|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Kapur do when he learns that Husain is unable to work?
(a) He sends him home.
(b) He fires him.
(c) He comforts him.
(d) He insists that Husain try to work.
2. What was Dr. Tarapore's decision concerning Nariman?
(a) That Nariman should wear the cast for another month.
(b) That he should replace Nariman's cast with a lighter one.
(c) That he would remove the entire cast immediately.
(d) That he should wait another week to remove the cast.
3. What offer does Roxana make when Coomy mentions moving their father to Roxana's?
(a) Roxana eagerly welcomes him.
(b) Roxana says Nariman is welcome, even though it will be crowded.
(c) Roxana promises she and her family will visit Nariman every evening.
(d) Roxana says that is the best thing for Nariman.
4. Why are Jehangir and Murad excited about having Nariman stay with them?
(a) They can sleep on the balcony.
(b) Nariman spoils them.
(c) They can stay up later.
(d) They love Nariman.
5. What does Nariman observe as Coomy and Jal move him to Roxana's apartment?
(a) It is hard for them to hide their eagerness to be rid of him.
(b) They are both looking forward to seeing Roxana again.
(c) They are both eager to see him comfortable and cared for.
(d) It is hard for them to hide their sadness at his leaving.
6. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
(a) Invite Nariman to stay longer.
(b) Send Nariman back to Coomy and Jal.
(c) Help Nariman find a place of his own.
(d) Yezad has no plans for Nariman.
7. When Coomy calls in Dr. Tarapore, what is his concern about Nariman?
(a) He thinks Nariman may be crazy.
(b) He thinks Nariman is in danger of depression.
(c) He thinks Nariman is perfectly normal and tells Coomy not to worry.
(d) He thinks Nariman needs a change of scenery.
8. How does Coomy prepare for her father's return from the hospital?
(a) She buys a commode.
(b) She makes a special place for him.
(c) She hires a nurse to care for him.
(d) She buys a bedpan and urinal.
9. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
(a) A kiss on the cheek.
(b) Asking to see his teeth.
(c) Feeling his bald head.
(d) Feeling his chin.
10. What arrangements are made for Nariman at Roxana's?
(a) He must share a bed with one of the boys.
(b) He is given a cot of his own.
(c) He is put in Jehangir's bed.
(d) He is put in a bed on the balcony.
11. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
(a) He is becoming more loving.
(b) He is becoming more alert.
(c) He is living less and less in the present world.
(d) He is becoming more aware of his mortality.
12. What is Mr. Kapur passionate about collecting?
(a) Photographs of people.
(b) Photographs of animals.
(c) Photographs of the city.
(d) Photographs of the mountains.
13. What does Husain do when he is having a "good" day?
(a) He orders supplies.
(b) He helps Yezad.
(c) He waits on customers.
(d) He does odd jobs around the store.
14. What relation are Murad and Jehangir to Nariman?
(a) They are his son and daughter.
(b) They are his grandchildren.
(c) They are his stepchildren.
(d) They are his foster children.
15. How does Yezad use the item he borrowed from his neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
(a) He uses it to cover the windows.
(b) He makes a tent on the balcony.
(c) He uses it for his own bed.
(d) He makes Nariman sleep on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a flashback, Nariman recalls a person who makes him happy. Who is it?
2. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
3. What do Coomy and Jal do at home to keep Nariman from coming back?
4. How does the doctor treat Nariman's injury at the hospital?
5. What type of school do Murad and Jehangir attend?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)