|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What argument does Coomy use to leave Nariman at Roxana's house a while longer?
(a) She and Jal do not have time for Nariman.
(b) She and Jal are going on vacation.
(c) Nariman is much happier at Roxana's.
(d) His hospital visit would mean more ambulance rides.
2. What does Jehangir propose to Murad on their way to school?
(a) That they give their books to someone who needs them.
(b) That they trade their books for food.
(c) That they sell their textbooks.
(d) That they sell their lunches.
3. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
4. Who is to play in the afternoon cricket match?
(a) Slaves and non-slaves.
(b) Catholics and non-Catholics.
(c) Catholics and Indians.
(d) Students and non-students.
5. What kind of story does Vilas propose to write for his drama club?
(a) One of torture and death.
(b) One of life and celebration.
(c) One about awakening the poor to their plight.
(d) One of success.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roxana stop Jehangir from explaining his book to Nariman?
2. What does Yezad give Villie for helping him with Matka?
3. What does Miss Alvarez think of the position of homework monitor?
4. What does the Chenoy family argue about at supper after returning from Chateau Felicity with Nariman?
5. What is the Chenoy family hoping to learn from Dr. Tarapore's visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks, and why is mention of his flashbacks important to the story?
2. What does Roxana do with the plaster the doctor removes from Nariman's cast, and why is it significant to the rest of the story?
3. What effect has acting as homework monitor had on Jehangir?
4. Describe the ways in which Roxana, Jehangir, and Yezad react to Nariman's presence in their home.
5. What type of person is Coomy?
6. What are Mr. Kapur's wife's reasons for not wanting him to run for public office?
7. What changes in behavior does Kapur make in order to become more like the common people?
8. How does Yezad's plan to coerce Kapur to run for municipal council backfire?
9. What do you know of VIkram Kapur from the incidents in Chapter 7?
10. How does Jal try to placate Edul Munshi's wife while Edul finishes the work in Jal and Coomy's apartment?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)