|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The San Joaquin Valley extends from the Sacramento - San Joaquin River Delta in the north to ________ in the south.
(a) The Golden Trout Wilderness.
(b) Mt. Lassen.
(c) Monterey Bay.
(d) The Tehachapi Mountains.
2. Trey is released from prison shortly before what holiday?
(c) Flag Day.
3. What is Autumn's father in prison for in the beginning of the novel?
(b) Drug trafficing.
(c) Assault with a deadly weapon.
(d) Grand theft auto.
4. How many children does Kristina have?
5. Scott became Kristina's stepfather when she was how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ashante in the novel?
2. Hunter's mother claims that his father _________.
3. Hunter has a radio remote show from the game between UNR and what team in the novel?
4. Brendan is a veteran of what war?
5. Who is distant and openly disgusted to Summer's ordeal and the cut on her face?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Hunter's tendency toward infidelity illustrated as an addiction in the novel?
2. What upsets Autumn about her aunt's evolving relationship with Liam in the novel?
3. What leads up to Summer's confrontation with Erica in the novel? How do Matt and Kyle react to this confrontation?
4. Describe the character of Cora Shepherd in the novel. How did Autumn come into Cora's custody?
5. Who does Summer first become intimate with in the novel? How is this event described?
6. How has Autumn's childhood affected her current romantic relationship in the novel?
7. How do Hunter's insecurities about his family impact his current relationship in the novel?
8. How is Hunter's character introduced in the novel? What is his family setting like? How does Hunter feel about his parents?
9. Describe the character of Trey Shepherd. What was Trey's relationship with Kristina like?
10. Who has abused Summer's young foster sister Ashante in the novel? How does Summer discover this fact?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)