Mid-Book Test (up to Book 4: The Old French Mine, Chapters 1-3)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice, 5 short answer, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. What disease is Kathleen's baby born with, causing the house to be put in quarantine?
c) Scarlet Fever.
2. What does Mrs. Luvovitz sell by the roadside?
3. Where does James sell his barrels of bootleg liquor?
a) Cape Breton.
4. Which of the following characters wake up the morning after Kathleen's death with blood in her slippers?
5. What is strange about James's reaction to Kathleen striking the piano keys?
a) It frightens him.
This section contains 1,078 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)