|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the author indicate that Nariman will be able to move about and take care of himself?
(a) It is hard to tell from the story.
(b) About three weeks.
(c) It depends on the exercises he does.
2. What does Husain do when he is having a "good" day?
(a) He helps Yezad.
(b) He waits on customers.
(c) He orders supplies.
(d) He does odd jobs around the store.
3. What responsibility does Murad take on himself at home that upsets Yezad?
(a) Weeding the flowerbeds.
(b) Setting the table.
(c) Helping prepare supper.
(d) Winding the clock.
4. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) He works in a bookstore.
(c) He is a friend of Yezad.
(d) He writes letters for others.
5. How are Murad and Jehangir instructed to act when they arrive at Nariman's home?
(a) They are told to sit like statues.
(b) They are told to sit on the floor.
(c) They are told to play quietly.
(d) They are not given instructions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jehangir go to visit Villie Cardmaster?
2. Because of her many rules and constant crabbing, Nariman thinks Coomy is best suited for which of the following positions?
3. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
4. What is Coomy preparing to do when Yezad and Roxana arrive at her home to discuss her concerns for Nariman?
5. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Nariman's relationship with his grandsons.
2. What arguments to Vilas and his friends use to discourage Yezad from playing Matka?
3. What is Nariman's deepest regret?
4. What is one of Coomy's worst fears and how is it realized?
5. Who are the Shiv Sena?
6. What was the result of Nariman's visit from Dr. Tarapore at the beginning of Chapter 8?
7. What is the difference in how Coomy and Nariman feel after Roxana and her family leave?
8. What is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks, and why is mention of his flashbacks important to the story?
9. How has the Chenoy family financial situation affected Murad and Jehangir?
10. What is the significance of Yezad's visit to Villie Cardmaster?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)