|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nariman observe as Coomy and Jal move him to Roxana's apartment?
(a) It is hard for them to hide their sadness at his leaving.
(b) They are both eager to see him comfortable and cared for.
(c) It is hard for them to hide their eagerness to be rid of him.
(d) They are both looking forward to seeing Roxana again.
2. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) The Chenoy and Vakeel families.
(c) About Bombay.
(d) Religious practices.
3. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
4. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
(a) Help Nariman find a place of his own.
(b) Yezad has no plans for Nariman.
(c) Invite Nariman to stay longer.
(d) Send Nariman back to Coomy and Jal.
5. What is the predominant mood of the dinner party?
(a) No one talks to anyone else.
(b) Everyone focuses on the chldren.
(c) There is a lot of laughter.
(d) There is a lot of bickering.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the cleaning woman awaken Coomy?
2. What instrument does Roxana's neighbor play?
3. What is Yezad's attitude toward religion?
4. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
5. How are Murad and Jehangir instructed to act when they arrive at Nariman's home?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)