|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
(a) He buys a train pass.
(b) He sells his car.
(c) He sells his watch.
(d) He gives his expensive clothes away.
2. Why does Yezad not want Kapur to pay the Shiv Sena?
(a) Yezad wants Kapur to run for office.
(b) Yezad knows the Shiv Sena will never get enough.
(c) Yezad knows Kapur cannot afford it.
(d) Yezad wants Kapur to stand up for himself.
3. What request does Nariman make of Daisy after she first plays her violin for him?
(a) That she play his favorite song over and over.
(b) That she play her violin to wake him up.
(c) That she play her violin as he goes to sleep.
(d) That she play her violin as he lies dying.
4. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
(a) She wants to be sure he is breathing.
(b) She thinks he called her name.
(c) She thinks she hears him coughing.
(d) She thinks he needs help.
5. What is Kapur's justification for not being treated like a common person?
(a) He thinks he looks too much like a rich man.
(b) His family is not from Bombay.
(c) He is too well known in the community.
(d) He does not attend the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
2. Why are Jehangir and Murad excited about having Nariman stay with them?
3. How does Yezad use the item he borrowed from his neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
4. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
5. What is Roxana's first action for Nariman after he arrives at her home?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)