|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Coomy's first concern after getting rid of Nariman?
(a) Getting rid of any sign that Nariman ever lived with her.
(b) Cleaning his room and readying it for his return.
(c) Making sure he has all he needs at Roxana's.
(d) Getting rid of the smells he left behind.
2. What does Yezad give Villie for helping him with Matka?
(a) Ten rubles.
(b) Ten dinar.
(c) Ten rupees.
(d) Ten rubies
3. What is the Chenoy family hoping to learn from Dr. Tarapore's visit?
(a) That he can completely remove Nariman's cast.
(b) That Nariman is well enough to go home.
(c) That Nariman can move into his own place.
(d) That Nariman no longer needs continual care.
4. Who is to play in the afternoon cricket match?
(a) Catholics and Indians.
(b) Students and non-students.
(c) Catholics and non-Catholics.
(d) Slaves and non-slaves.
5. What does Nariman have when he returns from his walk on the evening of his birthday?
(a) He has a limp and abrasions on his elbow and forearm.
(b) He has a broken arm.
(c) He has a new cane.
(d) He has a black eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vilas tell Yezad it is in his best interest to remain honest?
2. What is Roxana's first action for Nariman after he arrives at her home?
3. How does Coomy answer Jal's concern about leaving their father with the Chenoy family?
4. Which of the following seems most sensitive to Nariman's needs?
5. When Roxana and her family arrive for dinner, what is Coomy's reaction?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Coomy's action and Nariman's reaction when Nariman asks Coomy to clean his teeth.
2. How has the Chenoy family financial situation affected Murad and Jehangir?
3. Describe Nariman's relationship with his grandsons.
4. What is the difference in how Coomy and Nariman feel after Roxana and her family leave?
5. What is Dr. Tarapore's diagnosis when Coomy and Jal consult him about Nariman's crying episodes?
6. What is the basis of the argument between Coomy and Roxana at the beginning of Chapter 9? How is this argument different from others they have had?
7. Nariman is well known in the Bombay medical community. What evidence is there that his opinion is valued?
8. What choices does Coomy make about caring for Nariman at home and why?
9. Describe how Nariman's arrival changes things for the Chenoy family.
10. What do you learn about Coomy from her actions in Chapter 5?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)