|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of Lily's afflicted body does Mercedes hope will be healed in Lourdes?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her spine.
(d) Her leg.
2. How old is Frances's baby when he dies?
(a) One month.
(b) One day.
(c) One year.
(d) One week.
3. What does Frances attempt to purchase from Leo Taylor while wearing her Girl Scout uniform?
4. How far along is Frances when her pregnancy begins to show?
(a) Five months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Four months.
5. What ailment affects Teresa Taylor's husband Hector?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is crippled.
(d) He is epileptic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of her father's clothing items did Rose frequently wear to feel close to him?
2. Who does Mr. Mahmoud blame for the stolen items in his house?
3. Which New York borough most captured Kathleen's imagination?
4. What does Lily demand when business picks up at the speakeasy?
5. Why didn't Mercedes want Frances to raise her own son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rose and Kathleen fall in love?
2. How did Lily react when she met Rose for the first time?
3. Who is Jeanne?
4. How does Lily believe Frances was impregnated?
5. What light does Rose shed on the real father of Kathleen's babies?
6. How does the Piper family react to the news that Frances has a job?
7. What story does Frances tell Lily that causes her to pass out in a cave?
8. How does Frances feel about school?
9. How does Frances spy on Leo Taylor?
10. What happens to Francess' baby shortly after its birth?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)