|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Jehangir and Murad excited about having Nariman stay with them?
(a) They can sleep on the balcony.
(b) They can stay up later.
(c) They love Nariman.
(d) Nariman spoils them.
2. How long does Roxana tell Yezad that Nariman will stay with them?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Until he is well.
(d) Three months.
3. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
(a) He smells of cigarette smoke.
(b) He smells of sandalwood.
(c) He smells of alcohol.
(d) He smells of perfume.
4. Why does Yezad not want Kapur to pay the Shiv Sena?
(a) Yezad knows the Shiv Sena will never get enough.
(b) Yezad wants Kapur to stand up for himself.
(c) Yezad knows Kapur cannot afford it.
(d) Yezad wants Kapur to run for office.
5. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
(a) He is becoming more aware of his mortality.
(b) He is becoming more alert.
(c) He is becoming more loving.
(d) He is living less and less in the present world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks and dreams?
2. What does Nariman offer to do to help Jehangir?
3. What does Yezad borrow from their neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
4. What request does Nariman make of Daisy after she first plays her violin for him?
5. How does Yezad use the item he borrowed from his neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)