|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yezad meet with Vilas and his two actor friends?
(a) To finalize the details of their scam.
(b) To go together to meet the Shiv Sena.
(c) To write a letter to convince Kapur to run for office.
(d) To discuss the play Vilas is writing.
2. What does Yezad do with his application papers for emigration to Canada?
(a) He files them for future use.
(b) He checks them carefully and mails them.
(c) He asks his lawyer to look at them.
(d) He tears them up.
3. What happens to Yezad when he stops at the temple and stays for prayers?
(a) He has a great feeling of peace.
(b) He becomes confused about why he is there.
(c) He realizes he has forgotten all the prayers.
(d) He realizes he no longer has a place in the temple.
4. What is Kapur's justification for not being treated like a common person?
(a) He does not attend the temple.
(b) He is too well known in the community.
(c) His family is not from Bombay.
(d) He thinks he looks too much like a rich man.
5. What good news does Yezad have when he comes home from work?
(a) The elevator is working.
(b) Nariman is going home.
(c) He got a raise.
(d) Kapur is selling the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kapur's first step to becoming more like the common people?
2. Why are Jehangir and Murad excited about having Nariman stay with them?
3. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
4. How long does Roxana tell Yezad that Nariman will stay with them?
5. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)