|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hunter has a radio remote show from the game between UNR and what team in the novel?
(a) Stanford University.
(b) Boise State.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Texas A&M.
2. What means continuance without change; permanence?
3. What is Autumn's middle name?
4. What character in the novel turns to alcohol to help her through the emotional turmoil of her aunt's wedding and apparent abandonment?
5. Who shares the foster home in which Summer lives in the beginning of the novel?
(a) 4 girls.
(b) 3 boys.
(c) 1 boy.
(d) 2 girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. The San Joaquin Valley extends from the Sacramento - San Joaquin River Delta in the north to ________ in the south.
2. What is the name of Cora's teacher?
3. How old is Autumn in the beginning of the novel?
4. The name Fresno is Spanish for what word?
5. Where is Autumn's father in the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nikki sees Hunter being flirted with by fans in the novel? What advice does Montana give Hunter?
2. Describe the character of Cora Shepherd in the novel. How did Autumn come into Cora's custody?
3. With whom is Summer having a relationship in the beginning of the novel? How does she feel about her boyfriend?
4. How is Hunter's character introduced in the novel? What is his family setting like? How does Hunter feel about his parents?
5. What leads up to Autumn's first kiss in the novel? What causes her anxiety before this event?
6. Why is Nikki upset about her family in the beginning of the novel? How does Hunter relate?
7. Describe the character of Trey Shepherd. What was Trey's relationship with Kristina like?
8. What are the causes of Autumn's anxiety and insecurity leading up to Thanksgiving in the novel?
9. How does Summer feel about her father in the beginning of the novel? What is her relationship with her mother like?
10. Describe Autumn's childhood and family life in the novel. Where does she live and with whom?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)