|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Nariman's family arrange for him to marry?
(b) An unnamed woman.
2. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
(a) They are his son and daughter.
(b) They are his foster children.
(c) They are his grandchildren.
(d) They are his stepchildren.
3. What prompts Roxana to change her mind about taking her father in?
(a) Coomy says Nariman is waiting outside in an ambulance.
(b) Coomy says Nariman is looking forward to being with Roxana's family.
(c) Roxana realizes all Coomy's reasons are good ones.
(d) Roxana really misses her father and wants him near.
4. Why are Jehangir and Murad excited about having Nariman stay with them?
(a) They can stay up later.
(b) They love Nariman.
(c) They can sleep on the balcony.
(d) Nariman spoils them.
5. What does Husain do when he is having a "bad" day?
(a) He follows Yezad around and mutters.
(b) He cowers in the storeroom.
(c) He sits in a corner and cries.
(d) He does not show up for work.
6. How long does Nariman stay in the hospital?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two hours.
7. What opportunity does one of the customers present to Yezad?
(a) To receive protection from the rioters.
(b) To leave his job and take a better one.
(c) To receive an extra shipment without paying for it.
(d) To pad the bill and make extra money.
8. How does the cleaning woman awaken Coomy?
(a) By ringing the doorbell.
(b) By coming into the room.
(c) By making too much noise.
(d) By knocking on the door.
9. What relation are Murad and Jehangir to Nariman?
(a) They are his grandchildren.
(b) They are his son and daughter.
(c) They are his foster children.
(d) They are his stepchildren.
10. What excuse does Coomy give for not having told Roxana about the accident?
(a) She said Roxana is too busy with her family to have time for Nariman.
(b) She knows Roxana would blame her for letting Nariman get hurt.
(c) She knows Roxana would insist on taking care of Nariman.
(d) She knows Roxana did not have room to care for her father.
11. What is Jal upset with Coomy about after Roxana and Yezad leave?
(a) He says Coomy has ruined family relations.
(b) He was ashamed that the house wasn't clean for Roxana and Yezad.
(c) He wants Nariman to come home immediately.
(d) He thinks she has lied to her family.
12. What does Nariman encourage Roxana and Yezad to do to help their financial situation?
(a) Put him in a nursing home.
(b) Take him back to his own home where Coomy and Jal live.
(c) Ask Coomy and Jal to turn over his savings account.
(d) Sell their home and move into his old home with Coomy and Jal.
13. What reason does Coomy give for wanting to move her father to Roxana's apartment?
(a) She says Roxana has asked him to come and stay.
(b) She says he is always happier around Roxana's family.
(c) She says she wants what is best for him.
(d) She says Roxana is jealous of Coomy's relationship with her father.
14. Why is Jehangir's job as homework monitor in jeopardy?
(a) He has accepted too many bribes.
(b) He is getting too old for the job.
(c) His grades are not good enough for him to keep the job.
(d) He does not pay attention to what he is doing.
15. How long will Nariman have to care for his foot?
(a) Four months.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Four days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What responsibility does Murad take on himself at home that upsets Yezad?
2. What arrangements are made for Nariman at Roxana's?
3. Because of her many rules and constant crabbing, Nariman thinks Coomy is best suited for which of the following positions?
4. What does Jehangir propose to Murad on their way to school?
5. What does the Chenoy family argue about at supper after returning from Chateau Felicity with Nariman?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)