|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as the Chenoys wait at the bus stop?
(a) Murad and Jehangir get in a fight.
(b) Roxana is abducted.
(c) Yezad is beaten and robbed.
(d) They are accosted by a pair of drunks.
2. What does Roxana wish to talk to Coomy about when she goes to Chateau Felicity?
(a) Nariman's diet.
(b) Nariman's medicine.
(c) Nariman's health.
(d) Nariman's will.
3. Why does Jehangir go to visit Villie Cardmaster?
(a) To bet on Matka.
(b) To learn more about his homeland.
(c) To ask for work.
(d) To ask for food.
4. What does Nariman encourage Roxana and Yezad to do to help their financial situation?
(a) Sell their home and move into his old home with Coomy and Jal.
(b) Take him back to his own home where Coomy and Jal live.
(c) Put him in a nursing home.
(d) Ask Coomy and Jal to turn over his savings account.
5. What is Coomy preparing to do when Yezad and Roxana arrive at her home to discuss her concerns for Nariman?
(c) Make room for Nariman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation are Murad and Jehangir to Nariman?
2. What are Roxana and Yezad most concerned about when it looks like Nariman will be staying with them for a while?
3. A few days after Nariman's return home, Dr. Tarapore is asked to do another x-ray. What does this one show?
4. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
5. What is Nariman's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Yezad wakes up during the night with chest pains, what does he attribute the cause to?
2. Why does Jal take money from his account and go to visit Roxana?
3. What can we learn about the relationship between Roxana and Yezad when Yezad tells Roxana he lost their money playing Matka?
4. Describe Roxana's relationship with Coomy and Jal.
5. Who is Husain and what is his role in the story?
6. What happens to the Chenoy family as they become wealthier?
7. What effect is Nariman's prolonged stay having on Roxana and Yezad, and what does Nariman tell them to do about it?
8. What happens with Kapur and the children when Kapur puts on his Santa costume?
9. What impact does Mr. Kapur's decision about running for municipal council have on Yezad?
10. Describe Nariman's relationship with his grandsons.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)