|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jal tell Roxana and Yezad would happen if he had his way about things?
(a) He would be able to give them more money.
(b) They would put Nariman in a nursing home.
(c) Roxana and Yezad would move to a larger place.
(d) They would all live at Chateau Felicity.
2. What dream does Nariman have that causes him to wake up screaming?
(a) Yasmin has pushed Lucy off the roof.
(b) Yasmin and Lucy have fallen from the roof.
(c) Lucy has pushed Yasmine off the roof.
(d) Nariman has fallen from the room with Yasmin and Lucy.
3. What does Yezad do when Vilas tries to tell him about one of his recent clients?
(a) Yezad listens carefully so he can help Vilas.
(b) Yezad asks if they can talk about the client later.
(c) Yezad tells Vilas he should not interfere in his client's lives.
(d) Yezad interrupts to talk about his own agenda.
4. What is Yezad's excuse for not helping Nariman with his urinal?
(a) He cannot stand to be around Nariman.
(b) Yezad promised himself that he would never touch the bedpan or urinal.
(c) He considers helping Nariman to be Roxana's job.
(d) He thinks Nariman is too needy.
5. Why does Yezad meet with Vilas and his two actor friends?
(a) To discuss the play Vilas is writing.
(b) To go together to meet the Shiv Sena.
(c) To write a letter to convince Kapur to run for office.
(d) To finalize the details of their scam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the plan that Yezad has developed that requires Vilas' help?
2. What proposition does Jal make to Yezad and Roxana?
3. What message does Mrs. Kapur have for Yezad when he meets her at the store?
4. What is Yezad's explanation for the extra money?
5. What is Mr. Kapur's wife's view of public service?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yezad's plan to coerce Kapur to run for municipal council backfire?
2. What changes in behavior does Kapur make in order to become more like the common people?
3. What are some of Yezad's thoughts and actions in Chapter 15 that show he is changing?
4. What excuses do Roxana and Yezad make for Jehangir when his teacher tells them Jehangir has been taking bribes as homework monitor? How is Jehangir punished?
5. What effect has acting as homework monitor had on Jehangir?
6. What impact does Mr. Kapur's decision about running for municipal council have on Yezad?
7. As the family leaves Pleasant Villa for the last time, Roxana and Jehangir look out the car window and see the same bird, but each one interprets it differently. How do Roxana and Jehangir see the bird differently?
8. What does Yezad ask Vilas to do about the Christmas decorations, and what is Vilas' reaction?
9. In what ways do Jal and Yezad begin to act differently after Coomy and Kapur's deaths?
10. What happens with Kapur and the children when Kapur puts on his Santa costume?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)