|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yezad use the item he borrowed from his neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
(a) He makes a tent on the balcony.
(b) He uses it for his own bed.
(c) He makes Nariman sleep on it.
(d) He uses it to cover the windows.
2. How does the cleaning woman awaken Coomy?
(a) By ringing the doorbell.
(b) By making too much noise.
(c) By knocking on the door.
(d) By coming into the room.
3. How long does Nariman stay in the hospital?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
4. What is Roxana's first action for Nariman after he arrives at her home?
(a) She cleans his teeth.
(b) She gives him a sponge bath.
(c) She puts him to bed.
(d) She gives him a good meal.
5. Who did Nariman's family arrange for him to marry?
(c) An unnamed woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nariman want Coomy to bring to the table as she prepares for his birthday dinner?
2. What are Roxana and Yezad most concerned about when it looks like Nariman will be staying with them for a while?
3. What is Roxana's advice to Jehangir about writing a book?
4. How does Jal explain the constant hammering that Yezad asks about?
5. What does Nariman have when he returns from his walk on the evening of his birthday?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)