|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Roxana and her family arrive for dinner, what is Coomy's reaction?
(a) She grumbles that they are always early.
(b) She grumbles that they are always late.
(c) She grumbles that they are always on time.
(d) She grumbles that they never bring anything.
2. What type of school do Murad and Jehangir attend?
(a) A private boys' school.
(b) A prep school.
(c) An English-style school.
(d) A public school.
3. What does Yezad give Villie for helping him with Matka?
(a) Ten dinar.
(b) Ten rupees.
(c) Ten rubies
(d) Ten rubles.
4. What does Husain do when he is having a "good" day?
(a) He waits on customers.
(b) He orders supplies.
(c) He does odd jobs around the store.
(d) He helps Yezad.
5. How would Mr. Kapur's action affect Yezad?
(a) It would give Yezad an opportunity to own his own store.
(b) It would mean he might have to work more hours.
(c) It would mean he could lose his job.
(d) It would mean more responsibility and more money.
6. Why is Nariman not allowed to marry the woman he chose?
(a) She is a Goan.
(b) She has two children.
(c) She is a Parsi.
(d) She is too old.
7. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
(a) About Bombay.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) Religious practices.
(d) The Chenoy and Vakeel families.
8. What is the Chenoy family hoping to learn from Dr. Tarapore's visit?
(a) That Nariman no longer needs continual care.
(b) That he can completely remove Nariman's cast.
(c) That Nariman can move into his own place.
(d) That Nariman is well enough to go home.
9. What arrangements are made for Nariman at Roxana's?
(a) He is put in Jehangir's bed.
(b) He is put in a bed on the balcony.
(c) He must share a bed with one of the boys.
(d) He is given a cot of his own.
10. What does Coomy confess to Jal about caring for their father?
(a) She says she knows Nariman likes Roxana better.
(b) She says she hates the work of caring for him.
(c) She says she hates that he is dependent upon them.
(d) She says wishes they had a better relationship.
11. What does Coomy use to clean Nariman's teeth?
(b) Laundry detergent.
(c) Dishwashing liquid.
(d) Toilet bowl cleaner.
12. What is Jal upset with Coomy about after Roxana and Yezad leave?
(a) He thinks she has lied to her family.
(b) He says Coomy has ruined family relations.
(c) He was ashamed that the house wasn't clean for Roxana and Yezad.
(d) He wants Nariman to come home immediately.
13. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
(a) He is becoming more aware of his mortality.
(b) He is becoming more alert.
(c) He is living less and less in the present world.
(d) He is becoming more loving.
14. What prompts Roxana to change her mind about taking her father in?
(a) Roxana really misses her father and wants him near.
(b) Coomy says Nariman is looking forward to being with Roxana's family.
(c) Roxana realizes all Coomy's reasons are good ones.
(d) Coomy says Nariman is waiting outside in an ambulance.
15. What does Roxana wish to talk to Coomy about when she goes to Chateau Felicity?
(a) Nariman's health.
(b) Nariman's will.
(c) Nariman's diet.
(d) Nariman's medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the argument between Roxana and Coomy?
2. What is Matka?
3. Why does Yezad not use Mr. Kapur's first name during work hours?
4. When Coomy calls in Dr. Tarapore, what is his concern about Nariman?
5. Nariman exhibits symptoms of the early stages of what disease?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)