|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much extra money does Roxana find in the budget envelopes?
(a) One hundred and twenty rupees.
(b) Forty five rupees.
(c) One hundred and eighty rupees.
(d) Sixty rupees.
2. What kind of reception does Yezad get from Kapur's wife?
(a) She invites him to stay with them for a while.
(b) She says he must never come to their house again.
(c) She welcomes him with open arms.
(d) She is very cold toward him.
3. What does Jal share with Yezad and Roxana after Coomy's death?
(a) Leftovers from the funeral.
(b) News about Coomy's will.
(c) Coomy's favorite recipes.
(d) Food he and Coomy had ordered.
4. What is Mr. Kapur's wife's view of public service?
(a) Service to community is for young men.
(b) Service to family is a woman's duty.
(c) Service to community comes first.
(d) Service to family comes first.
5. How do Coomy and Edul Munshi die?
(a) The plaster from the ceiling falls and smothers them.
(b) They fall from the roof.
(c) The ladder they are standing on gives way beneath them.
(d) A steel girder falls on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yezad tell Kapur happened while Kapur was out getting his blood pressure checked?
2. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
3. What two things bring Yezad comfort as the story nears its end?
4. What does Yezad think of as he sits with Nariman in the evening?
5. In Nariman's dream about a time when Lucy worked for another family in his building, what is Lucy doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yezad learn when he calls Mr. Kapur to say he will not be in to work because of Coomy's death?
2. How does Yezad's plan to coerce Kapur to run for municipal council backfire?
3. What can we learn about the relationship between Roxana and Yezad when Yezad tells Roxana he lost their money playing Matka?
4. What is significant about the introduction of Daisy Ichamora to Nariman?
5. What are Mr. Kapur's wife's reasons for not wanting him to run for public office?
6. As the family leaves Pleasant Villa for the last time, Roxana and Jehangir look out the car window and see the same bird, but each one interprets it differently. How do Roxana and Jehangir see the bird differently?
7. What effect has acting as homework monitor had on Jehangir?
8. What happens to Yezad's work situation after Kapur's death?
9. How does Jal try to placate Edul Munshi's wife while Edul finishes the work in Jal and Coomy's apartment?
10. What happens with Kapur and the children when Kapur puts on his Santa costume?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)