|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Kapur give Yezad?
(a) Photos of the neighborhood where Yezad grew up.
(b) A bonus for coming in on the holiday.
(c) A lecture for leaving his family on Christmas.
(d) An extra Santa suit.
2. What does Yezad do when he comes to the fires temple?
(a) He watches a man pray then leaves.
(b) He goes in to pray.
(c) He watches people file in for services.
(d) He crosses the street to avoid it.
3. What is Mr. Kapur's wife's view of public service?
(a) Service to family is a woman's duty.
(b) Service to family comes first.
(c) Service to community comes first.
(d) Service to community is for young men.
4. What does Yezad tell Kapur happened while Kapur was out getting his blood pressure checked?
(a) Yezad paid the Shiv Sena to leave Kapur alone.
(b) Two men from Shiv Sena came by and threatened him.
(c) Yezad promised that Kapur would remove the Christmas decorations.
(d) The Shiv Sena announced their intentions to remove all Christmas decorations.
5. What does Murad get Jehangir for Christmas?
(a) Three books.
(b) Three rupees.
(c) Three magzines.
(d) Three pictures.
6. What is Yezad's excuse for not helping Nariman with his urinal?
(a) He thinks Nariman is too needy.
(b) Yezad promised himself that he would never touch the bedpan or urinal.
(c) He cannot stand to be around Nariman.
(d) He considers helping Nariman to be Roxana's job.
7. What request does Jehangir make one evening as he is having supper with his family?
(a) To change his name.
(b) To leave home.
(c) To change his religion.
(d) To leave school.
8. What is the plan that Yezad has developed that requires Vilas' help?
(a) To have Vilas help Yezad protect Kapur's store.
(b) To steal every Christmas decoration they can find.
(c) To have Vilas help Yezad destroy Kapur's Christmas decorations.
(d) To have Shiv Sena destroy all the Santa Claus displays in the stores.
9. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
(a) ,,,leaves a hole that can never be filled."
(b) ...creates a huge empty space."
(c) ...leave a hole that is too big to fill."
(d) ...leaves an emptiness that can never be filled."
10. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
(a) He checks them carefully and mails them.
(b) He files them for future use.
(c) He tears them up.
(d) He asks his lawyer to look at them.
11. What happens to Yezad when he stops at the temple and stays for prayers?
(a) He has a great feeling of peace.
(b) He realizes he no longer has a place in the temple.
(c) He becomes confused about why he is there.
(d) He realizes he has forgotten all the prayers.
12. What message does Mrs. Kapur have for Yezad when he meets her at the store?
(a) The store is closed and he must clear out his things.
(b) She offers to sell the store to Yezad.
(c) Only Yezad can learn to run the store as Kapur did.
(d) The store is closed, but he is needed to do inventory.
13. What proposition does Jal make to Yezad and Roxana?
(a) That they sell their flat and move into Chateau Felicity.
(b) They they hire a nurse for Nariman.
(c) That they send Jehangir, Murad, and Nariman to Chateau Felicity.
(d) That they remodel Pleasant Villa.
14. What request does Nariman make of Daisy after she first plays her violin for him?
(a) That she play her violin as he lies dying.
(b) That she play her violin to wake him up.
(c) That she play his favorite song over and over.
(d) That she play her violin as he goes to sleep.
15. What does Yezad do when Vilas tries to tell him about one of his recent clients?
(a) Yezad listens carefully so he can help Vilas.
(b) Yezad tells Vilas he should not interfere in his client's lives.
(c) Yezad interrupts to talk about his own agenda.
(d) Yezad asks if they can talk about the client later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally helps Nariman with the urinal?
2. Why does Yezad meet with Vilas and his two actor friends?
3. How do Jehangir's parents react to being called to school on his behalf?
4. How much extra money does Roxana find in the budget envelopes?
5. What is Yezad's explanation for the extra money?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)