|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yezad meet with Vilas and his two actor friends?
2. Why does Kapur not respond to Yezad's request about his new responsibilities?
3. What is Kapur's reaction when Yezad asks for an advance?
4. What does Murad get Jehangir for Christmas?
5. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
Essay Topic 1
Yezad in intent upon furthering himself at work. Is his desire based on ambition, greed, or just a need to have more money? Would he be likely to accept the responsibility an advancement at work would require? Would Yezad make a good manager?
Essay Topic 2
The author of Family Matters uses flashback to fill in parts of the story. Through whose eyes do we experience the flashbacks and how are they important to the story? Do the flashbacks help you learn any more about the character than what the front story tells? Is this a useful technique to employ in this story? Why/why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the living conditions at Chateau Felicity and Pleasant Villa. How does each location impact the story, and what do you learn about the characters from their association with the two different homes?
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)