Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nariman become agitated when Jal leaves after having dinner with the Chenoy family?
2. What does Murad get Jehangir for Christmas?
3. Who goes to help Nariman when he asks for the urinal?
4. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
5. What does Yezad think of as he sits with Nariman in the evening?
Essay Topic 1
Who seem to be the stronger characters in Family Matters, the men or the women? Does that change through the course of the story? Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the characters and tell whether you think they are related to gender or are just an author's rendering.
Essay Topic 2
Both Yezad and Jehangir turn to dishonest means to make money to help the family. Are they justified in the means they use to acquire extra cash? Why do you think neither one is punished? What do their actions tell you about them and their relation to their family?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the differences in Coomy, who seems to have everything, and Roxana, who has to scrape to get by. How does each woman relate to her family? Are the reasons for the differences caused by personality, social standing, security? Discuss which you think is the more balanced and happier of the two and tell why.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)