|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the foster-mother Summer has in the beginning of the novel?
2. What does Fallout number in the Crank series?
3. What is Kristina's last name in the novel?
4. The name Fresno is Spanish for what word?
5. What is the name of the radio station where Hunter works as an on-air personality?
Short Essay Questions
1. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
2. Why does Marie Haskins go to Las Vegas in the novel? What does Hunter learn has happened with his mother there?
3. Who has abused Summer's young foster sister Ashante in the novel? How does Summer discover this fact?
4. What encounter does Hunter have at the Sparks Hometown Christmas Parade in the novel? Who advises him against his actions?
5. What is Hunter's reaction upon first seeing the man he believes to be his biological father in the novel? Where does this take place?
6. Where does Hunter go early on Christmas morning in the novel? How does his Christmas begin?
7. What does Autumn know about her biological parents in the beginning of the novel?
8. What does Hunter do in order to attempt to win Nikki back in the last section of the novel? What hopes does he have?
9. Describe the character of Cora Shepherd in the novel. How did Autumn come into Cora's custody?
10. Whom does Hunter move in with after leaving his parents' house in the novel? Why? What party does Hunter attend at this time?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Autumn's relationship with her aunt and grandfather in the novel. How has Autumn's childhood illustrated greater stability than those of her siblings? What does Autumn know about her father and how does she feel about his abandonment?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of sexual abuse in the novel. Which characters have been abused and by whom? Who is to blame for the abuse that Kristina's children have suffered and why? In what ways did Kristina herself face sexual abuse?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the career of author Ellen Hopkins and discuss the principle characters, subjects and themes in the Crank series. How old is Kristina Snow when she is introduced in the first novel, Crank? What are the effects of Kristina's actions in the first two novels? How do the first two novels of the series relate to the subjects in Fallout?
This section contains 1,681 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)