|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
(a) She thinks he called her name.
(b) She thinks she hears him coughing.
(c) She wants to be sure he is breathing.
(d) She thinks he needs help.
2. What does Jehangir have to do after putting old and wrinkled money in the budget envelopes?
(a) He is not required to do anything.
(b) Wash his hands.
(c) Ask his mother to double check the envelopes.
(d) Carefully seal the envelopes.
3. What is Kapur's justification for not being treated like a common person?
(a) He is too well known in the community.
(b) His family is not from Bombay.
(c) He thinks he looks too much like a rich man.
(d) He does not attend the temple.
4. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
(a) He buys a train pass.
(b) He sells his car.
(c) He gives his expensive clothes away.
(d) He sells his watch.
5. Why does Yezad meet with Vilas and his two actor friends?
(a) To go together to meet the Shiv Sena.
(b) To write a letter to convince Kapur to run for office.
(c) To discuss the play Vilas is writing.
(d) To finalize the details of their scam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
2. How long does Roxana tell Yezad that Nariman will stay with them?
3. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
4. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
5. What service does Jehangir provide for Nariman?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)