|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the foster-mother Summer has in the beginning of the novel?
2. How old is Hunter in the beginning of the novel?
3. What word refers to any person or animal that is generally despised or avoided?
4. Who adopted Hunter in the novel?
5. Hunter's mother claims that his father _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What confrontations does Summer have with her mother and father after her father spends the weekend in jail in the novel?
2. With whom is Summer having a relationship in the beginning of the novel? How does she feel about her boyfriend?
3. What leads to the greatest increase in instability for Summer's character in the novel? How does she feel about her situation?
4. Who advises Hunter to let his obsession with his biological father go in the novel? What does he do instead?
5. What are Summer's experiences with each of her parents like on Thanksgiving in the novel? What does she discover about her family?
6. What leads up to Autumn's first kiss in the novel? What causes her anxiety before this event?
7. Who has abused Summer's young foster sister Ashante in the novel? How does Summer discover this fact?
8. Whom does Hunter move in with after leaving his parents' house in the novel? Why? What party does Hunter attend at this time?
9. What happens after Nikki discovers Hunter's infidelity in the novel? Where does Hunter move?
10. What major discoveries does Hunter gain from his two fathers in the novel? How do these discoveries change his character?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the career of author Ellen Hopkins and discuss the principle characters, subjects and themes in the Crank series. How old is Kristina Snow when she is introduced in the first novel, Crank? What are the effects of Kristina's actions in the first two novels? How do the first two novels of the series relate to the subjects in Fallout?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Hunter's attraction to infidelity in the novel. Why is Hunter compelled to cheat, and how does this behavior mirror that of his mother? What effect does Hunter's infidelity have on his relationship with Nikki? In what ways is it seen as "addictive" behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the relationship between Nikki and Hunter in the narrative. How has Hunter's past and family impacted his ability to be secure in his relationships? How has Nikki's past affected her relationships? How do each of their families compare?
This section contains 1,710 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)