|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of reception does Yezad get from Kapur's wife?
(a) She says he must never come to their house again.
(b) She welcomes him with open arms.
(c) She is very cold toward him.
(d) She invites him to stay with them for a while.
2. What gift does Kapur give Yezad?
(a) A lecture for leaving his family on Christmas.
(b) A bonus for coming in on the holiday.
(c) Photos of the neighborhood where Yezad grew up.
(d) An extra Santa suit.
3. Why is the store closed when Yezad returns to work the day after Coomy's funeral?
(a) Because Kapur has been killed.
(b) Because of the Christmas holidays.
(c) Because Kapur is grieving.
(d) Because Shiv Sena has shut it down.
4. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
(a) Kapur has given him too much responsibility.
(b) He cannot get Nariman out of his house.
(c) He has lost a chance at promotion.
(d) There are too many Christmas decorations.
5. What is Nariman's observation about how Coomy died?
(a) He says she died full of anger.
(b) He says she brought it on herself.
(c) He says she died much too soon.
(d) He says she died doing what she loved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yezad not want Kapur to pay the Shiv Sena?
2. What does Jal share with Yezad and Roxana after Coomy's death?
3. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
4. What dream does Nariman have that causes him to wake up screaming?
5. What is Mr. Kapur's wife's view of public service?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yezad's plan to coerce Kapur to run for municipal council backfire?
2. What changes in behavior does Kapur make in order to become more like the common people?
3. What are some of Yezad's thoughts and actions in Chapter 15 that show he is changing?
4. In what ways do Jal and Yezad begin to act differently after Coomy and Kapur's deaths?
5. As the family leaves Pleasant Villa for the last time, Roxana and Jehangir look out the car window and see the same bird, but each one interprets it differently. How do Roxana and Jehangir see the bird differently?
6. What excuses do Roxana and Yezad make for Jehangir when his teacher tells them Jehangir has been taking bribes as homework monitor? How is Jehangir punished?
7. What is significant about the introduction of Daisy Ichamora to Nariman?
8. What happens to Yezad's work situation after Kapur's death?
9. What does Yezad ask Vilas to do about the Christmas decorations, and what is Vilas' reaction?
10. What happens with Kapur and the children when Kapur puts on his Santa costume?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)