|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
(a) Send Nariman back to Coomy and Jal.
(b) Yezad has no plans for Nariman.
(c) Help Nariman find a place of his own.
(d) Invite Nariman to stay longer.
2. What is Yezad's attitude toward religion?
(a) He tends to scoff at religious practices.
(b) He is very devout in his faith.
(c) He will attend church, but is not necessarily interested.
(d) He is searching for answers.
3. How does Coomy answer Jal's concern about leaving their father with the Chenoy family?
(a) She says she regrets that it had to be done.
(b) She says they had no choice.
(c) She says it was the best option.
(d) She expresses concern for Nariman's well-being.
4. What is Coomy's first concern after getting rid of Nariman?
(a) Getting rid of the smells he left behind.
(b) Getting rid of any sign that Nariman ever lived with her.
(c) Making sure he has all he needs at Roxana's.
(d) Cleaning his room and readying it for his return.
5. What is Mr. Kapur passionate about collecting?
(a) Photographs of the city.
(b) Photographs of animals.
(c) Photographs of the mountains.
(d) Photographs of people.
6. What are Roxana and Yezad most concerned about when it looks like Nariman will be staying with them for a while?
(a) The fact that Nariman is not healing.
(b) The effect of Nariman's presence on their boys.
(c) Coomy and Jal's indifference to their father.
(d) Their finances.
7. What happens the first time Nariman attempts to walk when he gets back to Roxana's?
(a) Nariman gives up once he puts his foot on the floor.
(b) His ankle breaks again.
(c) It goes very well.
(d) He stumbles, but manages to limp to the table.
8. What argument does Coomy use to leave Nariman at Roxana's house a while longer?
(a) She and Jal are going on vacation.
(b) Nariman is much happier at Roxana's.
(c) She and Jal do not have time for Nariman.
(d) His hospital visit would mean more ambulance rides.
9. What does Mr. Kapur do when he learns that Husain is unable to work?
(a) He fires him.
(b) He comforts him.
(c) He insists that Husain try to work.
(d) He sends him home.
10. What responsibility does Murad take on himself at home that upsets Yezad?
(a) Setting the table.
(b) Helping prepare supper.
(c) Winding the clock.
(d) Weeding the flowerbeds.
11. Why is Jehangir's job as homework monitor in jeopardy?
(a) He is getting too old for the job.
(b) He does not pay attention to what he is doing.
(c) His grades are not good enough for him to keep the job.
(d) He has accepted too many bribes.
12. What reason does Coomy give to convince Roxana to let her father move in?
(a) She says it will help avoid depression.
(b) She says Jal cannot take it any longer.
(c) She says Nariman likes Roxana better.
(d) She says it is only fair that they share responsibility.
13. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
(a) A kiss on the cheek.
(b) Feeling his bald head.
(c) Asking to see his teeth.
(d) Feeling his chin.
14. Who is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks and dreams?
15. How does Yezad get to work?
(a) By car.
(b) By bus.
(c) By train.
(d) By foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Husain do when he is having a "good" day?
2. What does Miss Alvarez think of the position of homework monitor?
3. What is Jal upset with Coomy about after Roxana and Yezad leave?
4. Why do Coomy and Jal not want Nariman to go out alone?
5. According to Coomy, who is supposed to inherit Chateau Felicity?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)