|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yezad borrow from their neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
(a) An extra sheet.
(b) An old blanket.
(c) An extra bed.
(d) An old tablecloth.
2. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
(a) He writes letters for others.
(b) He is a friend of Yezad.
(c) He works in a bookstore.
(d) He is unemployed.
3. What does Mr. Kapur do when he learns that Husain is unable to work?
(a) He comforts him.
(b) He fires him.
(c) He sends him home.
(d) He insists that Husain try to work.
4. When Roxana and her family arrive for dinner, what is Coomy's reaction?
(a) She grumbles that they are always late.
(b) She grumbles that they are always on time.
(c) She grumbles that they never bring anything.
(d) She grumbles that they are always early.
5. What is revealed about Yezad's background in Chapter 2?
(a) That he wishes he could do more for his country.
(b) That he had attempted to emigrate to Canada.
(c) That he was previously married and has other children.
(d) That he is very happy with his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roxana's first action for Nariman after he arrives at her home?
2. What does the x-ray of Nariman's ankle reveal?
3. What is Nariman's response about moving to Roxana's?
4. What is Coomy's first concern after getting rid of Nariman?
5. How does Nariman injure his ankle?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)