|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Coomy hope to combat the smell of Nariman's bowel movements?
(a) She makes him go outside.
(b) She holds her nose.
(c) She opens all the windows.
(d) She turns on his ceiling fan.
2. Why is Nariman not allowed to marry the woman he chose?
(a) She has two children.
(b) She is a Goan.
(c) She is too old.
(d) She is a Parsi.
3. How does Dr. Tarapore's impending visit affect Nariman?
(a) He gets excited.
(b) He has a nervous stomach.
(c) He is worried he is not healing fast enough.
(d) He get a bad headache.
4. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
(a) She thinks he needs help.
(b) She wants to be sure he is breathing.
(c) She thinks she hears him coughing.
(d) She thinks he called her name.
5. How does Yezad get to work?
(a) By bus.
(b) By foot.
(c) By train.
(d) By car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jal upset with Coomy about after Roxana and Yezad leave?
2. What offer does Roxana make when Coomy mentions moving their father to Roxana's?
3. What is Roxana's first action for Nariman after he arrives at her home?
4. What does Nariman want Coomy to bring to the table as she prepares for his birthday dinner?
5. What does Nariman offer to do to help Jehangir?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arguments to Vilas and his friends use to discourage Yezad from playing Matka?
2. Describe Roxana's relationship with Coomy and Jal.
3. What is the basis of the argument between Coomy and Roxana at the beginning of Chapter 9? How is this argument different from others they have had?
4. What is the difference in how Coomy and Nariman feel after Roxana and her family leave?
5. What do you know of VIkram Kapur from the incidents in Chapter 7?
6. Describe the atmosphere in the Vakeel home after Roxana and her family arrive.
7. What is Dr. Tarapore's diagnosis when Coomy and Jal consult him about Nariman's crying episodes?
8. What is Coomy's excuse for wanting to move Nariman to Roxana's, and what is her real reason?
9. What choices does Coomy make about caring for Nariman at home and why?
10. Nariman is well known in the Bombay medical community. What evidence is there that his opinion is valued?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)