|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is most true about Coomy?
(a) Coomy is a cheerful and considerate person.
(b) Coomy genuinely cares for others.
(c) Coomy pretends she cares for others.
(d) Coomy pretends she doesn't mind cleaning up after her father.
2. What prompts Roxana to change her mind about taking her father in?
(a) Roxana really misses her father and wants him near.
(b) Coomy says Nariman is looking forward to being with Roxana's family.
(c) Coomy says Nariman is waiting outside in an ambulance.
(d) Roxana realizes all Coomy's reasons are good ones.
3. What news about his intentions does Mr. Kapur share with Yezad as they get together after work?
(a) He is considering adding on the the store he has.
(b) He is considering running for the municipal council.
(c) He is considering selling the store.
(d) He is considering buying another store.
4. What is Yezad's explanation for the extra money?
(a) He says he has worked overtime.
(b) He tells Roxana she must have miscounted.
(c) He says maybe Mr. Kapur paid him extra commissions.
(d) He admits to playing Matka.
5. What does Jehangir have to do after putting old and wrinkled money in the budget envelopes?
(a) He is not required to do anything.
(b) Wash his hands.
(c) Ask his mother to double check the envelopes.
(d) Carefully seal the envelopes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrives at Kapur's store that he get all excited about?
2. What does Coomy confess to Jal about caring for their father?
3. What type of school do Murad and Jehangir attend?
4. Why does Yezad not use Mr. Kapur's first name during work hours?
5. What does Nariman offer to do to help Jehangir?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)