|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nikki is upset because her parents are _________ in the beginning of the novel.
(a) Adopting a son.
(b) Moving to Portland.
(d) Moving to Canada.
2. Summer's father used to be a crank addict but now is simply what, in the beginning of the novel?
(a) A banker.
(b) An alcoholic.
(c) A junkie.
(d) A veteran.
3. What is the name of Summer's boyfriend?
4. Who shares the foster home in which Summer lives in the beginning of the novel?
(a) 3 boys.
(b) 4 girls.
(c) 1 boy.
(d) 2 girls.
5. What does Fallout number in the Crank series?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took custody of Autumn when she was only seventeen?
2. What is the name of the radio station where Hunter works as an on-air personality?
3. Summer tells Kyle that she was raped by whom in the novel?
4. Kristina's mother flies to __________ to care for Kristina after she is beat up by her boyfriend.
5. In California, Fresno is the county seat of __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the day of Cora's wedding in the novel. Who arrives and what confrontations take place?
2. What are Summer's experiences with each of her parents like on Thanksgiving in the novel? What does she discover about her family?
3. Where does Summer learn she will be going to stay with a new foster family after her dad spends a weekend in jail in the novel? What concerns does Summer have about the situation?
4. Where does Autumn spend Thanksgiving dinner in the novel? How does she feel about this setting?
5. What is Autumn's journey like in the last section of the novel? Where does she first see snow?
6. Who does Summer first become intimate with in the novel? How is this event described?
7. Describe the character of Kristina Snow Shepherd. What is Kristina's history in the Crank series? How is Kristina viewed by her children?
8. In what ways have Kristina's children suffered due to her addiction? How is the suffering of the older children different than that of the youngest?
9. Whom does Hunter move in with after leaving his parents' house in the novel? Why? What party does Hunter attend at this time?
10. What encounter does Hunter have at the Sparks Hometown Christmas Parade in the novel? Who advises him against his actions?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)