|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Nariman's dream about a time when Lucy worked for another family in his building, what is Lucy doing?
(a) Singing and threatening to jump.
(b) Crying and complaining about the heavy work load.
(c) Crying and threatening to quit.
(d) Singing as she cleans the apartment.
2. How does Edul's wife describe Nariman's home?
(a) The house of uncertainty.
(b) The house of unhappiness.
(c) The house of happiness.
(d) The house of much sadness.
3. Why does Jehangir go to visit Villie Cardmaster?
(a) To bet on Matka.
(b) To ask for food.
(c) To ask for work.
(d) To learn more about his homeland.
4. What gift does Kapur give Yezad?
(a) A bonus for coming in on the holiday.
(b) A lecture for leaving his family on Christmas.
(c) An extra Santa suit.
(d) Photos of the neighborhood where Yezad grew up.
5. How long will Nariman have to care for his foot?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Four months.
(d) Four days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Coomy and Jal do at home to keep Nariman from coming back?
2. What does the x-ray of Nariman's ankle reveal?
3. What does the Chenoy family argue about at supper after returning from Chateau Felicity with Nariman?
4. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
5. What request does Nariman make of Daisy after she first plays her violin for him?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)