|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who learns that his father is upset because Kristina has been in contact about another of her schemes in the beginning of the novel?
2. Where is Autumn's father in the beginning of the novel?
3. Hunter has a radio remote show from the game between UNR and what team in the novel?
4. What is Autumn's middle name?
5. What is Summer's middle name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Hunter working when he is first approached and flirted with by fans in the novel?
2. What does Autumn know about her biological parents in the beginning of the novel?
3. Describe Summer's family and living arrangements in the beginning of the novel. What separated Summer from her father?
4. Describe Autumn's emotional status in the beginning of the novel. What is the cause of Autumn's feelings of isolation?
5. Who has abused Summer's young foster sister Ashante in the novel? How does Summer discover this fact?
6. What leads up to Summer's confrontation with Erica in the novel? How do Matt and Kyle react to this confrontation?
7. How does Summer feel about her father in the beginning of the novel? What is her relationship with her mother like?
8. What upsets Autumn about her aunt's evolving relationship with Liam in the novel?
9. How is Hunter's character introduced in the novel? What is his family setting like? How does Hunter feel about his parents?
10. How is Hunter's tendency toward infidelity illustrated as an addiction in the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the career of author Ellen Hopkins and discuss the principle characters, subjects and themes in the Crank series. How old is Kristina Snow when she is introduced in the first novel, Crank? What are the effects of Kristina's actions in the first two novels? How do the first two novels of the series relate to the subjects in Fallout?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the impact of Kristina's actions on her mother, Marie Haskins, and her stepfather, Scott Haskins. In what ways has Marie defended and even enabled her daughter's harmful behavior? Why? How have Kristina's actions impacted her siblings?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the differences between Summer's childhood and relationship with her parents from those of her siblings. How has Summer's exposure to her parents affected her interpersonal relationships with others? How does Summer feel about each of her parents?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)