|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kapur's reaction when Yezad asks for an advance?
(a) He grants the advance without question.
(b) He tells Yezad he will have to work for it.
(c) He does not bother to answer Yezad.
(d) He tells Yezad that if he gets an advance he will have to accept more responsibility.
2. What does Jal tell Roxana and Yezad would happen if he had his way about things?
(a) They would all live at Chateau Felicity.
(b) He would be able to give them more money.
(c) They would put Nariman in a nursing home.
(d) Roxana and Yezad would move to a larger place.
3. Why is the store closed when Yezad returns to work the day after Coomy's funeral?
(a) Because Kapur is grieving.
(b) Because Kapur has been killed.
(c) Because of the Christmas holidays.
(d) Because Shiv Sena has shut it down.
4. What message does Mrs. Kapur have for Yezad when he meets her at the store?
(a) The store is closed, but he is needed to do inventory.
(b) Only Yezad can learn to run the store as Kapur did.
(c) She offers to sell the store to Yezad.
(d) The store is closed and he must clear out his things.
5. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
(a) He buys a train pass.
(b) He sells his car.
(c) He sells his watch.
(d) He gives his expensive clothes away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yezad do when Vilas tries to tell him about one of his recent clients?
2. What is Mr. Kapur's wife's view of public service?
3. In Nariman's dream about a time when Lucy worked for another family in his building, what is Lucy doing?
4. What does Edul say he must use to repair Nariman's room?
5. How many rupees does Yezad give Villie for Matka?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Mr. Kapur's wife's reasons for not wanting him to run for public office?
2. What does Yezad learn when he calls Mr. Kapur to say he will not be in to work because of Coomy's death?
3. What are some of Yezad's thoughts and actions in Chapter 15 that show he is changing?
4. What effect has acting as homework monitor had on Jehangir?
5. What changes in behavior does Kapur make in order to become more like the common people?
6. What did Murad do in order to have enough money to buy Christmas presents for his family?
7. What happens with Kapur and the children when Kapur puts on his Santa costume?
8. As the family leaves Pleasant Villa for the last time, Roxana and Jehangir look out the car window and see the same bird, but each one interprets it differently. How do Roxana and Jehangir see the bird differently?
9. What can we learn about the relationship between Roxana and Yezad when Yezad tells Roxana he lost their money playing Matka?
10. Why does Jal take money from his account and go to visit Roxana?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)