|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Mrs. Lubovitz's sons are killed in the war?
2. Which of the following is NOT a movie star the Piper girls idolize?
(a) Douglas Fairbanks.
(b) Lillian Gish.
(c) Rudolph Valentino.
(d) Bernadette Lewis.
3. Who does James borrow money from to jump start his new business?
(a) Leo Taylor.
(b) Benny Luvovitz.
(c) Teresa Taylor.
(d) Mr. Mahmoud.
4. Who names the new baby Ambrose?
5. How does Kathleen's accompanist feel about Kathleen's voice?
(a) She thinks it is often flat.
(b) She thinks it is angelic and perfect.
(c) She thinks it is often sharp.
(d) She thinks it is a lost cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after receiving the mysterious note, does James arrive in Grand Central Station to bring Kathleen home?
2. How many children does Kathleen claim to want to have when she is older?
3. What is strange about James's reaction to Kathleen striking the piano keys?
4. Where does James lock up Materia, after discovering Kathleen's dead body?
5. When Mercedes isn't taking care of the house, what does she like to do in her free time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of Kathleen's photo shoot in the days after her first singing recital?
2. What deal does Materia make with "the demon" to protect her second born daughter Mercedes?
3. How does Materia respond to her first pregnancy?
4. What job does Materia get to help pay for Kathleen's private education?
5. What is the difference between Other Lily and baby Ambrose, both who died in infancy?
6. How does Mumma die?
7. How does Kathleen treat her younger sisters when no one else is around?
8. What story does Frances tell Lily about the christening gown?
9. What is James's job in battle, and how does he manage to survive?
10. How does James adjust to life at home with Kathleen living in New York?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)