|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Mercedes want Frances to raise her own son?
(a) Because she was jealous of Frances's ability to be a mother.
(b) Because she didn't think Frances was mature enough.
(c) Because she didn't think Frances was capable of love.
(d) Because she didn't want Frances raising a mixed race child.
2. Why is Frances expelled from school?
(a) For missing too many days of school.
(b) For cheating on an exam.
(c) For assaulting a fellow school mate.
(d) For vandalizing school property.
3. Where does Mercedes place a photograph of Kathleen, much to James's anger?
(a) In her locket.
(b) On top of the piano.
(c) Above the crucifix.
(d) In the family photo album.
4. Who does Mercedes believe is the cause of the family's pain and suffering?
5. Who kisses Mercedes on the lips after her graduation?
(a) Pete the Scarecrow.
(b) Ralph Luvovitz.
(c) Mr. Mahmoud.
(d) James Piper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't James want to remember Armistice Day?
2. How does Lily react when she meets Rose for the first time?
3. Where does Mercedes pray?
4. What does Frances claim is the only thing she wanted from Leo?
5. What does Frances name her son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What light does Rose shed on the real father of Kathleen's babies?
2. What truth does Frances finally reveal to Lily before she leaves for Mabou to give birth?
3. How does Frances feel about school?
4. What story does Frances tell Lily that causes her to pass out in a cave?
5. How does Frances seduce Leo Taylor?
6. How did Rose and Kathleen fall in love?
7. What job does Frances get after running away from home?
8. Who is Ginger?
9. How does Frances spy on Leo Taylor?
10. How does Boutros die?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)