|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kapur's justification for not being treated like a common person?
(a) His family is not from Bombay.
(b) He is too well known in the community.
(c) He does not attend the temple.
(d) He thinks he looks too much like a rich man.
2. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
(a) He files them for future use.
(b) He asks his lawyer to look at them.
(c) He checks them carefully and mails them.
(d) He tears them up.
3. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
(a) Send Nariman back to Coomy and Jal.
(b) Yezad has no plans for Nariman.
(c) Invite Nariman to stay longer.
(d) Help Nariman find a place of his own.
4. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
(a) She wants to be sure he is breathing.
(b) She thinks she hears him coughing.
(c) She thinks he called her name.
(d) She thinks he needs help.
5. What is Roxana's first action for Nariman after he arrives at her home?
(a) She puts him to bed.
(b) She cleans his teeth.
(c) She gives him a good meal.
(d) She gives him a sponge bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Yezad when he stops at the temple and stays for prayers?
2. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
3. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
4. What service does Jehangir provide for Nariman?
5. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)