|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request does Jehangir make one evening as he is having supper with his family?
(a) To leave school.
(b) To leave home.
(c) To change his religion.
(d) To change his name.
2. Why does Yezad not use Mr. Kapur's first name during work hours?
(a) Mr. Kapur's first name is too hard for Yezad to say.
(b) He thinks using his boss's first name is too informal.
(c) Because Mr. Kapur will not use Yezad's last name.
(d) He cannot remember Mr. Kapur's first name.
3. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
(a) He tells her it was not his idea to come to her home.
(b) He apologizes for being a burden.
(c) He tells her he can't wait to get inside with her family.
(d) He tells her how good Coomy has been to him.
4. Which of the following best describes the home Roxana and her family live in?
(a) A comfortable flat in a well-kept building.
(b) A crowded two-room flat in a decaying building.
(c) A roomy two-bedroom flat in a new building.
(d) A quiet two-room flat in an old but clean building.
5. What does Husain do when he is having a "good" day?
(a) He does odd jobs around the store.
(b) He orders supplies.
(c) He waits on customers.
(d) He helps Yezad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nariman observe as Coomy and Jal move him to Roxana's apartment?
2. How does the doctor treat Nariman's injury at the hospital?
3. How does Roxana react when Yezad tells her he has lost all their money?
4. What offer does Roxana make when Coomy mentions moving their father to Roxana's?
5. When Coomy calls in Dr. Tarapore, what is his concern about Nariman?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)