|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Kapur act when Yezad asks about his Christmas present from Mr. Kapur?
(a) She says if Yezad can find it he can have it.
(b) She says he would never give such a valuable gift.
(c) She says Yezad must have been mistaken about Kapur's intention.
(d) She says Yezad is fortunate to have had such a good boss.
2. What does Jal find when he goes to visit Nariman at Pleasant Villa?
(a) Daisy is taking care of Nariman.
(b) Daisy is playing her violin for Nariman.
(c) Daisy has moved in with Roxana and Yezad.
(d) Daisy is giving Nariman music lessons.
3. What is the plan that Yezad has developed that requires Vilas' help?
(a) To have Shiv Sena destroy all the Santa Claus displays in the stores.
(b) To have Vilas help Yezad protect Kapur's store.
(c) To steal every Christmas decoration they can find.
(d) To have Vilas help Yezad destroy Kapur's Christmas decorations.
4. Why is the store closed when Yezad returns to work the day after Coomy's funeral?
(a) Because Kapur is grieving.
(b) Because Shiv Sena has shut it down.
(c) Because of the Christmas holidays.
(d) Because Kapur has been killed.
5. What is Kapur's justification for not being treated like a common person?
(a) His family is not from Bombay.
(b) He does not attend the temple.
(c) He is too well known in the community.
(d) He thinks he looks too much like a rich man.
6. How do the children react to Kapur?
(a) Most jus want the candy Santa has to offer.
(b) Most are eager to sit on Santa's lap.
(c) Most are afraid of the Santa suit.
(d) Most are afraid of the Santa suit.
7. What items does Mr. Kapur order for his store during the holiday season?
(a) Decorations for all the religious holidays.
(b) Fancy Christmas decorations.
(c) Enough supplies for a second store.
(d) Food and wine to celebrate Christmas.
8. Why does Nariman become agitated when Jal leaves after having dinner with the Chenoy family?
(a) He misses Coomy.
(b) No one knows.
(c) He does not want Jal to leave.
(d) He wants the family to stay together.
9. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
(a) He smells of alcohol.
(b) He smells of perfume.
(c) He smells of sandalwood.
(d) He smells of cigarette smoke.
10. What message does Mrs. Kapur have for Yezad when he meets her at the store?
(a) The store is closed, but he is needed to do inventory.
(b) Only Yezad can learn to run the store as Kapur did.
(c) The store is closed and he must clear out his things.
(d) She offers to sell the store to Yezad.
11. What is Nariman's observation about how Coomy died?
(a) He says she died doing what she loved.
(b) He says she brought it on herself.
(c) He says she died much too soon.
(d) He says she died full of anger.
12. Why does Kapur not respond to Yezad's request about his new responsibilities?
(a) Kapur has not made up his mind about the new responsibilities.
(b) Kapur is too excited about his Christmas decorations.
(c) Kapur tells Yezad he will find out in time.
(d) Kapur is mad at Yezad for breaking an ornament,
13. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
(a) ...leave a hole that is too big to fill."
(b) ,,,leaves a hole that can never be filled."
(c) ...leaves an emptiness that can never be filled."
(d) ...creates a huge empty space."
14. What dream does Nariman have that causes him to wake up screaming?
(a) Yasmin has pushed Lucy off the roof.
(b) Nariman has fallen from the room with Yasmin and Lucy.
(c) Yasmin and Lucy have fallen from the roof.
(d) Lucy has pushed Yasmine off the roof.
15. What request does Jehangir make one evening as he is having supper with his family?
(a) To leave school.
(b) To change his religion.
(c) To change his name.
(d) To leave home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much extra money does Roxana find in the budget envelopes?
2. What kind of reception does Yezad get from Kapur's wife?
3. What does Yezad do when he comes to the fires temple?
4. Why does Yezad have trouble finding another job?
5. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)