|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the radio station where Hunter works as an on-air personality?
2. With what personality at the radio station is Hunter is forced to do the show with early in the novel?
3. Whom does Hunter offer to move in with after problems arise with his mother?
4. What refers to the existing order of things; present customs, practices, and power relations?
5. Who is Kristina's second child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Hunter's character introduced in the novel? What is his family setting like? How does Hunter feel about his parents?
2. How does Summer feel about her father in the beginning of the novel? What is her relationship with her mother like?
3. With whom is Summer having a relationship in the beginning of the novel? How does she feel about her boyfriend?
4. Describe the character of Kristina Snow Shepherd. What is Kristina's history in the Crank series? How is Kristina viewed by her children?
5. Where is Hunter working when he is first approached and flirted with by fans in the novel?
6. Describe Autumn's emotional status in the beginning of the novel. What is the cause of Autumn's feelings of isolation?
7. What leads up to Autumn's first kiss in the novel? What causes her anxiety before this event?
8. Describe Autumn's childhood and family life in the novel. Where does she live and with whom?
9. What leads up to Summer's confrontation with Erica in the novel? How do Matt and Kyle react to this confrontation?
10. What upsets Autumn about her aunt's evolving relationship with Liam in the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, analyze and discuss the narrative style of the novel. From whose perspective is the story told and how does this shift throughout the novel? How many protagonists does the novel have? Is the narrative point of view omniscient or limited?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the character of Brendan in the narrative. What does Hunter realize about Brendan when he finally confronts him? How does this discovery change Hunter's perception of his history and himself in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the relationship between Nikki and Hunter in the narrative. How has Hunter's past and family impacted his ability to be secure in his relationships? How has Nikki's past affected her relationships? How do each of their families compare?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)