|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is most true about Coomy?
(a) Coomy is a cheerful and considerate person.
(b) Coomy genuinely cares for others.
(c) Coomy pretends she doesn't mind cleaning up after her father.
(d) Coomy pretends she cares for others.
2. What do Coomy and Jal hear Nariman doing whenever they pass the room he stays in while his ankle heals?
(a) He is talking to Roxana.
(b) He is complaining about his care.
(c) He is talking to himself.
(d) He is crying.
3. Why can Husain only work part time?
(a) He is physically challenged.
(b) He has another job.
(c) He goes to school.
(d) He is a victim of earlier riots.
4. What opportunity does one of the customers present to Yezad?
(a) To receive protection from the rioters.
(b) To pad the bill and make extra money.
(c) To receive an extra shipment without paying for it.
(d) To leave his job and take a better one.
5. What is the predominant mood of the dinner party?
(a) No one talks to anyone else.
(b) There is a lot of laughter.
(c) Everyone focuses on the chldren.
(d) There is a lot of bickering.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Coomy hope to combat the smell of Nariman's bowel movements?
2. How does Nariman help Jehangir go back to sleep when Jehangir is restless?
3. When Coomy calls in Dr. Tarapore, what is his concern about Nariman?
4. Why does Yezad go to the store where he works on Christmas day?
5. Why does Coomy get angry during the discussion about the cost of caring for Nariman?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)