|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jehangir have to do after putting old and wrinkled money in the budget envelopes?
(a) Wash his hands.
(b) He is not required to do anything.
(c) Carefully seal the envelopes.
(d) Ask his mother to double check the envelopes.
2. How do the children react to Kapur?
(a) Most are afraid of the Santa suit.
(b) Most are eager to sit on Santa's lap.
(c) Most are afraid of the Santa suit.
(d) Most jus want the candy Santa has to offer.
3. What arrives at Kapur's store that he get all excited about?
(a) Members of the Shiv Sena.
(b) His Santa suit.
(c) Supplies for a second store.
(d) Lots of children.
4. What does Murad get Jehangir for Christmas?
(a) Three rupees.
(b) Three magzines.
(c) Three pictures.
(d) Three books.
5. What does Yezad tell Kapur happened while Kapur was out getting his blood pressure checked?
(a) Yezad promised that Kapur would remove the Christmas decorations.
(b) Yezad paid the Shiv Sena to leave Kapur alone.
(c) Two men from Shiv Sena came by and threatened him.
(d) The Shiv Sena announced their intentions to remove all Christmas decorations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yezad do when he comes to the fires temple?
2. In Nariman's dream about a time when Lucy worked for another family in his building, what is Lucy doing?
3. What does Jal find when he goes to visit Nariman at Pleasant Villa?
4. Why does Coomy agree to allow Edul Munshi to help fix up her apartment?
5. Why does Yezad have trouble finding another job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes in behavior does Kapur make in order to become more like the common people?
2. What excuses do Roxana and Yezad make for Jehangir when his teacher tells them Jehangir has been taking bribes as homework monitor? How is Jehangir punished?
3. How does Jal try to placate Edul Munshi's wife while Edul finishes the work in Jal and Coomy's apartment?
4. What did Murad do in order to have enough money to buy Christmas presents for his family?
5. Why does Jal take money from his account and go to visit Roxana?
6. What are some of Yezad's thoughts and actions in Chapter 15 that show he is changing?
7. As the family leaves Pleasant Villa for the last time, Roxana and Jehangir look out the car window and see the same bird, but each one interprets it differently. How do Roxana and Jehangir see the bird differently?
8. What does Yezad ask Vilas to do about the Christmas decorations, and what is Vilas' reaction?
9. What happens to Yezad's work situation after Kapur's death?
10. In what ways do Jal and Yezad begin to act differently after Coomy and Kapur's deaths?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)