|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mercedes rename Frances's son?
2. Where does Mercedes pray?
(a) In her bedroom.
(b) In the coal cellar.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the attic.
3. Which New York borough most captured Kathleen's imagination?
4. Who is the true father of Kathleen's children?
(a) Leo Taylor.
(b) James Piper.
(c) Benny Luvovitz.
(d) Doc Rose.
5. How does Adelaide Taylor feel about Frances?
(a) She does not know who she is.
(b) She is apathetic to her.
(c) She cherishes her as her own daughter.
(d) She does not trust her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frances plan to do with her earnings from working for her Uncle Jameel?
2. Why is Frances expelled from school?
3. In the first few weeks of working for her Uncle Jameel, what is Frances NOT expected to do?
4. How does Camille react when she meets her niece Frances for the first time?
5. Who does Mr. Mahmoud blame for the stolen items in his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frances feel about school?
2. How does Frances spy on Leo Taylor?
3. What happens to Mercedes after her high school graduation?
4. What story does Frances tell Lily that causes her to pass out in a cave?
5. Who is Ginger?
6. What leads Mercedes to believe Lily is a saint?
7. How does Lily believe Frances was impregnated?
8. What happens to Francess' baby shortly after its birth?
9. How does Frances seduce Leo Taylor?
10. How did Rose and Kathleen fall in love?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)