|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roxana stop Jehangir from explaining his book to Nariman?
(a) Nariman is not interested in what Jehangir reads.
(b) Jehangir is making too much noise.
(c) Nariman has fallen asleep.
(d) She needs Jehangir's help in the kitchen.
2. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
(a) ...leave a hole that is too big to fill."
(b) ,,,leaves a hole that can never be filled."
(c) ...leaves an emptiness that can never be filled."
(d) ...creates a huge empty space."
3. What service does Jehangir provide for Nariman?
(a) He helps Nariman find a place to lie down.
(b) He helps Nariman eat.
(c) He combs Nariman's hair.
(d) He reads the paper to Nariman.
4. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
(a) He smells of perfume.
(b) He smells of sandalwood.
(c) He smells of cigarette smoke.
(d) He smells of alcohol.
5. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
(a) She thinks he needs help.
(b) She wants to be sure he is breathing.
(c) She thinks she hears him coughing.
(d) She thinks he called her name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
2. What happens to Yezad when he stops at the temple and stays for prayers?
3. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
4. What does Nariman offer to do to help Jehangir?
5. Who is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks and dreams?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)