|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What items does Mr. Kapur order for his store during the holiday season?
(a) Enough supplies for a second store.
(b) Decorations for all the religious holidays.
(c) Fancy Christmas decorations.
(d) Food and wine to celebrate Christmas.
2. What upsets the inspector most about the Parsi community?
(a) He thinks it is getting too large.
(b) He thinks too many Parsi are uneducated.
(c) He thinks it is shrinking.
(d) He thinks they do not have enough schools.
3. What is Kapur's justification for not being treated like a common person?
(a) He is too well known in the community.
(b) His family is not from Bombay.
(c) He thinks he looks too much like a rich man.
(d) He does not attend the temple.
4. What message does Mrs. Kapur have for Yezad when he meets her at the store?
(a) Only Yezad can learn to run the store as Kapur did.
(b) She offers to sell the store to Yezad.
(c) The store is closed, but he is needed to do inventory.
(d) The store is closed and he must clear out his things.
5. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
(a) He smells of cigarette smoke.
(b) He smells of perfume.
(c) He smells of sandalwood.
(d) He smells of alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Kapur act when Yezad asks about his Christmas present from Mr. Kapur?
2. How do Jehangir's parents react to being called to school on his behalf?
3. What does Jal share with Yezad and Roxana after Coomy's death?
4. Who finally helps Nariman with the urinal?
5. How many rupees does Yezad give Villie for Matka?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Yezad's work situation after Kapur's death?
2. How does Jal try to placate Edul Munshi's wife while Edul finishes the work in Jal and Coomy's apartment?
3. What excuses do Roxana and Yezad make for Jehangir when his teacher tells them Jehangir has been taking bribes as homework monitor? How is Jehangir punished?
4. Why does Jal take money from his account and go to visit Roxana?
5. What effect has acting as homework monitor had on Jehangir?
6. What are some of Yezad's thoughts and actions in Chapter 15 that show he is changing?
7. What are Mr. Kapur's wife's reasons for not wanting him to run for public office?
8. In what ways do Jal and Yezad begin to act differently after Coomy and Kapur's deaths?
9. What did Murad do in order to have enough money to buy Christmas presents for his family?
10. What impact does Mr. Kapur's decision about running for municipal council have on Yezad?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)