|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kapur's reaction when Yezad asks for an advance?
(a) He tells Yezad he will have to work for it.
(b) He does not bother to answer Yezad.
(c) He tells Yezad that if he gets an advance he will have to accept more responsibility.
(d) He grants the advance without question.
2. Which of the following does not describe Vilas Rane?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) He writes letters for others.
(c) He is a friend of Yezad.
(d) He works in a bookstore.
3. How does Coomy answer Jal's concern about leaving their father with the Chenoy family?
(a) She says she regrets that it had to be done.
(b) She expresses concern for Nariman's well-being.
(c) She says they had no choice.
(d) She says it was the best option.
4. What is Yezad's explanation for the extra money?
(a) He tells Roxana she must have miscounted.
(b) He admits to playing Matka.
(c) He says maybe Mr. Kapur paid him extra commissions.
(d) He says he has worked overtime.
5. What news about his intentions does Mr. Kapur share with Yezad as they get together after work?
(a) He is considering buying another store.
(b) He is considering selling the store.
(c) He is considering adding on the the store he has.
(d) He is considering running for the municipal council.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yezad not use Mr. Kapur's first name during work hours?
2. Which of the following seems most sensitive to Nariman's needs?
3. How would Mr. Kapur's action affect Yezad?
4. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
5. Who asks Nariman for his assistance while he is in the hospital?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)