|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nariman observe as Coomy and Jal move him to Roxana's apartment?
(a) They are both eager to see him comfortable and cared for.
(b) It is hard for them to hide their sadness at his leaving.
(c) They are both looking forward to seeing Roxana again.
(d) It is hard for them to hide their eagerness to be rid of him.
2. Which of the following seems most sensitive to Nariman's needs?
3. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
(a) They are ultra liberals.
(b) They are radical conservatives.
(c) They are loyal traditionalists.
(d) They have no political views.
4. How does the cleaning woman awaken Coomy?
(a) By ringing the doorbell.
(b) By making too much noise.
(c) By knocking on the door.
(d) By coming into the room.
5. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
(a) Help Nariman find a place of his own.
(b) Yezad has no plans for Nariman.
(c) Invite Nariman to stay longer.
(d) Send Nariman back to Coomy and Jal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the predominant mood of the dinner party?
2. What is Roxana's first action for Nariman after he arrives at her home?
3. What is Jal's concern about leaving his father at Roxana's?
4. In a flashback, Nariman recalls a person who makes him happy. Who is it?
5. Why does Coomy request that Phoola Phoola clean her room first?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)