|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
(a) Help Nariman find a place of his own.
(b) Invite Nariman to stay longer.
(c) Send Nariman back to Coomy and Jal.
(d) Yezad has no plans for Nariman.
2. What do Coomy and Jal do at home to keep Nariman from coming back?
(a) They set fire to Nariman's room.
(b) They leave on an extended vacation.
(c) They destroy the ceilings.
(d) They change the locks.
3. Who is to play in the afternoon cricket match?
(a) Students and non-students.
(b) Catholics and non-Catholics.
(c) Slaves and non-slaves.
(d) Catholics and Indians.
4. According to Coomy, who is supposed to inherit Chateau Felicity?
(c) Coomy and Jal.
(d) Roxana and Yezad.
5. What is Mr. Kapur passionate about collecting?
(a) Photographs of the mountains.
(b) Photographs of animals.
(c) Photographs of the city.
(d) Photographs of people.
6. What prompts Roxana to change her mind about taking her father in?
(a) Roxana really misses her father and wants him near.
(b) Coomy says Nariman is waiting outside in an ambulance.
(c) Coomy says Nariman is looking forward to being with Roxana's family.
(d) Roxana realizes all Coomy's reasons are good ones.
7. What does the Chenoy family argue about at supper after returning from Chateau Felicity with Nariman?
(a) Who will get to slice the meat.
(b) Who will get one of the few slices of bread.
(c) Who will get to sit next to Nariman.
(d) Who will get the last glass of milk.
8. When Coomy calls in Dr. Tarapore, what is his concern about Nariman?
(a) He thinks Nariman needs a change of scenery.
(b) He thinks Nariman is in danger of depression.
(c) He thinks Nariman is perfectly normal and tells Coomy not to worry.
(d) He thinks Nariman may be crazy.
9. What does Roxana wish to talk to Coomy about when she goes to Chateau Felicity?
(a) Nariman's diet.
(b) Nariman's medicine.
(c) Nariman's health.
(d) Nariman's will.
10. What responsibility does Murad take on himself at home that upsets Yezad?
(a) Weeding the flowerbeds.
(b) Helping prepare supper.
(c) Winding the clock.
(d) Setting the table.
11. What is Roxana's first action for Nariman after he arrives at her home?
(a) She gives him a good meal.
(b) She cleans his teeth.
(c) She gives him a sponge bath.
(d) She puts him to bed.
12. What happens the first time Nariman attempts to walk when he gets back to Roxana's?
(a) Nariman gives up once he puts his foot on the floor.
(b) His ankle breaks again.
(c) He stumbles, but manages to limp to the table.
(d) It goes very well.
13. What instrument does Roxana's neighbor play?
(a) The cello.
(b) The harp.
(c) The violin.
(d) The trumpet.
14. Why does Roxana stop Jehangir from explaining his book to Nariman?
(a) Jehangir is making too much noise.
(b) Nariman has fallen asleep.
(c) Nariman is not interested in what Jehangir reads.
(d) She needs Jehangir's help in the kitchen.
15. What is Jal upset with Coomy about after Roxana and Yezad leave?
(a) He was ashamed that the house wasn't clean for Roxana and Yezad.
(b) He wants Nariman to come home immediately.
(c) He says Coomy has ruined family relations.
(d) He thinks she has lied to her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Coomy request that Phoola Phoola clean her room first?
2. Why does Jehangir go to visit Villie Cardmaster?
3. What does Husain do when he is having a "bad" day?
4. What offer does Roxana make when Coomy mentions moving their father to Roxana's?
5. What is the Chenoy family hoping to learn from Dr. Tarapore's visit?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)