|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets the inspector most about the Parsi community?
(a) He thinks it is shrinking.
(b) He thinks they do not have enough schools.
(c) He thinks it is getting too large.
(d) He thinks too many Parsi are uneducated.
2. What happens to Yezad when he stops at the temple and stays for prayers?
(a) He has a great feeling of peace.
(b) He becomes confused about why he is there.
(c) He realizes he has forgotten all the prayers.
(d) He realizes he no longer has a place in the temple.
3. What is the plan that Yezad has developed that requires Vilas' help?
(a) To have Vilas help Yezad protect Kapur's store.
(b) To steal every Christmas decoration they can find.
(c) To have Shiv Sena destroy all the Santa Claus displays in the stores.
(d) To have Vilas help Yezad destroy Kapur's Christmas decorations.
4. What does Jal share with Yezad and Roxana after Coomy's death?
(a) Leftovers from the funeral.
(b) Coomy's favorite recipes.
(c) News about Coomy's will.
(d) Food he and Coomy had ordered.
5. Why does Coomy agree to allow Edul Munshi to help fix up her apartment?
(a) He will take so long Nariman will never come home.
(b) He is known for his excellent craftsmanship.
(c) He will finish quickly.
(d) He will not charge much.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much extra money does Roxana find in the budget envelopes?
2. What proposition does Jal make to Yezad and Roxana?
3. What is the good omen that Roxana sees as the family leaves Pleasant Villa?
4. What arrives at Kapur's store that he get all excited about?
5. What request does Nariman make of Daisy after she first plays her violin for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can we learn about the relationship between Roxana and Yezad when Yezad tells Roxana he lost their money playing Matka?
2. What are some of Yezad's thoughts and actions in Chapter 15 that show he is changing?
3. How does Yezad's plan to coerce Kapur to run for municipal council backfire?
4. What does Yezad ask Vilas to do about the Christmas decorations, and what is Vilas' reaction?
5. Describe why both Roxana and Yezad are puzzled about the amount of money in the budget envelopes.
6. What impact does Mr. Kapur's decision about running for municipal council have on Yezad?
7. When Yezad wakes up during the night with chest pains, what does he attribute the cause to?
8. What effect has acting as homework monitor had on Jehangir?
9. What does Yezad learn when he calls Mr. Kapur to say he will not be in to work because of Coomy's death?
10. What happens with Kapur and the children when Kapur puts on his Santa costume?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)