Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nariman become agitated when Jal leaves after having dinner with the Chenoy family?
2. What does Murad get Jehangir for Christmas?
3. Who goes to help Nariman when he asks for the urinal?
4. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
5. What does Yezad think of as he sits with Nariman in the evening?
Essay Topic 1
For most of the story, Coomy seems to be the controlling factor among all the characters. Is Coomy truly concerned about her family? Is she materialistic? Nurturing? Selfish? All of the above? Focusing on Coomy's personality and the way she interacts with others, write a character description of Coomy.
Essay Topic 2
Both Yezad and Jehangir turn to dishonest means to make money to help the family. Are they justified in the means they use to acquire extra cash? Why do you think neither one is punished? What do their actions tell you about them and their relation to their family?
Essay Topic 3
As the family moves into more comfortable lodgings, begins to have more money, and find other interests, they begin to lose touch with each other and with their own values. Show how this affects the characters individually and as a family. Is this a natural progression of events in this story? Is it true in life as well as in fiction?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)