|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an object Frances proposed using as rosary beads when a proper rosary wasn't present?
(a) Clouds in the sky.
(b) Mouse turds.
(d) Dots on a newspaper.
2. Whom does Lily confide in when her terrible nightmares about Ambrose continue?
(c) Lily does not tell anyone about the dreams.
3. How long after receiving the mysterious note, does James arrive in Grand Central Station to bring Kathleen home?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three days.
4. Besides English, what other language does Materia speak at home?
5. How old was Other Lily when she died?
(a) One day.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his deployment, how long will James be away from his family?
2. What is the gender of Kathleen's baby?
3. Which of Kathleen's family members unexpectedly shows up for her first recital performance?
4. Which of the following did Mumma die from?
5. Which of the following items is NOT described in detail in the opening passages of the prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Materia feel guilty about her expectations for James's future in the army?
2. What terrible decision is Materia forced into when she helps her daughter Kathleen give birth to twins?
3. What is the Mahmoud family's reaction to Kathleen's death?
4. What talent does Kathleen show as a baby, and what is James's reaction to this talent?
5. What is James obsessed with during his deployment, and how does that fuel his future upon returning home?
6. How does James react when Kathleen sneaks up behind him and strikes a chord while his is tuning a piano?
7. What is James's reaction when he realizes that someone has moved the stones around Ambrose's grave?
8. What deal does Materia make with "the demon" to protect her second born daughter Mercedes?
9. How does Materia respond to her first pregnancy?
10. What does James do for a living?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)