|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A few days after Nariman's return home, Dr. Tarapore is asked to do another x-ray. What does this one show?
(a) Several old breaks.
(b) A perfectly healed ankle.
2. Why is Jehangir's job as homework monitor in jeopardy?
(a) He does not pay attention to what he is doing.
(b) His grades are not good enough for him to keep the job.
(c) He has accepted too many bribes.
(d) He is getting too old for the job.
3. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
(a) They are loyal traditionalists.
(b) They are ultra liberals.
(c) They are radical conservatives.
(d) They have no political views.
4. Why does Phoola Phoola quit?
(a) Coomy is too mean to her.
(b) Nariman has had a bowel movement in his bed.
(c) The whole apartment is too filthy to clean.
(d) Nariman is too mean to her.
5. What is Jal's concern about leaving his father at Roxana's?
(a) He thinks it is the best option they have.
(b) He wonders how it will affect family relationships.
(c) He wonders if Nariman will resent Jal and Coomy for moving him.
(d) He wonders how Yezad will react to having Narinam around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yezad borrow from their neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
2. What relation is Roxana to Jal and Coomy?
3. How does Coomy prepare for her father's return from the hospital?
4. How does Nariman deal with Coomy's ranting?
5. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Nariman's arrival changes things for the Chenoy family.
2. What does Murad do in Chapter 10 that angers Yezad, and why is this significant?
3. What does Roxana do with the plaster the doctor removes from Nariman's cast, and why is it significant to the rest of the story?
4. What do Vilas and Yezad talk about as they return to work after meeting Vilas' two friends? Why is this important?
5. Describe the relationship between Nariman and Jehangir.
6. What is Dr. Tarapore's diagnosis when Coomy and Jal consult him about Nariman's crying episodes?
7. Describe the tactics Coomy uses to convince Roxana to let Nariman stay at Roxana's.
8. What choices does Coomy make about caring for Nariman at home and why?
9. Who are the Shiv Sena?
10. Describe the ways in which Roxana, Jehangir, and Yezad react to Nariman's presence in their home.
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)