|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Roxana and her family arrive for dinner, what is Coomy's reaction?
(a) She grumbles that they are always early.
(b) She grumbles that they are always late.
(c) She grumbles that they are always on time.
(d) She grumbles that they never bring anything.
2. What is Roxana's advice to Jehangir about writing a book?
(a) He should only write nice things.
(b) He should not write about his own family.
(c) He should be careful not to hurt anyone's feelings.
(d) He should only write the truth.
3. How are Murad and Jehangir instructed to act when they arrive at Nariman's home?
(a) They are told to sit on the floor.
(b) They are told to sit like statues.
(c) They are not given instructions.
(d) They are told to play quietly.
4. What relation are Murad and Jehangir to Nariman?
(a) They are his grandchildren.
(b) They are his foster children.
(c) They are his stepchildren.
(d) They are his son and daughter.
5. Who asks Nariman for his assistance while he is in the hospital?
(a) Dr. Tarapore and an orderly.
(b) Mr. Rangarajan and an orderly.
(c) Dr. Tarapore and Dr. Fitter.
(d) Mr Rangaragan and Dr. Tarapore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Coomy give Nariman for not telling Roxana and Yezad about his accident?
2. What relation is Roxana to Jal and Coomy?
3. What is the predominant mood of the dinner party?
4. In a flashback, Nariman recalls a person who makes him happy. Who is it?
5. Why is Nariman not allowed to marry the woman he chose?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)