|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Roxana and Yezad most concerned about when it looks like Nariman will be staying with them for a while?
(a) The effect of Nariman's presence on their boys.
(b) The fact that Nariman is not healing.
(c) Coomy and Jal's indifference to their father.
(d) Their finances.
2. What argument does Coomy use to leave Nariman at Roxana's house a while longer?
(a) She and Jal are going on vacation.
(b) Nariman is much happier at Roxana's.
(c) She and Jal do not have time for Nariman.
(d) His hospital visit would mean more ambulance rides.
3. Why does Coomy request that Phoola Phoola clean her room first?
(a) So she can watch to see that it is done correctly.
(b) So she can spend time with her father.
(c) Because it was not cleaned the last time.
(d) So she can go back to bed.
4. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
(a) He is a friend of Yezad.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) He works in a bookstore.
(d) He writes letters for others.
5. Who did Nariman's family arrange for him to marry?
(d) An unnamed woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Coomy intend to let Nariman come home?
2. Which of the following seems most sensitive to Nariman's needs?
3. What is Nariman's response about moving to Roxana's?
4. What excuse does Coomy give for not having told Roxana about the accident?
5. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)