|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Reservoir Shack: An Aside.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Mama need money?
(a) To buy extra food for the family in the camps
(b) To pay the mortgage on the house on Terminal Island
(c) To pay for Papa's release from prison
(d) To pay the monthly fee on the warehouse where the furniture is stored
2. How old is Jeanne when she reaches the camp?
3. What does Papa believe causes wars?
(a) Military control
4. What humiliates Jeanne's mother?
(a) Having to live with her son
(b) Having to sell valuable items for next to nothing
(c) Being the only Asian on Terminal Island
(d) Having to watch Jeanne act "white"
5. What is the reservoir crew given as protection?
(b) Tear gas
(d) Ax handles
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the clothing given to the individuals in the camps fit them?
2. With what is Papa charged?
3. What is contained in the oil cans that Papa has with him?
4. Who shows his good humor and willingness to be responsible to improve things as much as possible for the family?
5. Why does Papa leave Japan?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)