|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after receiving the mysterious note, does James arrive in Grand Central Station to bring Kathleen home?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three hours.
2. Which of the following items is NOT described in detail in the opening passages of the prologue?
(a) The bright moon.
(b) The thin trees.
(c) The barren schoolyard.
(d) The cutaway cliffs.
3. Who names the new baby Ambrose?
4. What is the name of Kathleen's accompanist in New York?
5. Which of the following Piper girls insists that something is wrong with Kathleen's baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Other Lily when she died?
2. Who does James put in charge of raising the new baby after Materia's death?
3. Which of the following did Mumma die from?
4. In what room of the house did Mumma die?
5. What does James hope to sell when he returns home from the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Mahmoud family's reaction to Kathleen's death?
2. What does Mercedes say one could use as rosary beads in case a proper rosary wasn't available?
3. Where does James get the money to start his new business upon returning home?
4. What is James obsessed with during his deployment, and how does that fuel his future upon returning home?
5. What makes James a good bootlegger?
6. How does James react when Kathleen sneaks up behind him and strikes a chord while his is tuning a piano?
7. What is the result of Kathleen's photo shoot in the days after her first singing recital?
8. What is the last thing Kathleen sees before she dies?
9. What is the reaction to Kathleen's talent when she arrives in New York City?
10. How does baby Ambrose die?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)