|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
(a) He tears them up.
(b) He checks them carefully and mails them.
(c) He asks his lawyer to look at them.
(d) He files them for future use.
2. What does Nariman offer to do to help Jehangir?
(a) To help with homework.
(b) To help him make the beds.
(c) To help him clean the kitchen.
(d) To help fix a meal.
3. Why does Yezad not want Kapur to pay the Shiv Sena?
(a) Yezad wants Kapur to run for office.
(b) Yezad wants Kapur to stand up for himself.
(c) Yezad knows Kapur cannot afford it.
(d) Yezad knows the Shiv Sena will never get enough.
4. What happens to Yezad when he stops at the temple and stays for prayers?
(a) He has a great feeling of peace.
(b) He realizes he has forgotten all the prayers.
(c) He realizes he no longer has a place in the temple.
(d) He becomes confused about why he is there.
5. How does Yezad use the item he borrowed from his neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
(a) He makes Nariman sleep on it.
(b) He uses it to cover the windows.
(c) He makes a tent on the balcony.
(d) He uses it for his own bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Jehangir make one evening as he is having supper with his family?
2. Why are Jehangir and Murad excited about having Nariman stay with them?
3. What does Jehangir have to do after putting old and wrinkled money in the budget envelopes?
4. What is Kapur's justification for not being treated like a common person?
5. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)