|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Roxana's neighbor play?
(a) The cello.
(b) The violin.
(c) The trumpet.
(d) The harp.
2. Why does Coomy get angry during the discussion about the cost of caring for Nariman?
(a) She loves Nariman and doesn't want to lose him.
(b) She thinks Roxana is accusing her of stealing.
(c) She says she is doing the best she can.
(d) She thinks Roxana is too critical of her.
3. What does Nariman have when he returns from his walk on the evening of his birthday?
(a) He has a limp and abrasions on his elbow and forearm.
(b) He has a broken arm.
(c) He has a new cane.
(d) He has a black eye.
4. How do the children react to Kapur?
(a) Most are eager to sit on Santa's lap.
(b) Most are afraid of the Santa suit.
(c) Most are afraid of the Santa suit.
(d) Most jus want the candy Santa has to offer.
5. What prompts Roxana to change her mind about taking her father in?
(a) Roxana really misses her father and wants him near.
(b) Coomy says Nariman is waiting outside in an ambulance.
(c) Coomy says Nariman is looking forward to being with Roxana's family.
(d) Roxana realizes all Coomy's reasons are good ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jehangir's parents react to being called to school on his behalf?
2. How does Edul's wife describe Nariman's home?
3. In a flashback, Nariman recalls a person who makes him happy. Who is it?
4. How does Mrs. Kapur act when Yezad asks about his Christmas present from Mr. Kapur?
5. Why does Phoola Phoola quit?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)