|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the police find a significant amount of while searching for Ron?
(c) Crystal meth.
2. What is the name of Trey's sister who raises his daughter?
3. How many children does Kristina have?
4. Who shares the foster home in which Summer lives in the beginning of the novel?
(a) 1 boy.
(b) 2 girls.
(c) 3 boys.
(d) 4 girls.
5. Hunter's mother claims that his father _________.
(a) Shot a policeman.
(b) Bombed a building.
(c) Raped her.
(d) Entered the priesthood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of Kristina's three eldest children, who is the one who sees both her mother and father regularly in the beginning of the novel?
2. What means continuance without change; permanence?
3. Summer tells Kyle that she was raped by whom in the novel?
4. Who took custody of Autumn when she was only seventeen?
5. Who learns that his father is upset because Kristina has been in contact about another of her schemes in the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom is Summer having a relationship in the beginning of the novel? How does she feel about her boyfriend?
2. What leads up to Summer's confrontation with Erica in the novel? How do Matt and Kyle react to this confrontation?
3. How does Summer feel about her father in the beginning of the novel? What is her relationship with her mother like?
4. Why does Marie Haskins go to Las Vegas in the novel? What does Hunter learn has happened with his mother there?
5. What leads up to Autumn's first kiss in the novel? What causes her anxiety before this event?
6. Describe Autumn's childhood and family life in the novel. Where does she live and with whom?
7. Describe Autumn's emotional status in the beginning of the novel. What is the cause of Autumn's feelings of isolation?
8. Describe the character of Trey Shepherd. What was Trey's relationship with Kristina like?
9. Describe Summer's family and living arrangements in the beginning of the novel. What separated Summer from her father?
10. Why is Nikki upset about her family in the beginning of the novel? How does Hunter relate?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)