|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the principle occupation of Kristina's mother?
2. Summer's father used to be a crank addict but now is simply what, in the beginning of the novel?
3. What new boy in Autumn's class seems interested in her?
4. What character in the novel is highly intelligent and enrolled in advanced academic classes in school?
5. What does OCD stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Trey Shepherd. What was Trey's relationship with Kristina like?
2. Who does Summer first become intimate with in the novel? How is this event described?
3. How is Hunter's character introduced in the novel? What is his family setting like? How does Hunter feel about his parents?
4. Describe Autumn's childhood and family life in the novel. Where does she live and with whom?
5. Why does Marie Haskins go to Las Vegas in the novel? What does Hunter learn has happened with his mother there?
6. How does Summer feel about her father in the beginning of the novel? What is her relationship with her mother like?
7. What leads up to Summer's confrontation with Erica in the novel? How do Matt and Kyle react to this confrontation?
8. With whom is Summer having a relationship in the beginning of the novel? How does she feel about her boyfriend?
9. How has Autumn's childhood affected her current romantic relationship in the novel?
10. How do Hunter's insecurities about his family impact his current relationship in the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the differences between Summer's childhood and relationship with her parents from those of her siblings. How has Summer's exposure to her parents affected her interpersonal relationships with others? How does Summer feel about each of her parents?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the insecurity and isolation which plague Autumn in the novel. Why does Autumn feel incapable of being loved? How did her parents' actions contribute to Autumn's insecurity and inferiority complexes? How does she attempt to overcome them?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the career of author Ellen Hopkins and discuss the principle characters, subjects and themes in the Crank series. How old is Kristina Snow when she is introduced in the first novel, Crank? What are the effects of Kristina's actions in the first two novels? How do the first two novels of the series relate to the subjects in Fallout?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)