|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Roxana's neighbor play?
(a) The trumpet.
(b) The harp.
(c) The violin.
(d) The cello.
2. What does the Chenoy family argue about at supper after returning from Chateau Felicity with Nariman?
(a) Who will get to slice the meat.
(b) Who will get to sit next to Nariman.
(c) Who will get the last glass of milk.
(d) Who will get one of the few slices of bread.
3. Why are Jehangir and Murad excited about having Nariman stay with them?
(a) They can sleep on the balcony.
(b) Nariman spoils them.
(c) They love Nariman.
(d) They can stay up later.
4. What reason does Coomy give Nariman for not telling Roxana and Yezad about his accident?
(a) She does not think it was necessary.
(b) She had asked Jal to do it, but he would not.
(c) She is not able to locate them.
(d) She does not want to worry them.
5. Why is Nariman not allowed to marry the woman he chose?
(a) She has two children.
(b) She is too old.
(c) She is a Goan.
(d) She is a Parsi.
6. What is Roxana's first action for Nariman after he arrives at her home?
(a) She cleans his teeth.
(b) She puts him to bed.
(c) She gives him a good meal.
(d) She gives him a sponge bath.
7. Which of the following seems most sensitive to Nariman's needs?
8. What is the subject of the argument between Roxana and Coomy?
(a) Murad's behavior.
(b) Jehangir's behavior.
9. What does Miss Alvarez think of the position of homework monitor?
(a) It illustrates good citizenship.
(b) It illustrates maturity.
(c) It illustrates responsibility.
(d) It illustrates honesty.
10. How does Dr. Tarapore's impending visit affect Nariman?
(a) He is worried he is not healing fast enough.
(b) He get a bad headache.
(c) He has a nervous stomach.
(d) He gets excited.
11. How does Jal explain the constant hammering that Yezad asks about?
(a) He says it is the neighbor's children playing.
(b) He says it is the apartment manager.
(c) He says their neighbor is a carpenter.
(d) He says it is their crazy neighbor.
12. What happens the first time Nariman attempts to walk when he gets back to Roxana's?
(a) He stumbles, but manages to limp to the table.
(b) Nariman gives up once he puts his foot on the floor.
(c) It goes very well.
(d) His ankle breaks again.
13. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
(a) They are loyal traditionalists.
(b) They have no political views.
(c) They are radical conservatives.
(d) They are ultra liberals.
14. How does the doctor treat Nariman's injury at the hospital?
(a) He tells Nariman not to walk on that foot for a week.
(b) He decides no treatment is necessary.
(c) He bandages Nariman's ankle.
(d) He puts a cast on Nariman's ankle.
15. Who does Coomy initially ask for help when Nariman is brought home with an injured ankle?
(a) Their regular doctor, Dr. Tarapore.
(b) Their neighbor Dr. Fitter.
(c) She did not ask for help.
(d) The men who brought him home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nariman's response about moving to Roxana's?
2. What kind of story does Vilas propose to write for his drama club?
3. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
4. What type of school do Murad and Jehangir attend?
5. What is Jal upset with Coomy about after Roxana and Yezad leave?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)