Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jehangir's job as homework monitor in jeopardy?
2. What news about his intentions does Mr. Kapur share with Yezad as they get together after work?
3. Who asks Nariman for his assistance while he is in the hospital?
4. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
5. What opportunity does one of the customers present to Yezad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Shiv Sena?
2. What is one of Coomy's worst fears and how is it realized?
3. Why does Jal take money from his account and go to visit Roxana?
4. What jobs does Vilas Rane hold?
5. Describe how Nariman's arrival changes things for the Chenoy family.
6. What indications are there in Chapter 8 that Nariman is not likely to ever go back to his own home?
7. What type of person is Coomy?
8. Describe why both Roxana and Yezad are puzzled about the amount of money in the budget envelopes.
9. What is significant about the introduction of Daisy Ichamora to Nariman?
10. What effect is Nariman's prolonged stay having on Roxana and Yezad, and what does Nariman tell them to do about it?
Compare and contrast the living conditions at Chateau Felicity and Pleasant Villa. How does each location impact the story, and what do you learn about the characters from their association with the two different homes?
As the family moves into more comfortable lodgings, begins to have more money, and find other interests, they begin to lose touch with each other and with their own values. Show how this affects the characters individually and as a family. Is this a natural progression of events in this story? Is it true in life as well as in fiction?
One of the techniques Mistry uses in Family Matters is humor. Describe some of the humorous incidents in the story and tell how they help to move the story along by relieving tension, revealing more about characters, or just providing a break in the narrative.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)