|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Summer's father used to be a crank addict but now is simply what, in the beginning of the novel?
(a) A junkie.
(b) A veteran.
(c) An alcoholic.
(d) A banker.
2. What refers to the existing order of things; present customs, practices, and power relations?
(a) Status quo.
3. Who shares the foster home in which Summer lives in the beginning of the novel?
(a) 1 boy.
(b) 2 girls.
(c) 4 girls.
(d) 3 boys.
4. Kristina was first introduced to crank while visiting whom?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
5. Who took custody of Autumn when she was only seventeen?
(a) Trey Shepherd.
(b) Cora Shepherd.
(c) Kristina Snow.
(d) Marie Haskins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kristina's oldest child?
2. What is the name of Autumn's father?
3. What does Fallout number in the Crank series?
4. How old is Ashante in the novel?
5. What is Autumn's father in prison for in the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Summer's family and living arrangements in the beginning of the novel. What separated Summer from her father?
2. What does Autumn know about her biological parents in the beginning of the novel?
3. What is the reader left wondering after Hunter's first interaction with his potential biological father in the novel?
4. Where do Summer and Kyle go after running away in the novel? What are their plans?
5. In what ways does Hunter struggle with his mother's addiction in the novel? How is Summer's struggle similar?
6. Who does Summer first become intimate with in the novel? How is this event described?
7. How do Hunter's insecurities about his family impact his current relationship in the novel?
8. What risks does Autumn take in her first sexual encounter in the novel? What has led to this behavior?
9. What leads up to Summer's confrontation with Erica in the novel? How do Matt and Kyle react to this confrontation?
10. How is Hunter's character introduced in the novel? What is his family setting like? How does Hunter feel about his parents?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)