Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nariman become agitated when Jal leaves after having dinner with the Chenoy family?
2. What does Murad get Jehangir for Christmas?
3. Who goes to help Nariman when he asks for the urinal?
4. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
5. What does Yezad think of as he sits with Nariman in the evening?
Compare the differences in Coomy, who seems to have everything, and Roxana, who has to scrape to get by. How does each woman relate to her family? Are the reasons for the differences caused by personality, social standing, security? Discuss which you think is the more balanced and happier of the two and tell why.
Throughout the book there are references to the Parsi faith, to Shiv Sena, and to the conflict over changing Bombay to Mumbai. How much did these issues affect the lives of the people in the story, and how much do such issues affect everyday life? Use examples from history and/or current events to help you support your view.
One of the techniques Mistry uses in Family Matters is humor. Describe some of the humorous incidents in the story and tell how they help to move the story along by relieving tension, revealing more about characters, or just providing a break in the narrative.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)