|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Summer's father used to be a crank addict but now is simply what, in the beginning of the novel?
2. Whom does Hunter offer to move in with after problems arise with his mother?
3. How old is Autumn in the beginning of the novel?
4. Summer tells Kyle that she was raped by whom in the novel?
5. Who tells Hunter that he needs to separate himself from his on-air persona if he wants his relationship to work in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Summer feel about her father in the beginning of the novel? What is her relationship with her mother like?
2. Describe Summer's family and living arrangements in the beginning of the novel. What separated Summer from her father?
3. Why does Marie Haskins go to Las Vegas in the novel? What does Hunter learn has happened with his mother there?
4. Describe Autumn's childhood and family life in the novel. Where does she live and with whom?
5. Where is Hunter working when he is first approached and flirted with by fans in the novel?
6. How is Hunter's tendency toward infidelity illustrated as an addiction in the novel?
7. Who has abused Summer's young foster sister Ashante in the novel? How does Summer discover this fact?
8. What happens when Nikki sees Hunter being flirted with by fans in the novel? What advice does Montana give Hunter?
9. How is Hunter's character introduced in the novel? What is his family setting like? How does Hunter feel about his parents?
10. What leads up to Autumn's first kiss in the novel? What causes her anxiety before this event?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the dangers of pharmaceutical drug abuse and the trend of "pharm parties" in America. What risks does Hunter take by using unknown drugs on Thanksgiving? How does this reflect Hunter's unstable emotional state and the mistakes of his parents?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Summer's relationships with Ashante and Erica in the novel. How long does Summer live in the foster home with these girls? What leads up to Summer's violent confrontation with Erica? Who breaks up the confrontation and what is its effect on the family?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the effects of crank on Kristina's character. What characteristics does Kristina exhibit which are clearly results of her chemical abuse? How does Hunter respond to seeing his mother at Christmas, and how has their relationship been affected by Kristina's drug use?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)