|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children react to Kapur?
(a) Most are eager to sit on Santa's lap.
(b) Most jus want the candy Santa has to offer.
(c) Most are afraid of the Santa suit.
(d) Most are afraid of the Santa suit.
2. How does the doctor treat Nariman's injury at the hospital?
(a) He puts a cast on Nariman's ankle.
(b) He decides no treatment is necessary.
(c) He bandages Nariman's ankle.
(d) He tells Nariman not to walk on that foot for a week.
3. At the beginning of the story, Nariman is preparing to celebrate which birthday?
(a) His seventy-eighth.
(b) His seventy-ninth.
(c) His seventy-seventh.
(d) His eightieth.
4. What does Husain do when he is having a "bad" day?
(a) He cowers in the storeroom.
(b) He follows Yezad around and mutters.
(c) He sits in a corner and cries.
(d) He does not show up for work.
5. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Roxana to change her mind about taking her father in?
2. How would Mr. Kapur's action affect Yezad?
3. What opportunity does one of the customers present to Yezad?
4. What happens as the Chenoys wait at the bus stop?
5. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)