|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jehangir propose to Murad on their way to school?
(a) That they sell their lunches.
(b) That they give their books to someone who needs them.
(c) That they sell their textbooks.
(d) That they trade their books for food.
2. Why is Nariman not allowed to marry the woman he chose?
(a) She is a Goan.
(b) She is a Parsi.
(c) She is too old.
(d) She has two children.
3. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) About Bombay.
(c) The Chenoy and Vakeel families.
(d) Religious practices.
4. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
(a) He is talking to himself.
(b) He is complaining about his care.
(c) He is talking to Roxana.
(d) He is crying.
5. How does Coomy prepare for her father's return from the hospital?
(a) She hires a nurse to care for him.
(b) She buys a commode.
(c) She buys a bedpan and urinal.
(d) She makes a special place for him.
6. What does Nariman want Coomy to bring to the table as she prepares for his birthday dinner?
(a) The good china.
(b) His special plate.
(c) A picture of their mother.
(d) The everyday dishes.
7. What does Miss Alvarez think of the position of homework monitor?
(a) It illustrates good citizenship.
(b) It illustrates responsibility.
(c) It illustrates maturity.
(d) It illustrates honesty.
8. What does Nariman observe as Coomy and Jal move him to Roxana's apartment?
(a) It is hard for them to hide their sadness at his leaving.
(b) It is hard for them to hide their eagerness to be rid of him.
(c) They are both eager to see him comfortable and cared for.
(d) They are both looking forward to seeing Roxana again.
9. Why does Roxana stop Jehangir from explaining his book to Nariman?
(a) Nariman is not interested in what Jehangir reads.
(b) Jehangir is making too much noise.
(c) She needs Jehangir's help in the kitchen.
(d) Nariman has fallen asleep.
10. What do Coomy and Jal do at home to keep Nariman from coming back?
(a) They change the locks.
(b) They leave on an extended vacation.
(c) They set fire to Nariman's room.
(d) They destroy the ceilings.
11. How long does Roxana tell Yezad that Nariman will stay with them?
(a) Until he is well.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
12. What is the Chenoy family hoping to learn from Dr. Tarapore's visit?
(a) That Nariman is well enough to go home.
(b) That he can completely remove Nariman's cast.
(c) That Nariman no longer needs continual care.
(d) That Nariman can move into his own place.
13. What is Roxana's first action for Nariman after he arrives at her home?
(a) She gives him a good meal.
(b) She gives him a sponge bath.
(c) She puts him to bed.
(d) She cleans his teeth.
14. Why does Yezad not use Mr. Kapur's first name during work hours?
(a) Mr. Kapur's first name is too hard for Yezad to say.
(b) He thinks using his boss's first name is too informal.
(c) He cannot remember Mr. Kapur's first name.
(d) Because Mr. Kapur will not use Yezad's last name.
15. What does the x-ray of Nariman's ankle reveal?
(a) The ankle needs to be reset.
(b) The ankle is healing nicely.
(c) The ankle is only beginning to heal.
(d) The ankle is healing, but will not be strong enough to walk on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as the Chenoys wait at the bus stop?
2. How does Nariman deal with Coomy's ranting?
3. Which of the following seems most sensitive to Nariman's needs?
4. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
5. How does Nariman injure his ankle?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)