|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Mr. Kapur's action affect Yezad?
(a) It would give Yezad an opportunity to own his own store.
(b) It would mean he could lose his job.
(c) It would mean he might have to work more hours.
(d) It would mean more responsibility and more money.
2. What does Mr. Kapur do when he learns that Husain is unable to work?
(a) He sends him home.
(b) He insists that Husain try to work.
(c) He fires him.
(d) He comforts him.
3. When does Coomy intend to let Nariman come home?
(a) When she returns from vacation.
(b) When he can care for himself.
(c) In three weeks.
4. Who asks Nariman for his assistance while he is in the hospital?
(a) Dr. Tarapore and Dr. Fitter.
(b) Mr. Rangarajan and an orderly.
(c) Mr Rangaragan and Dr. Tarapore.
(d) Dr. Tarapore and an orderly.
5. What is the Chenoy family hoping to learn from Dr. Tarapore's visit?
(a) That Nariman is well enough to go home.
(b) That he can completely remove Nariman's cast.
(c) That Nariman can move into his own place.
(d) That Nariman no longer needs continual care.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Roxana tell Yezad that Nariman will stay with them?
2. What does Coomy confess to Jal about caring for their father?
3. What happens as the Chenoys wait at the bus stop?
4. What does Husain do when he is having a "good" day?
5. What is Jal's concern about leaving his father at Roxana's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Roxana's relationship with Coomy and Jal.
2. What is Dr. Tarapore's diagnosis when Coomy and Jal consult him about Nariman's crying episodes?
3. What is Nariman's relationship with his family?
4. What does Roxana do with the plaster the doctor removes from Nariman's cast, and why is it significant to the rest of the story?
5. Who are the Shiv Sena?
6. Describe the tactics Coomy uses to convince Roxana to let Nariman stay at Roxana's.
7. Describe the living conditions for the Chenoy family.
8. What choices does Coomy make about caring for Nariman at home and why?
9. Describe the living conditions for Nariman Vakeel at the beginning of the novel.
10. What is the difference in how Coomy and Nariman feel after Roxana and her family leave?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)