|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opportunity does one of the customers present to Yezad?
(a) To receive protection from the rioters.
(b) To receive an extra shipment without paying for it.
(c) To pad the bill and make extra money.
(d) To leave his job and take a better one.
2. What is Yezad's attitude toward religion?
(a) He is searching for answers.
(b) He tends to scoff at religious practices.
(c) He is very devout in his faith.
(d) He will attend church, but is not necessarily interested.
3. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
4. What argument does Coomy use to leave Nariman at Roxana's house a while longer?
(a) She and Jal do not have time for Nariman.
(b) Nariman is much happier at Roxana's.
(c) She and Jal are going on vacation.
(d) His hospital visit would mean more ambulance rides.
5. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
(a) He works in a bookstore.
(b) He is a friend of Yezad.
(c) He writes letters for others.
(d) He is unemployed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yezad get to work?
2. How does Nariman deal with Coomy's ranting?
3. Who asks Nariman for his assistance while he is in the hospital?
4. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
5. What does Coomy confess to Jal about caring for their father?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)