|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jal share with Yezad and Roxana after Coomy's death?
(a) News about Coomy's will.
(b) Leftovers from the funeral.
(c) Coomy's favorite recipes.
(d) Food he and Coomy had ordered.
2. What does Yezad tell Jehangir that his name means?
(a) King of the world.
(b) Conqueror of the world.
(c) Conqueror of India.
(d) King of India.
3. How do Jehangir's parents react to being called to school on his behalf?
(a) They give him extra chores.
(b) They ask Nariman what to do.
(c) They sign him up for summer school.
(d) They do nothing.
4. What dream does Nariman have that causes him to wake up screaming?
(a) Yasmin and Lucy have fallen from the roof.
(b) Lucy has pushed Yasmine off the roof.
(c) Yasmin has pushed Lucy off the roof.
(d) Nariman has fallen from the room with Yasmin and Lucy.
5. What proposition does Jal make to Yezad and Roxana?
(a) That they sell their flat and move into Chateau Felicity.
(b) That they send Jehangir, Murad, and Nariman to Chateau Felicity.
(c) That they remodel Pleasant Villa.
(d) They they hire a nurse for Nariman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nariman become agitated when Jal leaves after having dinner with the Chenoy family?
2. Why does Kapur not respond to Yezad's request about his new responsibilities?
3. What request does Jehangir make one evening as he is having supper with his family?
4. What two things bring Yezad comfort as the story nears its end?
5. What does Yezad do when he comes to the fires temple?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jal take money from his account and go to visit Roxana?
2. What does Yezad ask Vilas to do about the Christmas decorations, and what is Vilas' reaction?
3. What effect has acting as homework monitor had on Jehangir?
4. What happens to Yezad's work situation after Kapur's death?
5. What excuses do Roxana and Yezad make for Jehangir when his teacher tells them Jehangir has been taking bribes as homework monitor? How is Jehangir punished?
6. In what ways do Jal and Yezad begin to act differently after Coomy and Kapur's deaths?
7. What are Mr. Kapur's wife's reasons for not wanting him to run for public office?
8. Describe why both Roxana and Yezad are puzzled about the amount of money in the budget envelopes.
9. What can we learn about the relationship between Roxana and Yezad when Yezad tells Roxana he lost their money playing Matka?
10. What does Yezad learn when he calls Mr. Kapur to say he will not be in to work because of Coomy's death?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)