|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Whatever He Did Had Flourish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the family meet Papa?
(a) At the mess hall
(b) At the camp's main office
(c) At the family's unit in the barracks
(d) At the main gate
2. Who arrives at the camp to take care of the orphans?
(a) The Red Cross
(c) A group of Japanese Americans from Nebraska
3. What do many people wear as they arrive in the camps?
(a) Aloha shirts
(c) Heavy coats
(d) Bathing suits
4. Why does the Navy make the Japanese families move away from Terminal Island?
(a) They think it's too close to the Long Beach Navel station
(b) They are afraid that the Japanese will declare independence on the island
(c) The families aren't paying rent
(d) Some groups have threatened the families
5. What surrounds the camp?
(b) Barbed wire
(c) A river
(d) Wood walls
Short Answer Questions
1. What draws families apart on Manzanar?
2. What school does Papa enter?
3. Of what is Jeanne afraid?
4. Who works on the walls with Kiyo?
5. Where is Papa held while he is in custody?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)