|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After James moved away from home, where did he settle?
2. What is the name of the street the Piper family lives on?
(a) Water Street.
(b) Earth Street.
(c) Fire Street.
(d) Wind Street.
3. What is the last thing Kathleen sees before she dies?
(a) A bat.
(b) A bright light.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A scarecrow.
4. What religion does Materia follow?
(d) Materia is not religious.
5. What does Mrs. Luvovitz sell by the roadside?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Frye family say their daughter can no longer play with Mercedes?
2. What does Teresa Taylor give to Frances that infuriates Kathleen?
3. What disease is Kathleen's baby born with, causing the house to be put in quarantine?
4. On which holiday did James and Materia agree to meet in secret?
5. What is the name of the school Kathleen was enrolled in as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kathleen treat her younger sisters when no one else is around?
2. How does James adjust to life at home with Kathleen living in New York?
3. How does Mumma die?
4. What story does Frances tell Lily about the christening gown?
5. What is significant about Daddy's position in the armchair in the photograph of him described in the novel's prologue?
6. What wakes Mercedes up in the middle of the night on the evening before Materia's death?
7. What is the result of Kathleen's photo shoot in the days after her first singing recital?
8. Who is put in charge of raising the family when Materia dies?
9. What is the response to Kathleen's first public singing recital?
10. What is James's reaction to Ambrose's death?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)