|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Summer live when she is introduced in the novel?
2. What is the name of Autumn's aunt with whom she lives?
3. What is Autumn's middle name?
4. Who shares the foster home in which Summer lives in the beginning of the novel?
5. Scott became Kristina's stepfather when she was how old?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Autumn's relationship with her mother different than that of her other siblings? What impact does she see of her history in the end of the novel?
2. How has Autumn's childhood affected her current romantic relationship in the novel?
3. What is Hunter's reaction upon first seeing the man he believes to be his biological father in the novel? Where does this take place?
4. Who advises Hunter to let his obsession with his biological father go in the novel? What does he do instead?
5. What confrontations does Summer have with her mother and father after her father spends the weekend in jail in the novel?
6. What does Hunter learn from Brendan about his past in the novel? How has Brendan changed?
7. What happens after Nikki discovers Hunter's infidelity in the novel? Where does Hunter move?
8. What does Autumn know about her biological parents in the beginning of the novel?
9. What leads Autumn to begin drinking in the novel? Where does this first show to be a problem?
10. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Brendan in the narrative. What does Hunter realize about Brendan when he finally confronts him? How does this discovery change Hunter's perception of his history and himself in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the effects of crank on Kristina's character. What characteristics does Kristina exhibit which are clearly results of her chemical abuse? How does Hunter respond to seeing his mother at Christmas, and how has their relationship been affected by Kristina's drug use?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the impact of Kristina's actions on her mother, Marie Haskins, and her stepfather, Scott Haskins. In what ways has Marie defended and even enabled her daughter's harmful behavior? Why? How have Kristina's actions impacted her siblings?
This section contains 1,698 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)