|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Coomy's first concern after getting rid of Nariman?
(a) Getting rid of the smells he left behind.
(b) Getting rid of any sign that Nariman ever lived with her.
(c) Making sure he has all he needs at Roxana's.
(d) Cleaning his room and readying it for his return.
2. A few days after Nariman's return home, Dr. Tarapore is asked to do another x-ray. What does this one show?
(a) A perfectly healed ankle.
(b) Several old breaks.
3. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
(a) They are his stepchildren.
(b) They are his grandchildren.
(c) They are his foster children.
(d) They are his son and daughter.
4. What argument does Coomy use to leave Nariman at Roxana's house a while longer?
(a) His hospital visit would mean more ambulance rides.
(b) Nariman is much happier at Roxana's.
(c) She and Jal do not have time for Nariman.
(d) She and Jal are going on vacation.
5. What reason does Coomy give for wanting to move her father to Roxana's apartment?
(a) She says Roxana is jealous of Coomy's relationship with her father.
(b) She says Roxana has asked him to come and stay.
(c) She says he is always happier around Roxana's family.
(d) She says she wants what is best for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What service does Jehangir provide for Nariman?
2. Who is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks and dreams?
3. What is Nariman's occupation?
4. Which of the following seems most sensitive to Nariman's needs?
5. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)