|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Husain do when he is having a "bad" day?
(a) He does not show up for work.
(b) He sits in a corner and cries.
(c) He cowers in the storeroom.
(d) He follows Yezad around and mutters.
2. What is Kapur's reaction when Yezad asks for an advance?
(a) He does not bother to answer Yezad.
(b) He tells Yezad he will have to work for it.
(c) He tells Yezad that if he gets an advance he will have to accept more responsibility.
(d) He grants the advance without question.
3. What arrangements are made for Nariman at Roxana's?
(a) He is put in Jehangir's bed.
(b) He is put in a bed on the balcony.
(c) He is given a cot of his own.
(d) He must share a bed with one of the boys.
4. At the beginning of the story, Nariman is preparing to celebrate which birthday?
(a) His eightieth.
(b) His seventy-ninth.
(c) His seventy-seventh.
(d) His seventy-eighth.
5. What does Jehangir have to do after putting old and wrinkled money in the budget envelopes?
(a) Ask his mother to double check the envelopes.
(b) Carefully seal the envelopes.
(c) Wash his hands.
(d) He is not required to do anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Coomy and Jal do at home to keep Nariman from coming back?
2. How does the cleaning woman awaken Coomy?
3. Why does Kapur not respond to Yezad's request about his new responsibilities?
4. How does Roxana react when Yezad tells her he has lost all their money?
5. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)