|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does OCD stand for?
2. What means continuance without change; permanence?
3. Trey is released from prison shortly before what holiday?
4. Who is distant and openly disgusted to Summer's ordeal and the cut on her face?
5. Nikki is upset because her parents are _________ in the beginning of the novel.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Autumn's childhood and family life in the novel. Where does she live and with whom?
2. Describe Summer's family and living arrangements in the beginning of the novel. What separated Summer from her father?
3. Describe the character of Kristina Snow Shepherd. What is Kristina's history in the Crank series? How is Kristina viewed by her children?
4. Where is Hunter working when he is first approached and flirted with by fans in the novel?
5. How has Autumn's childhood affected her current romantic relationship in the novel?
6. How do Hunter's insecurities about his family impact his current relationship in the novel?
7. What are the causes of Autumn's anxiety and insecurity leading up to Thanksgiving in the novel?
8. How does Summer feel about her father in the beginning of the novel? What is her relationship with her mother like?
9. What leads up to Autumn's first kiss in the novel? What causes her anxiety before this event?
10. What does Autumn know about her biological parents in the beginning of the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the insecurity and isolation which plague Autumn in the novel. Why does Autumn feel incapable of being loved? How did her parents' actions contribute to Autumn's insecurity and inferiority complexes? How does she attempt to overcome them?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the dangers of pharmaceutical drug abuse and the trend of "pharm parties" in America. What risks does Hunter take by using unknown drugs on Thanksgiving? How does this reflect Hunter's unstable emotional state and the mistakes of his parents?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Hunter's attraction to infidelity in the novel. Why is Hunter compelled to cheat, and how does this behavior mirror that of his mother? What effect does Hunter's infidelity have on his relationship with Nikki? In what ways is it seen as "addictive" behavior?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)