1. What is the relationship of Coomy and Jal to Nariman?
(a) They are his stepchildren.
(b) They are his foster children.
(c) They are his son and daughter.
(d) They are his grandchildren.
2. What is Nariman's occupation?
(a) He is a retired professor.
(b) He is a retired musician.
(c) He is a part-time teacher.
(d) He is an active professor.
3. Because of her many rules and constant crabbing, Nariman thinks Coomy is best suited for which of the following positions?
(a) A headmistress.
(b) A nun.
(c) A professor.
(d) A military officer.
4. At the beginning of the story, Nariman is preparing to celebrate which birthday?
(a) His seventy-ninth.
(b) His seventy-seventh.
(c) His seventy-eighth.
(d) His eightieth.
5. Why do Coomy and Jal not want Nariman to go out alone?
(a) They are afraid he will not return in time for his birthday celebration.
(b) They are afraid he will get lost.
(c) They are afraid he will run away.
(d) They are afraid something will happen to him.
This section contains 6,208 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)