|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Autumn's middle name?
2. What does Fallout number in the Crank series?
3. Where does Hunter attend college?
4. What is the name of the foster sister who has abused Ashante in the novel?
5. Kristina's mother flies to __________ to care for Kristina after she is beat up by her boyfriend.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nikki upset about her family in the beginning of the novel? How does Hunter relate?
2. Describe Autumn's childhood and family life in the novel. Where does she live and with whom?
3. Describe the character of Kristina Snow Shepherd. What is Kristina's history in the Crank series? How is Kristina viewed by her children?
4. What leads up to Summer's confrontation with Erica in the novel? How do Matt and Kyle react to this confrontation?
5. Describe Summer's family and living arrangements in the beginning of the novel. What separated Summer from her father?
6. What upsets Autumn about her aunt's evolving relationship with Liam in the novel?
7. Where is Hunter working when he is first approached and flirted with by fans in the novel?
8. What does Autumn know about her biological parents in the beginning of the novel?
9. What leads up to Autumn's first kiss in the novel? What causes her anxiety before this event?
10. What are the causes of Autumn's anxiety and insecurity leading up to Thanksgiving in the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the cycle of addiction in the novel. In what ways are the sins of the parents revisited on Kristina's children? Who shows tendencies for chemical dependency in the novel and in what ways? What are the underlying causes for these tendencies?
Essay Topic 2
Describe, analyze and discuss the narrative structure of the novel. How is the novel nontraditional in its separation of chapters and in its narrative voice? Is the plot structure traditional or non-traditional? Where does the rising action in the novel take place? Where is the climax?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the effects of crank on Kristina's character. What characteristics does Kristina exhibit which are clearly results of her chemical abuse? How does Hunter respond to seeing his mother at Christmas, and how has their relationship been affected by Kristina's drug use?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)