|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yezad meet with Vilas and his two actor friends?
(a) To discuss the play Vilas is writing.
(b) To finalize the details of their scam.
(c) To write a letter to convince Kapur to run for office.
(d) To go together to meet the Shiv Sena.
2. Why does Roxana stop Jehangir from explaining his book to Nariman?
(a) Jehangir is making too much noise.
(b) Nariman is not interested in what Jehangir reads.
(c) Nariman has fallen asleep.
(d) She needs Jehangir's help in the kitchen.
3. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
(a) ...leaves an emptiness that can never be filled."
(b) ,,,leaves a hole that can never be filled."
(c) ...creates a huge empty space."
(d) ...leave a hole that is too big to fill."
4. How does Yezad use the item he borrowed from his neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
(a) He makes a tent on the balcony.
(b) He uses it to cover the windows.
(c) He uses it for his own bed.
(d) He makes Nariman sleep on it.
5. How long does Roxana tell Yezad that Nariman will stay with them?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) Until he is well.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Yezad when he stops at the temple and stays for prayers?
2. What good news does Yezad have when he comes home from work?
3. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
4. Why does Yezad not want Kapur to pay the Shiv Sena?
5. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)