|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Coomy, who is supposed to inherit Chateau Felicity?
(b) Roxana and Yezad.
(d) Coomy and Jal.
2. How are Murad and Jehangir instructed to act when they arrive at Nariman's home?
(a) They are not given instructions.
(b) They are told to sit like statues.
(c) They are told to sit on the floor.
(d) They are told to play quietly.
3. Why is Jehangir's job as homework monitor in jeopardy?
(a) He has accepted too many bribes.
(b) His grades are not good enough for him to keep the job.
(c) He does not pay attention to what he is doing.
(d) He is getting too old for the job.
4. Who asks Nariman for his assistance while he is in the hospital?
(a) Dr. Tarapore and Dr. Fitter.
(b) Mr Rangaragan and Dr. Tarapore.
(c) Dr. Tarapore and an orderly.
(d) Mr. Rangarajan and an orderly.
5. What is Roxana's first action for Nariman after he arrives at her home?
(a) She puts him to bed.
(b) She gives him a sponge bath.
(c) She gives him a good meal.
(d) She cleans his teeth.
6. What does Husain do when he is having a "good" day?
(a) He waits on customers.
(b) He orders supplies.
(c) He does odd jobs around the store.
(d) He helps Yezad.
7. What is Nariman's occupation?
(a) He is an active professor.
(b) He is a part-time teacher.
(c) He is a retired musician.
(d) He is a retired professor.
8. What happens as the Chenoys wait at the bus stop?
(a) Roxana is abducted.
(b) Murad and Jehangir get in a fight.
(c) They are accosted by a pair of drunks.
(d) Yezad is beaten and robbed.
9. What is Matka?
(a) An Indian racing event.
(b) An Indian dice game.
(c) An Indian card game.
(d) An Indian numbers game.
10. How does Coomy prepare for her father's return from the hospital?
(a) She buys a bedpan and urinal.
(b) She buys a commode.
(c) She hires a nurse to care for him.
(d) She makes a special place for him.
11. How long will Nariman have to care for his foot?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Four months.
(c) Four days.
(d) Four weeks.
12. What was Dr. Tarapore's decision concerning Nariman?
(a) That he would remove the entire cast immediately.
(b) That he should wait another week to remove the cast.
(c) That he should replace Nariman's cast with a lighter one.
(d) That Nariman should wear the cast for another month.
13. Why does Yezad not use Mr. Kapur's first name during work hours?
(a) He cannot remember Mr. Kapur's first name.
(b) Because Mr. Kapur will not use Yezad's last name.
(c) Mr. Kapur's first name is too hard for Yezad to say.
(d) He thinks using his boss's first name is too informal.
14. What relation is Roxana to Jal and Coomy?
(a) She is their half-sister.
(b) She is their step-sister.
(c) She is their aunt.
(d) She is their step-mother.
15. Why does Coomy request that Phoola Phoola clean her room first?
(a) So she can spend time with her father.
(b) Because it was not cleaned the last time.
(c) So she can watch to see that it is done correctly.
(d) So she can go back to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to play in the afternoon cricket match?
2. Why do Coomy and Jal not want Nariman to go out alone?
3. What does Nariman offer to do to help Jehangir?
4. What does Coomy confess to Jal about caring for their father?
5. What is the Chenoy family hoping to learn from Dr. Tarapore's visit?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)