|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much extra money does Roxana find in the budget envelopes?
(a) One hundred and eighty rupees.
(b) Forty five rupees.
(c) Sixty rupees.
(d) One hundred and twenty rupees.
2. Which of the following best describes the home Roxana and her family live in?
(a) A comfortable flat in a well-kept building.
(b) A crowded two-room flat in a decaying building.
(c) A quiet two-room flat in an old but clean building.
(d) A roomy two-bedroom flat in a new building.
3. What items does Mr. Kapur order for his store during the holiday season?
(a) Decorations for all the religious holidays.
(b) Enough supplies for a second store.
(c) Fancy Christmas decorations.
(d) Food and wine to celebrate Christmas.
4. What responsibility does Murad take on himself at home that upsets Yezad?
(a) Helping prepare supper.
(b) Weeding the flowerbeds.
(c) Winding the clock.
(d) Setting the table.
5. What is Jal's concern about leaving his father at Roxana's?
(a) He wonders if Nariman will resent Jal and Coomy for moving him.
(b) He wonders how Yezad will react to having Narinam around.
(c) He wonders how it will affect family relationships.
(d) He thinks it is the best option they have.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yezad's explanation for the extra money?
2. What is the alternative name suggested for Bombay?
3. How would Mr. Kapur's action affect Yezad?
4. Who asks Nariman for his assistance while he is in the hospital?
5. How does Nariman injure his ankle?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)