1. What is Philip Marlowe's profession?
(a) He's an accountant.
(b) He's a private detective.
(c) He's a college professor.
(d) He's a musician.
2. In what office did Marlowe once work?
(a) The governor's office.
(b) The IRS office.
(c) The police chief's office.
(d) The District Attorney's office.
3. For what reason has Marlowe been fired from a job in the past?
(a) Perpetual tardiness.
(b) Poor job performance.
4. As the novel opens, who is Marlowe trying to find?
(a) A missing barber named Dimitrios Aleidis.
(b) His secretary, Cassandra.
(c) A missing schoolteacher named Leigh Jordan.
(d) His bookie, Louis.
5. Who is Moose Malloy, the man Marlowe meets outside Florian's night club?
(a) A professional basketball player.
(b) A criminal defense attorney.
(c) A recently released convict.
(d) A police captain.
6. Which of the following does not describe Moose Malloy?
(a) Six foot five inches tall and not wider than a beer truck.
(b) Bald with thick black spectacles.
(c) In perpetual need of a shave.
(d) Wearing a grey sports coat with white golf ball buttons.
This section contains 4,990 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)