|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request does Nariman make of Daisy after she first plays her violin for him?
(a) That she play her violin as he lies dying.
(b) That she play his favorite song over and over.
(c) That she play her violin to wake him up.
(d) That she play her violin as he goes to sleep.
2. What does Yezad tell Jehangir that his name means?
(a) Conqueror of India.
(b) King of the world.
(c) Conqueror of the world.
(d) King of India.
3. What does Yezad think of as he sits with Nariman in the evening?
(a) The pain that Nariman is to those who care for him.
(b) He tries to visualize Nariman well.
(c) The agony Nariman is going through.
(d) He is grateful he is not Nariman.
4. What does Yezad tell Kapur happened while Kapur was out getting his blood pressure checked?
(a) Two men from Shiv Sena came by and threatened him.
(b) The Shiv Sena announced their intentions to remove all Christmas decorations.
(c) Yezad promised that Kapur would remove the Christmas decorations.
(d) Yezad paid the Shiv Sena to leave Kapur alone.
5. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
(a) He cannot get Nariman out of his house.
(b) Kapur has given him too much responsibility.
(c) There are too many Christmas decorations.
(d) He has lost a chance at promotion.
6. Who goes to help Nariman when he asks for the urinal?
(a) No one.
7. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
(a) He sells his car.
(b) He buys a train pass.
(c) He gives his expensive clothes away.
(d) He sells his watch.
8. How does Mrs. Kapur act when Yezad asks about his Christmas present from Mr. Kapur?
(a) She says he would never give such a valuable gift.
(b) She says Yezad is fortunate to have had such a good boss.
(c) She says if Yezad can find it he can have it.
(d) She says Yezad must have been mistaken about Kapur's intention.
9. In Nariman's dream about a time when Lucy worked for another family in his building, what is Lucy doing?
(a) Singing as she cleans the apartment.
(b) Singing and threatening to jump.
(c) Crying and threatening to quit.
(d) Crying and complaining about the heavy work load.
10. Why does Coomy agree to allow Edul Munshi to help fix up her apartment?
(a) He is known for his excellent craftsmanship.
(b) He will finish quickly.
(c) He will not charge much.
(d) He will take so long Nariman will never come home.
11. What proposition does Jal make to Yezad and Roxana?
(a) That they remodel Pleasant Villa.
(b) That they send Jehangir, Murad, and Nariman to Chateau Felicity.
(c) They they hire a nurse for Nariman.
(d) That they sell their flat and move into Chateau Felicity.
12. Why does Nariman become agitated when Jal leaves after having dinner with the Chenoy family?
(a) He does not want Jal to leave.
(b) He misses Coomy.
(c) He wants the family to stay together.
(d) No one knows.
13. Why does Yezad have trouble finding another job?
(a) No one wants someone connected with a murder.
(b) Yezad has a reputation as a trouble maker.
(c) Yezad is too old to find another job.
(d) No one wants a person with Yezad's experience.
14. What arrives at Kapur's store that he get all excited about?
(a) Members of the Shiv Sena.
(b) His Santa suit.
(c) Supplies for a second store.
(d) Lots of children.
15. What happens to Yezad when he stops at the temple and stays for prayers?
(a) He realizes he has forgotten all the prayers.
(b) He has a great feeling of peace.
(c) He becomes confused about why he is there.
(d) He realizes he no longer has a place in the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kapur not respond to Yezad's request about his new responsibilities?
2. What does Yezad do when Vilas tries to tell him about one of his recent clients?
3. Why does Miss Alvarez ask to speak to Jehangir's parents?
4. Why does Yezad not want Kapur to pay the Shiv Sena?
5. What is Kapur's justification for not being treated like a common person?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)