|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lily supposed to be on the day Frances drags her into the cave?
(a) The doctor's office.
(d) Girl Scouts.
2. At which famous New York building did Herr Blutwurst arrange for Kathleen to have an audition?
(a) At the Church of the Messiah.
(b) At the Metropolitan Opera.
(c) At the Grand Symphonic Orchestra.
(d) At the Olympia Theatre.
3. Who tells Lily the truth that Kathleen is her mother?
(d) Lily discovers the truth on her own.
4. What is Leo Taylor's nickname?
(b) Leo the Lion.
5. Who does Frances claim is Lily's real father?
(a) She claims no one knows who Lily's father is.
(b) A black neighbor.
(d) The milkman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mercedes believe is the cause of the family's pain and suffering?
2. Who send James Piper the anonymous note informing him of Kathleen's relationship with Rose?
3. What does Frances name her son?
4. What does Frances steal from the Mahmoud household when she breaks in?
5. Who shoots Frances?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frances feel about school?
2. Why is Teresa Taylor fired from her job?
3. How did Rose and Kathleen fall in love?
4. How does Frances react to her pregnancy?
5. How does the Piper family react to the news that Frances has a job?
6. How does Frances spy on Leo Taylor?
7. What happens to Francess' baby shortly after its birth?
8. What light does Rose shed on the real father of Kathleen's babies?
9. How does Mercedes feel about school?
10. What job does Frances get after running away from home?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)