|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yezad tell Kapur happened while Kapur was out getting his blood pressure checked?
(a) Yezad promised that Kapur would remove the Christmas decorations.
(b) The Shiv Sena announced their intentions to remove all Christmas decorations.
(c) Two men from Shiv Sena came by and threatened him.
(d) Yezad paid the Shiv Sena to leave Kapur alone.
2. How much extra money does Roxana find in the budget envelopes?
(a) Forty five rupees.
(b) One hundred and twenty rupees.
(c) One hundred and eighty rupees.
(d) Sixty rupees.
3. Why does Kapur not respond to Yezad's request about his new responsibilities?
(a) Kapur has not made up his mind about the new responsibilities.
(b) Kapur tells Yezad he will find out in time.
(c) Kapur is mad at Yezad for breaking an ornament,
(d) Kapur is too excited about his Christmas decorations.
4. What does Jal find when he goes to visit Nariman at Pleasant Villa?
(a) Daisy has moved in with Roxana and Yezad.
(b) Daisy is taking care of Nariman.
(c) Daisy is giving Nariman music lessons.
(d) Daisy is playing her violin for Nariman.
5. What does Jehangir have to do after putting old and wrinkled money in the budget envelopes?
(a) He is not required to do anything.
(b) Wash his hands.
(c) Ask his mother to double check the envelopes.
(d) Carefully seal the envelopes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yezad's excuse for not helping Nariman with his urinal?
2. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
3. How does Edul's wife describe Nariman's home?
4. Why does Nariman become agitated when Jal leaves after having dinner with the Chenoy family?
5. Why does Yezad go to the store where he works on Christmas day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes in behavior does Kapur make in order to become more like the common people?
2. What happens to Yezad's work situation after Kapur's death?
3. What did Murad do in order to have enough money to buy Christmas presents for his family?
4. What are Mr. Kapur's wife's reasons for not wanting him to run for public office?
5. What are some of Yezad's thoughts and actions in Chapter 15 that show he is changing?
6. What can we learn about the relationship between Roxana and Yezad when Yezad tells Roxana he lost their money playing Matka?
7. What happens with Kapur and the children when Kapur puts on his Santa costume?
8. How does Yezad's plan to coerce Kapur to run for municipal council backfire?
9. What impact does Mr. Kapur's decision about running for municipal council have on Yezad?
10. Describe why both Roxana and Yezad are puzzled about the amount of money in the budget envelopes.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)