|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yezad go to the store where he works on Christmas day?
(a) To return a tool he had borrowed.
(b) To work overtime on the holiday.
(c) To help Kapur play Santa.
(d) To return the money he took.
2. What service does Jehangir provide for Nariman?
(a) He helps Nariman eat.
(b) He helps Nariman find a place to lie down.
(c) He reads the paper to Nariman.
(d) He combs Nariman's hair.
3. What good news does Yezad have when he comes home from work?
(a) He got a raise.
(b) The elevator is working.
(c) Kapur is selling the store.
(d) Nariman is going home.
4. Who does Coomy initially ask for help when Nariman is brought home with an injured ankle?
(a) She did not ask for help.
(b) Their regular doctor, Dr. Tarapore.
(c) Their neighbor Dr. Fitter.
(d) The men who brought him home.
5. What does Miss Alvarez think of the position of homework monitor?
(a) It illustrates maturity.
(b) It illustrates responsibility.
(c) It illustrates good citizenship.
(d) It illustrates honesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Nariman's family arrange for him to marry?
2. What message does Mrs. Kapur have for Yezad when he meets her at the store?
3. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
4. What is Mr. Kapur's wife's view of public service?
5. What argument does Coomy use to leave Nariman at Roxana's house a while longer?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)