|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Autumn's father in the beginning of the novel?
2. How many children does Kristina have?
3. What refers to the existing order of things; present customs, practices, and power relations?
4. What is the name of Cora's teacher?
5. Who is Kristina's third child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Autumn's emotional status in the beginning of the novel. What is the cause of Autumn's feelings of isolation?
2. How does Summer feel about her father in the beginning of the novel? What is her relationship with her mother like?
3. Describe Summer's family and living arrangements in the beginning of the novel. What separated Summer from her father?
4. Describe the character of Trey Shepherd. What was Trey's relationship with Kristina like?
5. With whom is Summer having a relationship in the beginning of the novel? How does she feel about her boyfriend?
6. Where is Hunter working when he is first approached and flirted with by fans in the novel?
7. Describe the stylistic elements of Fallout. How is the novel divided into sections? What effect does the style have on the reader?
8. Describe the character of Kristina Snow Shepherd. What is Kristina's history in the Crank series? How is Kristina viewed by her children?
9. What upsets Autumn about her aunt's evolving relationship with Liam in the novel?
10. Why does Marie Haskins go to Las Vegas in the novel? What does Hunter learn has happened with his mother there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Summer's relationships with Ashante and Erica in the novel. How long does Summer live in the foster home with these girls? What leads up to Summer's violent confrontation with Erica? Who breaks up the confrontation and what is its effect on the family?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the impact of Kristina's actions on her mother, Marie Haskins, and her stepfather, Scott Haskins. In what ways has Marie defended and even enabled her daughter's harmful behavior? Why? How have Kristina's actions impacted her siblings?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the dangers of pharmaceutical drug abuse and the trend of "pharm parties" in America. What risks does Hunter take by using unknown drugs on Thanksgiving? How does this reflect Hunter's unstable emotional state and the mistakes of his parents?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)