|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After James moved away from home, where did he settle?
2. What thing could Kathleen do before she could talk?
3. How does Kathleen react when her father is deployed overseas?
(a) She stops playing the piano.
(b) She stops praying.
(c) She stops eating.
(d) She stops singing.
4. Where does James sell his barrels of bootleg liquor?
(a) Cape Breton.
5. When Mercedes walks out into the yard after Kathleen's death, what is missing from the garden?
(a) All the flowers.
(b) The headstone.
(c) The family tree.
(d) The scarecrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Piper family members create a family tree to show the generations who lived before them?
2. Which family member found Materia after her apparent suicide?
3. What type of man does Kathleen want to marry when she grows up?
4. Which of the following is NOT an object Frances proposed using as rosary beads when a proper rosary wasn't present?
5. How old was James when his father moved out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Luvovitz?
2. What does James do for a living?
3. What film stars do the Piper girls idolize?
4. What is the response to Kathleen's first public singing recital?
5. How does Kathleen treat her younger sisters when no one else is around?
6. What does Mercedes say one could use as rosary beads in case a proper rosary wasn't available?
7. What is the last thing Kathleen sees before she dies?
8. What story does Frances tell Lily about the christening gown?
9. What is James obsessed with during his deployment, and how does that fuel his future upon returning home?
10. What terrible decision is Materia forced into when she helps her daughter Kathleen give birth to twins?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)