|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens moments before Lily passes out in the cave?
(a) She wets her pants.
(b) She begins convulsing.
(c) She cries out to the Heavens.
(d) She speaks in tongues.
2. At which famous New York building did Herr Blutwurst arrange for Kathleen to have an audition?
(a) At the Metropolitan Opera.
(b) At the Grand Symphonic Orchestra.
(c) At the Church of the Messiah.
(d) At the Olympia Theatre.
3. How does Frances's baby die?
(a) He dies in his sleep.
(b) He suffers from infant polio.
(c) He drowns in the creek.
(d) He is poisoned.
4. What is Leo Taylor's nickname?
(a) Leo the Lion.
5. Where does Mercedes pray?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In the coal cellar.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In her bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far along is Frances when her pregnancy begins to show?
2. Who is the true father of Kathleen's children?
3. Where was Kathleen's lover David going to be sent during the war?
4. What school offers Mercedes a full scholarship to attend their University?
5. How does Mercedes react when she learns her father is ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Frances tell Lily that causes her to pass out in a cave?
2. How did Rose and Kathleen fall in love?
3. How does Frances react to her pregnancy?
4. What truth does Frances finally reveal to Lily before she leaves for Mabou to give birth?
5. How does Frances spy on Leo Taylor?
6. How does Frances seduce Leo Taylor?
7. How does Boutros die?
8. Why is Teresa Taylor fired from her job?
9. What happens to Mercedes after her high school graduation?
10. How does Mercedes feel about school?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)