|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jal upset with Coomy about after Roxana and Yezad leave?
(a) He wants Nariman to come home immediately.
(b) He thinks she has lied to her family.
(c) He was ashamed that the house wasn't clean for Roxana and Yezad.
(d) He says Coomy has ruined family relations.
2. How does Jal explain the constant hammering that Yezad asks about?
(a) He says it is the neighbor's children playing.
(b) He says it is their crazy neighbor.
(c) He says their neighbor is a carpenter.
(d) He says it is the apartment manager.
3. What is the predominant mood of the dinner party?
(a) There is a lot of bickering.
(b) Everyone focuses on the chldren.
(c) There is a lot of laughter.
(d) No one talks to anyone else.
4. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
(a) They are ultra liberals.
(b) They are radical conservatives.
(c) They are loyal traditionalists.
(d) They have no political views.
5. Why does Coomy get angry during the discussion about the cost of caring for Nariman?
(a) She thinks Roxana is too critical of her.
(b) She loves Nariman and doesn't want to lose him.
(c) She thinks Roxana is accusing her of stealing.
(d) She says she is doing the best she can.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the author indicate that Nariman will be able to move about and take care of himself?
2. Why do Vilas' friends urge Yezad to stay away from Matka?
3. What is Roxana's first action for Nariman after he arrives at her home?
4. Why is Nariman not allowed to marry the woman he chose?
5. What does the Chenoy family argue about at supper after returning from Chateau Felicity with Nariman?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)