|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kristina's stepfather?
2. What is the name of the foster-mother Summer has in the beginning of the novel?
3. What is Summer's middle name?
4. What is the name of Kristina's biological mother?
(a) Marie Haskins.
(b) Cora Shepherd.
(c) Cythia Randolph.
(d) Autumn Shepherd.
5. Who is Kristina's second child?
6. What word refers to any person or animal that is generally despised or avoided?
7. What means continuance without change; permanence?
8. Whom does Hunter offer to move in with after problems arise with his mother?
9. Who is distant and openly disgusted to Summer's ordeal and the cut on her face?
10. What refers to the existing order of things; present customs, practices, and power relations?
(c) Status quo.
11. In what city does Autumn live?
(a) Helena, Montana.
(b) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(c) Kansas City, Missouri.
(d) San Antonio, Texas.
12. What character in the novel turns to alcohol to help her through the emotional turmoil of her aunt's wedding and apparent abandonment?
13. Where does Hunter attend college?
(a) Loyola University.
(b) Evergreen State.
(c) University of Nevada, Reno.
(d) Cal State Berkeley.
14. Scott became Kristina's stepfather when she was how old?
15. Summer suffered abuse at the hands of her father's girlfriend named what when she was just a small child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the foster sister who has abused Ashante in the novel?
2. What are the names of Kristina's two youngest sons?
3. What is Autumn's middle name?
4. Hunter's mother claims that his father _________.
5. Aunt Cora has recently begun classes to become what in the novel?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)