|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coomy use to clean Nariman's teeth?
(a) Laundry detergent.
(b) Dishwashing liquid.
(c) Toilet bowl cleaner.
2. What do Coomy and Jal do at home to keep Nariman from coming back?
(a) They change the locks.
(b) They set fire to Nariman's room.
(c) They leave on an extended vacation.
(d) They destroy the ceilings.
3. What does Jehangir propose to Murad on their way to school?
(a) That they give their books to someone who needs them.
(b) That they sell their textbooks.
(c) That they sell their lunches.
(d) That they trade their books for food.
4. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
(a) They are ultra liberals.
(b) They have no political views.
(c) They are loyal traditionalists.
(d) They are radical conservatives.
5. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
(a) He is a friend of Yezad.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) He works in a bookstore.
(d) He writes letters for others.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Coomy hope to combat the smell of Nariman's bowel movements?
2. What instrument does Roxana's neighbor play?
3. What is Roxana's advice to Jehangir about writing a book?
4. What is Jal's concern about leaving his father at Roxana's?
5. How does Dr. Tarapore's impending visit affect Nariman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What examples can you find in Chapter 4 to prove that Coomy is selfish and only pretends to think of others first?
2. What choices does Coomy make about caring for Nariman at home and why?
3. Who are the Shiv Sena?
4. Describe the tactics Coomy uses to convince Roxana to let Nariman stay at Roxana's.
5. What is one of Coomy's worst fears and how is it realized?
6. Why is it important to Yezad that Kapur run for municipal office?
7. What is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks, and why is mention of his flashbacks important to the story?
8. What was the result of Nariman's visit from Dr. Tarapore at the beginning of Chapter 8?
9. Describe the relationship between Nariman and Jehangir.
10. What indications are there in Chapter 8 that Nariman is not likely to ever go back to his own home?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)