|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news about his intentions does Mr. Kapur share with Yezad as they get together after work?
(a) He is considering selling the store.
(b) He is considering running for the municipal council.
(c) He is considering adding on the the store he has.
(d) He is considering buying another store.
2. Why does Coomy get angry during the discussion about the cost of caring for Nariman?
(a) She says she is doing the best she can.
(b) She thinks Roxana is accusing her of stealing.
(c) She loves Nariman and doesn't want to lose him.
(d) She thinks Roxana is too critical of her.
3. What does Mr. Kapur do when he learns that Husain is unable to work?
(a) He comforts him.
(b) He fires him.
(c) He insists that Husain try to work.
(d) He sends him home.
4. How long does Roxana tell Yezad that Nariman will stay with them?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Until he is well.
5. How long will Nariman have to care for his foot?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Four months.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Four days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chenoy family argue about at supper after returning from Chateau Felicity with Nariman?
2. What is Jal's concern about leaving his father at Roxana's?
3. Why do Vilas' friends urge Yezad to stay away from Matka?
4. Which of the following is most true about Coomy?
5. How are Murad and Jehangir instructed to act when they arrive at Nariman's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Coomy's excuse for wanting to move Nariman to Roxana's, and what is her real reason?
2. What was the result of Nariman's visit from Dr. Tarapore at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. What choices does Coomy make about caring for Nariman at home and why?
4. What is one of Coomy's worst fears and how is it realized?
5. What is Dr. Tarapore's diagnosis when Coomy and Jal consult him about Nariman's crying episodes?
6. What indications are there in Chapter 8 that Nariman is not likely to ever go back to his own home?
7. What is the significance of Yezad's visit to Villie Cardmaster?
8. Who are the Shiv Sena?
9. Describe the ways in which Roxana, Jehangir, and Yezad react to Nariman's presence in their home.
10. How has the Chenoy family financial situation affected Murad and Jehangir?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)