|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Murad get Jehangir for Christmas?
(a) Three rupees.
(b) Three magzines.
(c) Three books.
(d) Three pictures.
2. How much extra money does Roxana find in the budget envelopes?
(a) One hundred and twenty rupees.
(b) Forty five rupees.
(c) One hundred and eighty rupees.
(d) Sixty rupees.
3. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
(a) He asks his lawyer to look at them.
(b) He tears them up.
(c) He files them for future use.
(d) He checks them carefully and mails them.
4. What excuse does Kapur give for not running for municipal office?
(a) It is not the right time.
(b) He does not have enough money.
(c) He is too busy with the store.
(d) His wife is against it.
5. What does Jal find when he goes to visit Nariman at Pleasant Villa?
(a) Daisy is taking care of Nariman.
(b) Daisy is playing her violin for Nariman.
(c) Daisy is giving Nariman music lessons.
(d) Daisy has moved in with Roxana and Yezad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yezad's excuse for not helping Nariman with his urinal?
2. What is Kapur's justification for not being treated like a common person?
3. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
4. What arrives at Kapur's store that he get all excited about?
5. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways do Jal and Yezad begin to act differently after Coomy and Kapur's deaths?
2. What impact does Mr. Kapur's decision about running for municipal council have on Yezad?
3. What is significant about the introduction of Daisy Ichamora to Nariman?
4. What are Mr. Kapur's wife's reasons for not wanting him to run for public office?
5. What can we learn about the relationship between Roxana and Yezad when Yezad tells Roxana he lost their money playing Matka?
6. When Yezad wakes up during the night with chest pains, what does he attribute the cause to?
7. What did Murad do in order to have enough money to buy Christmas presents for his family?
8. What effect has acting as homework monitor had on Jehangir?
9. What does Yezad learn when he calls Mr. Kapur to say he will not be in to work because of Coomy's death?
10. As the family leaves Pleasant Villa for the last time, Roxana and Jehangir look out the car window and see the same bird, but each one interprets it differently. How do Roxana and Jehangir see the bird differently?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)