|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Murad and Jehangir instructed to act when they arrive at Nariman's home?
(a) They are told to sit on the floor.
(b) They are not given instructions.
(c) They are told to play quietly.
(d) They are told to sit like statues.
2. How does Yezad get to work?
(a) By train.
(b) By car.
(c) By foot.
(d) By bus.
3. What relation are Murad and Jehangir to Nariman?
(a) They are his grandchildren.
(b) They are his son and daughter.
(c) They are his foster children.
(d) They are his stepchildren.
4. What offer does Roxana make when Coomy mentions moving their father to Roxana's?
(a) Roxana promises she and her family will visit Nariman every evening.
(b) Roxana eagerly welcomes him.
(c) Roxana says Nariman is welcome, even though it will be crowded.
(d) Roxana says that is the best thing for Nariman.
5. What type of school do Murad and Jehangir attend?
(a) A private boys' school.
(b) An English-style school.
(c) A public school.
(d) A prep school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
2. What does Jehangir propose to Murad on their way to school?
3. A few days after Nariman's return home, Dr. Tarapore is asked to do another x-ray. What does this one show?
4. What does Nariman offer to do to help Jehangir?
5. What service does Jehangir provide for Nariman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basis of the argument between Coomy and Roxana at the beginning of Chapter 9? How is this argument different from others they have had?
2. What do you know of VIkram Kapur from the incidents in Chapter 7?
3. Describe the ways in which Roxana, Jehangir, and Yezad react to Nariman's presence in their home.
4. What is Dr. Tarapore's diagnosis when Coomy and Jal consult him about Nariman's crying episodes?
5. Describe the living conditions for Nariman Vakeel at the beginning of the novel.
6. What arguments to Vilas and his friends use to discourage Yezad from playing Matka?
7. What is the significance of Yezad's visit to Villie Cardmaster?
8. What do Vilas and Yezad talk about as they return to work after meeting Vilas' two friends? Why is this important?
9. What is Yezad's solution when both boys want to sleep on the balcony, and what does it tell you about Yezad's character?
10. What type of person is Coomy?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)