Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Chapters 1 through 4
1. What is Philip Marlowe's profession?
2. In what office did Marlowe once work?
3. For what reason has Marlowe been fired from a job in the past?
4. As the novel opens, who is Marlowe trying to find?
5. Who is Moose Malloy, the man Marlowe meets outside Florian's night club?
6. Which of the following does not describe Moose Malloy?
7. For whom is Moose Malloy searching in Chapter 1?
8. Whom does Moose Malloy toss out of Florian's in Chapter 1?
9. Who has taken over the ownership and patronage of Florian's since Malloy's last visit there?
10. What does Malloy do to the bouncer at Florian's in Chapter 2?
This section contains 2,358 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)