|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Autumn's father in the beginning of the novel?
2. Who is distant and openly disgusted to Summer's ordeal and the cut on her face?
3. What is the name of Autumn's aunt with whom she lives?
4. Who took custody of Autumn when she was only seventeen?
5. Who tells Autumn that her father wants to see her in the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Kristina Snow Shepherd. What is Kristina's history in the Crank series? How is Kristina viewed by her children?
2. Describe the stylistic elements of Fallout. How is the novel divided into sections? What effect does the style have on the reader?
3. Who does Summer first become intimate with in the novel? How is this event described?
4. Where is Hunter working when he is first approached and flirted with by fans in the novel?
5. Describe Autumn's emotional status in the beginning of the novel. What is the cause of Autumn's feelings of isolation?
6. What leads up to Autumn's first kiss in the novel? What causes her anxiety before this event?
7. Describe Summer's family and living arrangements in the beginning of the novel. What separated Summer from her father?
8. How is Hunter's tendency toward infidelity illustrated as an addiction in the novel?
9. How has Autumn's childhood affected her current romantic relationship in the novel?
10. What happens when Nikki sees Hunter being flirted with by fans in the novel? What advice does Montana give Hunter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the theme of teenage pregnancy in the novel. How old was Kristina when she first gave birth? How is teenage pregnancy foreshadowed in both of Kristina's daughters in the narrative? How is teenage pregnancy related to the theme of responsibility?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Autumn's relationship with her father after they have first met. How does Trey's presence inspire Autumn to meet her mother? Is this meeting a positive or negative thing for Autumn's development? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the impact of Kristina's actions on her mother, Marie Haskins, and her stepfather, Scott Haskins. In what ways has Marie defended and even enabled her daughter's harmful behavior? Why? How have Kristina's actions impacted her siblings?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)