|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yezad use the item he borrowed from his neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
(a) He makes Nariman sleep on it.
(b) He uses it for his own bed.
(c) He makes a tent on the balcony.
(d) He uses it to cover the windows.
2. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
(a) ...leaves an emptiness that can never be filled."
(b) ...creates a huge empty space."
(c) ,,,leaves a hole that can never be filled."
(d) ...leave a hole that is too big to fill."
3. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
(a) Help Nariman find a place of his own.
(b) Invite Nariman to stay longer.
(c) Send Nariman back to Coomy and Jal.
(d) Yezad has no plans for Nariman.
4. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
(a) She thinks he called her name.
(b) She thinks she hears him coughing.
(c) She thinks he needs help.
(d) She wants to be sure he is breathing.
5. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
(a) He smells of perfume.
(b) He smells of sandalwood.
(c) He smells of alcohol.
(d) He smells of cigarette smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Jehangir make one evening as he is having supper with his family?
2. Why does Yezad meet with Vilas and his two actor friends?
3. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
4. What is Roxana's first action for Nariman after he arrives at her home?
5. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)