|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Lily the truth that Kathleen is her mother?
(b) Lily discovers the truth on her own.
2. Which part of Lily's afflicted body does Mercedes hope will be healed in Lourdes?
(a) Her leg.
(b) Her spine.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her eyes.
3. What is the name of the school Frances attends?
(a) Mount Chocolate.
(b) Mount Caramel.
(c) Mount Coco.
(d) Mount Cherry.
4. Who does Mr. Mahmoud blame for the stolen items in his house?
(a) Mrs. Mahmoud.
(b) Frances Piper.
(c) Teresa Taylor.
(d) He does not notice anything is missing.
5. Why doesn't James want to remember Armistice Day?
(a) Because it is the day his wife died.
(b) Because it is the day he went searching for Kathleen.
(c) Because it reminds him of the horrors of war.
(d) Because it is the day he sent Kathleen off to live in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which New York borough most captured Kathleen's imagination?
2. What persona does Frances take on while working for her Uncle Jameel?
3. How does Lily react when she meets Rose for the first time?
4. At which famous New York building did Herr Blutwurst arrange for Kathleen to have an audition?
5. Where does Mercedes place a photograph of Kathleen, much to James's anger?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)