|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Coomy intend to let Nariman come home?
(a) In three weeks.
(b) When she returns from vacation.
(d) When he can care for himself.
2. What is Yezad's attitude toward religion?
(a) He will attend church, but is not necessarily interested.
(b) He is very devout in his faith.
(c) He tends to scoff at religious practices.
(d) He is searching for answers.
3. What is Kapur's reaction when Yezad asks for an advance?
(a) He tells Yezad that if he gets an advance he will have to accept more responsibility.
(b) He tells Yezad he will have to work for it.
(c) He does not bother to answer Yezad.
(d) He grants the advance without question.
4. How do the children react to Kapur?
(a) Most are afraid of the Santa suit.
(b) Most jus want the candy Santa has to offer.
(c) Most are afraid of the Santa suit.
(d) Most are eager to sit on Santa's lap.
5. What arrangements are made for Nariman at Roxana's?
(a) He is given a cot of his own.
(b) He is put in a bed on the balcony.
(c) He is put in Jehangir's bed.
(d) He must share a bed with one of the boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Matka?
2. Why does Vilas tell Yezad it is in his best interest to remain honest?
3. What is Jal upset with Coomy about after Roxana and Yezad leave?
4. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
5. What does Miss Alvarez think of the position of homework monitor?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)