|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Nariman's words, how would you complete this sentence, "the loss of home ...?
(a) ...leave a hole that is too big to fill."
(b) ...leaves an emptiness that can never be filled."
(c) ...creates a huge empty space."
(d) ,,,leaves a hole that can never be filled."
2. What are Yezad's plans for Nariman when Nariman's time with the Chenoys is over?
(a) Yezad has no plans for Nariman.
(b) Send Nariman back to Coomy and Jal.
(c) Help Nariman find a place of his own.
(d) Invite Nariman to stay longer.
3. What happens to Yezad when he stops at the temple and stays for prayers?
(a) He becomes confused about why he is there.
(b) He realizes he has forgotten all the prayers.
(c) He realizes he no longer has a place in the temple.
(d) He has a great feeling of peace.
4. What makes Roxana check on Nariman while he sleeps?
(a) She thinks he called her name.
(b) She thinks he needs help.
(c) She wants to be sure he is breathing.
(d) She thinks she hears him coughing.
5. What is happening to Nariman as the story progresses?
(a) He is becoming more loving.
(b) He is becoming more alert.
(c) He is living less and less in the present world.
(d) He is becoming more aware of his mortality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kapur's justification for not being treated like a common person?
2. What does Yezad borrow from their neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
3. What request does Jehangir make one evening as he is having supper with his family?
4. How does Yezad use the item he borrowed from his neighbor Villie Cardmaster?
5. What does Roxana smell on Yezad when he comes home one evening?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)