|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rupees does Yezad give Villie for Matka?
(a) Less than 700.
(b) Over 7,000.
(c) More than 700.
(d) More than 800.
2. What does Jal tell Roxana and Yezad would happen if he had his way about things?
(a) They would put Nariman in a nursing home.
(b) Roxana and Yezad would move to a larger place.
(c) They would all live at Chateau Felicity.
(d) He would be able to give them more money.
3. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
(a) ,,,leaves a hole that can never be filled."
(b) ...leaves an emptiness that can never be filled."
(c) ...leave a hole that is too big to fill."
(d) ...creates a huge empty space."
4. Why does Yezad go to the store where he works on Christmas day?
(a) To help Kapur play Santa.
(b) To work overtime on the holiday.
(c) To return the money he took.
(d) To return a tool he had borrowed.
5. How does Edul's wife describe Nariman's home?
(a) The house of happiness.
(b) The house of much sadness.
(c) The house of uncertainty.
(d) The house of unhappiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roxana react when Yezad tells her he has lost all their money?
2. What does Edul say he must use to repair Nariman's room?
3. What request does Jehangir make one evening as he is having supper with his family?
4. Why does Yezad not want Kapur to pay the Shiv Sena?
5. How much extra money does Roxana find in the budget envelopes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Murad do in order to have enough money to buy Christmas presents for his family?
2. What changes in behavior does Kapur make in order to become more like the common people?
3. In what ways do Jal and Yezad begin to act differently after Coomy and Kapur's deaths?
4. Describe why both Roxana and Yezad are puzzled about the amount of money in the budget envelopes.
5. Why does Jal take money from his account and go to visit Roxana?
6. What impact does Mr. Kapur's decision about running for municipal council have on Yezad?
7. What effect has acting as homework monitor had on Jehangir?
8. When Yezad wakes up during the night with chest pains, what does he attribute the cause to?
9. What happens to Yezad's work situation after Kapur's death?
10. What does Yezad learn when he calls Mr. Kapur to say he will not be in to work because of Coomy's death?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)