|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Roxana tell Yezad that Nariman will stay with them?
(a) Until he is well.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
2. What responsibility does Murad take on himself at home that upsets Yezad?
(a) Helping prepare supper.
(b) Weeding the flowerbeds.
(c) Setting the table.
(d) Winding the clock.
3. Nariman exhibits symptoms of the early stages of what disease?
4. What relation is Roxana to Jal and Coomy?
(a) She is their aunt.
(b) She is their step-mother.
(c) She is their step-sister.
(d) She is their half-sister.
5. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
(a) They are radical conservatives.
(b) They are ultra liberals.
(c) They are loyal traditionalists.
(d) They have no political views.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
2. What do Coomy and Jal do at home to keep Nariman from coming back?
3. What prompts Roxana to change her mind about taking her father in?
4. What is Yezad's attitude toward religion?
5. When does the author indicate that Nariman will be able to move about and take care of himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect is Nariman's prolonged stay having on Roxana and Yezad, and what does Nariman tell them to do about it?
2. What examples can you find in Chapter 4 to prove that Coomy is selfish and only pretends to think of others first?
3. Why is it important to Yezad that Kapur run for municipal office?
4. What are Mr. Kapur's wife's reasons for not wanting him to run for public office?
5. What is significant about the introduction of Daisy Ichamora to Nariman?
6. What is Yezad's solution when both boys want to sleep on the balcony, and what does it tell you about Yezad's character?
7. What did Murad do in order to have enough money to buy Christmas presents for his family?
8. What happens with Kapur and the children when Kapur puts on his Santa costume?
9. Describe Coomy's action and Nariman's reaction when Nariman asks Coomy to clean his teeth.
10. What does Murad do in Chapter 10 that angers Yezad, and why is this significant?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)