|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Nariman stay in the hospital?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two hours.
2. Why does Roxana stop Jehangir from explaining his book to Nariman?
(a) She needs Jehangir's help in the kitchen.
(b) Jehangir is making too much noise.
(c) Nariman has fallen asleep.
(d) Nariman is not interested in what Jehangir reads.
3. What does Nariman observe as Coomy and Jal move him to Roxana's apartment?
(a) It is hard for them to hide their eagerness to be rid of him.
(b) It is hard for them to hide their sadness at his leaving.
(c) They are both looking forward to seeing Roxana again.
(d) They are both eager to see him comfortable and cared for.
4. What is the subject of the argument between Roxana and Coomy?
(a) Jehangir's behavior.
(c) Murad's behavior.
5. What does Roxana wish to talk to Coomy about when she goes to Chateau Felicity?
(a) Nariman's diet.
(b) Nariman's health.
(c) Nariman's will.
(d) Nariman's medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Tarapore's impending visit affect Nariman?
2. A few days after Nariman's return home, Dr. Tarapore is asked to do another x-ray. What does this one show?
3. How does Coomy answer Jal's concern about leaving their father with the Chenoy family?
4. Why does Coomy get angry during the discussion about the cost of caring for Nariman?
5. In a flashback, Nariman recalls a person who makes him happy. Who is it?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)