|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items is NOT something Lily takes with her from the hope chest when she runs away from home?
(a) Her father's pocketwatch.
(b) All of Lily's money.
(c) Her mother's diary.
(d) Her mother's green dress.
2. Which of the following medical ailments does James suffer from, after he learns of Frances's pregnancy?
(a) A coronary.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A stroke.
(d) A seizure.
3. Who does Frances claim is the devil?
4. How old was Frances's son when he met Mercedes for the first time?
(a) Twelve years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Six years old.
5. Which flag does Lily carry when she marches in the Armistice Day Parade?
(a) The Nova Scotian Flag.
(b) The French Flag.
(c) The Canadian Flag.
(d) The American Flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frances suspect is the father of Kathleen's children?
2. Why does Mercedes turn down her university scholarship?
3. How does Adelaide Taylor feel about Frances?
4. Who does Frances claim is Lily's real father?
5. What does Frances name her son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job does Frances get after running away from home?
2. How does Frances seduce Leo Taylor?
3. How does Boutros die?
4. Who is Ginger?
5. How does Frances spy on Leo Taylor?
6. How does Lily believe Frances was impregnated?
7. How does Frances feel about school?
8. Why is Teresa Taylor fired from her job?
9. How does the Piper family react to the news that Frances has a job?
10. How does Mercedes feel about school?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)