|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nariman not allowed to marry the woman he chose?
(a) She is a Parsi.
(b) She is too old.
(c) She has two children.
(d) She is a Goan.
2. What happens as the Chenoys wait at the bus stop?
(a) They are accosted by a pair of drunks.
(b) Yezad is beaten and robbed.
(c) Roxana is abducted.
(d) Murad and Jehangir get in a fight.
3. What does Roxana wish to talk to Coomy about when she goes to Chateau Felicity?
(a) Nariman's health.
(b) Nariman's medicine.
(c) Nariman's diet.
(d) Nariman's will.
4. What relation are Murad and Jehangir to Nariman?
(a) They are his stepchildren.
(b) They are his son and daughter.
(c) They are his grandchildren.
(d) They are his foster children.
5. Why does Yezad not use Mr. Kapur's first name during work hours?
(a) He cannot remember Mr. Kapur's first name.
(b) Mr. Kapur's first name is too hard for Yezad to say.
(c) Because Mr. Kapur will not use Yezad's last name.
(d) He thinks using his boss's first name is too informal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nariman have when he returns from his walk on the evening of his birthday?
2. When does the author indicate that Nariman will be able to move about and take care of himself?
3. What is the predominant mood of the dinner party?
4. What prompts Roxana to change her mind about taking her father in?
5. What reason does Coomy give Nariman for not telling Roxana and Yezad about his accident?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)