|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Yezad when he stops at the temple and stays for prayers?
(a) He realizes he has forgotten all the prayers.
(b) He becomes confused about why he is there.
(c) He has a great feeling of peace.
(d) He realizes he no longer has a place in the temple.
2. How do Jehangir's parents react to being called to school on his behalf?
(a) They do nothing.
(b) They give him extra chores.
(c) They sign him up for summer school.
(d) They ask Nariman what to do.
3. What does Edul say he must use to repair Nariman's room?
(a) A steel girder.
(b) A new wood beam.
(c) Heavy aluminum panels.
(d) Many coats of plaster.
4. How does Mrs. Kapur act when Yezad asks about his Christmas present from Mr. Kapur?
(a) She says if Yezad can find it he can have it.
(b) She says Yezad is fortunate to have had such a good boss.
(c) She says Yezad must have been mistaken about Kapur's intention.
(d) She says he would never give such a valuable gift.
5. What does Jehangir have to do after putting old and wrinkled money in the budget envelopes?
(a) Wash his hands.
(b) He is not required to do anything.
(c) Carefully seal the envelopes.
(d) Ask his mother to double check the envelopes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Jehangir make one evening as he is having supper with his family?
2. What excuse does Kapur give for not running for municipal office?
3. What is Kapur's reaction when Yezad asks for an advance?
4. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
5. What arrives at Kapur's store that he get all excited about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes in behavior does Kapur make in order to become more like the common people?
2. What effect has acting as homework monitor had on Jehangir?
3. What are Mr. Kapur's wife's reasons for not wanting him to run for public office?
4. As the family leaves Pleasant Villa for the last time, Roxana and Jehangir look out the car window and see the same bird, but each one interprets it differently. How do Roxana and Jehangir see the bird differently?
5. Why does Jal take money from his account and go to visit Roxana?
6. What are some of Yezad's thoughts and actions in Chapter 15 that show he is changing?
7. Describe why both Roxana and Yezad are puzzled about the amount of money in the budget envelopes.
8. How does Jal try to placate Edul Munshi's wife while Edul finishes the work in Jal and Coomy's apartment?
9. When Yezad wakes up during the night with chest pains, what does he attribute the cause to?
10. What impact does Mr. Kapur's decision about running for municipal council have on Yezad?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)