|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Coomy intend to let Nariman come home?
(a) When he can care for himself.
(b) When she returns from vacation.
(d) In three weeks.
2. When Roxana and her family arrive for dinner, what is Coomy's reaction?
(a) She grumbles that they are always on time.
(b) She grumbles that they are always late.
(c) She grumbles that they never bring anything.
(d) She grumbles that they are always early.
3. What is Coomy's first concern after getting rid of Nariman?
(a) Cleaning his room and readying it for his return.
(b) Making sure he has all he needs at Roxana's.
(c) Getting rid of the smells he left behind.
(d) Getting rid of any sign that Nariman ever lived with her.
4. Why does Coomy request that Phoola Phoola clean her room first?
(a) So she can spend time with her father.
(b) So she can watch to see that it is done correctly.
(c) So she can go back to bed.
(d) Because it was not cleaned the last time.
5. A few days after Nariman's return home, Dr. Tarapore is asked to do another x-ray. What does this one show?
(b) Several old breaks.
(c) A perfectly healed ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nariman offer to do to help Jehangir?
2. What was Dr. Tarapore's decision concerning Nariman?
3. Which of the following is most true about Coomy?
4. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
5. What is Nariman's response about moving to Roxana's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the atmosphere in the Vakeel home after Roxana and her family arrive.
2. Describe the tactics Coomy uses to convince Roxana to let Nariman stay at Roxana's.
3. Describe the relationship between Nariman and Jehangir.
4. Describe the living conditions for the Chenoy family.
5. Who are the Shiv Sena?
6. Why is it important to Yezad that Kapur run for municipal office?
7. What effect is Nariman's prolonged stay having on Roxana and Yezad, and what does Nariman tell them to do about it?
8. What is the basis of the argument between Coomy and Roxana at the beginning of Chapter 9? How is this argument different from others they have had?
9. What do Vilas and Yezad talk about as they return to work after meeting Vilas' two friends? Why is this important?
10. What is Coomy's excuse for wanting to move Nariman to Roxana's, and what is her real reason?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)