|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which flag does Lily carry when she marches in the Armistice Day Parade?
(a) The French Flag.
(b) The Nova Scotian Flag.
(c) The American Flag.
(d) The Canadian Flag.
2. What does Lily demand when business picks up at the speakeasy?
(a) A higher raise.
(b) All of the answers are true.
(c) A new piano.
(d) Half of the door-fees.
3. Who send James Piper the anonymous note informing him of Kathleen's relationship with Rose?
4. Why doesn't James want to remember Armistice Day?
(a) Because it reminds him of the horrors of war.
(b) Because it is the day his wife died.
(c) Because it is the day he went searching for Kathleen.
(d) Because it is the day he sent Kathleen off to live in New York.
5. How long does it take Lily to reach New York from New Waterford?
(a) 28 days.
(b) 37 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 19 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots Frances?
2. What school offers Mercedes a full scholarship to attend their University?
3. Which part of Lily's afflicted body does Mercedes hope will be healed in Lourdes?
4. How far along is Frances when her pregnancy begins to show?
5. Why won't James let Frances drop out of school like she wants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mercedes after her high school graduation?
2. How does Frances seduce Leo Taylor?
3. How does Frances spy on Leo Taylor?
4. How did Rose and Kathleen fall in love?
5. What leads Mercedes to believe Lily is a saint?
6. How does Lily believe Frances was impregnated?
7. What story does Frances tell Lily that causes her to pass out in a cave?
8. What happens to Francess' baby shortly after its birth?
9. How does Boutros die?
10. How does the Piper family react to the news that Frances has a job?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)