|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Husain only work part time?
(a) He goes to school.
(b) He is physically challenged.
(c) He has another job.
(d) He is a victim of earlier riots.
2. Who is to play in the afternoon cricket match?
(a) Students and non-students.
(b) Catholics and Indians.
(c) Catholics and non-Catholics.
(d) Slaves and non-slaves.
3. When Coomy calls in Dr. Tarapore, what is his concern about Nariman?
(a) He thinks Nariman is in danger of depression.
(b) He thinks Nariman needs a change of scenery.
(c) He thinks Nariman may be crazy.
(d) He thinks Nariman is perfectly normal and tells Coomy not to worry.
4. What does the x-ray of Nariman's ankle reveal?
(a) The ankle is healing nicely.
(b) The ankle is healing, but will not be strong enough to walk on.
(c) The ankle is only beginning to heal.
(d) The ankle needs to be reset.
5. What is the subject of the argument between Roxana and Coomy?
(a) Jehangir's behavior.
(b) Murad's behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What responsibility does Murad take on himself at home that upsets Yezad?
2. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
3. Which of the following seems most sensitive to Nariman's needs?
4. Because of her many rules and constant crabbing, Nariman thinks Coomy is best suited for which of the following positions?
5. What does Nariman offer to do to help Jehangir?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Yezad changed throughout the course of this story?
2. What arguments to Vilas and his friends use to discourage Yezad from playing Matka?
3. Describe the tactics Coomy uses to convince Roxana to let Nariman stay at Roxana's.
4. What is Dr. Tarapore's diagnosis when Coomy and Jal consult him about Nariman's crying episodes?
5. What happens to Yezad's work situation after Kapur's death?
6. What are Mr. Kapur's wife's reasons for not wanting him to run for public office?
7. In what ways do Jal and Yezad begin to act differently after Coomy and Kapur's deaths?
8. Describe Nariman's relationship with his grandsons.
9. Describe the relationship between Nariman and Jehangir.
10. What was the result of Nariman's visit from Dr. Tarapore at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)