|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does Roxana make when Coomy mentions moving their father to Roxana's?
(a) Roxana says that is the best thing for Nariman.
(b) Roxana promises she and her family will visit Nariman every evening.
(c) Roxana says Nariman is welcome, even though it will be crowded.
(d) Roxana eagerly welcomes him.
2. What reason does Coomy give Nariman for not telling Roxana and Yezad about his accident?
(a) She does not think it was necessary.
(b) She is not able to locate them.
(c) She had asked Jal to do it, but he would not.
(d) She does not want to worry them.
3. What does Coomy confess to Jal about caring for their father?
(a) She says she knows Nariman likes Roxana better.
(b) She says wishes they had a better relationship.
(c) She says she hates that he is dependent upon them.
(d) She says she hates the work of caring for him.
4. Because of her many rules and constant crabbing, Nariman thinks Coomy is best suited for which of the following positions?
(a) A professor.
(b) A headmistress.
(c) A military officer.
(d) A nun.
5. What is Roxana's advice to Jehangir about writing a book?
(a) He should only write the truth.
(b) He should not write about his own family.
(c) He should be careful not to hurt anyone's feelings.
(d) He should only write nice things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Jehangir and Murad excited about having Nariman stay with them?
2. How does Nariman injure his ankle?
3. What is the predominant mood of the dinner party?
4. When does the author indicate that Nariman will be able to move about and take care of himself?
5. What is Nariman's response about moving to Roxana's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you learn about Coomy from her actions in Chapter 5?
2. What do Vilas and Yezad talk about as they return to work after meeting Vilas' two friends? Why is this important?
3. What does Roxana do with the plaster the doctor removes from Nariman's cast, and why is it significant to the rest of the story?
4. What jobs does Vilas Rane hold?
5. Describe Roxana's relationship with Coomy and Jal.
6. What is the significance of Yezad's visit to Villie Cardmaster?
7. What type of person is Coomy?
8. How has the Chenoy family financial situation affected Murad and Jehangir?
9. Describe the ways in which Roxana, Jehangir, and Yezad react to Nariman's presence in their home.
10. Describe Nariman's relationship with his grandsons.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)