|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rupees does Yezad give Villie for Matka?
(a) More than 800.
(b) Less than 700.
(c) Over 7,000.
(d) More than 700.
2. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
(a) He sells his watch.
(b) He gives his expensive clothes away.
(c) He sells his car.
(d) He buys a train pass.
3. What does Jal tell Roxana and Yezad would happen if he had his way about things?
(a) They would all live at Chateau Felicity.
(b) He would be able to give them more money.
(c) Roxana and Yezad would move to a larger place.
(d) They would put Nariman in a nursing home.
4. Why does Yezad not want Kapur to pay the Shiv Sena?
(a) Yezad knows Kapur cannot afford it.
(b) Yezad wants Kapur to run for office.
(c) Yezad wants Kapur to stand up for himself.
(d) Yezad knows the Shiv Sena will never get enough.
5. What does Jal find when he goes to visit Nariman at Pleasant Villa?
(a) Daisy has moved in with Roxana and Yezad.
(b) Daisy is playing her violin for Nariman.
(c) Daisy is giving Nariman music lessons.
(d) Daisy is taking care of Nariman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things bring Yezad comfort as the story nears its end?
2. What is Yezad's explanation for the extra money?
3. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
4. What does Yezad do when Vilas tries to tell him about one of his recent clients?
5. What does Yezad think of as he sits with Nariman in the evening?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)