|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much extra money does Roxana find in the budget envelopes?
(a) Forty five rupees.
(b) One hundred and twenty rupees.
(c) Sixty rupees.
(d) One hundred and eighty rupees.
2. What is Yezad's explanation for the extra money?
(a) He admits to playing Matka.
(b) He says he has worked overtime.
(c) He says maybe Mr. Kapur paid him extra commissions.
(d) He tells Roxana she must have miscounted.
3. Why does Coomy agree to allow Edul Munshi to help fix up her apartment?
(a) He will finish quickly.
(b) He will take so long Nariman will never come home.
(c) He is known for his excellent craftsmanship.
(d) He will not charge much.
4. How do Jehangir's parents react to being called to school on his behalf?
(a) They do nothing.
(b) They sign him up for summer school.
(c) They ask Nariman what to do.
(d) They give him extra chores.
5. How does Edul's wife describe Nariman's home?
(a) The house of happiness.
(b) The house of much sadness.
(c) The house of unhappiness.
(d) The house of uncertainty.
6. Why does Nariman become agitated when Jal leaves after having dinner with the Chenoy family?
(a) No one knows.
(b) He does not want Jal to leave.
(c) He misses Coomy.
(d) He wants the family to stay together.
7. What dream does Nariman have that causes him to wake up screaming?
(a) Yasmin and Lucy have fallen from the roof.
(b) Yasmin has pushed Lucy off the roof.
(c) Nariman has fallen from the room with Yasmin and Lucy.
(d) Lucy has pushed Yasmine off the roof.
8. What is the good omen that Roxana sees as the family leaves Pleasant Villa?
(a) A moth.
(b) A bird.
(c) A white dove.
(d) A butterfly.
9. What awakens Yezad in the middle of the night?
(a) A siren.
(b) His children.
(c) Chest pains.
(d) Leg cramp.s
10. What upsets the inspector most about the Parsi community?
(a) He thinks it is getting too large.
(b) He thinks too many Parsi are uneducated.
(c) He thinks they do not have enough schools.
(d) He thinks it is shrinking.
11. What arrives at Kapur's store that he get all excited about?
(a) His Santa suit.
(b) Members of the Shiv Sena.
(c) Lots of children.
(d) Supplies for a second store.
12. What two things bring Yezad comfort as the story nears its end?
(a) Work and family.
(b) Family and friends.
(c) Work and the temple
(d) Family and the temple.
13. What does Jehangir have to do after putting old and wrinkled money in the budget envelopes?
(a) Ask his mother to double check the envelopes.
(b) He is not required to do anything.
(c) Wash his hands.
(d) Carefully seal the envelopes.
14. What does Yezad think of as he sits with Nariman in the evening?
(a) He is grateful he is not Nariman.
(b) The pain that Nariman is to those who care for him.
(c) The agony Nariman is going through.
(d) He tries to visualize Nariman well.
15. What kind of reception does Yezad get from Kapur's wife?
(a) She says he must never come to their house again.
(b) She is very cold toward him.
(c) She invites him to stay with them for a while.
(d) She welcomes him with open arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yezad's excuse for not helping Nariman with his urinal?
2. How do Coomy and Edul Munshi die?
3. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
4. How did Kapur react to Yezad's story in Chapter 15?
5. Why does Kapur not respond to Yezad's request about his new responsibilities?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)