|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
(a) He writes letters for others.
(b) He works in a bookstore.
(c) He is a friend of Yezad.
(d) He is unemployed.
2. What is Roxana's advice to Jehangir about writing a book?
(a) He should not write about his own family.
(b) He should only write nice things.
(c) He should only write the truth.
(d) He should be careful not to hurt anyone's feelings.
3. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
(a) He is becoming more aware of his mortality.
(b) He is living less and less in the present world.
(c) He is becoming more loving.
(d) He is becoming more alert.
4. What offer does Roxana make when Coomy mentions moving their father to Roxana's?
(a) Roxana says that is the best thing for Nariman.
(b) Roxana says Nariman is welcome, even though it will be crowded.
(c) Roxana eagerly welcomes him.
(d) Roxana promises she and her family will visit Nariman every evening.
5. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
(a) Asking to see his teeth.
(b) Feeling his chin.
(c) Feeling his bald head.
(d) A kiss on the cheek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Vilas' friends urge Yezad to stay away from Matka?
2. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
3. How does Roxana react when Yezad tells her he has lost all their money?
4. What excuse does Kapur give for not running for municipal office?
5. What reason does Coomy give Nariman for not telling Roxana and Yezad about his accident?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)