|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Coomy request that Phoola Phoola clean her room first?
(a) So she can spend time with her father.
(b) So she can watch to see that it is done correctly.
(c) Because it was not cleaned the last time.
(d) So she can go back to bed.
2. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
(a) He is talking to Roxana.
(b) He is complaining about his care.
(c) He is talking to himself.
(d) He is crying.
3. When Roxana and her family arrive for dinner, what is Coomy's reaction?
(a) She grumbles that they never bring anything.
(b) She grumbles that they are always early.
(c) She grumbles that they are always on time.
(d) She grumbles that they are always late.
4. What is Mr. Kapur passionate about collecting?
(a) Photographs of animals.
(b) Photographs of the mountains.
(c) Photographs of the city.
(d) Photographs of people.
5. How does Yezad use the item he borrowed from his neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
(a) He makes a tent on the balcony.
(b) He makes Nariman sleep on it.
(c) He uses it for his own bed.
(d) He uses it to cover the windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Roxana tell Yezad that Nariman will stay with them?
2. According to Coomy, who is supposed to inherit Chateau Felicity?
3. What does Yezad borrow from their neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
4. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
5. What instrument does Roxana's neighbor play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Vilas and Yezad talk about as they return to work after meeting Vilas' two friends? Why is this important?
2. Describe the atmosphere in the Vakeel home after Roxana and her family arrive.
3. Describe Nariman's relationship with his grandsons.
4. What indications are there in Chapter 8 that Nariman is not likely to ever go back to his own home?
5. What arguments to Vilas and his friends use to discourage Yezad from playing Matka?
6. Describe Roxana's relationship with Coomy and Jal.
7. What type of person is Coomy?
8. What is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks, and why is mention of his flashbacks important to the story?
9. What choices does Coomy make about caring for Nariman at home and why?
10. What do you learn about Coomy from her actions in Chapter 5?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)