|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Coomy give for not having told Roxana about the accident?
(a) She knows Roxana would insist on taking care of Nariman.
(b) She knows Roxana would blame her for letting Nariman get hurt.
(c) She knows Roxana did not have room to care for her father.
(d) She said Roxana is too busy with her family to have time for Nariman.
2. How does Nariman help Jehangir go back to sleep when Jehangir is restless?
(a) He tells Jehangir a story.
(b) He tells Jehangir to pray quietly.
(c) He sings Jehangir a lullaby.
(d) He tells Jehangir to hold Nariman's hand.
3. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
(a) They are his grandchildren.
(b) They are his son and daughter.
(c) They are his stepchildren.
(d) They are his foster children.
4. What does Coomy use to clean Nariman's teeth?
(a) Laundry detergent.
(b) Dishwashing liquid.
(d) Toilet bowl cleaner.
5. What is the Chenoy family hoping to learn from Dr. Tarapore's visit?
(a) That Nariman is well enough to go home.
(b) That Nariman no longer needs continual care.
(c) That he can completely remove Nariman's cast.
(d) That Nariman can move into his own place.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Roxana and her family arrive for dinner, what is Coomy's reaction?
2. What is Jal upset with Coomy about after Roxana and Yezad leave?
3. What is Matka?
4. How does the doctor treat Nariman's injury at the hospital?
5. Why are Jehangir and Murad excited about having Nariman stay with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of person is Coomy?
2. Who are the Shiv Sena?
3. What is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks, and why is mention of his flashbacks important to the story?
4. What jobs does Vilas Rane hold?
5. What is the significance of Yezad's visit to Villie Cardmaster?
6. Describe the atmosphere in the Vakeel home after Roxana and her family arrive.
7. Describe Roxana's relationship with Coomy and Jal.
8. Why is it important to Yezad that Kapur run for municipal office?
9. Describe the tactics Coomy uses to convince Roxana to let Nariman stay at Roxana's.
10. What indications are there in Chapter 8 that Nariman is not likely to ever go back to his own home?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)