Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Autumn's middle name?
2. Whom does Hunter offer to move in with after problems arise with his mother?
3. How old is Summer when she is introduced in the novel?
4. Who is Kristina's oldest child?
5. Who is distant and openly disgusted to Summer's ordeal and the cut on her face?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Cora Shepherd in the novel. How did Autumn come into Cora's custody?
2. What leads up to Summer's confrontation with Erica in the novel? How do Matt and Kyle react to this confrontation?
3. Where does Kyle spend Thanksgiving in the novel? How does Summer feel about his absence?
4. Where does Summer learn she will be going to stay with a new foster family after her dad spends a weekend in jail in the novel? What concerns does Summer have about the situation?
5. Describe the character of Trey Shepherd. What was Trey's relationship with Kristina like?
6. In what ways have Kristina's children suffered due to her addiction? How is the suffering of the older children different than that of the youngest?
7. Who spends Christmas dinner at the Haskins' home in the end of the novel? How does Hunter feel about the gathering?
8. Where does Autumn spend Thanksgiving dinner in the novel? How does she feel about this setting?
9. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
10. What is Summer's interaction with her grandfather like in the hospital on Christmas? What hope does Summer have?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of sexual abuse in the novel. Which characters have been abused and by whom? Who is to blame for the abuse that Kristina's children have suffered and why? In what ways did Kristina herself face sexual abuse?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the cycle of addiction in the novel. In what ways are the sins of the parents revisited on Kristina's children? Who shows tendencies for chemical dependency in the novel and in what ways? What are the underlying causes for these tendencies?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the career of author Ellen Hopkins and discuss the principle characters, subjects and themes in the Crank series. How old is Kristina Snow when she is introduced in the first novel, Crank? What are the effects of Kristina's actions in the first two novels? How do the first two novels of the series relate to the subjects in Fallout?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)