|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
(a) He is living less and less in the present world.
(b) He is becoming more alert.
(c) He is becoming more aware of his mortality.
(d) He is becoming more loving.
2. What does Coomy use to clean Nariman's teeth?
(b) Laundry detergent.
(c) Toilet bowl cleaner.
(d) Dishwashing liquid.
3. Why does Yezad not use Mr. Kapur's first name during work hours?
(a) Mr. Kapur's first name is too hard for Yezad to say.
(b) Because Mr. Kapur will not use Yezad's last name.
(c) He cannot remember Mr. Kapur's first name.
(d) He thinks using his boss's first name is too informal.
4. Who is to play in the afternoon cricket match?
(a) Students and non-students.
(b) Catholics and non-Catholics.
(c) Slaves and non-slaves.
(d) Catholics and Indians.
5. What reason does Coomy give to convince Roxana to let her father move in?
(a) She says it is only fair that they share responsibility.
(b) She says Jal cannot take it any longer.
(c) She says Nariman likes Roxana better.
(d) She says it will help avoid depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Alvarez think of the position of homework monitor?
2. What was Dr. Tarapore's decision concerning Nariman?
3. Who goes to help Nariman when he asks for the urinal?
4. How are Murad and Jehangir instructed to act when they arrive at Nariman's home?
5. What does Yezad tell Kapur happened while Kapur was out getting his blood pressure checked?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)