|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
(a) They are his foster children.
(b) They are his grandchildren.
(c) They are his stepchildren.
(d) They are his son and daughter.
2. What is the Chenoy family hoping to learn from Dr. Tarapore's visit?
(a) That Nariman is well enough to go home.
(b) That Nariman can move into his own place.
(c) That Nariman no longer needs continual care.
(d) That he can completely remove Nariman's cast.
3. In a flashback, Nariman recalls a person who makes him happy. Who is it?
4. What offer does Roxana make when Coomy mentions moving their father to Roxana's?
(a) Roxana says Nariman is welcome, even though it will be crowded.
(b) Roxana promises she and her family will visit Nariman every evening.
(c) Roxana says that is the best thing for Nariman.
(d) Roxana eagerly welcomes him.
5. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
(a) The Chenoy and Vakeel families.
(b) Religious practices.
(c) About Bombay.
(d) His grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Nariman stay in the hospital?
2. How long will Nariman have to care for his foot?
3. When Roxana and her family arrive for dinner, what is Coomy's reaction?
4. What does Nariman want Coomy to bring to the table as she prepares for his birthday dinner?
5. How does the cleaning woman awaken Coomy?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)