|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jehangir have to do after putting old and wrinkled money in the budget envelopes?
(a) Wash his hands.
(b) Ask his mother to double check the envelopes.
(c) He is not required to do anything.
(d) Carefully seal the envelopes.
2. What does Murad get Jehangir for Christmas?
(a) Three magzines.
(b) Three rupees.
(c) Three pictures.
(d) Three books.
3. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
(a) He smells of perfume.
(b) He smells of cigarette smoke.
(c) He smells of alcohol.
(d) He smells of sandalwood.
4. How does Roxana react when Yezad tells her he has lost all their money?
(a) She makes him try to get it back.
(b) She forgives him.
(c) She makes him leave the house.
(d) She is stunned and cannot speak.
5. What does Jal share with Yezad and Roxana after Coomy's death?
(a) Leftovers from the funeral.
(b) Coomy's favorite recipes.
(c) News about Coomy's will.
(d) Food he and Coomy had ordered.
6. What proposition does Jal make to Yezad and Roxana?
(a) That they sell their flat and move into Chateau Felicity.
(b) That they send Jehangir, Murad, and Nariman to Chateau Felicity.
(c) They they hire a nurse for Nariman.
(d) That they remodel Pleasant Villa.
7. What awakens Yezad in the middle of the night?
(a) A siren.
(b) Leg cramp.s
(c) Chest pains.
(d) His children.
8. How does Mrs. Kapur act when Yezad asks about his Christmas present from Mr. Kapur?
(a) She says he would never give such a valuable gift.
(b) She says if Yezad can find it he can have it.
(c) She says Yezad must have been mistaken about Kapur's intention.
(d) She says Yezad is fortunate to have had such a good boss.
9. What is the plan that Yezad has developed that requires Vilas' help?
(a) To have Shiv Sena destroy all the Santa Claus displays in the stores.
(b) To have Vilas help Yezad protect Kapur's store.
(c) To have Vilas help Yezad destroy Kapur's Christmas decorations.
(d) To steal every Christmas decoration they can find.
10. What does Jal find when he goes to visit Nariman at Pleasant Villa?
(a) Daisy has moved in with Roxana and Yezad.
(b) Daisy is playing her violin for Nariman.
(c) Daisy is taking care of Nariman.
(d) Daisy is giving Nariman music lessons.
11. What is the good omen that Roxana sees as the family leaves Pleasant Villa?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A bird.
(c) A moth.
(d) A white dove.
12. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
(a) ...leave a hole that is too big to fill."
(b) ,,,leaves a hole that can never be filled."
(c) ...creates a huge empty space."
(d) ...leaves an emptiness that can never be filled."
13. What does Yezad do when Vilas tries to tell him about one of his recent clients?
(a) Yezad tells Vilas he should not interfere in his client's lives.
(b) Yezad asks if they can talk about the client later.
(c) Yezad interrupts to talk about his own agenda.
(d) Yezad listens carefully so he can help Vilas.
14. How do the children react to Kapur?
(a) Most are eager to sit on Santa's lap.
(b) Most are afraid of the Santa suit.
(c) Most are afraid of the Santa suit.
(d) Most jus want the candy Santa has to offer.
15. What two things bring Yezad comfort as the story nears its end?
(a) Family and the temple.
(b) Work and family.
(c) Family and friends.
(d) Work and the temple
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edul say he must use to repair Nariman's room?
2. Why does Nariman become agitated when Jal leaves after having dinner with the Chenoy family?
3. What does Yezad do when he comes to the fires temple?
4. What good news does Yezad have when he comes home from work?
5. What is Yezad's excuse for not helping Nariman with his urinal?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)