|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets the inspector most about the Parsi community?
(a) He thinks it is getting too large.
(b) He thinks too many Parsi are uneducated.
(c) He thinks they do not have enough schools.
(d) He thinks it is shrinking.
2. What arrives at Kapur's store that he get all excited about?
(a) Lots of children.
(b) Members of the Shiv Sena.
(c) His Santa suit.
(d) Supplies for a second store.
3. How does Roxana react when Yezad tells her he has lost all their money?
(a) She is stunned and cannot speak.
(b) She makes him leave the house.
(c) She makes him try to get it back.
(d) She forgives him.
4. What happens to Yezad when he stops at the temple and stays for prayers?
(a) He has a great feeling of peace.
(b) He realizes he no longer has a place in the temple.
(c) He realizes he has forgotten all the prayers.
(d) He becomes confused about why he is there.
5. What is Mr. Kapur's wife's view of public service?
(a) Service to family is a woman's duty.
(b) Service to family comes first.
(c) Service to community is for young men.
(d) Service to community comes first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yezad's explanation for the extra money?
2. Why does Miss Alvarez ask to speak to Jehangir's parents?
3. What does Jal share with Yezad and Roxana after Coomy's death?
4. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
5. What does Jehangir have to do after putting old and wrinkled money in the budget envelopes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Murad do in order to have enough money to buy Christmas presents for his family?
2. What happens to Yezad's work situation after Kapur's death?
3. As the family leaves Pleasant Villa for the last time, Roxana and Jehangir look out the car window and see the same bird, but each one interprets it differently. How do Roxana and Jehangir see the bird differently?
4. What happens with Kapur and the children when Kapur puts on his Santa costume?
5. What can we learn about the relationship between Roxana and Yezad when Yezad tells Roxana he lost their money playing Matka?
6. How does Yezad's plan to coerce Kapur to run for municipal council backfire?
7. Describe why both Roxana and Yezad are puzzled about the amount of money in the budget envelopes.
8. How does Jal try to placate Edul Munshi's wife while Edul finishes the work in Jal and Coomy's apartment?
9. What is significant about the introduction of Daisy Ichamora to Nariman?
10. Why does Jal take money from his account and go to visit Roxana?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)