Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nariman become agitated when Jal leaves after having dinner with the Chenoy family?
2. What does Murad get Jehangir for Christmas?
3. Who goes to help Nariman when he asks for the urinal?
4. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
5. What does Yezad think of as he sits with Nariman in the evening?
Essay Topic 1
For most of the story, Coomy seems to be the controlling factor among all the characters. Is Coomy truly concerned about her family? Is she materialistic? Nurturing? Selfish? All of the above? Focusing on Coomy's personality and the way she interacts with others, write a character description of Coomy.
Essay Topic 2
Nariman is kept from following his heart by the tenets of his religious belief. What is this belief? How does it control his life? Is that a good thing? How could his life have been different if he had followed his heart?
Essay Topic 3
Late in the book, Yezad discovers that there are really only two things that matter: religion and family. Show how both elements were important throughout the book to individual characters as well as methods by which Mistry told the story.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)