|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kristina's mother flies to __________ to care for Kristina after she is beat up by her boyfriend.
(a) Las Vegas.
2. Hunter's mother claims that his father _________.
(a) Shot a policeman.
(b) Raped her.
(c) Bombed a building.
(d) Entered the priesthood.
3. Brendan is a veteran of what war?
(a) United States and Mexico.
(b) United States and Iraq.
(c) United States and Vietnam.
(d) United States and Afghanistan.
4. What is the name of Autumn's aunt with whom she lives?
5. Where does Hunter attend college?
(a) University of Nevada, Reno.
(b) Evergreen State.
(c) Loyola University.
(d) Cal State Berkeley.
6. Whose mother in the novel died while driving under the influence?
7. Summer's father used to be a crank addict but now is simply what, in the beginning of the novel?
(a) An alcoholic.
(b) A junkie.
(c) A veteran.
(d) A banker.
8. What is Autumn's father in prison for in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Assault with a deadly weapon.
(b) Grand theft auto.
(d) Drug trafficing.
9. Who shares the foster home in which Summer lives in the beginning of the novel?
(a) 3 boys.
(b) 2 girls.
(c) 1 boy.
(d) 4 girls.
10. What is the name of the foster sister who has abused Ashante in the novel?
11. How old is Summer when she is introduced in the novel?
12. What is the name of Trey Shepherd's sister?
13. What does OCD stand for?
(a) Obesity Complex Disorder.
(b) Obtuse Cardiac Disease.
(c) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
(d) Oral Cancer Disease.
14. How many children does Kristina have?
15. What refers to the existing order of things; present customs, practices, and power relations?
(a) Status quo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Kristina's two youngest sons?
2. What is Summer's middle name?
3. What is the name of the foster-mother Summer has in the beginning of the novel?
4. Who adopted Hunter in the novel?
5. How old is Ashante in the novel?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)