|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrangements are made for Nariman at Roxana's?
(a) He is put in a bed on the balcony.
(b) He must share a bed with one of the boys.
(c) He is given a cot of his own.
(d) He is put in Jehangir's bed.
2. What does Yezad tell Vilas he is troubled about?
(a) There are too many Christmas decorations.
(b) He cannot get Nariman out of his house.
(c) He has lost a chance at promotion.
(d) Kapur has given him too much responsibility.
3. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
(a) About Bombay.
(b) The Chenoy and Vakeel families.
(c) Religious practices.
(d) His grandfather.
4. What is Yezad's attitude toward religion?
(a) He is searching for answers.
(b) He tends to scoff at religious practices.
(c) He is very devout in his faith.
(d) He will attend church, but is not necessarily interested.
5. How does the cleaning woman awaken Coomy?
(a) By ringing the doorbell.
(b) By coming into the room.
(c) By making too much noise.
(d) By knocking on the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Coomy preparing to do when Yezad and Roxana arrive at her home to discuss her concerns for Nariman?
2. How does Edul's wife describe Nariman's home?
3. What reason does Coomy give for wanting to move her father to Roxana's apartment?
4. How long does Roxana tell Yezad that Nariman will stay with them?
5. Why do Vilas' friends urge Yezad to stay away from Matka?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)