Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jehangir's job as homework monitor in jeopardy?
(a) He is getting too old for the job.
(b) He has accepted too many bribes.
(c) His grades are not good enough for him to keep the job.
(d) He does not pay attention to what he is doing.
2. What news about his intentions does Mr. Kapur share with Yezad as they get together after work?
(a) He is considering adding on the the store he has.
(b) He is considering buying another store.
(c) He is considering running for the municipal council.
(d) He is considering selling the store.
3. Who asks Nariman for his assistance while he is in the hospital?
(a) Mr Rangaragan and Dr. Tarapore.
(b) Dr. Tarapore and Dr. Fitter.
(c) Dr. Tarapore and an orderly.
(d) Mr. Rangarajan and an orderly.
4. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
(a) He is talking to Roxana.
(b) He is complaining about his care.
(c) He is talking to himself.
(d) He is crying.
5. What opportunity does one of the customers present to Yezad?
(a) To leave his job and take a better one.
(b) To receive protection from the rioters.
(c) To pad the bill and make extra money.
(d) To receive an extra shipment without paying for it.
6. What excuse does Coomy give for not having told Roxana about the accident?
(a) She knows Roxana did not have room to care for her father.
(b) She said Roxana is too busy with her family to have time for Nariman.
(c) She knows Roxana would blame her for letting Nariman get hurt.
(d) She knows Roxana would insist on taking care of Nariman.
7. How long does Roxana tell Yezad that Nariman will stay with them?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Until he is well.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three days.
8. Which of the following seems most sensitive to Nariman's needs?
9. How does the cleaning woman awaken Coomy?
(a) By knocking on the door.
(b) By ringing the doorbell.
(c) By making too much noise.
(d) By coming into the room.
10. Who is to play in the afternoon cricket match?
(a) Students and non-students.
(b) Slaves and non-slaves.
(c) Catholics and Indians.
(d) Catholics and non-Catholics.
11. What are Roxana and Yezad most concerned about when it looks like Nariman will be staying with them for a while?
(a) The effect of Nariman's presence on their boys.
(b) The fact that Nariman is not healing.
(c) Their finances.
(d) Coomy and Jal's indifference to their father.
12. What argument does Coomy use to leave Nariman at Roxana's house a while longer?
(a) His hospital visit would mean more ambulance rides.
(b) She and Jal do not have time for Nariman.
(c) She and Jal are going on vacation.
(d) Nariman is much happier at Roxana's.
13. What responsibility does Murad take on himself at home that upsets Yezad?
(a) Winding the clock.
(b) Setting the table.
(c) Helping prepare supper.
(d) Weeding the flowerbeds.
14. How does Jal explain the constant hammering that Yezad asks about?
(a) He says it is their crazy neighbor.
(b) He says their neighbor is a carpenter.
(c) He says it is the apartment manager.
(d) He says it is the neighbor's children playing.
15. How would Mr. Kapur's action affect Yezad?
(a) It would give Yezad an opportunity to own his own store.
(b) It would mean he might have to work more hours.
(c) It would mean he could lose his job.
(d) It would mean more responsibility and more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Coomy intend to let Nariman come home?
2. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
3. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
4. What reason does Coomy give to convince Roxana to let her father move in?
5. What does Husain do when he is having a "bad" day?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)