|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Coomy agree to allow Edul Munshi to help fix up her apartment?
(a) He is known for his excellent craftsmanship.
(b) He will finish quickly.
(c) He will take so long Nariman will never come home.
(d) He will not charge much.
2. What excuse does Kapur give for not running for municipal office?
(a) It is not the right time.
(b) He does not have enough money.
(c) He is too busy with the store.
(d) His wife is against it.
3. Why does Yezad go to the store where he works on Christmas day?
(a) To work overtime on the holiday.
(b) To help Kapur play Santa.
(c) To return a tool he had borrowed.
(d) To return the money he took.
4. How do Coomy and Edul Munshi die?
(a) They fall from the roof.
(b) A steel girder falls on them.
(c) The plaster from the ceiling falls and smothers them.
(d) The ladder they are standing on gives way beneath them.
5. What does Jal share with Yezad and Roxana after Coomy's death?
(a) Coomy's favorite recipes.
(b) Leftovers from the funeral.
(c) Food he and Coomy had ordered.
(d) News about Coomy's will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of reception does Yezad get from Kapur's wife?
2. What is the good omen that Roxana sees as the family leaves Pleasant Villa?
3. What message does Mrs. Kapur have for Yezad when he meets her at the store?
4. What is Nariman's observation about how Coomy died?
5. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe why both Roxana and Yezad are puzzled about the amount of money in the budget envelopes.
2. What happens with Kapur and the children when Kapur puts on his Santa costume?
3. What does Yezad learn when he calls Mr. Kapur to say he will not be in to work because of Coomy's death?
4. What did Murad do in order to have enough money to buy Christmas presents for his family?
5. What does Yezad ask Vilas to do about the Christmas decorations, and what is Vilas' reaction?
6. In what ways do Jal and Yezad begin to act differently after Coomy and Kapur's deaths?
7. What are some of Yezad's thoughts and actions in Chapter 15 that show he is changing?
8. How does Yezad's plan to coerce Kapur to run for municipal council backfire?
9. What are Mr. Kapur's wife's reasons for not wanting him to run for public office?
10. Why does Jal take money from his account and go to visit Roxana?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)