|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Coomy's first concern after getting rid of Nariman?
(a) Getting rid of the smells he left behind.
(b) Getting rid of any sign that Nariman ever lived with her.
(c) Cleaning his room and readying it for his return.
(d) Making sure he has all he needs at Roxana's.
2. Which of the following best describes the home Roxana and her family live in?
(a) A quiet two-room flat in an old but clean building.
(b) A roomy two-bedroom flat in a new building.
(c) A crowded two-room flat in a decaying building.
(d) A comfortable flat in a well-kept building.
3. What does Nariman tell Roxana when she takes him in?
(a) He tells her how good Coomy has been to him.
(b) He tells her he can't wait to get inside with her family.
(c) He tells her it was not his idea to come to her home.
(d) He apologizes for being a burden.
4. What items does Mr. Kapur order for his store during the holiday season?
(a) Decorations for all the religious holidays.
(b) Food and wine to celebrate Christmas.
(c) Enough supplies for a second store.
(d) Fancy Christmas decorations.
5. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rupees does Yezad give Villie for Matka?
2. What news about his intentions does Mr. Kapur share with Yezad as they get together after work?
3. In a flashback, Nariman recalls a person who makes him happy. Who is it?
4. Why is Jehangir's job as homework monitor in jeopardy?
5. What does Mr. Kapur do when he learns that Husain is unable to work?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)