Chapter 1, What is Pearl Harbor?
1. What do Jeanne and the other women go to do?
(a) Pick oranges in the orchard
(b) Shop at the market
(c) Wash laundry
(d) See off the fishing fleet
2. What is surprising about the morning at the wharf?
(a) The fishing fleet comes back
(b) A whale washes up on the beach
(c) Jeanne's father has a heart attack
(d) Jeanne is given an engagement ring
3. What does the man at the cannery shout?
(a) A submarine is captured in New York
(b) Hitler is killed
(c) The United States is going to war
(d) Pearl Harbor is bombed
4. In what year do the events of the book begin?
5. What does Jeanne's father burn?
(a) Papers identifying him as a native Japanese
(b) Jeanne's birth certificate
(c) Papers on his Japanese military service
(d) Their tea set
6. What does the FBI find in many of the houses they search?
(b) Short wave radios
(c) Stores of oil
(d) Japanese flags
This section contains 3,742 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)