|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jehangir's job as homework monitor in jeopardy?
(a) He is getting too old for the job.
(b) He has accepted too many bribes.
(c) His grades are not good enough for him to keep the job.
(d) He does not pay attention to what he is doing.
2. What news about his intentions does Mr. Kapur share with Yezad as they get together after work?
(a) He is considering adding on the the store he has.
(b) He is considering buying another store.
(c) He is considering running for the municipal council.
(d) He is considering selling the store.
3. Who asks Nariman for his assistance while he is in the hospital?
(a) Mr Rangaragan and Dr. Tarapore.
(b) Dr. Tarapore and Dr. Fitter.
(c) Dr. Tarapore and an orderly.
(d) Mr. Rangarajan and an orderly.
4. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
(a) He is talking to Roxana.
(b) He is complaining about his care.
(c) He is talking to himself.
(d) He is crying.
5. What opportunity does one of the customers present to Yezad?
(a) To leave his job and take a better one.
(b) To receive protection from the rioters.
(c) To pad the bill and make extra money.
(d) To receive an extra shipment without paying for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Coomy give for not having told Roxana about the accident?
2. How long does Roxana tell Yezad that Nariman will stay with them?
3. Which of the following seems most sensitive to Nariman's needs?
4. How does the cleaning woman awaken Coomy?
5. Who is to play in the afternoon cricket match?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Shiv Sena?
2. What is one of Coomy's worst fears and how is it realized?
3. Why does Jal take money from his account and go to visit Roxana?
4. What jobs does Vilas Rane hold?
5. Describe how Nariman's arrival changes things for the Chenoy family.
6. What indications are there in Chapter 8 that Nariman is not likely to ever go back to his own home?
7. What type of person is Coomy?
8. Describe why both Roxana and Yezad are puzzled about the amount of money in the budget envelopes.
9. What is significant about the introduction of Daisy Ichamora to Nariman?
10. What effect is Nariman's prolonged stay having on Roxana and Yezad, and what does Nariman tell them to do about it?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)