|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
(a) She wants to be sure he is breathing.
(b) She thinks she hears him coughing.
(c) She thinks he needs help.
(d) She thinks he called her name.
2. What does Nariman want Coomy to bring to the table as she prepares for his birthday dinner?
(a) The good china.
(b) A picture of their mother.
(c) The everyday dishes.
(d) His special plate.
3. What does Jehangir reveal to his family that he wants to write a book about?
(a) Religious practices.
(b) About Bombay.
(c) The Chenoy and Vakeel families.
(d) His grandfather.
4. What arrangements are made for Nariman at Roxana's?
(a) He is put in a bed on the balcony.
(b) He must share a bed with one of the boys.
(c) He is given a cot of his own.
(d) He is put in Jehangir's bed.
5. Why does Roxana stop Jehangir from explaining his book to Nariman?
(a) Nariman has fallen asleep.
(b) She needs Jehangir's help in the kitchen.
(c) Nariman is not interested in what Jehangir reads.
(d) Jehangir is making too much noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
2. What is Nariman's response about moving to Roxana's?
3. Why does Phoola Phoola quit?
4. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
5. What is Coomy's first concern after getting rid of Nariman?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)