|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Coomy agree to allow Edul Munshi to help fix up her apartment?
2. What is the plan that Yezad has developed that requires Vilas' help?
3. How does Roxana react when Yezad tells her he has lost all their money?
4. Why does Miss Alvarez ask to speak to Jehangir's parents?
5. What does Murad get Jehangir for Christmas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of the book could be interpreted in two ways: family is important and the issues and challenges of being a family. Tell how each interpretation could be supported by the events, action, and plot of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Yezad in intent upon furthering himself at work. Is his desire based on ambition, greed, or just a need to have more money? Would he be likely to accept the responsibility an advancement at work would require? Would Yezad make a good manager?
Essay Topic 3
Nariman is kept from following his heart by the tenets of his religious belief. What is this belief? How does it control his life? Is that a good thing? How could his life have been different if he had followed his heart?
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)