|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In California, Fresno is the county seat of __________.
2. The San Joaquin Valley extends from the Sacramento - San Joaquin River Delta in the north to ________ in the south.
3. How old is Ashante in the novel?
4. What is the name of Trey Shepherd's sister?
5. What is the name of Hunter's girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Autumn's childhood affected her current romantic relationship in the novel?
2. Describe Summer's family and living arrangements in the beginning of the novel. What separated Summer from her father?
3. How is Hunter's tendency toward infidelity illustrated as an addiction in the novel?
4. Where is Hunter working when he is first approached and flirted with by fans in the novel?
5. How does Summer feel about her father in the beginning of the novel? What is her relationship with her mother like?
6. What leads up to Summer's confrontation with Erica in the novel? How do Matt and Kyle react to this confrontation?
7. What does Autumn know about her biological parents in the beginning of the novel?
8. Why is Nikki upset about her family in the beginning of the novel? How does Hunter relate?
9. Describe the character of Trey Shepherd. What was Trey's relationship with Kristina like?
10. Describe Autumn's childhood and family life in the novel. Where does she live and with whom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define, analyze and discuss the themes of abandonment and neglect in the novel. What effects have been seen in Kristina's children of their abandonment by their parents? How has their neglect or abandonment affected them differently. How are the older children's experiences better or worse than those of the elder children?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the impact of Kristina's actions on her mother, Marie Haskins, and her stepfather, Scott Haskins. In what ways has Marie defended and even enabled her daughter's harmful behavior? Why? How have Kristina's actions impacted her siblings?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the relationship between Nikki and Hunter in the narrative. How has Hunter's past and family impacted his ability to be secure in his relationships? How has Nikki's past affected her relationships? How do each of their families compare?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)