|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
(a) He is complaining about his care.
(b) He is crying.
(c) He is talking to Roxana.
(d) He is talking to himself.
2. Nariman exhibits symptoms of the early stages of what disease?
3. What is Nariman's occupation?
(a) He is a retired professor.
(b) He is a part-time teacher.
(c) He is an active professor.
(d) He is a retired musician.
4. What does Nariman want Coomy to bring to the table as she prepares for his birthday dinner?
(a) His special plate.
(b) A picture of their mother.
(c) The good china.
(d) The everyday dishes.
5. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
(a) He is a friend of Yezad.
(b) He writes letters for others.
(c) He works in a bookstore.
(d) He is unemployed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Husain do when he is having a "bad" day?
2. How does Yezad use the item he borrowed from his neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
3. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
4. What service does Jehangir provide for Nariman?
5. When Coomy calls in Dr. Tarapore, what is his concern about Nariman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What jobs does Vilas Rane hold?
2. What type of person is Coomy?
3. What effect is Nariman's prolonged stay having on Roxana and Yezad, and what does Nariman tell them to do about it?
4. What is the difference in how Coomy and Nariman feel after Roxana and her family leave?
5. What is Coomy's excuse for wanting to move Nariman to Roxana's, and what is her real reason?
6. What is one of Coomy's worst fears and how is it realized?
7. Who is Husain and what is his role in the story?
8. Describe the living conditions for Nariman Vakeel at the beginning of the novel.
9. How has the Chenoy family financial situation affected Murad and Jehangir?
10. What was the result of Nariman's visit from Dr. Tarapore at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)