|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
(a) He smells of cigarette smoke.
(b) He smells of alcohol.
(c) He smells of perfume.
(d) He smells of sandalwood.
2. What service does Jehangir provide for Nariman?
(a) He helps Nariman eat.
(b) He combs Nariman's hair.
(c) He helps Nariman find a place to lie down.
(d) He reads the paper to Nariman.
3. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
(a) ,,,leaves a hole that can never be filled."
(b) ...leaves an emptiness that can never be filled."
(c) ...leave a hole that is too big to fill."
(d) ...creates a huge empty space."
4. What good news does Yezad have when he comes home from work?
(a) Nariman is going home.
(b) He got a raise.
(c) The elevator is working.
(d) Kapur is selling the store.
5. What request does Nariman make of Daisy after she first plays her violin for him?
(a) That she play her violin as he lies dying.
(b) That she play her violin as he goes to sleep.
(c) That she play her violin to wake him up.
(d) That she play his favorite song over and over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nariman offer to do to help Jehangir?
2. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
3. What is Kapur's justification for not being treated like a common person?
4. Why does Roxana stop Jehangir from explaining his book to Nariman?
5. What does Jehangir have to do after putting old and wrinkled money in the budget envelopes?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)