|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roxana wish to talk to Coomy about when she goes to Chateau Felicity?
(a) Nariman's diet.
(b) Nariman's will.
(c) Nariman's medicine.
(d) Nariman's health.
2. Why can Husain only work part time?
(a) He is a victim of earlier riots.
(b) He has another job.
(c) He is physically challenged.
(d) He goes to school.
3. What is the Chenoy family hoping to learn from Dr. Tarapore's visit?
(a) That he can completely remove Nariman's cast.
(b) That Nariman no longer needs continual care.
(c) That Nariman can move into his own place.
(d) That Nariman is well enough to go home.
4. What does Husain do when he is having a "good" day?
(a) He does odd jobs around the store.
(b) He helps Yezad.
(c) He orders supplies.
(d) He waits on customers.
5. Who is to play in the afternoon cricket match?
(a) Catholics and non-Catholics.
(b) Slaves and non-slaves.
(c) Catholics and Indians.
(d) Students and non-students.
6. How would Mr. Kapur's action affect Yezad?
(a) It would mean he could lose his job.
(b) It would mean he might have to work more hours.
(c) It would mean more responsibility and more money.
(d) It would give Yezad an opportunity to own his own store.
7. What are Roxana and Yezad most concerned about when it looks like Nariman will be staying with them for a while?
(a) Their finances.
(b) Coomy and Jal's indifference to their father.
(c) The fact that Nariman is not healing.
(d) The effect of Nariman's presence on their boys.
8. Who asks Nariman for his assistance while he is in the hospital?
(a) Dr. Tarapore and an orderly.
(b) Dr. Tarapore and Dr. Fitter.
(c) Mr Rangaragan and Dr. Tarapore.
(d) Mr. Rangarajan and an orderly.
9. Because of her many rules and constant crabbing, Nariman thinks Coomy is best suited for which of the following positions?
(a) A headmistress.
(b) A professor.
(c) A military officer.
(d) A nun.
10. What is Yezad's attitude toward religion?
(a) He is very devout in his faith.
(b) He tends to scoff at religious practices.
(c) He is searching for answers.
(d) He will attend church, but is not necessarily interested.
11. What responsibility does Murad take on himself at home that upsets Yezad?
(a) Winding the clock.
(b) Weeding the flowerbeds.
(c) Helping prepare supper.
(d) Setting the table.
12. Why is Jehangir's job as homework monitor in jeopardy?
(a) His grades are not good enough for him to keep the job.
(b) He does not pay attention to what he is doing.
(c) He has accepted too many bribes.
(d) He is getting too old for the job.
13. What is Coomy's first concern after getting rid of Nariman?
(a) Getting rid of the smells he left behind.
(b) Getting rid of any sign that Nariman ever lived with her.
(c) Making sure he has all he needs at Roxana's.
(d) Cleaning his room and readying it for his return.
14. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
(a) He is a friend of Yezad.
(b) He works in a bookstore.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) He writes letters for others.
15. Why does Vilas tell Yezad it is in his best interest to remain honest?
(a) He is bound by his Parsi heritage.
(b) Honesty is the best policy.
(c) Yezad has promised Vilas he will always be honest.
(d) It is always the right thing to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks and dreams?
2. What does Yezad give Villie for helping him with Matka?
3. What does Mr. Kapur do when he learns that Husain is unable to work?
4. When Roxana and her family arrive for dinner, what is Coomy's reaction?
5. What relation are Murad and Jehangir to Nariman?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)