|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation are Murad and Jehangir to Nariman?
(a) They are his son and daughter.
(b) They are his foster children.
(c) They are his stepchildren.
(d) They are his grandchildren.
2. At the beginning of the story, Nariman is preparing to celebrate which birthday?
(a) His seventy-ninth.
(b) His eightieth.
(c) His seventy-seventh.
(d) His seventy-eighth.
3. What is the subject of the argument between Roxana and Coomy?
(b) Murad's behavior.
(c) Jehangir's behavior.
4. What does Nariman have when he returns from his walk on the evening of his birthday?
(a) He has a limp and abrasions on his elbow and forearm.
(b) He has a broken arm.
(c) He has a black eye.
(d) He has a new cane.
5. Because of her many rules and constant crabbing, Nariman thinks Coomy is best suited for which of the following positions?
(a) A professor.
(b) A headmistress.
(c) A military officer.
(d) A nun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nariman exhibits symptoms of the early stages of what disease?
2. How are Murad and Jehangir instructed to act when they arrive at Nariman's home?
3. How long will Nariman have to care for his foot?
4. How does Coomy prepare for her father's return from the hospital?
5. Why is Nariman not allowed to marry the woman he chose?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)