|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coomy confess to Jal about caring for their father?
(a) She says she hates the work of caring for him.
(b) She says she knows Nariman likes Roxana better.
(c) She says wishes they had a better relationship.
(d) She says she hates that he is dependent upon them.
2. Because of her many rules and constant crabbing, Nariman thinks Coomy is best suited for which of the following positions?
(a) A headmistress.
(b) A professor.
(c) A nun.
(d) A military officer.
3. What is Jal upset with Coomy about after Roxana and Yezad leave?
(a) He wants Nariman to come home immediately.
(b) He says Coomy has ruined family relations.
(c) He thinks she has lied to her family.
(d) He was ashamed that the house wasn't clean for Roxana and Yezad.
4. Why does Coomy request that Phoola Phoola clean her room first?
(a) So she can watch to see that it is done correctly.
(b) So she can spend time with her father.
(c) So she can go back to bed.
(d) Because it was not cleaned the last time.
5. When does the author indicate that Nariman will be able to move about and take care of himself?
(b) It depends on the exercises he does.
(c) It is hard to tell from the story.
(d) About three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roxana's advice to Jehangir about writing a book?
2. Which of the following is most true about Coomy?
3. Who asks Nariman for his assistance while he is in the hospital?
4. What does Yezad borrow from their neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
5. What does Mr. Kapur do when he learns that Husain is unable to work?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)