Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nariman not allowed to marry the woman he chose?
(a) She has two children.
(b) She is a Goan.
(c) She is too old.
(d) She is a Parsi.
2. What is the predominant mood of the dinner party?
(a) There is a lot of bickering.
(b) No one talks to anyone else.
(c) Everyone focuses on the chldren.
(d) There is a lot of laughter.
3. What does the x-ray of Nariman's ankle reveal?
(a) The ankle needs to be reset.
(b) The ankle is healing nicely.
(c) The ankle is healing, but will not be strong enough to walk on.
(d) The ankle is only beginning to heal.
4. What does Coomy use to clean Nariman's teeth?
(a) Dishwashing liquid.
(c) Toilet bowl cleaner.
(d) Laundry detergent.
5. What does Nariman want Coomy to bring to the table as she prepares for his birthday dinner?
(a) His special plate.
(b) The good china.
(c) A picture of their mother.
(d) The everyday dishes.
6. What reason does Coomy give for wanting to move her father to Roxana's apartment?
(a) She says she wants what is best for him.
(b) She says Roxana has asked him to come and stay.
(c) She says Roxana is jealous of Coomy's relationship with her father.
(d) She says he is always happier around Roxana's family.
7. Why is Jehangir's job as homework monitor in jeopardy?
(a) His grades are not good enough for him to keep the job.
(b) He has accepted too many bribes.
(c) He does not pay attention to what he is doing.
(d) He is getting too old for the job.
8. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
(a) He tells her he can't wait to get inside with her family.
(b) He apologizes for being a burden.
(c) He tells her how good Coomy has been to him.
(d) He tells her it was not his idea to come to her home.
9. When does the author indicate that Nariman will be able to move about and take care of himself?
(a) It depends on the exercises he does.
(b) It is hard to tell from the story.
(c) About three weeks.
10. What news about his intentions does Mr. Kapur share with Yezad as they get together after work?
(a) He is considering adding on the the store he has.
(b) He is considering selling the store.
(c) He is considering running for the municipal council.
(d) He is considering buying another store.
11. Why are Jehangir and Murad excited about having Nariman stay with them?
(a) They can sleep on the balcony.
(b) Nariman spoils them.
(c) They can stay up later.
(d) They love Nariman.
12. A few days after Nariman's return home, Dr. Tarapore is asked to do another x-ray. What does this one show?
(b) A perfectly healed ankle.
(d) Several old breaks.
13. What are Roxana and Yezad most concerned about when it looks like Nariman will be staying with them for a while?
(a) Coomy and Jal's indifference to their father.
(b) Their finances.
(c) The fact that Nariman is not healing.
(d) The effect of Nariman's presence on their boys.
14. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
(a) They are his stepchildren.
(b) They are his grandchildren.
(c) They are his son and daughter.
(d) They are his foster children.
15. At the beginning of the story, Nariman is preparing to celebrate which birthday?
(a) His seventy-seventh.
(b) His eightieth.
(c) His seventy-ninth.
(d) His seventy-eighth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nariman have when he returns from his walk on the evening of his birthday?
2. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
3. How does Yezad get to work?
4. How does Dr. Tarapore's impending visit affect Nariman?
5. When Roxana and her family arrive for dinner, what is Coomy's reaction?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)