|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yezad meet with Vilas and his two actor friends?
(a) To discuss the play Vilas is writing.
(b) To finalize the details of their scam.
(c) To go together to meet the Shiv Sena.
(d) To write a letter to convince Kapur to run for office.
2. How long does Roxana tell Yezad that Nariman will stay with them?
(a) Until he is well.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three days.
3. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
(a) He smells of cigarette smoke.
(b) He smells of sandalwood.
(c) He smells of alcohol.
(d) He smells of perfume.
4. What is Kapur's justification for not being treated like a common person?
(a) He is too well known in the community.
(b) He does not attend the temple.
(c) He thinks he looks too much like a rich man.
(d) His family is not from Bombay.
5. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
(a) ...creates a huge empty space."
(b) ...leave a hole that is too big to fill."
(c) ,,,leaves a hole that can never be filled."
(d) ...leaves an emptiness that can never be filled."
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
2. What good news does Yezad have when he comes home from work?
3. What does Jehangir have to do after putting old and wrinkled money in the budget envelopes?
4. What request does Nariman make of Daisy after she first plays her violin for him?
5. What does Yezad borrow from their neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)