|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation is Roxana to Jal and Coomy?
(a) She is their step-mother.
(b) She is their step-sister.
(c) She is their half-sister.
(d) She is their aunt.
2. Nariman exhibits symptoms of the early stages of what disease?
3. Who does Coomy initially ask for help when Nariman is brought home with an injured ankle?
(a) Their neighbor Dr. Fitter.
(b) Their regular doctor, Dr. Tarapore.
(c) The men who brought him home.
(d) She did not ask for help.
4. How does the doctor treat Nariman's injury at the hospital?
(a) He puts a cast on Nariman's ankle.
(b) He tells Nariman not to walk on that foot for a week.
(c) He decides no treatment is necessary.
(d) He bandages Nariman's ankle.
5. How does Nariman deal with Coomy's ranting?
(a) He is meekly obedient.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He is quietly sarcastic.
(d) He yells back at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nariman injure his ankle?
2. Why is Nariman not allowed to marry the woman he chose?
3. What is the predominant mood of the dinner party?
4. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
5. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)