|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the predominant mood of the dinner party?
(a) No one talks to anyone else.
(b) Everyone focuses on the chldren.
(c) There is a lot of bickering.
(d) There is a lot of laughter.
2. How long does Nariman stay in the hospital?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two hours.
3. What does Jal find when he goes to visit Nariman at Pleasant Villa?
(a) Daisy is giving Nariman music lessons.
(b) Daisy is playing her violin for Nariman.
(c) Daisy is taking care of Nariman.
(d) Daisy has moved in with Roxana and Yezad.
4. What does Husain do when he is having a "bad" day?
(a) He follows Yezad around and mutters.
(b) He cowers in the storeroom.
(c) He does not show up for work.
(d) He sits in a corner and cries.
5. What message does Mrs. Kapur have for Yezad when he meets her at the store?
(a) The store is closed and he must clear out his things.
(b) She offers to sell the store to Yezad.
(c) Only Yezad can learn to run the store as Kapur did.
(d) The store is closed, but he is needed to do inventory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed about Yezad's background in Chapter 2?
2. When Coomy calls in Dr. Tarapore, what is his concern about Nariman?
3. Who goes to help Nariman when he asks for the urinal?
4. What does Nariman encourage Roxana and Yezad to do to help their financial situation?
5. What two things bring Yezad comfort as the story nears its end?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)