay for Papa's release from prison
4. What is the greatest humiliation in the camps?
(a) Lack of trust
(b) Lack of schools
(d) Lack of privacy
5. What worries Papa after the bombing of Hiroshima?
(a) He worries that he will be drafted into the military
(b) He fears that Japan will retaliate
(c) He fears all of his family is lost
(d) He worries about having to stay in the camp
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a reminder that the people are not free?
2. How many rooms does the family's new unit have?
3. When did Jeanne's father come to the United States?
4. Papa finally leaves the barracks to do what?
5. What does the family make a down payment on just before Pearl Harbor?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)