|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jehangir's job as homework monitor in jeopardy?
(a) He has accepted too many bribes.
(b) His grades are not good enough for him to keep the job.
(c) He does not pay attention to what he is doing.
(d) He is getting too old for the job.
2. What does Mr. Kapur do when he learns that Husain is unable to work?
(a) He insists that Husain try to work.
(b) He comforts him.
(c) He fires him.
(d) He sends him home.
3. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
(a) Kapur has given him too much responsibility.
(b) There are too many Christmas decorations.
(c) He cannot get Nariman out of his house.
(d) He has lost a chance at promotion.
4. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
(a) He works in a bookstore.
(b) He writes letters for others.
(c) He is a friend of Yezad.
(d) He is unemployed.
5. What does Yezad think of as he sits with Nariman in the evening?
(a) The pain that Nariman is to those who care for him.
(b) He tries to visualize Nariman well.
(c) He is grateful he is not Nariman.
(d) The agony Nariman is going through.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Coomy hope to combat the smell of Nariman's bowel movements?
2. What items does Mr. Kapur order for his store during the holiday season?
3. What reason does Coomy give to convince Roxana to let her father move in?
4. What reason does Coomy give for wanting to move her father to Roxana's apartment?
5. What is the subject of the argument between Roxana and Coomy?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)