|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
(a) There are too many Christmas decorations.
(b) Kapur has given him too much responsibility.
(c) He cannot get Nariman out of his house.
(d) He has lost a chance at promotion.
2. What prompts Roxana to change her mind about taking her father in?
(a) Roxana realizes all Coomy's reasons are good ones.
(b) Coomy says Nariman is waiting outside in an ambulance.
(c) Roxana really misses her father and wants him near.
(d) Coomy says Nariman is looking forward to being with Roxana's family.
3. How does Yezad get to work?
(a) By car.
(b) By train.
(c) By bus.
(d) By foot.
4. How does Edul's wife describe Nariman's home?
(a) The house of happiness.
(b) The house of unhappiness.
(c) The house of much sadness.
(d) The house of uncertainty.
5. Why does Vilas tell Yezad it is in his best interest to remain honest?
(a) Yezad has promised Vilas he will always be honest.
(b) Honesty is the best policy.
(c) He is bound by his Parsi heritage.
(d) It is always the right thing to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jal tell Roxana and Yezad would happen if he had his way about things?
2. Why does Roxana stop Jehangir from explaining his book to Nariman?
3. How are Murad and Jehangir instructed to act when they arrive at Nariman's home?
4. In Nariman's dream about a time when Lucy worked for another family in his building, what is Lucy doing?
5. What does Nariman have when he returns from his walk on the evening of his birthday?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)