|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jal's concern about leaving his father at Roxana's?
(a) He wonders how Yezad will react to having Narinam around.
(b) He wonders if Nariman will resent Jal and Coomy for moving him.
(c) He thinks it is the best option they have.
(d) He wonders how it will affect family relationships.
2. Why does Yezad not use Mr. Kapur's first name during work hours?
(a) Because Mr. Kapur will not use Yezad's last name.
(b) Mr. Kapur's first name is too hard for Yezad to say.
(c) He cannot remember Mr. Kapur's first name.
(d) He thinks using his boss's first name is too informal.
3. What is Yezad's excuse for not helping Nariman with his urinal?
(a) He thinks Nariman is too needy.
(b) He cannot stand to be around Nariman.
(c) Yezad promised himself that he would never touch the bedpan or urinal.
(d) He considers helping Nariman to be Roxana's job.
4. How long does Roxana tell Yezad that Nariman will stay with them?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Until he is well.
(d) Three months.
5. What request does Nariman make of Daisy after she first plays her violin for him?
(a) That she play her violin to wake him up.
(b) That she play his favorite song over and over.
(c) That she play her violin as he lies dying.
(d) That she play her violin as he goes to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Coomy prepare for her father's return from the hospital?
2. According to Coomy, who is supposed to inherit Chateau Felicity?
3. Why does Coomy get angry during the discussion about the cost of caring for Nariman?
4. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
5. What excuse does Kapur give for not running for municipal office?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)