|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Kapur give Yezad?
(a) Photos of the neighborhood where Yezad grew up.
(b) A bonus for coming in on the holiday.
(c) An extra Santa suit.
(d) A lecture for leaving his family on Christmas.
2. What proposition does Jal make to Yezad and Roxana?
(a) That they remodel Pleasant Villa.
(b) That they send Jehangir, Murad, and Nariman to Chateau Felicity.
(c) They they hire a nurse for Nariman.
(d) That they sell their flat and move into Chateau Felicity.
3. What does Edul say he must use to repair Nariman's room?
(a) Many coats of plaster.
(b) A new wood beam.
(c) Heavy aluminum panels.
(d) A steel girder.
4. How do the children react to Kapur?
(a) Most are afraid of the Santa suit.
(b) Most jus want the candy Santa has to offer.
(c) Most are eager to sit on Santa's lap.
(d) Most are afraid of the Santa suit.
5. What request does Nariman make of Daisy after she first plays her violin for him?
(a) That she play her violin to wake him up.
(b) That she play his favorite song over and over.
(c) That she play her violin as he lies dying.
(d) That she play her violin as he goes to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
2. What arrives at Kapur's store that he get all excited about?
3. How does Edul's wife describe Nariman's home?
4. What does Murad get Jehangir for Christmas?
5. Who finally helps Nariman with the urinal?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways do Jal and Yezad begin to act differently after Coomy and Kapur's deaths?
2. What effect has acting as homework monitor had on Jehangir?
3. What are Mr. Kapur's wife's reasons for not wanting him to run for public office?
4. What is significant about the introduction of Daisy Ichamora to Nariman?
5. What did Murad do in order to have enough money to buy Christmas presents for his family?
6. How does Jal try to placate Edul Munshi's wife while Edul finishes the work in Jal and Coomy's apartment?
7. What changes in behavior does Kapur make in order to become more like the common people?
8. When Yezad wakes up during the night with chest pains, what does he attribute the cause to?
9. What happens to Yezad's work situation after Kapur's death?
10. What are some of Yezad's thoughts and actions in Chapter 15 that show he is changing?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)