|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation is Roxana to Jal and Coomy?
(a) She is their step-sister.
(b) She is their step-mother.
(c) She is their aunt.
(d) She is their half-sister.
2. What is Roxana's advice to Jehangir about writing a book?
(a) He should be careful not to hurt anyone's feelings.
(b) He should only write nice things.
(c) He should only write the truth.
(d) He should not write about his own family.
3. How long does Nariman stay in the hospital?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two days.
4. How does Jal explain the constant hammering that Yezad asks about?
(a) He says it is their crazy neighbor.
(b) He says it is the apartment manager.
(c) He says it is the neighbor's children playing.
(d) He says their neighbor is a carpenter.
5. At the beginning of the story, Nariman is preparing to celebrate which birthday?
(a) His seventy-ninth.
(b) His seventy-eighth.
(c) His eightieth.
(d) His seventy-seventh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the doctor treat Nariman's injury at the hospital?
2. How does Coomy hope to combat the smell of Nariman's bowel movements?
3. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
4. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
5. What reason does Coomy give Nariman for not telling Roxana and Yezad about his accident?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)