|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kristina's biological mother?
2. Kristina's mother flies to __________ to care for Kristina after she is beat up by her boyfriend.
3. What is the name of Hunter's girlfriend?
4. What refers to the existing order of things; present customs, practices, and power relations?
5. Aunt Cora has recently begun classes to become what in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marie Haskins go to Las Vegas in the novel? What does Hunter learn has happened with his mother there?
2. Describe Autumn's emotional status in the beginning of the novel. What is the cause of Autumn's feelings of isolation?
3. What does Autumn know about her biological parents in the beginning of the novel?
4. What upsets Autumn about her aunt's evolving relationship with Liam in the novel?
5. What are the causes of Autumn's anxiety and insecurity leading up to Thanksgiving in the novel?
6. How is Hunter's tendency toward infidelity illustrated as an addiction in the novel?
7. Describe the character of Kristina Snow Shepherd. What is Kristina's history in the Crank series? How is Kristina viewed by her children?
8. How do Hunter's insecurities about his family impact his current relationship in the novel?
9. Who does Summer first become intimate with in the novel? How is this event described?
10. How does Summer feel about her father in the beginning of the novel? What is her relationship with her mother like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and discuss the motif of journeys in the novel. What characters take a physical journey during the holidays? What does each of these journeys represent symbolically and psychologically for the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Autumn's relationship with her father after they have first met. How does Trey's presence inspire Autumn to meet her mother? Is this meeting a positive or negative thing for Autumn's development? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the cycle of addiction in the novel. In what ways are the sins of the parents revisited on Kristina's children? Who shows tendencies for chemical dependency in the novel and in what ways? What are the underlying causes for these tendencies?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)