|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fallout number in the Crank series?
2. What is Autumn's middle name?
3. How old is Summer when she is introduced in the novel?
4. What is Kristina's last name in the novel?
5. Who is Kristina's second child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is foreshadowed by Autumn's illness in the novel? Who suggests a potential cause for the illness?
2. Who spends Christmas dinner at the Haskins' home in the end of the novel? How does Hunter feel about the gathering?
3. What happens when Nikki sees Hunter being flirted with by fans in the novel? What advice does Montana give Hunter?
4. What stops Hunter from taking the pills at the "pharm party" in the novel? When does he take them?
5. Why is Nikki upset about her family in the beginning of the novel? How does Hunter relate?
6. What are the first days of Summer and Kyle's journey like in the novel? How do they get into a car accident?
7. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
8. How does Summer feel about her decision to run away from her foster home in the novel? Why?
9. What is Autumn's journey like in the last section of the novel? Where does she first see snow?
10. Where do Summer and Kyle go after running away in the novel? What are their plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Autumn's relationship with her father after they have first met. How does Trey's presence inspire Autumn to meet her mother? Is this meeting a positive or negative thing for Autumn's development? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of sexual abuse in the novel. Which characters have been abused and by whom? Who is to blame for the abuse that Kristina's children have suffered and why? In what ways did Kristina herself face sexual abuse?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Summer's relationships with Ashante and Erica in the novel. How long does Summer live in the foster home with these girls? What leads up to Summer's violent confrontation with Erica? Who breaks up the confrontation and what is its effect on the family?
This section contains 1,687 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)