|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request does Jehangir make one evening as he is having supper with his family?
(a) To change his name.
(b) To leave home.
(c) To leave school.
(d) To change his religion.
2. What arrives at Kapur's store that he get all excited about?
(a) His Santa suit.
(b) Members of the Shiv Sena.
(c) Supplies for a second store.
(d) Lots of children.
3. How do Jehangir's parents react to being called to school on his behalf?
(a) They sign him up for summer school.
(b) They do nothing.
(c) They ask Nariman what to do.
(d) They give him extra chores.
4. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
(a) ...creates a huge empty space."
(b) ,,,leaves a hole that can never be filled."
(c) ...leave a hole that is too big to fill."
(d) ...leaves an emptiness that can never be filled."
5. What two things bring Yezad comfort as the story nears its end?
(a) Work and family.
(b) Work and the temple
(c) Family and friends.
(d) Family and the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Coomy and Edul Munshi die?
2. What upsets the inspector most about the Parsi community?
3. What message does Mrs. Kapur have for Yezad when he meets her at the store?
4. Who finally helps Nariman with the urinal?
5. What does Jehangir have to do after putting old and wrinkled money in the budget envelopes?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)