|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nariman's occupation?
(a) He is a retired musician.
(b) He is a retired professor.
(c) He is a part-time teacher.
(d) He is an active professor.
2. What is Yezad's attitude toward religion?
(a) He is very devout in his faith.
(b) He is searching for answers.
(c) He will attend church, but is not necessarily interested.
(d) He tends to scoff at religious practices.
3. Nariman exhibits symptoms of the early stages of what disease?
4. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
(a) Asking to see his teeth.
(b) A kiss on the cheek.
(c) Feeling his bald head.
(d) Feeling his chin.
5. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
(a) The Chenoy and Vakeel families.
(b) Religious practices.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) About Bombay.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Coomy hope to combat the smell of Nariman's bowel movements?
2. How are Murad and Jehangir instructed to act when they arrive at Nariman's home?
3. What is the predominant mood of the dinner party?
4. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
5. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)