Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nariman become agitated when Jal leaves after having dinner with the Chenoy family?
2. What does Murad get Jehangir for Christmas?
3. Who goes to help Nariman when he asks for the urinal?
4. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
5. What does Yezad think of as he sits with Nariman in the evening?
Late in the book, Yezad discovers that there are really only two things that matter: religion and family. Show how both elements were important throughout the book to individual characters as well as methods by which Mistry told the story.
For most of the story, Coomy seems to be the controlling factor among all the characters. Is Coomy truly concerned about her family? Is she materialistic? Nurturing? Selfish? All of the above? Focusing on Coomy's personality and the way she interacts with others, write a character description of Coomy.
Both Yezad and Jehangir turn to dishonest means to make money to help the family. Are they justified in the means they use to acquire extra cash? Why do you think neither one is punished? What do their actions tell you about them and their relation to their family?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)