|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What responsibility does Murad take on himself at home that upsets Yezad?
(a) Winding the clock.
(b) Helping prepare supper.
(c) Weeding the flowerbeds.
(d) Setting the table.
2. What instrument does Roxana's neighbor play?
(a) The cello.
(b) The trumpet.
(c) The harp.
(d) The violin.
3. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) Religious practices.
(c) The Chenoy and Vakeel families.
(d) About Bombay.
4. Which of the following is most true about Coomy?
(a) Coomy genuinely cares for others.
(b) Coomy is a cheerful and considerate person.
(c) Coomy pretends she doesn't mind cleaning up after her father.
(d) Coomy pretends she cares for others.
5. What does Roxana wish to talk to Coomy about when she goes to Chateau Felicity?
(a) Nariman's diet.
(b) Nariman's health.
(c) Nariman's medicine.
(d) Nariman's will.
6. What does Coomy confess to Jal about caring for their father?
(a) She says wishes they had a better relationship.
(b) She says she hates that he is dependent upon them.
(c) She says she hates the work of caring for him.
(d) She says she knows Nariman likes Roxana better.
7. What does Nariman encourage Roxana and Yezad to do to help their financial situation?
(a) Put him in a nursing home.
(b) Ask Coomy and Jal to turn over his savings account.
(c) Take him back to his own home where Coomy and Jal live.
(d) Sell their home and move into his old home with Coomy and Jal.
8. What offer does Roxana make when Coomy mentions moving their father to Roxana's?
(a) Roxana eagerly welcomes him.
(b) Roxana says that is the best thing for Nariman.
(c) Roxana says Nariman is welcome, even though it will be crowded.
(d) Roxana promises she and her family will visit Nariman every evening.
9. Why is Jehangir's job as homework monitor in jeopardy?
(a) He has accepted too many bribes.
(b) He is getting too old for the job.
(c) His grades are not good enough for him to keep the job.
(d) He does not pay attention to what he is doing.
10. Which of the following seems most sensitive to Nariman's needs?
11. How does Nariman deal with Coomy's ranting?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He yells back at her.
(c) He is quietly sarcastic.
(d) He is meekly obedient.
12. How does Jal explain the constant hammering that Yezad asks about?
(a) He says their neighbor is a carpenter.
(b) He says it is the apartment manager.
(c) He says it is the neighbor's children playing.
(d) He says it is their crazy neighbor.
13. How long will Nariman have to care for his foot?
(a) Four days.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Four months.
14. What relation are Murad and Jehangir to Nariman?
(a) They are his stepchildren.
(b) They are his grandchildren.
(c) They are his foster children.
(d) They are his son and daughter.
15. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
(a) Send Nariman back to Coomy and Jal.
(b) Yezad has no plans for Nariman.
(c) Invite Nariman to stay longer.
(d) Help Nariman find a place of his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Murad and Jehangir instructed to act when they arrive at Nariman's home?
2. What is Nariman's occupation?
3. How does the doctor treat Nariman's injury at the hospital?
4. Why do Coomy and Jal not want Nariman to go out alone?
5. What are Roxana and Yezad most concerned about when it looks like Nariman will be staying with them for a while?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)