|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the home Roxana and her family live in?
(a) A quiet two-room flat in an old but clean building.
(b) A roomy two-bedroom flat in a new building.
(c) A crowded two-room flat in a decaying building.
(d) A comfortable flat in a well-kept building.
2. Which of the following is not part of the special greeting Murad and Jehangir share with Nariman?
(a) Feeling his chin.
(b) Asking to see his teeth.
(c) Feeling his bald head.
(d) A kiss on the cheek.
3. What service does Jehangir provide for Nariman?
(a) He helps Nariman find a place to lie down.
(b) He reads the paper to Nariman.
(c) He helps Nariman eat.
(d) He combs Nariman's hair.
4. Why does Phoola Phoola quit?
(a) Coomy is too mean to her.
(b) Nariman has had a bowel movement in his bed.
(c) The whole apartment is too filthy to clean.
(d) Nariman is too mean to her.
5. What does Yezad borrow from their neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
(a) An old tablecloth.
(b) An extra sheet.
(c) An extra bed.
(d) An old blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Coomy prepare for her father's return from the hospital?
2. What is revealed about Yezad's background in Chapter 2?
3. What does Coomy use to clean Nariman's teeth?
4. What reason does Coomy give Nariman for not telling Roxana and Yezad about his accident?
5. How does Nariman injure his ankle?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)