|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news about his intentions does Mr. Kapur share with Yezad as they get together after work?
(a) He is considering buying another store.
(b) He is considering adding on the the store he has.
(c) He is considering running for the municipal council.
(d) He is considering selling the store.
2. What offer does Roxana make when Coomy mentions moving their father to Roxana's?
(a) Roxana eagerly welcomes him.
(b) Roxana promises she and her family will visit Nariman every evening.
(c) Roxana says that is the best thing for Nariman.
(d) Roxana says Nariman is welcome, even though it will be crowded.
3. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
4. What does Nariman offer to do to help Jehangir?
(a) To help him clean the kitchen.
(b) To help with homework.
(c) To help fix a meal.
(d) To help him make the beds.
5. What was Dr. Tarapore's decision concerning Nariman?
(a) That he should wait another week to remove the cast.
(b) That he should replace Nariman's cast with a lighter one.
(c) That he would remove the entire cast immediately.
(d) That Nariman should wear the cast for another month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of story does Vilas propose to write for his drama club?
2. What is Roxana's first action for Nariman after he arrives at her home?
3. What instrument does Roxana's neighbor play?
4. What responsibility does Murad take on himself at home that upsets Yezad?
5. Why does Jehangir go to visit Villie Cardmaster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Murad do in Chapter 10 that angers Yezad, and why is this significant?
2. Describe Coomy's action and Nariman's reaction when Nariman asks Coomy to clean his teeth.
3. What is Yezad's solution when both boys want to sleep on the balcony, and what does it tell you about Yezad's character?
4. What effect is Nariman's prolonged stay having on Roxana and Yezad, and what does Nariman tell them to do about it?
5. What is the significance of Yezad's visit to Villie Cardmaster?
6. What type of person is Coomy?
7. What do you learn about Coomy from her actions in Chapter 5?
8. What is Dr. Tarapore's diagnosis when Coomy and Jal consult him about Nariman's crying episodes?
9. What is the difference in how Coomy and Nariman feel after Roxana and her family leave?
10. What indications are there in Chapter 8 that Nariman is not likely to ever go back to his own home?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)