|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rupees does Yezad give Villie for Matka?
(a) Less than 700.
(b) Over 7,000.
(c) More than 800.
(d) More than 700.
2. What does Jal find when he goes to visit Nariman at Pleasant Villa?
(a) Daisy is playing her violin for Nariman.
(b) Daisy has moved in with Roxana and Yezad.
(c) Daisy is giving Nariman music lessons.
(d) Daisy is taking care of Nariman.
3. How do Coomy and Edul Munshi die?
(a) They fall from the roof.
(b) The plaster from the ceiling falls and smothers them.
(c) The ladder they are standing on gives way beneath them.
(d) A steel girder falls on them.
4. What excuse does Kapur give for not running for municipal office?
(a) His wife is against it.
(b) He does not have enough money.
(c) It is not the right time.
(d) He is too busy with the store.
5. What kind of reception does Yezad get from Kapur's wife?
(a) She is very cold toward him.
(b) She says he must never come to their house again.
(c) She invites him to stay with them for a while.
(d) She welcomes him with open arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Kapur give Yezad?
2. Why does Kapur not respond to Yezad's request about his new responsibilities?
3. How do Jehangir's parents react to being called to school on his behalf?
4. What dream does Nariman have that causes him to wake up screaming?
5. What is Mr. Kapur's wife's view of public service?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Yezad's work situation after Kapur's death?
2. How does Jal try to placate Edul Munshi's wife while Edul finishes the work in Jal and Coomy's apartment?
3. How does Yezad's plan to coerce Kapur to run for municipal council backfire?
4. What does Yezad learn when he calls Mr. Kapur to say he will not be in to work because of Coomy's death?
5. What did Murad do in order to have enough money to buy Christmas presents for his family?
6. What happens with Kapur and the children when Kapur puts on his Santa costume?
7. What is significant about the introduction of Daisy Ichamora to Nariman?
8. As the family leaves Pleasant Villa for the last time, Roxana and Jehangir look out the car window and see the same bird, but each one interprets it differently. How do Roxana and Jehangir see the bird differently?
9. What can we learn about the relationship between Roxana and Yezad when Yezad tells Roxana he lost their money playing Matka?
10. What are some of Yezad's thoughts and actions in Chapter 15 that show he is changing?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)