|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
(a) He cannot get Nariman out of his house.
(b) He has lost a chance at promotion.
(c) Kapur has given him too much responsibility.
(d) There are too many Christmas decorations.
2. Why does Coomy agree to allow Edul Munshi to help fix up her apartment?
(a) He is known for his excellent craftsmanship.
(b) He will not charge much.
(c) He will finish quickly.
(d) He will take so long Nariman will never come home.
3. Why does Miss Alvarez ask to speak to Jehangir's parents?
(a) She wants to tell them she is quitting.
(b) Jehangir is being released as homework monitor.
(c) She wants to tell them how good Jehangir is.
(d) Jehangir has been taking bribes as homework monitor.
4. What does Yezad do when Vilas tries to tell him about one of his recent clients?
(a) Yezad tells Vilas he should not interfere in his client's lives.
(b) Yezad interrupts to talk about his own agenda.
(c) Yezad asks if they can talk about the client later.
(d) Yezad listens carefully so he can help Vilas.
5. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
(a) He smells of sandalwood.
(b) He smells of cigarette smoke.
(c) He smells of perfume.
(d) He smells of alcohol.
6. What dream does Nariman have that causes him to wake up screaming?
(a) Yasmin and Lucy have fallen from the roof.
(b) Nariman has fallen from the room with Yasmin and Lucy.
(c) Lucy has pushed Yasmine off the roof.
(d) Yasmin has pushed Lucy off the roof.
7. Who finally helps Nariman with the urinal?
8. What arrives at Kapur's store that he get all excited about?
(a) His Santa suit.
(b) Members of the Shiv Sena.
(c) Lots of children.
(d) Supplies for a second store.
9. How do Jehangir's parents react to being called to school on his behalf?
(a) They ask Nariman what to do.
(b) They do nothing.
(c) They sign him up for summer school.
(d) They give him extra chores.
10. What gift does Kapur give Yezad?
(a) Photos of the neighborhood where Yezad grew up.
(b) A lecture for leaving his family on Christmas.
(c) A bonus for coming in on the holiday.
(d) An extra Santa suit.
11. Why does Yezad meet with Vilas and his two actor friends?
(a) To write a letter to convince Kapur to run for office.
(b) To go together to meet the Shiv Sena.
(c) To finalize the details of their scam.
(d) To discuss the play Vilas is writing.
12. How did Kapur react to Yezad's story in Chapter 15?
(a) He decided to do nothing immediately.
(b) He went into a rage and destroyed his window displays.
(c) He closed the store to avoid any more problems.
(d) He complimented Yezad on a job well done.
13. What request does Nariman make of Daisy after she first plays her violin for him?
(a) That she play her violin as he lies dying.
(b) That she play his favorite song over and over.
(c) That she play her violin to wake him up.
(d) That she play her violin as he goes to sleep.
14. How does Edul's wife describe Nariman's home?
(a) The house of uncertainty.
(b) The house of much sadness.
(c) The house of unhappiness.
(d) The house of happiness.
15. Why does Kapur not respond to Yezad's request about his new responsibilities?
(a) Kapur is too excited about his Christmas decorations.
(b) Kapur has not made up his mind about the new responsibilities.
(c) Kapur is mad at Yezad for breaking an ornament,
(d) Kapur tells Yezad he will find out in time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Murad get Jehangir for Christmas?
2. How does Mrs. Kapur act when Yezad asks about his Christmas present from Mr. Kapur?
3. What is Yezad's excuse for not helping Nariman with his urinal?
4. What request does Jehangir make one evening as he is having supper with his family?
5. What does Yezad tell Kapur happened while Kapur was out getting his blood pressure checked?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)