|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yezad think of as he sits with Nariman in the evening?
(a) He is grateful he is not Nariman.
(b) He tries to visualize Nariman well.
(c) The agony Nariman is going through.
(d) The pain that Nariman is to those who care for him.
2. What message does Mrs. Kapur have for Yezad when he meets her at the store?
(a) She offers to sell the store to Yezad.
(b) The store is closed and he must clear out his things.
(c) The store is closed, but he is needed to do inventory.
(d) Only Yezad can learn to run the store as Kapur did.
3. How did Kapur react to Yezad's story in Chapter 15?
(a) He complimented Yezad on a job well done.
(b) He decided to do nothing immediately.
(c) He went into a rage and destroyed his window displays.
(d) He closed the store to avoid any more problems.
4. What is Mr. Kapur's wife's view of public service?
(a) Service to family comes first.
(b) Service to community is for young men.
(c) Service to family is a woman's duty.
(d) Service to community comes first.
5. What request does Jehangir make one evening as he is having supper with his family?
(a) To change his religion.
(b) To leave home.
(c) To change his name.
(d) To leave school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yezad do when Vilas tries to tell him about one of his recent clients?
2. How does Edul's wife describe Nariman's home?
3. What request does Nariman make of Daisy after she first plays her violin for him?
4. Why does Miss Alvarez ask to speak to Jehangir's parents?
5. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)