|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the doctor treat Nariman's injury at the hospital?
(a) He puts a cast on Nariman's ankle.
(b) He bandages Nariman's ankle.
(c) He decides no treatment is necessary.
(d) He tells Nariman not to walk on that foot for a week.
2. Why is Jehangir's job as homework monitor in jeopardy?
(a) He does not pay attention to what he is doing.
(b) His grades are not good enough for him to keep the job.
(c) He has accepted too many bribes.
(d) He is getting too old for the job.
3. What does Jehangir propose to Murad on their way to school?
(a) That they sell their textbooks.
(b) That they trade their books for food.
(c) That they give their books to someone who needs them.
(d) That they sell their lunches.
4. What is the predominant mood of the dinner party?
(a) Everyone focuses on the chldren.
(b) There is a lot of laughter.
(c) No one talks to anyone else.
(d) There is a lot of bickering.
5. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
(a) They are loyal traditionalists.
(b) They are radical conservatives.
(c) They are ultra liberals.
(d) They have no political views.
6. What type of school do Murad and Jehangir attend?
(a) An English-style school.
(b) A private boys' school.
(c) A prep school.
(d) A public school.
7. Because of her many rules and constant crabbing, Nariman thinks Coomy is best suited for which of the following positions?
(a) A professor.
(b) A nun.
(c) A military officer.
(d) A headmistress.
8. What is Mr. Kapur passionate about collecting?
(a) Photographs of the mountains.
(b) Photographs of people.
(c) Photographs of the city.
(d) Photographs of animals.
9. What news about his intentions does Mr. Kapur share with Yezad as they get together after work?
(a) He is considering selling the store.
(b) He is considering running for the municipal council.
(c) He is considering buying another store.
(d) He is considering adding on the the store he has.
10. Who does Coomy initially ask for help when Nariman is brought home with an injured ankle?
(a) The men who brought him home.
(b) Their neighbor Dr. Fitter.
(c) She did not ask for help.
(d) Their regular doctor, Dr. Tarapore.
11. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
(a) He is talking to himself.
(b) He is complaining about his care.
(c) He is crying.
(d) He is talking to Roxana.
12. What is the Chenoy family hoping to learn from Dr. Tarapore's visit?
(a) That Nariman can move into his own place.
(b) That Nariman no longer needs continual care.
(c) That Nariman is well enough to go home.
(d) That he can completely remove Nariman's cast.
13. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
(a) They are his foster children.
(b) They are his grandchildren.
(c) They are his son and daughter.
(d) They are his stepchildren.
14. How does Yezad use the item he borrowed from his neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
(a) He uses it for his own bed.
(b) He makes Nariman sleep on it.
(c) He makes a tent on the balcony.
(d) He uses it to cover the windows.
15. How does Coomy answer Jal's concern about leaving their father with the Chenoy family?
(a) She says it was the best option.
(b) She says she regrets that it had to be done.
(c) She says they had no choice.
(d) She expresses concern for Nariman's well-being.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Roxana and Yezad most concerned about when it looks like Nariman will be staying with them for a while?
2. What offer does Roxana make when Coomy mentions moving their father to Roxana's?
3. What relation is Roxana to Jal and Coomy?
4. What do Coomy and Jal do at home to keep Nariman from coming back?
5. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)