|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nariman help Jehangir go back to sleep when Jehangir is restless?
(a) He sings Jehangir a lullaby.
(b) He tells Jehangir to pray quietly.
(c) He tells Jehangir to hold Nariman's hand.
(d) He tells Jehangir a story.
2. What does Nariman want Coomy to bring to the table as she prepares for his birthday dinner?
(a) A picture of their mother.
(b) His special plate.
(c) The good china.
(d) The everyday dishes.
3. When Coomy calls in Dr. Tarapore, what is his concern about Nariman?
(a) He thinks Nariman is in danger of depression.
(b) He thinks Nariman needs a change of scenery.
(c) He thinks Nariman may be crazy.
(d) He thinks Nariman is perfectly normal and tells Coomy not to worry.
4. What is Kapur's reaction when Yezad asks for an advance?
(a) He grants the advance without question.
(b) He tells Yezad he will have to work for it.
(c) He does not bother to answer Yezad.
(d) He tells Yezad that if he gets an advance he will have to accept more responsibility.
5. What is Matka?
(a) An Indian numbers game.
(b) An Indian dice game.
(c) An Indian racing event.
(d) An Indian card game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
2. What does Coomy confess to Jal about caring for their father?
3. What reason does Coomy give Nariman for not telling Roxana and Yezad about his accident?
4. What is Yezad's attitude toward religion?
5. What opportunity does one of the customers present to Yezad?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)