|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kapur's reaction when Yezad asks for an advance?
(a) He does not bother to answer Yezad.
(b) He tells Yezad that if he gets an advance he will have to accept more responsibility.
(c) He grants the advance without question.
(d) He tells Yezad he will have to work for it.
2. How would Mr. Kapur's action affect Yezad?
(a) It would give Yezad an opportunity to own his own store.
(b) It would mean more responsibility and more money.
(c) It would mean he might have to work more hours.
(d) It would mean he could lose his job.
3. Why can Husain only work part time?
(a) He goes to school.
(b) He is a victim of earlier riots.
(c) He is physically challenged.
(d) He has another job.
4. Why is Jehangir's job as homework monitor in jeopardy?
(a) He is getting too old for the job.
(b) His grades are not good enough for him to keep the job.
(c) He has accepted too many bribes.
(d) He does not pay attention to what he is doing.
5. What does Husain do when he is having a "good" day?
(a) He helps Yezad.
(b) He orders supplies.
(c) He does odd jobs around the store.
(d) He waits on customers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
2. Why does Yezad not use Mr. Kapur's first name during work hours?
3. What is Mr. Kapur passionate about collecting?
4. Which of the following seems most sensitive to Nariman's needs?
5. Who does Coomy initially ask for help when Nariman is brought home with an injured ankle?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)