|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the first time Nariman attempts to walk when he gets back to Roxana's?
(a) Nariman gives up once he puts his foot on the floor.
(b) He stumbles, but manages to limp to the table.
(c) His ankle breaks again.
(d) It goes very well.
2. What is Coomy's first concern after getting rid of Nariman?
(a) Getting rid of any sign that Nariman ever lived with her.
(b) Cleaning his room and readying it for his return.
(c) Making sure he has all he needs at Roxana's.
(d) Getting rid of the smells he left behind.
3. What arrangements are made for Nariman at Roxana's?
(a) He is given a cot of his own.
(b) He must share a bed with one of the boys.
(c) He is put in Jehangir's bed.
(d) He is put in a bed on the balcony.
4. What does Coomy use to clean Nariman's teeth?
(a) Dishwashing liquid.
(b) Toilet bowl cleaner.
(c) Laundry detergent.
5. Who does Coomy initially ask for help when Nariman is brought home with an injured ankle?
(a) The men who brought him home.
(b) She did not ask for help.
(c) Their neighbor Dr. Fitter.
(d) Their regular doctor, Dr. Tarapore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
2. Which of the following best describes the home Roxana and her family live in?
3. At the beginning of the story, Nariman is preparing to celebrate which birthday?
4. When does Coomy intend to let Nariman come home?
5. When Coomy calls in Dr. Tarapore, what is his concern about Nariman?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)