|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
(a) He smells of alcohol.
(b) He smells of cigarette smoke.
(c) He smells of perfume.
(d) He smells of sandalwood.
2. How much extra money does Roxana find in the budget envelopes?
(a) Sixty rupees.
(b) One hundred and eighty rupees.
(c) One hundred and twenty rupees.
(d) Forty five rupees.
3. What happens to Yezad when he stops at the temple and stays for prayers?
(a) He becomes confused about why he is there.
(b) He realizes he has forgotten all the prayers.
(c) He realizes he no longer has a place in the temple.
(d) He has a great feeling of peace.
4. What is Mr. Kapur's wife's view of public service?
(a) Service to family is a woman's duty.
(b) Service to community comes first.
(c) Service to family comes first.
(d) Service to community is for young men.
5. Why does Coomy agree to allow Edul Munshi to help fix up her apartment?
(a) He will take so long Nariman will never come home.
(b) He is known for his excellent craftsmanship.
(c) He will finish quickly.
(d) He will not charge much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kapur's justification for not being treated like a common person?
2. What does Nariman offer to do to help Jehangir?
3. What does Yezad borrow from their neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
4. How does Nariman help Jehangir go back to sleep when Jehangir is restless?
5. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)