|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nariman's occupation?
(a) He is a retired professor.
(b) He is a part-time teacher.
(c) He is an active professor.
(d) He is a retired musician.
2. What is Roxana's first action for Nariman after he arrives at her home?
(a) She gives him a good meal.
(b) She gives him a sponge bath.
(c) She cleans his teeth.
(d) She puts him to bed.
3. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
(a) He is becoming more loving.
(b) He is becoming more alert.
(c) He is living less and less in the present world.
(d) He is becoming more aware of his mortality.
4. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
(a) They are his stepchildren.
(b) They are his foster children.
(c) They are his son and daughter.
(d) They are his grandchildren.
5. How does Yezad use the item he borrowed from his neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
(a) He makes Nariman sleep on it.
(b) He uses it for his own bed.
(c) He uses it to cover the windows.
(d) He makes a tent on the balcony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the home Roxana and her family live in?
2. When Coomy calls in Dr. Tarapore, what is his concern about Nariman?
3. What are Roxana and Yezad most concerned about when it looks like Nariman will be staying with them for a while?
4. How does Nariman injure his ankle?
5. What does Coomy confess to Jal about caring for their father?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)