|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Coomy give for not having told Roxana about the accident?
(a) She said Roxana is too busy with her family to have time for Nariman.
(b) She knows Roxana did not have room to care for her father.
(c) She knows Roxana would blame her for letting Nariman get hurt.
(d) She knows Roxana would insist on taking care of Nariman.
2. At the beginning of the story, Nariman is preparing to celebrate which birthday?
(a) His eightieth.
(b) His seventy-seventh.
(c) His seventy-eighth.
(d) His seventy-ninth.
3. What relation are Murad and Jehangir to Nariman?
(a) They are his son and daughter.
(b) They are his foster children.
(c) They are his grandchildren.
(d) They are his stepchildren.
4. How does Nariman help Jehangir go back to sleep when Jehangir is restless?
(a) He tells Jehangir to hold Nariman's hand.
(b) He sings Jehangir a lullaby.
(c) He tells Jehangir a story.
(d) He tells Jehangir to pray quietly.
5. What is Coomy's first concern after getting rid of Nariman?
(a) Cleaning his room and readying it for his return.
(b) Getting rid of the smells he left behind.
(c) Getting rid of any sign that Nariman ever lived with her.
(d) Making sure he has all he needs at Roxana's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is most true about Coomy?
2. How are Murad and Jehangir instructed to act when they arrive at Nariman's home?
3. Who asks Nariman for his assistance while he is in the hospital?
4. How does Dr. Tarapore's impending visit affect Nariman?
5. What does Nariman encourage Roxana and Yezad to do to help their financial situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the living conditions for the Chenoy family.
2. Describe the atmosphere in the Vakeel home after Roxana and her family arrive.
3. What is the significance of Yezad's visit to Villie Cardmaster?
4. What is Coomy's excuse for wanting to move Nariman to Roxana's, and what is her real reason?
5. Describe Roxana's relationship with Coomy and Jal.
6. What effect is Nariman's prolonged stay having on Roxana and Yezad, and what does Nariman tell them to do about it?
7. Describe the ways in which Roxana, Jehangir, and Yezad react to Nariman's presence in their home.
8. Describe the tactics Coomy uses to convince Roxana to let Nariman stay at Roxana's.
9. Describe Nariman's relationship with his grandsons.
10. What examples can you find in Chapter 4 to prove that Coomy is selfish and only pretends to think of others first?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)