|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
(a) She thinks he needs help.
(b) She wants to be sure he is breathing.
(c) She thinks she hears him coughing.
(d) She thinks he called her name.
2. What request does Jehangir make one evening as he is having supper with his family?
(a) To leave home.
(b) To change his religion.
(c) To change his name.
(d) To leave school.
3. Who is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks and dreams?
4. What is Kapur's justification for not being treated like a common person?
(a) He thinks he looks too much like a rich man.
(b) His family is not from Bombay.
(c) He does not attend the temple.
(d) He is too well known in the community.
5. What does Yezad borrow from their neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
(a) An extra bed.
(b) An extra sheet.
(c) An old tablecloth.
(d) An old blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
2. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
3. Why are Jehangir and Murad excited about having Nariman stay with them?
4. Why does Yezad not want Kapur to pay the Shiv Sena?
5. What service does Jehangir provide for Nariman?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)