|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of Lily's afflicted body does Mercedes hope will be healed in Lourdes?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her spine.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her leg.
2. How long does it take Lily to reach New York from New Waterford?
(a) 37 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 28 days.
(d) 19 days.
3. Who does Mr. Mahmoud blame for the stolen items in his house?
(a) He does not notice anything is missing.
(b) Teresa Taylor.
(c) Frances Piper.
(d) Mrs. Mahmoud.
4. How does Camille react when she meets her niece Frances for the first time?
(a) She ignores Frances completely.
(b) She bursts into tears.
(c) She embraces her.
(d) She verbally abuses her.
5. Where does Mercedes pray?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the coal cellar.
(d) In her bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What persona does Frances take on while working for her Uncle Jameel?
2. Why didn't Mercedes want Frances to raise her own son?
3. Where is Lily supposed to be on the day Frances drags her into the cave?
4. Who does Mercedes believe is the cause of the family's pain and suffering?
5. Who shoots Frances?
Short Essay Questions
1. What truth does Frances finally reveal to Lily before she leaves for Mabou to give birth?
2. What happens to Francess' baby shortly after its birth?
3. How did Rose and Kathleen fall in love?
4. How did Lily react when she met Rose for the first time?
5. What light does Rose shed on the real father of Kathleen's babies?
6. Who is Jeanne?
7. What happens to Mercedes after her high school graduation?
8. How does Mercedes feel about school?
9. What leads Mercedes to believe Lily is a saint?
10. Who is Ginger?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)