|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nariman's occupation?
(a) He is a retired professor.
(b) He is a retired musician.
(c) He is an active professor.
(d) He is a part-time teacher.
2. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
(a) They are loyal traditionalists.
(b) They are ultra liberals.
(c) They have no political views.
(d) They are radical conservatives.
3. What offer does Roxana make when Coomy mentions moving their father to Roxana's?
(a) Roxana promises she and her family will visit Nariman every evening.
(b) Roxana says Nariman is welcome, even though it will be crowded.
(c) Roxana eagerly welcomes him.
(d) Roxana says that is the best thing for Nariman.
4. How would Mr. Kapur's action affect Yezad?
(a) It would mean more responsibility and more money.
(b) It would mean he could lose his job.
(c) It would mean he might have to work more hours.
(d) It would give Yezad an opportunity to own his own store.
5. When Coomy calls in Dr. Tarapore, what is his concern about Nariman?
(a) He thinks Nariman is in danger of depression.
(b) He thinks Nariman needs a change of scenery.
(c) He thinks Nariman is perfectly normal and tells Coomy not to worry.
(d) He thinks Nariman may be crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roxana stop Jehangir from explaining his book to Nariman?
2. What prompts Roxana to change her mind about taking her father in?
3. What argument does Coomy use to leave Nariman at Roxana's house a while longer?
4. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
5. How does Nariman deal with Coomy's ranting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nariman's relationship with his family?
2. Describe the relationship between Nariman and Jehangir.
3. What is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks, and why is mention of his flashbacks important to the story?
4. What is Nariman's deepest regret?
5. Describe Coomy's action and Nariman's reaction when Nariman asks Coomy to clean his teeth.
6. What is Coomy's excuse for wanting to move Nariman to Roxana's, and what is her real reason?
7. What is Dr. Tarapore's diagnosis when Coomy and Jal consult him about Nariman's crying episodes?
8. Who are the Shiv Sena?
9. What examples can you find in Chapter 4 to prove that Coomy is selfish and only pretends to think of others first?
10. Describe the living conditions for the Chenoy family.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)