|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally helps Nariman with the urinal?
2. What arrives at Kapur's store that he get all excited about?
(a) Supplies for a second store.
(b) Members of the Shiv Sena.
(c) His Santa suit.
(d) Lots of children.
3. What dream does Nariman have that causes him to wake up screaming?
(a) Yasmin and Lucy have fallen from the roof.
(b) Nariman has fallen from the room with Yasmin and Lucy.
(c) Yasmin has pushed Lucy off the roof.
(d) Lucy has pushed Yasmine off the roof.
4. What happens to Yezad when he stops at the temple and stays for prayers?
(a) He realizes he no longer has a place in the temple.
(b) He realizes he has forgotten all the prayers.
(c) He becomes confused about why he is there.
(d) He has a great feeling of peace.
5. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
(a) There are too many Christmas decorations.
(b) Kapur has given him too much responsibility.
(c) He cannot get Nariman out of his house.
(d) He has lost a chance at promotion.
6. What does Yezad tell Jehangir that his name means?
(a) King of the world.
(b) King of India.
(c) Conqueror of the world.
(d) Conqueror of India.
7. What upsets the inspector most about the Parsi community?
(a) He thinks it is getting too large.
(b) He thinks too many Parsi are uneducated.
(c) He thinks they do not have enough schools.
(d) He thinks it is shrinking.
8. What good news does Yezad have when he comes home from work?
(a) The elevator is working.
(b) Kapur is selling the store.
(c) He got a raise.
(d) Nariman is going home.
9. Why does Yezad not want Kapur to pay the Shiv Sena?
(a) Yezad knows the Shiv Sena will never get enough.
(b) Yezad knows Kapur cannot afford it.
(c) Yezad wants Kapur to stand up for himself.
(d) Yezad wants Kapur to run for office.
10. How many rupees does Yezad give Villie for Matka?
(a) More than 800.
(b) Less than 700.
(c) Over 7,000.
(d) More than 700.
11. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
(a) He asks his lawyer to look at them.
(b) He tears them up.
(c) He files them for future use.
(d) He checks them carefully and mails them.
12. What does Yezad tell Kapur happened while Kapur was out getting his blood pressure checked?
(a) The Shiv Sena announced their intentions to remove all Christmas decorations.
(b) Yezad paid the Shiv Sena to leave Kapur alone.
(c) Two men from Shiv Sena came by and threatened him.
(d) Yezad promised that Kapur would remove the Christmas decorations.
13. What is the good omen that Roxana sees as the family leaves Pleasant Villa?
(a) A moth.
(b) A white dove.
(c) A bird.
(d) A butterfly.
14. What two things bring Yezad comfort as the story nears its end?
(a) Family and the temple.
(b) Work and family.
(c) Work and the temple
(d) Family and friends.
15. What kind of reception does Yezad get from Kapur's wife?
(a) She says he must never come to their house again.
(b) She invites him to stay with them for a while.
(c) She welcomes him with open arms.
(d) She is very cold toward him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Nariman make of Daisy after she first plays her violin for him?
2. Why does Yezad go to the store where he works on Christmas day?
3. What does Yezad do when he comes to the fires temple?
4. How much extra money does Roxana find in the budget envelopes?
5. In Nariman's dream about a time when Lucy worked for another family in his building, what is Lucy doing?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)