|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nariman become agitated when Jal leaves after having dinner with the Chenoy family?
2. What does Murad get Jehangir for Christmas?
3. Who goes to help Nariman when he asks for the urinal?
4. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
5. What does Yezad think of as he sits with Nariman in the evening?
Essay Topic 1
The title of the book could be interpreted in two ways: family is important and the issues and challenges of being a family. Tell how each interpretation could be supported by the events, action, and plot of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Yezad in intent upon furthering himself at work. Is his desire based on ambition, greed, or just a need to have more money? Would he be likely to accept the responsibility an advancement at work would require? Would Yezad make a good manager?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the differences in Coomy, who seems to have everything, and Roxana, who has to scrape to get by. How does each woman relate to her family? Are the reasons for the differences caused by personality, social standing, security? Discuss which you think is the more balanced and happier of the two and tell why.
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)