|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is most true about Coomy?
(a) Coomy genuinely cares for others.
(b) Coomy pretends she cares for others.
(c) Coomy pretends she doesn't mind cleaning up after her father.
(d) Coomy is a cheerful and considerate person.
2. Nariman exhibits symptoms of the early stages of what disease?
3. Why does Phoola Phoola quit?
(a) Coomy is too mean to her.
(b) Nariman has had a bowel movement in his bed.
(c) Nariman is too mean to her.
(d) The whole apartment is too filthy to clean.
4. How does Coomy hope to combat the smell of Nariman's bowel movements?
(a) She opens all the windows.
(b) She makes him go outside.
(c) She holds her nose.
(d) She turns on his ceiling fan.
5. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
2. Who is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks and dreams?
3. What happens as the Chenoys wait at the bus stop?
4. Why is Nariman not allowed to marry the woman he chose?
5. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)