|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Autumn in the beginning of the novel?
2. What is the name of the radio station where Hunter works as an on-air personality?
(a) The Y Factor.
(b) The X.
(c) The Razor.
(d) Prison Underground.
3. What are the names of Kristina's two youngest sons?
(a) Donald and David.
(b) Bert and Brett.
(c) Roger and Ralph.
(d) John and Jack.
4. How old is Ashante in the novel?
5. Where does Summer live when she is introduced in the novel?
6. What is the name of Trey's sister who raises his daughter?
7. In what city does Autumn live?
(a) Kansas City, Missouri.
(b) Helena, Montana.
(c) San Antonio, Texas.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
8. Summer's father used to be a crank addict but now is simply what, in the beginning of the novel?
(a) A veteran.
(b) A banker.
(c) An alcoholic.
(d) A junkie.
9. The name Fresno is Spanish for what word?
(a) Strong sun.
(b) The ash tree.
(c) Flowing waters.
(d) Dry land.
10. Hunter is scarred by the fact that his father did what in the novel?
(a) Raped his mother.
(b) Killed his brother.
(c) Killed his mother.
(d) Bombed the World Trade Center.
11. Who adopted Hunter in the novel?
(a) His second-cousins.
(b) His paternal grandparents.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His maternal granparents.
12. What refers to the existing order of things; present customs, practices, and power relations?
(d) Status quo.
13. All Autumn knows about her mother in the beginning of the novel is that she once used what drug?
14. Nikki is upset because her parents are _________ in the beginning of the novel.
(a) Adopting a son.
(b) Moving to Portland.
(c) Moving to Canada.
15. Who takes custody of Kristina's youngest two children in the novel?
(a) Marie Haskins.
(b) Autumn Shepherd.
(c) Summer Kenwood.
(d) Hunter Seth Haskins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character in the novel is highly intelligent and enrolled in advanced academic classes in school?
2. What word refers to any person or animal that is generally despised or avoided?
3. Whose mother in the novel died while driving under the influence?
4. How old is Hunter in the beginning of the novel?
5. With what personality at the radio station is Hunter is forced to do the show with early in the novel?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)