|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yezad not use Mr. Kapur's first name during work hours?
(a) Mr. Kapur's first name is too hard for Yezad to say.
(b) Because Mr. Kapur will not use Yezad's last name.
(c) He thinks using his boss's first name is too informal.
(d) He cannot remember Mr. Kapur's first name.
2. What was Dr. Tarapore's decision concerning Nariman?
(a) That he would remove the entire cast immediately.
(b) That Nariman should wear the cast for another month.
(c) That he should wait another week to remove the cast.
(d) That he should replace Nariman's cast with a lighter one.
3. Why does Coomy request that Phoola Phoola clean her room first?
(a) So she can watch to see that it is done correctly.
(b) So she can spend time with her father.
(c) So she can go back to bed.
(d) Because it was not cleaned the last time.
4. What does the x-ray of Nariman's ankle reveal?
(a) The ankle is only beginning to heal.
(b) The ankle is healing, but will not be strong enough to walk on.
(c) The ankle needs to be reset.
(d) The ankle is healing nicely.
5. Why is Jehangir's job as homework monitor in jeopardy?
(a) He does not pay attention to what he is doing.
(b) His grades are not good enough for him to keep the job.
(c) He has accepted too many bribes.
(d) He is getting too old for the job.
6. How does Coomy prepare for her father's return from the hospital?
(a) She buys a commode.
(b) She makes a special place for him.
(c) She buys a bedpan and urinal.
(d) She hires a nurse to care for him.
7. What is Roxana's advice to Jehangir about writing a book?
(a) He should not write about his own family.
(b) He should only write nice things.
(c) He should only write the truth.
(d) He should be careful not to hurt anyone's feelings.
8. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
(a) He works in a bookstore.
(b) He is a friend of Yezad.
(c) He writes letters for others.
(d) He is unemployed.
9. What kind of story does Vilas propose to write for his drama club?
(a) One about awakening the poor to their plight.
(b) One of success.
(c) One of life and celebration.
(d) One of torture and death.
10. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
(a) Religious practices.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) About Bombay.
(d) The Chenoy and Vakeel families.
11. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
(a) He tells her it was not his idea to come to her home.
(b) He apologizes for being a burden.
(c) He tells her how good Coomy has been to him.
(d) He tells her he can't wait to get inside with her family.
12. According to Coomy, who is supposed to inherit Chateau Felicity?
(a) Coomy and Jal.
(b) Roxana and Yezad.
13. How does Nariman injure his ankle?
(a) He falls over an unseen object.
(b) He falls while playing a game.
(c) He falls down the stairs.
(d) He falls into a trench.
14. What news about his intentions does Mr. Kapur share with Yezad as they get together after work?
(a) He is considering buying another store.
(b) He is considering selling the store.
(c) He is considering running for the municipal council.
(d) He is considering adding on the the store he has.
15. What happens the first time Nariman attempts to walk when he gets back to Roxana's?
(a) His ankle breaks again.
(b) He stumbles, but manages to limp to the table.
(c) Nariman gives up once he puts his foot on the floor.
(d) It goes very well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as the Chenoys wait at the bus stop?
2. What type of school do Murad and Jehangir attend?
3. Why do Vilas' friends urge Yezad to stay away from Matka?
4. A few days after Nariman's return home, Dr. Tarapore is asked to do another x-ray. What does this one show?
5. What does the Chenoy family argue about at supper after returning from Chateau Felicity with Nariman?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)