|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nariman exhibits symptoms of the early stages of what disease?
2. How does Coomy prepare for her father's return from the hospital?
(a) She buys a commode.
(b) She buys a bedpan and urinal.
(c) She hires a nurse to care for him.
(d) She makes a special place for him.
3. Why do Vilas' friends urge Yezad to stay away from Matka?
(a) It supports the black market.
(b) Its profits benefit Shiv Sena.
(c) Matka is illegal.
(d) Yezad's religion forbids Matka.
4. What is Roxana's advice to Jehangir about writing a book?
(a) He should only write nice things.
(b) He should not write about his own family.
(c) He should only write the truth.
(d) He should be careful not to hurt anyone's feelings.
5. A few days after Nariman's return home, Dr. Tarapore is asked to do another x-ray. What does this one show?
(a) Several old breaks.
(b) A perfectly healed ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yezad give Villie for helping him with Matka?
2. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
3. Why does Coomy get angry during the discussion about the cost of caring for Nariman?
4. What is Coomy's first concern after getting rid of Nariman?
5. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)