|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Alvarez think of the position of homework monitor?
(a) It illustrates good citizenship.
(b) It illustrates maturity.
(c) It illustrates responsibility.
(d) It illustrates honesty.
2. What does Coomy confess to Jal about caring for their father?
(a) She says she knows Nariman likes Roxana better.
(b) She says she hates that he is dependent upon them.
(c) She says she hates the work of caring for him.
(d) She says wishes they had a better relationship.
3. Why does Coomy request that Phoola Phoola clean her room first?
(a) So she can spend time with her father.
(b) So she can go back to bed.
(c) So she can watch to see that it is done correctly.
(d) Because it was not cleaned the last time.
4. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
(a) Asking to see his teeth.
(b) Feeling his chin.
(c) Feeling his bald head.
(d) A kiss on the cheek.
5. How does the cleaning woman awaken Coomy?
(a) By ringing the doorbell.
(b) By coming into the room.
(c) By knocking on the door.
(d) By making too much noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the author indicate that Nariman will be able to move about and take care of himself?
2. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
3. What is Nariman's response about moving to Roxana's?
4. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
5. What does Husain do when he is having a "good" day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nariman's relationship with his family?
2. Describe Nariman's relationship with his grandsons.
3. Describe Roxana's relationship with Coomy and Jal.
4. Nariman is well known in the Bombay medical community. What evidence is there that his opinion is valued?
5. What indications are there in Chapter 8 that Nariman is not likely to ever go back to his own home?
6. What do you know of VIkram Kapur from the incidents in Chapter 7?
7. What is Coomy's excuse for wanting to move Nariman to Roxana's, and what is her real reason?
8. What is Dr. Tarapore's diagnosis when Coomy and Jal consult him about Nariman's crying episodes?
9. What choices does Coomy make about caring for Nariman at home and why?
10. What do you learn about Coomy from her actions in Chapter 5?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)