|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nariman want Coomy to bring to the table as she prepares for his birthday dinner?
(a) His special plate.
(b) A picture of their mother.
(c) The good china.
(d) The everyday dishes.
2. What type of school do Murad and Jehangir attend?
(a) A prep school.
(b) A public school.
(c) A private boys' school.
(d) An English-style school.
3. What service does Jehangir provide for Nariman?
(a) He helps Nariman find a place to lie down.
(b) He combs Nariman's hair.
(c) He reads the paper to Nariman.
(d) He helps Nariman eat.
4. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
(a) He apologizes for being a burden.
(b) He tells her he can't wait to get inside with her family.
(c) He tells her it was not his idea to come to her home.
(d) He tells her how good Coomy has been to him.
5. What are Roxana and Yezad most concerned about when it looks like Nariman will be staying with them for a while?
(a) The effect of Nariman's presence on their boys.
(b) Their finances.
(c) Coomy and Jal's indifference to their father.
(d) The fact that Nariman is not healing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Coomy give to convince Roxana to let her father move in?
2. What is Yezad's reaction to the customer's offer?
3. What does Mr. Kapur do when he learns that Husain is unable to work?
4. What is Coomy's first concern after getting rid of Nariman?
5. Which of the following seems most sensitive to Nariman's needs?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)