|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jehangir have to do after putting old and wrinkled money in the budget envelopes?
(a) Wash his hands.
(b) He is not required to do anything.
(c) Carefully seal the envelopes.
(d) Ask his mother to double check the envelopes.
2. Why does Nariman become agitated when Jal leaves after having dinner with the Chenoy family?
(a) He wants the family to stay together.
(b) No one knows.
(c) He misses Coomy.
(d) He does not want Jal to leave.
3. What arrives at Kapur's store that he get all excited about?
(a) His Santa suit.
(b) Lots of children.
(c) Members of the Shiv Sena.
(d) Supplies for a second store.
4. What does Yezad tell Jehangir that his name means?
(a) Conqueror of the world.
(b) King of India.
(c) King of the world.
(d) Conqueror of India.
5. Why does Yezad have trouble finding another job?
(a) Yezad has a reputation as a trouble maker.
(b) No one wants a person with Yezad's experience.
(c) Yezad is too old to find another job.
(d) No one wants someone connected with a murder.
6. What upsets the inspector most about the Parsi community?
(a) He thinks they do not have enough schools.
(b) He thinks it is shrinking.
(c) He thinks too many Parsi are uneducated.
(d) He thinks it is getting too large.
7. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
(a) There are too many Christmas decorations.
(b) He cannot get Nariman out of his house.
(c) Kapur has given him too much responsibility.
(d) He has lost a chance at promotion.
8. What proposition does Jal make to Yezad and Roxana?
(a) That they remodel Pleasant Villa.
(b) That they sell their flat and move into Chateau Felicity.
(c) They they hire a nurse for Nariman.
(d) That they send Jehangir, Murad, and Nariman to Chateau Felicity.
9. What is Yezad's explanation for the extra money?
(a) He admits to playing Matka.
(b) He says he has worked overtime.
(c) He tells Roxana she must have miscounted.
(d) He says maybe Mr. Kapur paid him extra commissions.
10. What does Jal tell Roxana and Yezad would happen if he had his way about things?
(a) They would all live at Chateau Felicity.
(b) He would be able to give them more money.
(c) They would put Nariman in a nursing home.
(d) Roxana and Yezad would move to a larger place.
11. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
(a) He files them for future use.
(b) He tears them up.
(c) He checks them carefully and mails them.
(d) He asks his lawyer to look at them.
12. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
(a) He sells his watch.
(b) He sells his car.
(c) He buys a train pass.
(d) He gives his expensive clothes away.
13. Why does Yezad go to the store where he works on Christmas day?
(a) To help Kapur play Santa.
(b) To return a tool he had borrowed.
(c) To return the money he took.
(d) To work overtime on the holiday.
14. What request does Nariman make of Daisy after she first plays her violin for him?
(a) That she play his favorite song over and over.
(b) That she play her violin to wake him up.
(c) That she play her violin as he goes to sleep.
(d) That she play her violin as he lies dying.
15. How does Roxana react when Yezad tells her he has lost all their money?
(a) She forgives him.
(b) She is stunned and cannot speak.
(c) She makes him leave the house.
(d) She makes him try to get it back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Yezad when he stops at the temple and stays for prayers?
2. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
3. What message does Mrs. Kapur have for Yezad when he meets her at the store?
4. What does Murad get Jehangir for Christmas?
5. What awakens Yezad in the middle of the night?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)