|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Trey's sister who raises his daughter?
2. What are the names of Kristina's two youngest sons?
3. Where is Autumn's father in the beginning of the novel?
4. Who adopted Hunter in the novel?
5. Who tells Hunter that he needs to separate himself from his on-air persona if he wants his relationship to work in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Cora Shepherd in the novel. How did Autumn come into Cora's custody?
2. How is Hunter's tendency toward infidelity illustrated as an addiction in the novel?
3. Where is Hunter working when he is first approached and flirted with by fans in the novel?
4. Who does Summer first become intimate with in the novel? How is this event described?
5. What happens when Nikki sees Hunter being flirted with by fans in the novel? What advice does Montana give Hunter?
6. How does Summer feel about her father in the beginning of the novel? What is her relationship with her mother like?
7. What leads up to Summer's confrontation with Erica in the novel? How do Matt and Kyle react to this confrontation?
8. What are the causes of Autumn's anxiety and insecurity leading up to Thanksgiving in the novel?
9. Describe the character of Trey Shepherd. What was Trey's relationship with Kristina like?
10. Describe Autumn's emotional status in the beginning of the novel. What is the cause of Autumn's feelings of isolation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the theme of teenage pregnancy in the novel. How old was Kristina when she first gave birth? How is teenage pregnancy foreshadowed in both of Kristina's daughters in the narrative? How is teenage pregnancy related to the theme of responsibility?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the dangers of pharmaceutical drug abuse and the trend of "pharm parties" in America. What risks does Hunter take by using unknown drugs on Thanksgiving? How does this reflect Hunter's unstable emotional state and the mistakes of his parents?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Summer's relationships with Ashante and Erica in the novel. How long does Summer live in the foster home with these girls? What leads up to Summer's violent confrontation with Erica? Who breaks up the confrontation and what is its effect on the family?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)