|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rupees does Yezad give Villie for Matka?
(a) Over 7,000.
(b) More than 700.
(c) More than 800.
(d) Less than 700.
2. What is Kapur's reaction when Yezad asks for an advance?
(a) He tells Yezad he will have to work for it.
(b) He grants the advance without question.
(c) He tells Yezad that if he gets an advance he will have to accept more responsibility.
(d) He does not bother to answer Yezad.
3. What proposition does Jal make to Yezad and Roxana?
(a) They they hire a nurse for Nariman.
(b) That they remodel Pleasant Villa.
(c) That they send Jehangir, Murad, and Nariman to Chateau Felicity.
(d) That they sell their flat and move into Chateau Felicity.
4. Why does Miss Alvarez ask to speak to Jehangir's parents?
(a) She wants to tell them she is quitting.
(b) Jehangir is being released as homework monitor.
(c) Jehangir has been taking bribes as homework monitor.
(d) She wants to tell them how good Jehangir is.
5. What is Yezad's excuse for not helping Nariman with his urinal?
(a) Yezad promised himself that he would never touch the bedpan or urinal.
(b) He considers helping Nariman to be Roxana's job.
(c) He cannot stand to be around Nariman.
(d) He thinks Nariman is too needy.
6. What does Yezad do when he comes to the fires temple?
(a) He watches people file in for services.
(b) He watches a man pray then leaves.
(c) He goes in to pray.
(d) He crosses the street to avoid it.
7. What message does Mrs. Kapur have for Yezad when he meets her at the store?
(a) Only Yezad can learn to run the store as Kapur did.
(b) The store is closed and he must clear out his things.
(c) The store is closed, but he is needed to do inventory.
(d) She offers to sell the store to Yezad.
8. What does Edul say he must use to repair Nariman's room?
(a) Heavy aluminum panels.
(b) A steel girder.
(c) A new wood beam.
(d) Many coats of plaster.
9. What happens to Yezad when he stops at the temple and stays for prayers?
(a) He becomes confused about why he is there.
(b) He has a great feeling of peace.
(c) He realizes he no longer has a place in the temple.
(d) He realizes he has forgotten all the prayers.
10. What is the plan that Yezad has developed that requires Vilas' help?
(a) To steal every Christmas decoration they can find.
(b) To have Vilas help Yezad protect Kapur's store.
(c) To have Vilas help Yezad destroy Kapur's Christmas decorations.
(d) To have Shiv Sena destroy all the Santa Claus displays in the stores.
11. How do Coomy and Edul Munshi die?
(a) A steel girder falls on them.
(b) The plaster from the ceiling falls and smothers them.
(c) The ladder they are standing on gives way beneath them.
(d) They fall from the roof.
12. In Nariman's dream about a time when Lucy worked for another family in his building, what is Lucy doing?
(a) Singing and threatening to jump.
(b) Crying and threatening to quit.
(c) Crying and complaining about the heavy work load.
(d) Singing as she cleans the apartment.
13. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
(a) He gives his expensive clothes away.
(b) He sells his watch.
(c) He buys a train pass.
(d) He sells his car.
14. How do the children react to Kapur?
(a) Most are afraid of the Santa suit.
(b) Most are afraid of the Santa suit.
(c) Most are eager to sit on Santa's lap.
(d) Most jus want the candy Santa has to offer.
15. What request does Jehangir make one evening as he is having supper with his family?
(a) To leave school.
(b) To change his religion.
(c) To leave home.
(d) To change his name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally helps Nariman with the urinal?
2. What kind of reception does Yezad get from Kapur's wife?
3. What upsets the inspector most about the Parsi community?
4. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
5. How do Jehangir's parents react to being called to school on his behalf?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)