|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of Kristina's three eldest children, who is the one who sees both her mother and father regularly in the beginning of the novel?
2. What is the name of Autumn's father?
3. How many children does Kristina have?
4. What new boy in Autumn's class seems interested in her?
5. Brendan is a veteran of what war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Autumn's childhood affected her current romantic relationship in the novel?
2. What leads up to Summer's confrontation with Erica in the novel? How do Matt and Kyle react to this confrontation?
3. What happens when Nikki sees Hunter being flirted with by fans in the novel? What advice does Montana give Hunter?
4. Describe the stylistic elements of Fallout. How is the novel divided into sections? What effect does the style have on the reader?
5. Describe Autumn's childhood and family life in the novel. Where does she live and with whom?
6. What are the causes of Autumn's anxiety and insecurity leading up to Thanksgiving in the novel?
7. What upsets Autumn about her aunt's evolving relationship with Liam in the novel?
8. Who has abused Summer's young foster sister Ashante in the novel? How does Summer discover this fact?
9. What leads up to Autumn's first kiss in the novel? What causes her anxiety before this event?
10. How do Hunter's insecurities about his family impact his current relationship in the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Brendan in the narrative. What does Hunter realize about Brendan when he finally confronts him? How does this discovery change Hunter's perception of his history and himself in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the differences between Summer's childhood and relationship with her parents from those of her siblings. How has Summer's exposure to her parents affected her interpersonal relationships with others? How does Summer feel about each of her parents?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Summer's relationships with Ashante and Erica in the novel. How long does Summer live in the foster home with these girls? What leads up to Summer's violent confrontation with Erica? Who breaks up the confrontation and what is its effect on the family?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)