|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Coomy give to convince Roxana to let her father move in?
(a) She says it is only fair that they share responsibility.
(b) She says it will help avoid depression.
(c) She says Nariman likes Roxana better.
(d) She says Jal cannot take it any longer.
2. How does Dr. Tarapore's impending visit affect Nariman?
(a) He has a nervous stomach.
(b) He gets excited.
(c) He get a bad headache.
(d) He is worried he is not healing fast enough.
3. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
(a) He is a friend of Yezad.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) He works in a bookstore.
(d) He writes letters for others.
4. How does Jal explain the constant hammering that Yezad asks about?
(a) He says it is their crazy neighbor.
(b) He says it is the neighbor's children playing.
(c) He says their neighbor is a carpenter.
(d) He says it is the apartment manager.
5. What is Nariman's occupation?
(a) He is a retired professor.
(b) He is a retired musician.
(c) He is an active professor.
(d) He is a part-time teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of story does Vilas propose to write for his drama club?
2. Why do Coomy and Jal not want Nariman to go out alone?
3. How long does Nariman stay in the hospital?
4. What is revealed about Yezad's background in Chapter 2?
5. Who does Coomy initially ask for help when Nariman is brought home with an injured ankle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of person is Coomy?
2. What is the significance of Yezad's visit to Villie Cardmaster?
3. What is Nariman's relationship with his family?
4. What examples can you find in Chapter 4 to prove that Coomy is selfish and only pretends to think of others first?
5. What is Nariman's deepest regret?
6. What arguments to Vilas and his friends use to discourage Yezad from playing Matka?
7. What is Yezad's solution when both boys want to sleep on the balcony, and what does it tell you about Yezad's character?
8. What does Roxana do with the plaster the doctor removes from Nariman's cast, and why is it significant to the rest of the story?
9. Who is Husain and what is his role in the story?
10. What is the difference in how Coomy and Nariman feel after Roxana and her family leave?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)