|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
(a) He is becoming more loving.
(b) He is becoming more aware of his mortality.
(c) He is living less and less in the present world.
(d) He is becoming more alert.
2. Why does Roxana stop Jehangir from explaining his book to Nariman?
(a) Nariman has fallen asleep.
(b) Nariman is not interested in what Jehangir reads.
(c) Jehangir is making too much noise.
(d) She needs Jehangir's help in the kitchen.
3. Why are Jehangir and Murad excited about having Nariman stay with them?
(a) They love Nariman.
(b) They can stay up later.
(c) They can sleep on the balcony.
(d) Nariman spoils them.
4. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
(a) She thinks she hears him coughing.
(b) She wants to be sure he is breathing.
(c) She thinks he called her name.
(d) She thinks he needs help.
5. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
(a) He sells his watch.
(b) He sells his car.
(c) He gives his expensive clothes away.
(d) He buys a train pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
2. Who is the subject of Nariman's flashbacks and dreams?
3. What request does Jehangir make one evening as he is having supper with his family?
4. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
5. What is Kapur's justification for not being treated like a common person?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)