|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message does Mrs. Kapur have for Yezad when he meets her at the store?
(a) The store is closed and he must clear out his things.
(b) The store is closed, but he is needed to do inventory.
(c) She offers to sell the store to Yezad.
(d) Only Yezad can learn to run the store as Kapur did.
2. What is Jal's concern about leaving his father at Roxana's?
(a) He wonders how Yezad will react to having Narinam around.
(b) He wonders how it will affect family relationships.
(c) He thinks it is the best option they have.
(d) He wonders if Nariman will resent Jal and Coomy for moving him.
3. What does Nariman offer to do to help Jehangir?
(a) To help with homework.
(b) To help him clean the kitchen.
(c) To help fix a meal.
(d) To help him make the beds.
4. Why can Husain only work part time?
(a) He has another job.
(b) He is physically challenged.
(c) He goes to school.
(d) He is a victim of earlier riots.
5. How does Mrs. Kapur act when Yezad asks about his Christmas present from Mr. Kapur?
(a) She says Yezad must have been mistaken about Kapur's intention.
(b) She says he would never give such a valuable gift.
(c) She says if Yezad can find it he can have it.
(d) She says Yezad is fortunate to have had such a good boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
2. What does Coomy use to clean Nariman's teeth?
3. Which of the following best describes the home Roxana and her family live in?
4. How much extra money does Roxana find in the budget envelopes?
5. What is Nariman's occupation?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)