|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
(a) Feeling his chin.
(b) A kiss on the cheek.
(c) Asking to see his teeth.
(d) Feeling his bald head.
2. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) Religious practices.
(c) The Chenoy and Vakeel families.
(d) About Bombay.
3. How does the doctor treat Nariman's injury at the hospital?
(a) He decides no treatment is necessary.
(b) He tells Nariman not to walk on that foot for a week.
(c) He bandages Nariman's ankle.
(d) He puts a cast on Nariman's ankle.
4. Nariman exhibits symptoms of the early stages of what disease?
5. What is revealed about Yezad's background in Chapter 2?
(a) That he wishes he could do more for his country.
(b) That he was previously married and has other children.
(c) That he had attempted to emigrate to Canada.
(d) That he is very happy with his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yezad's attitude toward religion?
2. Why is Nariman not allowed to marry the woman he chose?
3. How does Jal explain the constant hammering that Yezad asks about?
4. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
5. What relation are Murad and Jehangir to Nariman?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)