|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Autumn live?
2. What is the name of Summer's boyfriend's best friend?
3. With what personality at the radio station is Hunter is forced to do the show with early in the novel?
4. Summer tells Kyle that she was raped by whom in the novel?
5. Nikki is upset because her parents are _________ in the beginning of the novel.
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Autumn's childhood affected her current romantic relationship in the novel?
2. How does Summer feel about her father in the beginning of the novel? What is her relationship with her mother like?
3. What leads up to Summer's confrontation with Erica in the novel? How do Matt and Kyle react to this confrontation?
4. Describe the character of Cora Shepherd in the novel. How did Autumn come into Cora's custody?
5. Describe the character of Trey Shepherd. What was Trey's relationship with Kristina like?
6. How do Hunter's insecurities about his family impact his current relationship in the novel?
7. With whom is Summer having a relationship in the beginning of the novel? How does she feel about her boyfriend?
8. Describe Summer's family and living arrangements in the beginning of the novel. What separated Summer from her father?
9. What happens when Nikki sees Hunter being flirted with by fans in the novel? What advice does Montana give Hunter?
10. Describe the character of Kristina Snow Shepherd. What is Kristina's history in the Crank series? How is Kristina viewed by her children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the relationship between Nikki and Hunter in the narrative. How has Hunter's past and family impacted his ability to be secure in his relationships? How has Nikki's past affected her relationships? How do each of their families compare?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss examples of symbolism and imagery in the narrative. What does the stranger at the talent show represent to Hunter? What is symbolized by Hunter's infidelity with Leah in the narrative? What does Kristina represent symbolically to each of her children?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the dangers of pharmaceutical drug abuse and the trend of "pharm parties" in America. What risks does Hunter take by using unknown drugs on Thanksgiving? How does this reflect Hunter's unstable emotional state and the mistakes of his parents?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)