|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jal's concern about leaving his father at Roxana's?
(a) He wonders how Yezad will react to having Narinam around.
(b) He wonders if Nariman will resent Jal and Coomy for moving him.
(c) He thinks it is the best option they have.
(d) He wonders how it will affect family relationships.
2. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
(a) He tells her it was not his idea to come to her home.
(b) He apologizes for being a burden.
(c) He tells her he can't wait to get inside with her family.
(d) He tells her how good Coomy has been to him.
3. How does Nariman injure his ankle?
(a) He falls over an unseen object.
(b) He falls down the stairs.
(c) He falls into a trench.
(d) He falls while playing a game.
4. How would Mr. Kapur's action affect Yezad?
(a) It would mean he could lose his job.
(b) It would give Yezad an opportunity to own his own store.
(c) It would mean he might have to work more hours.
(d) It would mean more responsibility and more money.
5. What offer does Roxana make when Coomy mentions moving their father to Roxana's?
(a) Roxana says Nariman is welcome, even though it will be crowded.
(b) Roxana promises she and her family will visit Nariman every evening.
(c) Roxana says that is the best thing for Nariman.
(d) Roxana eagerly welcomes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
2. What is Yezad's reaction to the customer's offer?
3. Which of the following seems most sensitive to Nariman's needs?
4. What reason does Coomy give Nariman for not telling Roxana and Yezad about his accident?
5. Why does Jehangir go to visit Villie Cardmaster?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)