|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kristina's stepfather?
2. All Autumn knows about her mother in the beginning of the novel is that she once used what drug?
3. Kristina's mother flies to __________ to care for Kristina after she is beat up by her boyfriend.
(b) Las Vegas.
4. In what city does Autumn live?
(a) Kansas City, Missouri.
(b) Helena, Montana.
(c) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(d) San Antonio, Texas.
5. What is Kristina's last name in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who adopted Hunter in the novel?
2. How old is Summer when she is introduced in the novel?
3. What is the name of Autumn's father?
4. How many children does Kristina have?
5. What means continuance without change; permanence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Summer's interaction with her grandfather like in the hospital on Christmas? What hope does Summer have?
2. What happens after Nikki discovers Hunter's infidelity in the novel? Where does Hunter move?
3. What does Hunter do in order to attempt to win Nikki back in the last section of the novel? What hopes does he have?
4. What are the first days of Summer and Kyle's journey like in the novel? How do they get into a car accident?
5. What is foreshadowed by Autumn's illness in the novel? Who suggests a potential cause for the illness?
6. What does Autumn know about her biological parents in the beginning of the novel?
7. What does Trey tell Autumn about her childhood when he arrives at Aunt Cora's house after the wedding? What does this inspire Autumn to do?
8. What leads up to Autumn's first kiss in the novel? What causes her anxiety before this event?
9. Who has abused Summer's young foster sister Ashante in the novel? How does Summer discover this fact?
10. Describe the character of Trey Shepherd. What was Trey's relationship with Kristina like?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)