|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yezad meet with Vilas and his two actor friends?
(a) To write a letter to convince Kapur to run for office.
(b) To finalize the details of their scam.
(c) To go together to meet the Shiv Sena.
(d) To discuss the play Vilas is writing.
2. How does Roxana react when Yezad tells her he has lost all their money?
(a) She makes him leave the house.
(b) She makes him try to get it back.
(c) She is stunned and cannot speak.
(d) She forgives him.
3. In Nariman's dream about a time when Lucy worked for another family in his building, what is Lucy doing?
(a) Crying and threatening to quit.
(b) Singing and threatening to jump.
(c) Singing as she cleans the apartment.
(d) Crying and complaining about the heavy work load.
4. What proposition does Jal make to Yezad and Roxana?
(a) They they hire a nurse for Nariman.
(b) That they remodel Pleasant Villa.
(c) That they send Jehangir, Murad, and Nariman to Chateau Felicity.
(d) That they sell their flat and move into Chateau Felicity.
5. What awakens Yezad in the middle of the night?
(a) Chest pains.
(b) Leg cramp.s
(c) A siren.
(d) His children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kapur's reaction when Yezad asks for an advance?
2. What items does Mr. Kapur order for his store during the holiday season?
3. What message does Mrs. Kapur have for Yezad when he meets her at the store?
4. Why does Yezad go to the store where he works on Christmas day?
5. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect has acting as homework monitor had on Jehangir?
2. When Yezad wakes up during the night with chest pains, what does he attribute the cause to?
3. What can we learn about the relationship between Roxana and Yezad when Yezad tells Roxana he lost their money playing Matka?
4. What impact does Mr. Kapur's decision about running for municipal council have on Yezad?
5. What are some of Yezad's thoughts and actions in Chapter 15 that show he is changing?
6. What happens to Yezad's work situation after Kapur's death?
7. What does Yezad ask Vilas to do about the Christmas decorations, and what is Vilas' reaction?
8. What did Murad do in order to have enough money to buy Christmas presents for his family?
9. How does Yezad's plan to coerce Kapur to run for municipal council backfire?
10. What are Mr. Kapur's wife's reasons for not wanting him to run for public office?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)