|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jal explain the constant hammering that Yezad asks about?
(a) He says it is the apartment manager.
(b) He says their neighbor is a carpenter.
(c) He says it is their crazy neighbor.
(d) He says it is the neighbor's children playing.
2. At the beginning of the story, Nariman is preparing to celebrate which birthday?
(a) His eightieth.
(b) His seventy-seventh.
(c) His seventy-eighth.
(d) His seventy-ninth.
3. How does Coomy prepare for her father's return from the hospital?
(a) She makes a special place for him.
(b) She hires a nurse to care for him.
(c) She buys a bedpan and urinal.
(d) She buys a commode.
4. What happens as the Chenoys wait at the bus stop?
(a) They are accosted by a pair of drunks.
(b) Yezad is beaten and robbed.
(c) Murad and Jehangir get in a fight.
(d) Roxana is abducted.
5. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
(a) They are radical conservatives.
(b) They are loyal traditionalists.
(c) They have no political views.
(d) They are ultra liberals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will Nariman have to care for his foot?
2. Who did Nariman's family arrange for him to marry?
3. Who asks Nariman for his assistance while he is in the hospital?
4. Because of her many rules and constant crabbing, Nariman thinks Coomy is best suited for which of the following positions?
5. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)