|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frances name her son?
2. What ailment affects Teresa Taylor's husband Hector?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is epileptic.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is crippled.
3. Which New York borough most captured Kathleen's imagination?
4. What does Frances plan to do with her earnings from working for her Uncle Jameel?
(a) Buy herself a new car.
(b) Run away to New York.
(c) She has no plans for the money.
(d) Give them to Lily.
5. Who is the true father of Kathleen's children?
(a) James Piper.
(b) Doc Rose.
(c) Benny Luvovitz.
(d) Leo Taylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of Lily's afflicted body does Mercedes hope will be healed in Lourdes?
2. What type of business does Uncle Jameel own?
3. What is the name of the school Frances attends?
4. Why is Frances expelled from school?
5. What school offers Mercedes a full scholarship to attend their University?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Piper family react to the news that Frances has a job?
2. What truth does Frances finally reveal to Lily before she leaves for Mabou to give birth?
3. Why is Teresa Taylor fired from her job?
4. What happens to Francess' baby shortly after its birth?
5. What leads Mercedes to believe Lily is a saint?
6. How does Frances feel about school?
7. How does Boutros die?
8. What story does Frances tell Lily that causes her to pass out in a cave?
9. Who is Jeanne?
10. How does Lily believe Frances was impregnated?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)