|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose mother in the novel died while driving under the influence?
2. Who is sympathetic to Summer's ordeal and the cut on her face?
3. What is the name of Summer's boyfriend?
4. Who is Kristina's oldest child?
5. The name Fresno is Spanish for what word?
(a) Flowing waters.
(b) The ash tree.
(c) Strong sun.
(d) Dry land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hunter is scarred by the fact that his father did what in the novel?
2. Summer tells Kyle that she was raped by whom in the novel?
3. What are the names of Kristina's two youngest sons?
4. What is the name of Trey Shepherd's sister?
5. What is the name of Autumn's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Autumn know about her biological parents in the beginning of the novel?
2. Describe the character of Kristina Snow Shepherd. What is Kristina's history in the Crank series? How is Kristina viewed by her children?
3. How do Hunter's insecurities about his family impact his current relationship in the novel?
4. Describe Autumn's emotional status in the beginning of the novel. What is the cause of Autumn's feelings of isolation?
5. With whom is Summer having a relationship in the beginning of the novel? How does she feel about her boyfriend?
6. Describe the character of Cora Shepherd in the novel. How did Autumn come into Cora's custody?
7. How has Autumn's childhood affected her current romantic relationship in the novel?
8. Why does Marie Haskins go to Las Vegas in the novel? What does Hunter learn has happened with his mother there?
9. How is Hunter's character introduced in the novel? What is his family setting like? How does Hunter feel about his parents?
10. What leads up to Summer's confrontation with Erica in the novel? How do Matt and Kyle react to this confrontation?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)