|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of school do Murad and Jehangir attend?
(a) A public school.
(b) An English-style school.
(c) A prep school.
(d) A private boys' school.
2. What relation is Roxana to Jal and Coomy?
(a) She is their step-sister.
(b) She is their aunt.
(c) She is their step-mother.
(d) She is their half-sister.
3. Which of the following seems most sensitive to Nariman's needs?
4. How does Nariman injure his ankle?
(a) He falls down the stairs.
(b) He falls over an unseen object.
(c) He falls while playing a game.
(d) He falls into a trench.
5. How does Coomy hope to combat the smell of Nariman's bowel movements?
(a) She turns on his ceiling fan.
(b) She makes him go outside.
(c) She opens all the windows.
(d) She holds her nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nariman have when he returns from his walk on the evening of his birthday?
2. What kind of story does Vilas propose to write for his drama club?
3. How long does Nariman stay in the hospital?
4. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
5. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the atmosphere in the Vakeel home after Roxana and her family arrive.
2. What is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks, and why is mention of his flashbacks important to the story?
3. Who are the Shiv Sena?
4. Why is it important to Yezad that Kapur run for municipal office?
5. What is Nariman's deepest regret?
6. What type of person is Coomy?
7. What is the significance of Yezad's visit to Villie Cardmaster?
8. What is Coomy's excuse for wanting to move Nariman to Roxana's, and what is her real reason?
9. What effect is Nariman's prolonged stay having on Roxana and Yezad, and what does Nariman tell them to do about it?
10. What do you learn about Coomy from her actions in Chapter 5?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)