|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nariman have when he returns from his walk on the evening of his birthday?
(a) He has a black eye.
(b) He has a new cane.
(c) He has a broken arm.
(d) He has a limp and abrasions on his elbow and forearm.
2. What are Roxana and Yezad most concerned about when it looks like Nariman will be staying with them for a while?
(a) The fact that Nariman is not healing.
(b) Coomy and Jal's indifference to their father.
(c) The effect of Nariman's presence on their boys.
(d) Their finances.
3. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
(a) He is crying.
(b) He is talking to Roxana.
(c) He is talking to himself.
(d) He is complaining about his care.
4. What does Husain do when he is having a "good" day?
(a) He does odd jobs around the store.
(b) He helps Yezad.
(c) He waits on customers.
(d) He orders supplies.
5. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) He is a friend of Yezad.
(c) He works in a bookstore.
(d) He writes letters for others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Roxana to change her mind about taking her father in?
2. How would Mr. Kapur's action affect Yezad?
3. What happens the first time Nariman attempts to walk when he gets back to Roxana's?
4. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
5. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)