|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roxana's advice to Jehangir about writing a book?
(a) He should only write the truth.
(b) He should be careful not to hurt anyone's feelings.
(c) He should only write nice things.
(d) He should not write about his own family.
2. Who does Coomy initially ask for help when Nariman is brought home with an injured ankle?
(a) The men who brought him home.
(b) She did not ask for help.
(c) Their neighbor Dr. Fitter.
(d) Their regular doctor, Dr. Tarapore.
3. Why do Vilas' friends urge Yezad to stay away from Matka?
(a) Matka is illegal.
(b) It supports the black market.
(c) Its profits benefit Shiv Sena.
(d) Yezad's religion forbids Matka.
4. What was Dr. Tarapore's decision concerning Nariman?
(a) That he should wait another week to remove the cast.
(b) That Nariman should wear the cast for another month.
(c) That he should replace Nariman's cast with a lighter one.
(d) That he would remove the entire cast immediately.
5. How does Nariman injure his ankle?
(a) He falls down the stairs.
(b) He falls into a trench.
(c) He falls while playing a game.
(d) He falls over an unseen object.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opportunity does one of the customers present to Yezad?
2. How does Yezad use the item he borrowed from his neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
3. How are Murad and Jehangir instructed to act when they arrive at Nariman's home?
4. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
5. How does Coomy hope to combat the smell of Nariman's bowel movements?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Roxana's relationship with Coomy and Jal.
2. What examples can you find in Chapter 4 to prove that Coomy is selfish and only pretends to think of others first?
3. What is Dr. Tarapore's diagnosis when Coomy and Jal consult him about Nariman's crying episodes?
4. What is the difference in how Coomy and Nariman feel after Roxana and her family leave?
5. Describe Coomy's action and Nariman's reaction when Nariman asks Coomy to clean his teeth.
6. What do Vilas and Yezad talk about as they return to work after meeting Vilas' two friends? Why is this important?
7. Describe the tactics Coomy uses to convince Roxana to let Nariman stay at Roxana's.
8. Nariman is well known in the Bombay medical community. What evidence is there that his opinion is valued?
9. Who is Husain and what is his role in the story?
10. Describe the living conditions for the Chenoy family.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)