|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Kapur act when Yezad asks about his Christmas present from Mr. Kapur?
(a) She says he would never give such a valuable gift.
(b) She says Yezad is fortunate to have had such a good boss.
(c) She says if Yezad can find it he can have it.
(d) She says Yezad must have been mistaken about Kapur's intention.
2. In Nariman's dream about a time when Lucy worked for another family in his building, what is Lucy doing?
(a) Singing and threatening to jump.
(b) Crying and threatening to quit.
(c) Crying and complaining about the heavy work load.
(d) Singing as she cleans the apartment.
3. What is Nariman's observation about how Coomy died?
(a) He says she died full of anger.
(b) He says she died much too soon.
(c) He says she died doing what she loved.
(d) He says she brought it on herself.
4. What gift does Kapur give Yezad?
(a) A lecture for leaving his family on Christmas.
(b) An extra Santa suit.
(c) Photos of the neighborhood where Yezad grew up.
(d) A bonus for coming in on the holiday.
5. What upsets the inspector most about the Parsi community?
(a) He thinks too many Parsi are uneducated.
(b) He thinks they do not have enough schools.
(c) He thinks it is shrinking.
(d) He thinks it is getting too large.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jehangir's parents react to being called to school on his behalf?
2. What items does Mr. Kapur order for his store during the holiday season?
3. How did Kapur react to Yezad's story in Chapter 15?
4. What does Edul say he must use to repair Nariman's room?
5. How do Coomy and Edul Munshi die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of Yezad's thoughts and actions in Chapter 15 that show he is changing?
2. Why does Jal take money from his account and go to visit Roxana?
3. What excuses do Roxana and Yezad make for Jehangir when his teacher tells them Jehangir has been taking bribes as homework monitor? How is Jehangir punished?
4. In what ways do Jal and Yezad begin to act differently after Coomy and Kapur's deaths?
5. As the family leaves Pleasant Villa for the last time, Roxana and Jehangir look out the car window and see the same bird, but each one interprets it differently. How do Roxana and Jehangir see the bird differently?
6. What does Yezad ask Vilas to do about the Christmas decorations, and what is Vilas' reaction?
7. Describe why both Roxana and Yezad are puzzled about the amount of money in the budget envelopes.
8. What can we learn about the relationship between Roxana and Yezad when Yezad tells Roxana he lost their money playing Matka?
9. What is significant about the introduction of Daisy Ichamora to Nariman?
10. What are Mr. Kapur's wife's reasons for not wanting him to run for public office?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)