|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Husain do when he is having a "bad" day?
(a) He does not show up for work.
(b) He sits in a corner and cries.
(c) He follows Yezad around and mutters.
(d) He cowers in the storeroom.
2. Why does Roxana stop Jehangir from explaining his book to Nariman?
(a) Jehangir is making too much noise.
(b) Nariman has fallen asleep.
(c) Nariman is not interested in what Jehangir reads.
(d) She needs Jehangir's help in the kitchen.
3. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
(a) Feeling his chin.
(b) Feeling his bald head.
(c) Asking to see his teeth.
(d) A kiss on the cheek.
4. What is Matka?
(a) An Indian card game.
(b) An Indian racing event.
(c) An Indian dice game.
(d) An Indian numbers game.
5. Why do Coomy and Jal not want Nariman to go out alone?
(a) They are afraid something will happen to him.
(b) They are afraid he will not return in time for his birthday celebration.
(c) They are afraid he will get lost.
(d) They are afraid he will run away.
6. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
(a) He tells her how good Coomy has been to him.
(b) He apologizes for being a burden.
(c) He tells her it was not his idea to come to her home.
(d) He tells her he can't wait to get inside with her family.
7. What argument does Coomy use to leave Nariman at Roxana's house a while longer?
(a) Nariman is much happier at Roxana's.
(b) His hospital visit would mean more ambulance rides.
(c) She and Jal do not have time for Nariman.
(d) She and Jal are going on vacation.
8. Which of the following best describes the home Roxana and her family live in?
(a) A comfortable flat in a well-kept building.
(b) A crowded two-room flat in a decaying building.
(c) A roomy two-bedroom flat in a new building.
(d) A quiet two-room flat in an old but clean building.
9. What do Coomy and Jal do at home to keep Nariman from coming back?
(a) They leave on an extended vacation.
(b) They destroy the ceilings.
(c) They set fire to Nariman's room.
(d) They change the locks.
10. Why does Vilas tell Yezad it is in his best interest to remain honest?
(a) Honesty is the best policy.
(b) It is always the right thing to do.
(c) He is bound by his Parsi heritage.
(d) Yezad has promised Vilas he will always be honest.
11. How does Nariman injure his ankle?
(a) He falls into a trench.
(b) He falls down the stairs.
(c) He falls over an unseen object.
(d) He falls while playing a game.
12. What excuse does Coomy give for not having told Roxana about the accident?
(a) She knows Roxana did not have room to care for her father.
(b) She said Roxana is too busy with her family to have time for Nariman.
(c) She knows Roxana would blame her for letting Nariman get hurt.
(d) She knows Roxana would insist on taking care of Nariman.
13. What relation are Murad and Jehangir to Nariman?
(a) They are his grandchildren.
(b) They are his foster children.
(c) They are his son and daughter.
(d) They are his stepchildren.
14. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
(a) He writes letters for others.
(b) He is a friend of Yezad.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) He works in a bookstore.
15. According to Coomy, who is supposed to inherit Chateau Felicity?
(b) Roxana and Yezad.
(d) Coomy and Jal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrangements are made for Nariman at Roxana's?
2. What was Dr. Tarapore's decision concerning Nariman?
3. What is Coomy preparing to do when Yezad and Roxana arrive at her home to discuss her concerns for Nariman?
4. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
5. Nariman exhibits symptoms of the early stages of what disease?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)