|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Husain do when he is having a "bad" day?
(a) He does not show up for work.
(b) He sits in a corner and cries.
(c) He cowers in the storeroom.
(d) He follows Yezad around and mutters.
2. How does Yezad use the item he borrowed from his neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
(a) He makes Nariman sleep on it.
(b) He uses it for his own bed.
(c) He makes a tent on the balcony.
(d) He uses it to cover the windows.
3. What reason does Coomy give Nariman for not telling Roxana and Yezad about his accident?
(a) She had asked Jal to do it, but he would not.
(b) She does not think it was necessary.
(c) She is not able to locate them.
(d) She does not want to worry them.
4. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
(a) They are radical conservatives.
(b) They have no political views.
(c) They are ultra liberals.
(d) They are loyal traditionalists.
5. When does Coomy intend to let Nariman come home?
(a) When she returns from vacation.
(b) In three weeks.
(c) When he can care for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Nariman's family arrange for him to marry?
2. What reason does Coomy give for wanting to move her father to Roxana's apartment?
3. Which of the following best describes the home Roxana and her family live in?
4. What is Matka?
5. What do Coomy and Jal do at home to keep Nariman from coming back?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)