Chapters 1 through 4
1. What is Philip Marlowe's profession?
(a) He's a college professor.
(b) He's a musician.
(c) He's an accountant.
(d) He's a private detective.
2. In what office did Marlowe once work?
(a) The District Attorney's office.
(b) The governor's office.
(c) The IRS office.
(d) The police chief's office.
3. For what reason has Marlowe been fired from a job in the past?
(a) Poor job performance.
(c) Perpetual tardiness.
4. As the novel opens, who is Marlowe trying to find?
(a) A missing barber named Dimitrios Aleidis.
(b) His secretary, Cassandra.
(c) His bookie, Louis.
(d) A missing schoolteacher named Leigh Jordan.
5. Who is Moose Malloy, the man Marlowe meets outside Florian's night club?
(a) A recently released convict.
(b) A criminal defense attorney.
(c) A professional basketball player.
(d) A police captain.
6. Which of the following does not describe Moose Malloy?
(a) Wearing a grey sports coat with white golf ball buttons.
(b) Bald with thick black spectacles.
(c) In perpetual need of a shave.
(d) Six foot five inches tall and not wider than a beer truck.
This section contains 4,990 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)