|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nariman deal with Coomy's ranting?
(a) He is quietly sarcastic.
(b) He is meekly obedient.
(c) He yells back at her.
(d) He ignores her.
2. What opportunity does one of the customers present to Yezad?
(a) To receive protection from the rioters.
(b) To leave his job and take a better one.
(c) To pad the bill and make extra money.
(d) To receive an extra shipment without paying for it.
3. What is Nariman's response about moving to Roxana's?
(a) He wants to ask her himself.
(b) He does not want to leave the comfort of his own room.
(c) He will agree if it is okay with her.
(d) He is happy and excited about the move.
4. Why does Phoola Phoola quit?
(a) Nariman is too mean to her.
(b) Nariman has had a bowel movement in his bed.
(c) Coomy is too mean to her.
(d) The whole apartment is too filthy to clean.
5. What instrument does Roxana's neighbor play?
(a) The harp.
(b) The trumpet.
(c) The cello.
(d) The violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
2. What does Husain do when he is having a "good" day?
3. What does Coomy confess to Jal about caring for their father?
4. When does Coomy intend to let Nariman come home?
5. How does Dr. Tarapore's impending visit affect Nariman?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)