|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Nariman for his assistance while he is in the hospital?
(a) Mr Rangaragan and Dr. Tarapore.
(b) Dr. Tarapore and Dr. Fitter.
(c) Mr. Rangarajan and an orderly.
(d) Dr. Tarapore and an orderly.
2. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
(a) Feeling his bald head.
(b) Asking to see his teeth.
(c) Feeling his chin.
(d) A kiss on the cheek.
3. A few days after Nariman's return home, Dr. Tarapore is asked to do another x-ray. What does this one show?
(a) Several old breaks.
(b) A perfectly healed ankle.
4. What does Nariman observe as Coomy and Jal move him to Roxana's apartment?
(a) They are both eager to see him comfortable and cared for.
(b) They are both looking forward to seeing Roxana again.
(c) It is hard for them to hide their eagerness to be rid of him.
(d) It is hard for them to hide their sadness at his leaving.
5. At the beginning of the story, Nariman is preparing to celebrate which birthday?
(a) His seventy-seventh.
(b) His seventy-eighth.
(c) His eightieth.
(d) His seventy-ninth.
6. What opportunity does one of the customers present to Yezad?
(a) To receive an extra shipment without paying for it.
(b) To leave his job and take a better one.
(c) To pad the bill and make extra money.
(d) To receive protection from the rioters.
7. How would Mr. Kapur's action affect Yezad?
(a) It would mean he could lose his job.
(b) It would give Yezad an opportunity to own his own store.
(c) It would mean more responsibility and more money.
(d) It would mean he might have to work more hours.
8. What service does Jehangir provide for Nariman?
(a) He helps Nariman eat.
(b) He helps Nariman find a place to lie down.
(c) He reads the paper to Nariman.
(d) He combs Nariman's hair.
9. Why do Coomy and Jal not want Nariman to go out alone?
(a) They are afraid he will not return in time for his birthday celebration.
(b) They are afraid something will happen to him.
(c) They are afraid he will run away.
(d) They are afraid he will get lost.
10. What is Coomy preparing to do when Yezad and Roxana arrive at her home to discuss her concerns for Nariman?
(b) Make room for Nariman.
11. How long does Roxana tell Yezad that Nariman will stay with them?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) Until he is well.
(d) Three weeks.
12. How long does Nariman stay in the hospital?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two months.
13. What responsibility does Murad take on himself at home that upsets Yezad?
(a) Helping prepare supper.
(b) Weeding the flowerbeds.
(c) Setting the table.
(d) Winding the clock.
14. How does Yezad get to work?
(a) By bus.
(b) By foot.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
15. What is Jal's concern about leaving his father at Roxana's?
(a) He thinks it is the best option they have.
(b) He wonders if Nariman will resent Jal and Coomy for moving him.
(c) He wonders how Yezad will react to having Narinam around.
(d) He wonders how it will affect family relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nariman want Coomy to bring to the table as she prepares for his birthday dinner?
2. Which of the following best describes the home Roxana and her family live in?
3. What relation are Murad and Jehangir to Nariman?
4. How does Coomy answer Jal's concern about leaving their father with the Chenoy family?
5. What does the x-ray of Nariman's ankle reveal?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)