|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
(a) They are radical conservatives.
(b) They are loyal traditionalists.
(c) They are ultra liberals.
(d) They have no political views.
2. Because of her many rules and constant crabbing, Nariman thinks Coomy is best suited for which of the following positions?
(a) A military officer.
(b) A professor.
(c) A nun.
(d) A headmistress.
3. How does Jal explain the constant hammering that Yezad asks about?
(a) He says it is their crazy neighbor.
(b) He says it is the apartment manager.
(c) He says their neighbor is a carpenter.
(d) He says it is the neighbor's children playing.
4. What does Nariman have when he returns from his walk on the evening of his birthday?
(a) He has a black eye.
(b) He has a limp and abrasions on his elbow and forearm.
(c) He has a broken arm.
(d) He has a new cane.
5. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
(a) Religious practices.
(b) About Bombay.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) The Chenoy and Vakeel families.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the story, Nariman is preparing to celebrate which birthday?
2. Who did Nariman's family arrange for him to marry?
3. When Roxana and her family arrive for dinner, what is Coomy's reaction?
4. Who does Coomy initially ask for help when Nariman is brought home with an injured ankle?
5. What is the predominant mood of the dinner party?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)