|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Coomy get angry during the discussion about the cost of caring for Nariman?
(a) She says she is doing the best she can.
(b) She loves Nariman and doesn't want to lose him.
(c) She thinks Roxana is accusing her of stealing.
(d) She thinks Roxana is too critical of her.
2. How does Coomy hope to combat the smell of Nariman's bowel movements?
(a) She opens all the windows.
(b) She turns on his ceiling fan.
(c) She makes him go outside.
(d) She holds her nose.
3. What does Jal find when he goes to visit Nariman at Pleasant Villa?
(a) Daisy is giving Nariman music lessons.
(b) Daisy is taking care of Nariman.
(c) Daisy is playing her violin for Nariman.
(d) Daisy has moved in with Roxana and Yezad.
4. What responsibility does Murad take on himself at home that upsets Yezad?
(a) Winding the clock.
(b) Helping prepare supper.
(c) Setting the table.
(d) Weeding the flowerbeds.
5. Why does Roxana stop Jehangir from explaining his book to Nariman?
(a) She needs Jehangir's help in the kitchen.
(b) Jehangir is making too much noise.
(c) Nariman is not interested in what Jehangir reads.
(d) Nariman has fallen asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nariman help Jehangir go back to sleep when Jehangir is restless?
2. Why does Yezad not want Kapur to pay the Shiv Sena?
3. What does Edul say he must use to repair Nariman's room?
4. How does Coomy prepare for her father's return from the hospital?
5. What reason does Coomy give to convince Roxana to let her father move in?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)