|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Nariman stay in the hospital?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two months.
2. Why does Vilas tell Yezad it is in his best interest to remain honest?
(a) Honesty is the best policy.
(b) Yezad has promised Vilas he will always be honest.
(c) It is always the right thing to do.
(d) He is bound by his Parsi heritage.
3. What does Yezad give Villie for helping him with Matka?
(a) Ten dinar.
(b) Ten rubles.
(c) Ten rupees.
(d) Ten rubies
4. What do Coomy and Jal do at home to keep Nariman from coming back?
(a) They leave on an extended vacation.
(b) They change the locks.
(c) They set fire to Nariman's room.
(d) They destroy the ceilings.
5. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
(a) They are ultra liberals.
(b) They have no political views.
(c) They are loyal traditionalists.
(d) They are radical conservatives.
6. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
7. What reason does Coomy give for wanting to move her father to Roxana's apartment?
(a) She says Roxana has asked him to come and stay.
(b) She says he is always happier around Roxana's family.
(c) She says Roxana is jealous of Coomy's relationship with her father.
(d) She says she wants what is best for him.
8. What offer does Roxana make when Coomy mentions moving their father to Roxana's?
(a) Roxana says that is the best thing for Nariman.
(b) Roxana eagerly welcomes him.
(c) Roxana promises she and her family will visit Nariman every evening.
(d) Roxana says Nariman is welcome, even though it will be crowded.
9. What is Jal's concern about leaving his father at Roxana's?
(a) He thinks it is the best option they have.
(b) He wonders how Yezad will react to having Narinam around.
(c) He wonders how it will affect family relationships.
(d) He wonders if Nariman will resent Jal and Coomy for moving him.
10. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
(a) The Chenoy and Vakeel families.
(b) About Bombay.
(c) Religious practices.
(d) His grandfather.
11. What does Nariman encourage Roxana and Yezad to do to help their financial situation?
(a) Put him in a nursing home.
(b) Sell their home and move into his old home with Coomy and Jal.
(c) Ask Coomy and Jal to turn over his savings account.
(d) Take him back to his own home where Coomy and Jal live.
12. What opportunity does one of the customers present to Yezad?
(a) To receive protection from the rioters.
(b) To leave his job and take a better one.
(c) To pad the bill and make extra money.
(d) To receive an extra shipment without paying for it.
13. What does the Chenoy family argue about at supper after returning from Chateau Felicity with Nariman?
(a) Who will get the last glass of milk.
(b) Who will get to sit next to Nariman.
(c) Who will get to slice the meat.
(d) Who will get one of the few slices of bread.
14. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
(a) They are his grandchildren.
(b) They are his foster children.
(c) They are his son and daughter.
(d) They are his stepchildren.
15. What is Nariman's response about moving to Roxana's?
(a) He will agree if it is okay with her.
(b) He is happy and excited about the move.
(c) He does not want to leave the comfort of his own room.
(d) He wants to ask her himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the doctor treat Nariman's injury at the hospital?
2. Who asks Nariman for his assistance while he is in the hospital?
3. How does Dr. Tarapore's impending visit affect Nariman?
4. How does Yezad get to work?
5. What reason does Coomy give Nariman for not telling Roxana and Yezad about his accident?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)