|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Coomy answer Jal's concern about leaving their father with the Chenoy family?
(a) She expresses concern for Nariman's well-being.
(b) She says it was the best option.
(c) She says they had no choice.
(d) She says she regrets that it had to be done.
2. How does Coomy prepare for her father's return from the hospital?
(a) She hires a nurse to care for him.
(b) She buys a bedpan and urinal.
(c) She makes a special place for him.
(d) She buys a commode.
3. What prompts Roxana to change her mind about taking her father in?
(a) Roxana really misses her father and wants him near.
(b) Coomy says Nariman is looking forward to being with Roxana's family.
(c) Coomy says Nariman is waiting outside in an ambulance.
(d) Roxana realizes all Coomy's reasons are good ones.
4. What reason does Coomy give for wanting to move her father to Roxana's apartment?
(a) She says he is always happier around Roxana's family.
(b) She says she wants what is best for him.
(c) She says Roxana has asked him to come and stay.
(d) She says Roxana is jealous of Coomy's relationship with her father.
5. How long does Nariman stay in the hospital?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks and dreams?
2. What does Coomy confess to Jal about caring for their father?
3. What excuse does Coomy give for not having told Roxana about the accident?
4. What is characteristic of the Shiv Sena?
5. Which of the following seems most sensitive to Nariman's needs?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)