|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yezad get to work?
(a) By car.
(b) By foot.
(c) By bus.
(d) By train.
2. What excuse does Coomy give for not having told Roxana about the accident?
(a) She knows Roxana would insist on taking care of Nariman.
(b) She said Roxana is too busy with her family to have time for Nariman.
(c) She knows Roxana did not have room to care for her father.
(d) She knows Roxana would blame her for letting Nariman get hurt.
3. What does Nariman have when he returns from his walk on the evening of his birthday?
(a) He has a limp and abrasions on his elbow and forearm.
(b) He has a new cane.
(c) He has a black eye.
(d) He has a broken arm.
4. What does the x-ray of Nariman's ankle reveal?
(a) The ankle is healing nicely.
(b) The ankle needs to be reset.
(c) The ankle is healing, but will not be strong enough to walk on.
(d) The ankle is only beginning to heal.
5. Because of her many rules and constant crabbing, Nariman thinks Coomy is best suited for which of the following positions?
(a) A headmistress.
(b) A professor.
(c) A nun.
(d) A military officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Coomy prepare for her father's return from the hospital?
2. What does Yezad borrow from their neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
3. How does Dr. Tarapore's impending visit affect Nariman?
4. How does the doctor treat Nariman's injury at the hospital?
5. When does the author indicate that Nariman will be able to move about and take care of himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Husain and what is his role in the story?
2. What is Dr. Tarapore's diagnosis when Coomy and Jal consult him about Nariman's crying episodes?
3. Describe the atmosphere in the Vakeel home after Roxana and her family arrive.
4. Why is it important to Yezad that Kapur run for municipal office?
5. What is Yezad's solution when both boys want to sleep on the balcony, and what does it tell you about Yezad's character?
6. Describe the relationship between Nariman and Jehangir.
7. What arguments to Vilas and his friends use to discourage Yezad from playing Matka?
8. Who are the Shiv Sena?
9. What was the result of Nariman's visit from Dr. Tarapore at the beginning of Chapter 8?
10. What is Nariman's deepest regret?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)