|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Fort Lincoln: An Interview.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Mama need money?
(a) To pay for Papa's release from prison
(b) To pay the mortgage on the house on Terminal Island
(c) To pay the monthly fee on the warehouse where the furniture is stored
(d) To buy extra food for the family in the camps
2. Heavy doses of what leave Jeanne sick?
(b) Flu medications
(d) Typhoid immunizations
3. Why does Jeanne's Mom pack heavy coats for them?
(a) She doesn't want the buyers to get them
(b) She knows it can get cold in the mountains
(c) So they will have something to sleep on
(d) So they can hide items in the pockets
4. What do the women use for privacy in the camps?
(a) Room screens
(c) Large Oxidol cartons
(d) Tree branches
5. What is a common condition in the camp?
(b) The Manzanar runs
Short Answer Questions
1. When the family arrives at the camp, what obscures their vision of it?
2. Why does the Navy make the Japanese families move away from Terminal Island?
3. How much longer has Papa lived in the United States versus his interrogator?
4. Many people in the camp become sick because of what reason?
5. Why doesn't Papa return to Japan?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)