|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The San Joaquin Valley extends from the Sacramento - San Joaquin River Delta in the north to ________ in the south.
(a) The Golden Trout Wilderness.
(b) The Tehachapi Mountains.
(c) Mt. Lassen.
(d) Monterey Bay.
2. What character in the novel is highly intelligent and enrolled in advanced academic classes in school?
3. Nikki is upset because her parents are _________ in the beginning of the novel.
(a) Adopting a son.
(b) Moving to Canada.
(c) Moving to Portland.
4. What character in the novel turns to alcohol to help her through the emotional turmoil of her aunt's wedding and apparent abandonment?
5. Who is Kristina's oldest child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Scott became Kristina's stepfather when she was how old?
2. Who shares the foster home in which Summer lives in the beginning of the novel?
3. In what city does Autumn live?
4. What is the name of the radio station where Hunter works as an on-air personality?
5. How old is Hunter in the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways have Kristina's children suffered due to her addiction? How is the suffering of the older children different than that of the youngest?
2. What happens when Nikki sees Hunter being flirted with by fans in the novel? What advice does Montana give Hunter?
3. What leads to the greatest increase in instability for Summer's character in the novel? How does she feel about her situation?
4. What is foreshadowed by Autumn's illness in the novel? Who suggests a potential cause for the illness?
5. What hope is seen in the end of the novel for Kristina's children? How have they grown?
6. Where does Autumn spend Thanksgiving dinner in the novel? How does she feel about this setting?
7. What upsets Autumn about her aunt's evolving relationship with Liam in the novel?
8. Where does Summer learn she will be going to stay with a new foster family after her dad spends a weekend in jail in the novel? What concerns does Summer have about the situation?
9. Why is Nikki upset about her family in the beginning of the novel? How does Hunter relate?
10. How is Hunter's tendency toward infidelity illustrated as an addiction in the novel?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)