1. What do Jeanne and the other women go to do?
(a) Wash laundry
(b) See off the fishing fleet
(c) Pick oranges in the orchard
(d) Shop at the market
2. What is surprising about the morning at the wharf?
(a) A whale washes up on the beach
(b) Jeanne's father has a heart attack
(c) Jeanne is given an engagement ring
(d) The fishing fleet comes back
3. What does the man at the cannery shout?
(a) The United States is going to war
(b) A submarine is captured in New York
(c) Hitler is killed
(d) Pearl Harbor is bombed
4. In what year do the events of the book begin?
5. What does Jeanne's father burn?
(a) Papers on his Japanese military service
(b) Jeanne's birth certificate
(c) Papers identifying him as a native Japanese
(d) Their tea set
6. What does the FBI find in many of the houses they search?
(a) Japanese flags
(b) Short wave radios
(c) Stores of oil
This section contains 3,742 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)