|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Summer's father used to be a crank addict but now is simply what, in the beginning of the novel?
2. Which boyfriend of Kristina's does Hunter learn has beat her up again before she faces possession charges?
3. Who is Kristina's oldest child?
4. Who took custody of Autumn when she was only seventeen?
5. Who is sympathetic to Summer's ordeal and the cut on her face?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nikki upset about her family in the beginning of the novel? How does Hunter relate?
2. Describe Summer's family and living arrangements in the beginning of the novel. What separated Summer from her father?
3. Where is Hunter working when he is first approached and flirted with by fans in the novel?
4. Describe Autumn's emotional status in the beginning of the novel. What is the cause of Autumn's feelings of isolation?
5. Describe the character of Cora Shepherd in the novel. How did Autumn come into Cora's custody?
6. How does Summer feel about her father in the beginning of the novel? What is her relationship with her mother like?
7. What happens when Nikki sees Hunter being flirted with by fans in the novel? What advice does Montana give Hunter?
8. What leads up to Summer's confrontation with Erica in the novel? How do Matt and Kyle react to this confrontation?
9. How do Hunter's insecurities about his family impact his current relationship in the novel?
10. What upsets Autumn about her aunt's evolving relationship with Liam in the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the impact of Kristina's actions on her mother, Marie Haskins, and her stepfather, Scott Haskins. In what ways has Marie defended and even enabled her daughter's harmful behavior? Why? How have Kristina's actions impacted her siblings?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the character of Brendan in the narrative. What does Hunter realize about Brendan when he finally confronts him? How does this discovery change Hunter's perception of his history and himself in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the theme of teenage pregnancy in the novel. How old was Kristina when she first gave birth? How is teenage pregnancy foreshadowed in both of Kristina's daughters in the narrative? How is teenage pregnancy related to the theme of responsibility?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)