|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
2. Who does Coomy initially ask for help when Nariman is brought home with an injured ankle?
(a) Their regular doctor, Dr. Tarapore.
(b) Their neighbor Dr. Fitter.
(c) She did not ask for help.
(d) The men who brought him home.
3. How does Coomy answer Jal's concern about leaving their father with the Chenoy family?
(a) She says she regrets that it had to be done.
(b) She says they had no choice.
(c) She expresses concern for Nariman's well-being.
(d) She says it was the best option.
4. What does Nariman encourage Roxana and Yezad to do to help their financial situation?
(a) Ask Coomy and Jal to turn over his savings account.
(b) Take him back to his own home where Coomy and Jal live.
(c) Sell their home and move into his old home with Coomy and Jal.
(d) Put him in a nursing home.
5. When does the author indicate that Nariman will be able to move about and take care of himself?
(a) It depends on the exercises he does.
(b) About three weeks.
(d) It is hard to tell from the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coomy use to clean Nariman's teeth?
2. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
3. In a flashback, Nariman recalls a person who makes him happy. Who is it?
4. What argument does Coomy use to leave Nariman at Roxana's house a while longer?
5. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)