|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Husain do when he is having a "bad" day?
(a) He follows Yezad around and mutters.
(b) He sits in a corner and cries.
(c) He cowers in the storeroom.
(d) He does not show up for work.
2. Why does Coomy request that Phoola Phoola clean her room first?
(a) So she can watch to see that it is done correctly.
(b) So she can go back to bed.
(c) Because it was not cleaned the last time.
(d) So she can spend time with her father.
3. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
(a) He is becoming more loving.
(b) He is living less and less in the present world.
(c) He is becoming more alert.
(d) He is becoming more aware of his mortality.
4. What kind of story does Vilas propose to write for his drama club?
(a) One of torture and death.
(b) One of success.
(c) One of life and celebration.
(d) One about awakening the poor to their plight.
5. How does Dr. Tarapore's impending visit affect Nariman?
(a) He is worried he is not healing fast enough.
(b) He gets excited.
(c) He get a bad headache.
(d) He has a nervous stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roxana stop Jehangir from explaining his book to Nariman?
2. According to Coomy, who is supposed to inherit Chateau Felicity?
3. What does Miss Alvarez think of the position of homework monitor?
4. When does Coomy intend to let Nariman come home?
5. What does Mr. Kapur do when he learns that Husain is unable to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the living conditions for the Chenoy family.
2. When Yezad wakes up during the night with chest pains, what does he attribute the cause to?
3. What excuses do Roxana and Yezad make for Jehangir when his teacher tells them Jehangir has been taking bribes as homework monitor? How is Jehangir punished?
4. How does Yezad's plan to coerce Kapur to run for municipal council backfire?
5. Describe the atmosphere in the Vakeel home after Roxana and her family arrive.
6. What is Dr. Tarapore's diagnosis when Coomy and Jal consult him about Nariman's crying episodes?
7. In what ways do Jal and Yezad begin to act differently after Coomy and Kapur's deaths?
8. What did Murad do in order to have enough money to buy Christmas presents for his family?
9. Describe Nariman's relationship with his grandsons.
10. What is Nariman's deepest regret?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)