|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Yezad when he stops at the temple and stays for prayers?
(a) He becomes confused about why he is there.
(b) He realizes he has forgotten all the prayers.
(c) He realizes he no longer has a place in the temple.
(d) He has a great feeling of peace.
2. What is Roxana's first action for Nariman after he arrives at her home?
(a) She puts him to bed.
(b) She gives him a good meal.
(c) She gives him a sponge bath.
(d) She cleans his teeth.
3. What request does Nariman make of Daisy after she first plays her violin for him?
(a) That she play his favorite song over and over.
(b) That she play her violin as he lies dying.
(c) That she play her violin to wake him up.
(d) That she play her violin as he goes to sleep.
4. Why does Yezad meet with Vilas and his two actor friends?
(a) To finalize the details of their scam.
(b) To write a letter to convince Kapur to run for office.
(c) To discuss the play Vilas is writing.
(d) To go together to meet the Shiv Sena.
5. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
(a) He smells of cigarette smoke.
(b) He smells of alcohol.
(c) He smells of perfume.
(d) He smells of sandalwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roxana stop Jehangir from explaining his book to Nariman?
2. Why are Jehangir and Murad excited about having Nariman stay with them?
3. What does Nariman offer to do to help Jehangir?
4. What request does Jehangir make one evening as he is having supper with his family?
5. Who is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks and dreams?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)