|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
(a) ,,,leaves a hole that can never be filled."
(b) ...creates a huge empty space."
(c) ...leaves an emptiness that can never be filled."
(d) ...leave a hole that is too big to fill."
2. How does Yezad use the item he borrowed from his neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
(a) He makes Nariman sleep on it.
(b) He uses it to cover the windows.
(c) He makes a tent on the balcony.
(d) He uses it for his own bed.
3. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
(a) He tears them up.
(b) He checks them carefully and mails them.
(c) He asks his lawyer to look at them.
(d) He files them for future use.
4. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
(a) He is becoming more alert.
(b) He is becoming more aware of his mortality.
(c) He is becoming more loving.
(d) He is living less and less in the present world.
5. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
(a) Invite Nariman to stay longer.
(b) Help Nariman find a place of his own.
(c) Yezad has no plans for Nariman.
(d) Send Nariman back to Coomy and Jal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Roxana tell Yezad that Nariman will stay with them?
2. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
3. Why does Yezad not want Kapur to pay the Shiv Sena?
4. Why are Jehangir and Murad excited about having Nariman stay with them?
5. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)